RPG#15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith - Evil

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Jaymes, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hearing Divida say, "We need to get going." I tell my sister, "I'll tell you about me later, but now we must leave and head towards the Vale of Vipers, were ever that may be." Just then Darius bashed his swords together in warning and said, "Kel, we need to get moving, you're killing precious darkness, let's go!"

"Alright!" I say loud enough for him and the others to hear. Leaving the tent with Luna right behind me I look about the armies encampment and see that it had marched off. Indeed we had wasted much time. And it seemed a new member had joined our noble ranks. I had seen the man before but could not remeber his name so I was relieved when he, obviously didn't remeber me, and said, "Hello elf, I am Medius and was ordered by Verminaarrd to join you in your simple quest."

Shaking his hand I saw that he had scratchs of a previous battle not to long ago and replied introducing myself and my sister, "I am Kel and this is my sister Luna. It is always good tidings to have a Knight among us."

Seeing everyone was ready I look through the paper Verminaarrd had given me and found that there was no map...I look through again scaning the pages of useless information I had not read yet and saw that it said the map was most likely in posesion of the Knights in High Clerist tower or Palathas and that we would be forced to follow the other group till we could overcome them and 'gently' gather the information from them through some torture.

Sighing I say, "Well, we will have to start searching for the enemies group of men set to this task because they are the only ones who know were it is, hopefully we can defeat them and go on with our quest unhindered." saying that I look up towards the north and see that the enemy, a small band, was practiclly on top of us. I yell out, "Prepare yourselfs!!" and grab my longsword knowing that ranged weapons would be useless in close combat as well as spells this close for they would have a devestating effect on both sides.

(Magic users I suggest that you fight with the red robe mage away for magic users at most can only have daggers due to their order if I remeber correctly)

2. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Kelevendros bursted out of the tent leaving Lunalath sitting alone for a small moment. When she came out she saw a new man standing infront of Kel. The man hsaked Kel's hand and gave him a piece of paper and saying:
    "Hello elf, I am Medius and was ordered by Verminaarrd to join you in your simple quest." Luna heard Kel introducing them both to this knight who was a knight, Nerakan knight to be more spesific.
    She knew she had seen this man before, in Neraka. Medius? How interesting to run into him like this. Lets see if he remembers me too.
    Lunalath was about to touch Medius's hand to make him notice her, but then Kel yelled:
    "Prepare yourselfs!!" Everyone started drawing their swords and Luna started to collect good combat spells in her mind.

(OOC: Kinda short, but I couldn't come up with anything else...

3. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius scanned the approaching party. The average group of warriors, save for one minotaur. Darius knew this beast would prove a nasty enemy if not delt with quickly, so he desided to take matters into his own hands. He drew his swords and then vanished without a trace, only to reappear shortly just above the minotaur. The beast felt his presence and moved just in time to avoid a deadly strike from the assassin. The creature stepped forth and attempted to grab Darius, but the human was too quick and managed to get out of the way.

The bull headed warrior unslung his mighty axe and swung it flat side toward Darius, he leaned down and did the splits to avoid the bone shattering impact. He then got up and ran up the minotaur's leg and nearly delivered a hard kick to it's chest, making it step back. It didn't go far however and was quickly on top of him again. It was the ultimate test of strength versus speed, and Darius was confident speed would win out.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  4. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    (OOC: Where did these guys come from?? Jaymes what do you mean us magic users? I don't comprehend.)

Divada thought of a spell and began chanting quietly as she kept her vision focused on the red mage before the party. Rune pulled forth his blades and rushed toward an approaching Draconian warrior who charged at Divada with an axe. The creature hackled in its own tongue when it was hit in the chest with one of Rune's blades. The Draconion didn't even have any time to scream as the second sword decapitated its head from its body. What was left over fell onto the ground in an oozing puddle of dark red blood.

Rune fell into a surreal calmness as a human warrior approached him and he sheathed his blades and withdrew his double bladed axe and the human approached with an overbearing grin on his face. The grin soon faded when Rune delivered a mighty blow which the man barely defended with his shield.

*Tag Someone*

5. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    (ooc: they're the good group, we're fighting)

6. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath had to back a little bit, to avoid the first touch of the battle. She quickly gathered her thoughts and charged her hands with lightnings. Luna noticed that Firebane had already selected the red robed mage as her target. She may take care of the mage, I think she might even be capable of doing that. Her hands were hissing for the power and she quickly opened her palms and directed her blow towards a Solamnian knight.

