RPG#15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith - Evil

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Jaymes, Mar 14, 2006.

1. RaistlinMajere666

RaistlinMajere666 New Member

in a cushiony room with a real tight jacket on...
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Medius looked at the elven sorceress in the tent entrance while the other elf (who looked similar to the sorceress, probably siblings) rambled on through the greetings. She looks familiar. Like I've seen her somewhere before, but where? He thought to himself.

He wasn't expecting the male elf shout to get ready for battle so soon. He decided to sit this one out and watch from the edge of the battle field. He watched as the sorceress drew pass him, brushing her hand against his as she left and looking him briefly in the face, in thought about her magic.

Medius followed the small group of odd warriors to where they had been called. He stopped in the shadows of a large tree and watched the battle unfold in front of him. He watched steel clash, magic sizzle through the air, heard shouts of pain and victory and then the shout for retreat.

The Dark Knight spy decided to see how many of the small band returned. He soon realized three of them not with the rest of the group and decided to go in search for them. He soon found the familiarl dark elf and who was apparently her brother. The male elf had a mortal wound in his stomach and was being cradled by his sister in his final moments before his soul was released to the next part of its journey. He watched as the two dark elves sat in the small clearing until he heard footsteps on the opposite side of the couple. A human male came up to the elf maid, put his hand on her shoulder and started making unheard promises.

Medius was glad to see her shrug them off. When he had left she set fire to her brothers body and started to make her way back to the camp. Medius decided to make himself seen, "May I accompany you back to camp?" He asked politely.

2. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Misbelief had filled Lunalaths mind. She didn't want to believe that her brother was now gone, so quickly, unexpectedly and covardly slaughtered. She squeezed her fists 'till they turned white. Her mind was full of different spells and methods of torture she wanted to try on the cursed human.

As Medius suddenly stepped out of the blue and said "May I accompany you back to camp?" Luna's facial expression remained indifferent, but her heart jumped from fright. She had to swallow the magical words that would have sent lightings from her hands, a little precaution she was accustomed to do, she had thought Medius to be her brothers murderer.
    She looked at him with her big blue eyes for a small moment and then said warmly:

''Sure you can, I would like that.''

''My regrets for your..'', Medius started, but Luna waved her and as a sign for him to stop talking.

''I shall always remember him, and cherish him in my memories, but excuse me if I do not wish to discuss of him with others.''

As they walked side by side, Luna looked at Medius curiously and said:

''You don't remember me, do you, Medius Scant? No, I didn't expect you to, after all, it has been quite a long time. And it was only a brief moment, but I remember you from all those knights. I noticed you the first moment I entered the hall. Hah, I even remember how you looked at me like a piece of filth. I think you have some personal issues with magicians, my friend...''

3. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Divada nodded as she finished consuming her meal of bread and cheese. She then settled down to sleep as the darkness swept through her mind taking her quickly. She dreamed that she was standing in the brink of a mightly battlefield. No knights, goblins, minotaurs, elves, or humans stood in front of her ready to do battle. No one did except for a dark mist. She walked through the mist and as she did it submersed. When it had cleared a man stood in front of her. A man dressed in black armor with black hair and eyes of blue. Gasping out loud she felt her knees go weak as she fell to the ground. The lord of undead himself, Chemosh stood in front of her. The one God she served without question.

"My lord." Divada said quietly with her head bowed in respect. She knew that she should not anger Chemosh unless she wanted an early dirt nap. Therefore she knelt their in the quietness around her waiting on what her God commanded her to do.

"Divada.." he said with a cruel smile, "I have chosen you as my new apprentice. I've watched you from afar and I command you to serve me well. In return I shall give you the knowledge of the most destructable spells on the astro plains and you shall be the undefeated sorceress of that world but I want you to take the Artifact when your party arrives at the domain which holds the medallion."

He stopped and wet his lips before continuing. "You must be the one to take it and not Darius. I've seen into his mind and knows that he does not trust you that he'll kill you any moment he gets. If you accept you must follow my orders and mine alone. Go along with Darius' orders but don't take them lightly - do as he asks but don't mention our meeting to anyone. Agreed?"

He held out his hand and Divada took it as his dark power washed over her. "Remember what I've said.." He then placed a chaste kiss on her lips as his power washed over her replenishing Divada of her strength and powers.

"I will my lord." she said softly and as suddenly as he had appeared Chemosh was gone and she slept.

Last edited: May 2, 2006
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    "Enough of this," DarkWind growled. It seemed to her that with Darius's last words he was calling her out in challenge. Whether he was or not, she did not care...she had made her decision.