(OOC. Got to write a little text after all :D )

7. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Kalder watched as a group of warriors approached their party. Getting out his short sword and dagger he ran at the newly found enemy. He ran at sword weilding elf who blocked his blow and countered with a low swing at his waist which Kalder quickly dodged away from by diving to the ground. Rolling away from a stab to the floor Kalder got cut in the side with the elves sword.

Wincing he got up and took a step back from the elf as they once again locked in combat. Kalder could certianly tell that the elf was a highly seasoned opponent and he could very easily lose this fight. Going at the elf all the much harder Kalder was once again on the floor from another dodge. But this time he was ready. Flipping away from the elf he scord a cut into the elves shoulder blade.

8. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    (OOC: Ranna's post in P vs P area. )

9. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    The first breath of morning is coming through the thick forest. It is calm, cool, and peaceful here. Although the atmosphere seems to ripple with promise and tranquility, Dyami curses herself for being late. The battle for the High Clerists Tower has started, and she has missed it.

True, she was part of no military per say, but with war comes chaos, and with chaos comes desperation. And desperation always has worked to Dyami’s advantage. As the battle continues, people start to buckle and break… not all were meant for war… and tr****rs become prevalent. It is in this sort of calamity… when captains and generals scrounge desperately for swift solutions for dire situations, that she comes with answers… for the right price that is. Killing a deserter on one side, an incompetent sergeant on the other… oh yes… the leaders are able to blame the other side and she is left with pockets full.

Unfortunately this strategy is best done when Dyami is there to watch the encounter from the start… so as to know her future patrons and prey long before they even know of her existence. Her timing was usually perfect… Following battalions from a distance (Lord Verminaard’s troupes being the latest of many military legions), knowing with an unnatural intuition when they are about to strike… And for a reason that still escaped her, her sleep went on longer then she ever intended, and was now trailing sourly behind.

Still loping with near-absolute silence through the wood, something caught her attention… an energy… it grazed her nerves as frivolously as a mosquito’s bite, but was strong enough to stop her in her tracks. Her instincts knew that energy well… it was the echoes of an ongoing battle. But, she was no where close enough to the Clerists Tower for this to be resonating from there. Another battle? Nearby? With a small hesitation, Dyami decided to go investigate. As she runs, she rubs a charcoal powder over her skin, so her face would blend into the shadows of her hood. Soon the sound of metal scraping against metal and the cries of battle could be heard… there was also the sound of magic, crackling through the air… a dangerous warning if Dyami were to make a false move… A sturdy tree is found and she climbs it effortlessly and silently, finding a perfect niche within the leaves. There, she stays perfectly still, a darker shadow amongst shadows… she could tell that she is far away that even an elf would have difficulty finding her outline… although if he took the time and searched, he may see her eyes, seemingly floating in shadow. As her breath slowed, she could sense her body temperature drop, an old assassin trick that would confuse any with such abilities to see heat. Not that any would… being locked in battle is quite distracting enough without precautions… but one could never be too sure. Now… who are these combatants?

10. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Her eyes drifted to what must, no doubt, be considered the “bad guy” side of this conflict. It was obvious to see that most these beings of the military sort. And, by their fighting style and armor, they were of Lord Verminaard’s troupes. But why were they fighting here, and not at Clerists Tower? Deserters? Or was their task of more importance then the war in which their comrades were fighting at this very moment? Dyami decided she would have to investigate more on the matter later.

The leader was the first grabbed her attention. A fierce, dark elf. His fighting style strong and deliberate. More then once he shouted commands to his band, making sure that control has not been lost. He seemed recognizable… Dyami pulled her memory for the answers. As a bounty hunter, she has memorized countless flyers filled with descriptions and prices. Finally, it came to her. Oakleaf… Mercenary… the bounty was good, although the origin of the flyer eluded her at the moment. Although, this elf was definitely the leader, there was another commanding force that quickly drawn her attention.

A human, black-robed mage. By the energy that surrounded her, a powerful one at that. After taking a closer inspection to her face, Dyami’s heart nearly skipped a beat. The flyer was still clear in her mind: Divada Firebane, mage extraordinaire of Lord Verminaard. It was an empty hope when the Paladins put these posters into circulation. The large number of zeros made that more then clear. The gold… the reputation… it was an exciting prospect indeed. Making an effort to put greed aside, Dyami realized another problem… Divada’s presence commanded subordination and servitude, but… if this was the case, then why was the mercenary in charge? This issue could grow into a major conflict if this chain of command kept… and that idea thrilled Dyami. This was the beginning of a small but very interesting conspiracy, and to Dyami no riches in the world could compare to the power of a unique story unfolding before her very eyes.

The screaming battle cry of a goblin demanded Dyami’s attention. The red-armored creature was a fast and wild fighter. Although small, and single-minded in his efforts, the little thing was still an amazing force to be reckoned with. Although he is definitely evil, Dyami couldn’t help but think of this goblin as adorable. Then again, she thought all small and vicious creatures as cute, and pet-worthy… It was an odd habit of hers since ever she was a child. Ripping her concentration away from the destructive little thing, her mind was soon fascinated by another.

By the look of his stature, one would almost be certain that this stranger was human… yet there was something about him that seemed… less human... Some sort of spell? It was impossible to tell behind his mask. In either case, Dyami knew his fighting style as intimately as she knew her own. He, like herself, was an assassin, a being of the shadows. Yet again her bounty hunting memory called to her. His style… Darius… wanted by the thieves… no… those posters were old… Darius was dead. At that moment, the assassin disappeared and reappeared before Dyami’s eyes…teleportation. The cheater used magic. It didn’t matter, his skill was still remarkable. A swift and mysterious killer, a freak of the human race… a man after her own hollowed heart. And impressive still, he was not the only assassin in their ranks.

A swift half-elf flashed by her vision. Dyami’s eyes followed. The girl wore a midnight-blue robe, wielding a machete. Like the other assassin, she has chosen speed as her ally. But, there was also a healthy amount of confidence in her stride… maybe too much confidence… Unlike the others, her style didn’t seem like the trained work of a military person. It was free and rogue-like… probably trained by no one but herself. Dyami guessed that this group has made this girl a last-minute hire…. thus making her quite a wild card in the group. Her features, and especially her night-blue robe matched the descriptions of a few wanted posters… they didn’t have a name, but Dyami was sure that the assassin in those posters and the girl before her were one in the same.

There was one other who wasn’t in step with the military… yet she fit within their folds more comfortably then Ranna. She was another black-robed mage. Although less powerful then Firebane, her body crackled with potential. When Dyami got a clear view of her face, she knew automatically why she seemed to fit in so well… she and the mercenary were related… probably brother and sister. This would put more interest on the unfolding conspiracy to say the least…. That is… if she lived through this battle. As the elf decided to lunge a paladin with a dagger, her future seemed less then certain.

There was also a human fighter within the group. His focus was strong, cunning, and he had the sure step of a military man. But, his style was slightly mixed…. Although he was first and foremost a fighter of her Lady of Darkness, his movement deceived another military style as well… a knight of Kiri-Jolith? Either he was a man of great imitation… or he was a spy… and has been one for quite some time… Dyami couldn’t help but to have respect for one who could fool an entire army of paladins, he was obviously very brave for doing so as well. Yet, there was one other in the group.

A night elf and a great fighter. He was strong, silent, and dangerously focused on his enemy. His focus seemed almost unnatural within the group… while the rest fought, their movements and facial expressions betrayed many personal agendas, such as, trying to stay alive. Instead, this one had complete focus on his enemy…. And… strangely enough… Firebane… Maybe he was more her bodyguard then an actual fighter… it wouldn’t be surprising if she was given one by the military. In either case, he was a dangerous being indeed.

Transfixed on the battle, Dyami watched all, and learned. This was her element, her talent, her deep-seeded Shadowblade training. Know thy enemies, and to them, you shall be invincible. Every move made, betrayed emotions, styles, and behaviors to Dyami. If the battle stretched on long enough, she would have every person’s fighting style memorized, and would be easy to predict their actions if ever she had to face them. This was not magic, this was human imitation at it’s best. Whatever happened next, Dyami knew she would be a part of it, whether it was in the shadows, or as a central axis. The only question left was, who’s side should she join? The deceptive webbing of darkness, or the unique and colorful blend, which made the light?

(OOC: GAH!!!! LONG!!! If you want, i can delete the running commentary on all the characters.... SORRY!!!!)

11. Black Tattoo

Black Tattoo The Corruptor

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Dyami was not alone in her observation of the battle. On the opposite side of the conflict, shrouded in web-like shadows stood a Shade, DarkWind by name. But while Dyami was debating which side to join, DarkWind was playing both sides.

Green eyes flashing with glee, DarkWind watched the endless dances of battle around her. Not one of the combatants noticing her in the dark shadows, they being too focused and concerned with their own survival. Having no personal preference as to who won this conflict, DarkWind simply enjoyed the Chaos and Havoc derived from it. She fed on it, like a leech - a beautiful, deadly, leech. Of course, the more Chaos and Havoc she could create, the more powerful she became.