Green eyes glowing in the darkness, DarkWind watched him carefully as he entered the thick trees. She waited until he was far enough from his group before melting from the shadows behind him. Keeping her stance strong, ready to grab the hilts of her swords strapped criss-cross on her back should need arise for them. Her voice was soft and raspy, yet cut through the air, "Heilsa, Darius."

(OOC: Sorry it's such a short post. :( )

5. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius didn't look back as this new being appeared behind him. No doubt the other shadow from before. With those two words he senced all of it's malice. This didn't bother him though, he'd delt with people like this before, that is to say those who planned his end, in fact his party seemed to be composed entirely of them, but he'd dealt with ones from all levels of skill. Unless they all organized against him he would have little trouble eliminating them when it became necessary. Still, there was something about this one that chilled him as he was sure he'd chilled many of his own victims. It was too much like him, he desided.

"You can relax, I don't plan to fight you just yet," he turned slowly, not bothering to try and see this other. Now he really felt it. The magics of this one were something akin to his own. "So, tell me, what is it that brings you here? Who sent you? If you are such a shadow." He didn't make a single hostile move, he wanted to see just how this other moved, he didn't want to alienate a being of possible use. Not yet...

6. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Kalder still sat tending to his wounds. He wasn't sure if he would ever recover fully from that fight. That elf was by far the best fighter he had ever fought personally. He usally fought only normal miltia soliders, not very well trained. But this elf, oh this elf was very different. Kalder was sure that the elf was a weapons master or some other highly warrior of whatever clan or group he fought for. But he was sure that the next fight he may be able to win for he had learned a little of the elfs weakness'. He wanted to kill that elf so bad it hurt. But still, somewhere, secretly in the back of his head he begged that he would never meet that elf again. Cause he also new on their next meeting that elf could kill him, but then again he could kill the elf. He didn't know what to think. Oh well, he thought to himself. He after all didn't have much to live for

7. RaistlinMajere666

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ''Sure you can, I would like that.'' Lunalith replied with a small hint of a smile that disappeared so fast that left Medius skeptical if it had happened.

''My regrets for your..'', Medius started, but Luna cut him off with a wave of her slender hand.

''I shall always remember him, and cherish him in my memories, but excuse me if I do not wish to discuss of him with others.'' She added to the hand wave coldly.

Medius felt as if he had intruded on something private.

''You don't remember me, do you, Medius Scant? No, I didn't expect you to, after all, it has been quite a long time. And it was only a brief moment, but I remember you from all those knights. I noticed you the first moment I entered the hall. Hah, I even remember how you looked at me like a piece of filth. I think you have some personal issues with magicians, my friend.'' She asked. Her spirits seemed to heighten as she warmed to the conversation.

"Sorry. I don't remember you at all. And I gave a lot of dirty looks to the black robes, "he let out a small laugh, "and I do have a problem with mages." He suddenly sombered from his joyful reply.

He caught Luna look up at him expectanly and he didn't fail her, "The first girl I fell in love with was a red-robed mage. She was a Qualinesti Elf who had been cast from her society for studying the darker side of magic under the supervision of a dark elf. Soon after she got her black robes and decided to tell me something she just happened to hear from her master, " He sighed as he told his history to a complete stranger. This is crazy, I don't even know her. He looked in her direction to see how she was reacting. She urged him on with a blink of her dark blue eyes, "She said that her master had known my mother and that she was also a Qualinesti Elf. That I was a half- elf." His hand went absent-mindedly to his ears that were covered by his shoulder length red hair. He felt their pointed ends, but denied the truth, "I told her that she was crazy. That my parents died in a fire when I was only a young child. She of course took me literal," he laughed again, "she started beating on me with her fists and feet and then remembered she had the ability to control magic. She decided to magic one of my arrows out of my quiver laying against the wall on the opposite side of the room." He gestured towards his right eye, "That's how I got this. Went straight through. I had to have a dark cleric knock me out and remove it. He was able to heal it, but I lost the eye and got this hideous scar in its place. After that I decided never again to trust a magi." He paused and looked at Luna, "Perhaps I can make an exception for one though." He took her hand and brushed his lips across her fingers.

The two had stopped a few yards away from their camp. Medius still held the sorceress' hand in his waiting to find out her reaction.....

8. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Medius took Lunalaths hand and brushed his lips across her fingers. She looked at him with mystical expression on her eyes. She didn't pull her hand away, but didn't do anything that would have hinted that he was allowed to do anything more than just hold her fragile hand.