For a long moment, she watched the irratic movements of a goblin, hopping about slicing and gouging where ever the opportunity presented itself. She smiled and a flick of her wrist brought a blackness before the goblin's eyes - a blackness only he could see. At the same moment, she turned her attention to a Solamnian knight moving in her direction, though not AT her - his eyes were focused beyond her position. With the mumbling of a few arcane words she cast an ice spell upon him. The knight looked surprised but did not slow in his movements as he continued past her.

He was not, however, as surprised as DarkWind was at the failure of her spell to drop him to his knees - his heart siezed with ice. The confusion quickly turned into intruigue as she watched the knight. He was, she guess, some type of paladin.

DarkWind smiled cruelly, she would deal with him eventually but made no further moves against the combatants on either side, not wanting to turn the tide of battle one way or the other - not yet anyway. She would wait to see what the Tiefling on the other side of the field was going to do first.

Oh, she had noticed the vampiric looking creature early on - but DarkWind was fairly certain that she herself had not yet been noticed by her.

(OOC: I hope this was an okay first post! If not, let me know and I'll fix it. :) )

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius looked over his allies as they all tended to their wounds. Their near defeat there was shameful at best. They were all highly trained experts in their field, and yet they'd been nearly routed by a squad of adeventurers with one paladin in the command. Still, some good had come of it. He was rid of Kel, and that left him in charge of this party. They all knew Kel had fallen somewhere in the line of combat, so no one asked questions, making it even easier.

"Alright, this is a bit of a setback, but they did catch us off guard. Next time we'll return the favor. For now however, let us use them as a bit of aid shall we?" He looked into the distance and saw the other party's camp. They were clearly the others who sought this artifact, and they would have a map, unlike him. "We'll let them lead us to the artifact and handle any problems that arise along the way, then we can deal with them at the sight of the relic."

13. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath was almost glad to hear Darius yelling the retreat command. Her pride commanded her to fight until the bitter end, but she knew it was better to save herself to fight on another day. As she retreated from the battle field, a sudden flood of blood scent reeked to her face. She realized that she knew that smell from the past and immediatly recogniced it belonged to Kel. She sneaked in to the bushes and went back a little distance, following the trace of smell. And there, between two beautiful trees he was.

Kelevendros was lying on the ground silently. His body was cruelly mutilated and he was lying in his own blood pond. Lunalath kneeled beside his body and lifted the body to her arms. She could still feel the faint life force beating inside of him, but she knew he could not last for long. She caressed his blond hair and death pale face and said:

''Oh Kel my beautiful brother, tell me who did this to you and I will make sure you will have your revenge for this cruelty.''

Kelevendros opened his eyes and Lunalath patiently waited for his last words. She knew his pain was unbeareble.

14. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Hearing the words "Retreat" Divada doubled her efforts to ride herself of the mage. Casting a protective barrier around herself she wielded her weapon and took another swipe at the mage trying to draw his focus back on her. She was Going to properly finish off this little bug who had bitten her. The welt he had given her was beginning to sting and annoy her. She knew that if she held up any longer she would use energy that needed to be conserved in order for her to recover. She snarled as she began her retreat from the mage before using a paralyzing spell on him. Next time she would rid herself of the mage. The next time the words "Retreat" would not hinder her from her effort. Her feet hit the slick wet grass and she rushed with extreme effort to her evil comrades.

Rune woke up wozy and saw his mistress running in the opposite direction so he got up and ran toward Divada as he scooped her into his arms as if she was no more than a child. He knew she needed food and water. Once back at what was left of their camp Rune gently sat Divada on the ground and began rummaging through his pack for some food. He took out a loaf of bread and handed it to Divada as he took out some gauzes and a bottle of clear ointment which he would apply to her burns after she was done eating. Divada waited quietly and in deep thought as she munched carefully ate the bread. She knew it would take at least an hour or longer for her to regain her magical strength. Rune took notice that Kaladar was missing but didn't say anything to his mistress. He knew she needed rest before they moved in the shadows of darkness.

The plan that he heard was they were going to track the goody-two-shoes who were after the relic and then right before they found it they would pounce on their unsuspecting prey and kill every last one for victory.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  15. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Trying to speak but unable to do so I spit up blood. Seeing my sisters sad eyes upon me I pray to any god that someone would take her away hoping that she would remember me as I was and not as I am.

Seeing Darius come through the woods towards her I look at him with hate full eyes but am unable to stop him in anyway. I wish to warn my sister of his trechery but am unable to. But as her approaches he takes Luna and leads her away, saying, "We will avenge your brother Luna. And I knew him well, so as he made me his second I wish to make you mine so you can avenge and honor your brother. He wouldn't want you to remember him in his last moments but those of past times." Hearing this I knew immediately that he wished to cover his tracks and could only pray all the more harder that one day I would be avenged by my sister. With that final thought my head falls toward my chest were I gasped my last rugged breath.

**I.R. I hope you didn't mind me controling your character a bit.**

16. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    DarkWind's eyes were wide with shock. She had not expected so great a battle to end in retreat but, as she stood gazing at the blood soaked battle field, she realized there was no other way.

Nearby she watched a young woman kneeling beside a dieing man - by her actions it was plain to see they were related somehow, brother and sister perhaps? Another man came and took the woman away and DarkWind's curiosity was piqued. There was something decidedly decietful about him, DarkWind disliked him on sight.

As the battlefield emptied, DarkWind emerged from the shadows and knelt beside the woman's brother. Chanting a dark spell, she dipped the fingers of her right hand into the blood pool around the body. Instantly, her mind was tapped into his memories and she saw that her suspicions were accurate - the one named Darius was tretcherous.

She had never liked those who were power-hungry.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the woman - she was coming back. A flick of her wrist transported her once again amongst that shadows and from there she watched the woman's magickal farewell to her kin.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  17. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    (OOC. Could you change your post a little bit freedomspirit? 'Cause Luna would never leave her brother to rot in a forest... So I made her burn him. But there is a pile of ashes to which your charry might be able to do her spell?? All this 'cause Luna isn't so heartless that she'd abandon a body of her beloved. Her ONLY beloved.
    Cheers..)

Kelevendros was unable to do anything but spit blood. Lunalath caressed his beautiful face and whispered to him on their own language:
    ''You don't have to say anything my brother. I will have him for this. I can still smell his scent upon the air... It seems the lessons of Sakard didn't go in vain after all.''
    She held Kelevendros in her arms and watched the life escaping from his eyes.

Faint voice of steps came behind Luna, but she didn't hear them. Then she felt a touch of hand on her shoulder and saw Darius standing besides her.
    Lunalath looked Darius with dull eyes. She could not hear his words quite well 'cause it seemed that her heart was beating inside her head. She heard him talking:
    "- -ll avenge your brother Luna.''

Kel....

''And I knew him well - - made me his second I wish to make you - -''

Kel....

''- -you can avenge - - honor - - brother. He wouldn't want you to remember him - -."

She ripped herself from his grasp and hissed between her teeth:
    ''Go away, cursed one. I wish to bury my brother and ones like you aren't good enough to be present at the time being.'' She could smell Kelevndros's blood on his blades and she understood that those blades were the kinds with which Kel had been murdered. But she didn't want to kill this man, not yet. She wanted to make him suffer badly.

Once she could no longer hear his steps, she kneeled again besides Kel, took him into her arms and set him in magical fire. It surrounded them both, but it could not hurt Luna herself. After few short moments the body of her beloved brother had vanished and left nothing but ashes behind and she finally bursted into tears.

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  18. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius didn't try his luck with the mage. He'd never much liked dealing with elven females, and his history with dark mages only made it less appearling to deal with her now. But that wasn't the only reason he let her be. There had been another there, one shadow could always detect another, and this one stank of the abyss. Still, he wasn't going to call them out for now. He had no fear, what was the worst they could do? Ally against him? Kill him? It made no difference to him. For the time being he had Divida to aid him, that would keep the elf from trying anything before the mission was accomplished. While he couldn't see Luna's ally, he could easily feel it out, and he had the skill to kill them if they became a problem, or so he assumed. And besides, for him death was a welcome thing.

19. Black Tattoo

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    A chill ran down DarkWind's spine - he had sensed her. She could FEEL it. Why hadn't he attacked? The presence of a Shade was enough to instigate an attack by most creatures without question. But not this "Darius".

DarkWind did not fear him, but her curiosity was piqued.

Her green eyes danced in the darkness - this could prove to be more interesting than she had first expected. Staying within the dark shadows surrounding the group, she debated whether or not she should reveal herself to them. Perhaps she should approach the female - the kin of the one who had been murdered. Or should she go to the one named Darius? While she did not approve of those who were power hungry - she DID admire his audacity to kill one of his own, with his victim's kin being a member of his party.

Or, and this was always an option, should she wait and let them come to her?

20. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius arrived back where the rest of his party had set up camp. It was obvious they were all well trained compared to the other group. They'd already started a small fire that wouldn't give away their location, and all of them had tents up. A quick look over told him the other team had their fire, but no tents, their watch was also sub-par at best.

"Get rested, I'll have first watch, then Rune and Divida, then Kalder. We'll head out as soon as that other lot has gotten up. Be ready for anything, I've got a feeling we may be in for some wild happenings tonight," he shouted to the group just before disappearing into the trees.