''My hair was black and robe was red at those times, Medius.
    I had travelled with her to Neraka, where you two met. Ciathar was her name, right?''

''Yes.''

''She died some time ago. I could say I'm sorry for that, but I doubt you miss her badly. She wasn't much of a sorceress. The qualinesti had thrown her out from their lands, where as I walked away from there freely. She wasn't even very skilled in my opinion.
    And after she had pissed off Nuitari himself, I had the priviledge to end her life. Then again I met you while you were already a spy amongst Solamnian Knights.'', Lunalath said and tightened her grip of Medius's hand.

''I wasn't wearing this robe back then because they do not appreciate black robed mages and my hair had already turned white. I was travelling with my master back then, Sakard was his name. A human male, you remember?''
    Medius looked at Luna in doubt. Somehow he did remember, bit still...

''You followed us and tried to get close to me...and left me this little flower. Do you now remember the name 'Lunalath'?'' she asked and pulled a small flower out of her bag. It was white and it still looked living.

''I used magick to keep it alive. As I used magick to make you forget me, but I don't think that the spell effects on you anymore. You can remember if you want to'', she said warmly and sniffed the white flower.

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  9. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    DarkWind could tell that this human was unafraid....but very disturbed. Something about her bothered him (perhaps their common similarities) and this put her quite at ease.

"A wise decision", DarkWind hissed, "As I have no intention of killing you, for the the time being."

DarkWind knew Darius was trying to read her - she could almost see his mental gears turning....trying to figure out how he might use her to his advantage. She was careful not to give herself away.

Remaining perfectly still in the shadows, DarkWind asked, "You're bold. Or incredibly curious. Either way - the answer's the same - Chaos. Unlike you, human....Chaos is much more than a passion for my kind - it is our means of survival. I have not been sent by anyone and I care nothing for your quest....only for the Chaos it will leave in it's wake. Now...I have answered your questions now answer one of mine...there is something you seek, no? Perhaps I can help you find that which you seek in exchange for a little Chaos along the way?"

DarkWind remained silent, green eyes dancing in the dark,...and waited for Darius's reply.

10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius was now even more interested in this being. He believed her as far as her intent went. Chaos? This was what she sought? Not unheard of he supposed, and at least she wasn't a kender. In addition to that she volunteered her aid if she could cause some havoc in the process. A third assassin, and a possible saboteur. This shadow held more possibility for use than anyone else in his party save maybe Divida herself. And he had a feeling this wold be the only one to remain loyal past their return from the mission.

"Indeed, I seek something very valuable to the cause of Takhisis. And I can tell one of such skill as you would be greatly useful to my cause, and all the while, you may make chaos as you please, so long as it doesn't interfere with my gaining that which I seek," Darius said, "But I ask that you would enlighten me this, what am I to call you during our partnership?"

11. RaistlinMajere666

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ''My hair was black and robe was red at those times, Medius.
    I had travelled with her to Neraka, where you two met. Ciathar was her name, right?'' She asked him, looking at him with her blue eyes wide in wanted attention.

''Yes.'' he remembered her nam all right. And he wasn't shocked to here her dead; she wasn't always the most abiding of the magical law.

''She died some time ago. I could say I'm sorry for that, but I doubt you miss her badly. She wasn't much of a sorceress. The qualinesti had thrown her out from their lands, where as I walked away from there freely. She wasn't even very skilled in my opinion.
    And after she had pissed off Nuitari himself, I had the priviledge to end her life. Then again I met you while you were already a spy amongst Solamnian Knights.'', Lunalath said and tightened her grip of Medius's hand.

''I wasn't wearing this robe back then because they do not appreciate black robed mages and my hair had already turned white. I was travelling with my master back then, Sakard was his name. A human male, you remember?''
    Medius looked at Luna in doubt. Somehow he did remember, but still, his memory was a bit foggy...

''You followed us and tried to get close to me...and left me this little flower. Do you now remember the name 'Lunalath'?'' she asked and pulled a small flower out of her bag. It was white and it still looked living.

''I used magick to keep it alive. As I used magick to make you forget me, but I don't think that the spell effects on you anymore. You can remember if you want to'', she said warmly and sniffed the white flower, her gaze holding his.

Memories came flooding back into his mind like water welled up behind a dam that crumbles beneath the mighty weight. Memories of two black-robed mages walking down a road just out of Neraka. A beautiful dark-elf with a human she referred to as master. And a small white flower he had tried to win her heart with. He remembered, "I....I do remember now, Lunalath. The Sakard fellow ran me out of your camp by sending lightning bolts at me." But he took her hand that held the petite flower, "But not before I could give you this flower."

He closed the space between them and looked her in the eyes. He slowly bent down to kiss her tenderly on the lips....

(OOC: Okay daraja. It's up to you to decide what you want to happen next. I don't care as long as Medius isn't killed, maimed, or poisoned. *wink*)

12. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Awakening from her deep slumber Divada opened her eyes and gave a slight yawn. Her body felt even more powerful from the kiss that Chemosh had given her. Her soul flared with the power that he had opened her mind too. Her thirst to please Chemosh was above all others. The quest did not mean anything to her now. She wanted to get the artifact and show it as a token of her loyalty to Chemosh. Then he would reward her with the knowledge of the darkest magic to even be found on Krynn.

She arose from her blankets and looked to Rune who still stood watch. She came up behind him and placed her hand on his broad shoulder. Leaning close to his ear she whispered quietly in his elven tongue.

"We must keep to ourselves dear one. Our contract is now with the lord Cheomosh himself. Do as I command only as you have in the past. In the end you and I shall be rewarded for finding the artifact. If Darius tries to take my life I know that you will give up yours to see that I live. Be wary of him. I have seen trickery in his heart. Listen to his commands on the battle field and their alone. Now please get some rest I shall take watch now. You haven't seen Darius have you?"

Rune nodded his head no in response and Divada pursed her lips. "Very well. Get some rest Rune. You need it. I have a feeling we will be moving out soon."

Rune lay down on the blankets in which Divada had slept and before he could ask what she had dreamt he fell asleep. Divada strode to a nearby tree when her ears perked up at the sound of voices. Another mage and Lunalth stood on the brink of their encampment. They had been talking of someone who was now dead. Her blood boiling with Rage Divada wondered why the idiot girl had accepted him into their little band. No matter he could be dealt with easily. She snarled beneath her breath but didn't interfere.

She needed to deal with Darius some way but how?? She pondered this as she waited on him to return. He must have run into someone snooping around their encampment. He should have been back by now. She wanted to test out her newly acquired powers but wouldn't. She couldn't give away that she had gained more magical powers from her master Chemosh. Keeping her powers at their normal levels she waited patiently. And patience was one of her best virtues. The artifiact would be hers. Soon she would have the lands in the palm of her hands. Very soon now.

*Tag Anyone*

13. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath remembered how Medius had sneaked into their camp just after Lunitar had risen to the sky. He had run into a magical alarm that had woken her and Sakard. She remembered how he had rushed into her tent, his red hair shimmering in red moon's light, kissed her quickly and left the flower in her hands.
    All she remembered after that, was Sakard swearing from the top of his voice and the sound of lighting bolts he had casted towards the escaping knight. The memory of those days made her smile.

Medius pulled Lunalath closer and bent down to kiss her to the lips. She kissed him back and Medius tightened his embrace even more.

Lunalath suddenly moaned for ache on her left side. She touch the fine velvet fabric and noticed that it was wet for the blood from her wound that the Solamnian knight had been able to make.

''I guess this should be taken care of before it get infected'', she said to Medius. He nod with a serious look on his face and tried to guide her to the camp. But she stopped him by taking his hand.

''Come, there is a little river nearby where I can clean myself and my cloth. And where we can talk'', Luna said and nod towards Divada. She didn't want her to find out things about her right now. Though she didn't even seem very interested about Luna, which was fine with her. She was happy that Firebane thought that she was just a weak apprentice that didn't even have the power to make a magical light. She was going to prove her that she was more than an apprentice, but not yet. Firebane and Darius, they could both wait.

14. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    DarkWind sensed some confusion in Darius (perhaps at what she sought) but felt no compunction to explain herself...her kind was dark, devious, and often manipulative of the truth - but they never came out and lied...she had been truthful in her answers. What surprised her, was the sense that he also believed her - at least insofar as her intent.

Partnership? DarkWind smiled - Darius's accepting of her proposal meant one of two things: either he was incredibly brave and resourceful or he was entirely stupid. There was of course the third, and most dangerous possibility, that he had nothing left to lose. She wasn't sure which - but either way...he would be most helpful in her own quest - to survive.

After a long moment, she finally answered, bowing graciously, "DarkWind."

Standing up straight, she looked at Darius a faint smile on her beautiful face, "What would you have me do?"

15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The other bowed with a swift grace and spoke her name, "Darkwind."

"What would you have me do?"

"For now, nothing. Keep a watch on the group, study the two mages that travel with us most carefully. I feel rather soon they and I will become engaged in quite the power struggle, so I will need your help to turn their hatred for each other stronger than what they feel for me. From then it's only a matter of a few words and they will weaken each other enough for us to maintain dominance. But be careful, Luna will not detect you, but Divida very well might. Be careful and don't take any unnecessary risks. Not until we are ready to make our move," Darius said in a cold tone, he needed to know everything about the mages to play them against each other. He had Luna's undying hatred already, she knew what he'd done, but he may still be able to manipulate Divida if he was careful about it.

16. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    As Divada turned away from the 'happy' couple with a sneer on her beautiful face.

A magical sensation tingled in her veins as her newly found powers from Chemosh made her ears perked up at the sound of more voices in the distance. It sounded like Darius who was speaking to someone or something. She Knew she sensed something earlier during that battle. What it was she didn't know but she knew whatever the creature was it was indeed strong as well as its soul, if it had one was filled with hatred and chaos. Such a being wasn't from this plain. Whatever plain it had come from it surely had to bleed. For now though she wouldn't interefere in Darius and this creatures little game.

The sun was rising slowly in the skies and the darkness was beginning to fade away. A new day had begun and they should have been on the move by now. Chemosh's voice could be heard in her mind.
    The god himself was speaking to her as her attention became focused on the rising sun she could her his words in her mind.

"Divada, be wary of Darius he plans to turn you and the other mage you hate so much against one another. He has aquired a new ally - one of my world. Be wary of her for she is very powerful. Keep your sight on Darius at all times. Be calm and heed my words in the future."

Divada nodded absently as she walked over to wake Rune up.

"Darius we need to leave now." She called into the darkness hoping to get his attention from the conversation that he held.

17. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    DarkWind smiled, tilting her head slightly - she had made a good choice in this one....

"As you wish," she hissed, "Simply speak the word when you wish me to strike - but I do plan a bit of Chaos along the way." DarkWind stopped ubruptly and seemed to sniff the air, "Divida calls, she knows you speak with someone."

Came a voice from beyond the trees.

DarkWind turned back to Darius, "Ever will I be in the shadows, waiting and watching." Her form began to fade into the shadows, although she made no move.

18. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius turned as Divida called out. "Very well, just make sure not to be found out." The assassin then leaped from the tree and returned to camp. He saw the accursed sun and knew why Divida had called him. "Alright, Kiri-Jolith's group will be heading out soon. I don't need to tell you to keep them in your sights, but stay out of theirs," he said looking mostly as Divida. He quickly realised she knew much more about his goals than he'd given her, but he wasn't sure as to just how much more. For that he'd need to rely on Darkwind. Putting it to the back of his mind he truned his attention back to the enemy party. "We'll move when they do, be ready."

19. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    "We'll move when they do, be ready." Daruis said, after his speech about watching the enemies movements.

About a minute or 2 later they spotted some enemy movement. Divida was the first to spot them. Rushing across the spot of the battle into the forest they followed the group at a safe distance. Far enough away so that they couldn't be seen and close enough to be able to see them. They marched along the forest floor careful to avoid and sticks or other undergrowth that would alert the enemy of their presence.

After what seemed like days the enemy stopped for a break most likely for lunch. Kalder's group shadowed them. Kalder was happy to break. He collapsed on the floor laying his pack on the ground next to him and grabbing some dried rabbit jerky to chew on. Not the best food, but its all he had on him.

20. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Gathering her belongings Divada walked over to the small band but didn't say anything. Hiding her feels beneath a mask of coldness she waited patiently by Rune's side. Her magics swirled around her body, mind, and soul calling her and making her feel right at home. The only home she had was through her magic and of course the warmth of Rune next to her at night. Wanting to catch up with the band of goody-two-shoes she stretched her legs out for what was going to be a long jog. Rune stood beside her quietly as he finished the last of his pork. He handed Divada a ripe apple which she took graciously and began eating it.

Her mind was set on what she had to do and when Lord Chemosh was ready to speak to her then he would. She was anticipated on what he wanted to tell her next. She wanted to know how she was to kill those she was allied with. Her soul ravaged in her new found power. She wanted to do nothing but please her one master fore if she failed then she would surely be exiled into the depths of Hades. Never to see Rune or her Lord again. She would not fail again. Failure had nearly gotten her killed five years ago. She need not ponder on that day yet it still haunted her dreams at night. That was the one dream she could not escape.