RPG#15 - The Artifact of Kiri-Jolith - Evil

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by Jaymes, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    (the other side is for the characters whose alignment is good)

As the War of Souls drags on to an unexpected length with no end in site the Knights of Solamnia are forced to make a hard decision. They choose to send a Paladin of Kiri-Jolith to find a sacred artifact blessed by Kiri-Jolith himself that was thought to be lost by that order long before the Cataclysm. Not willing to send one of their own alone into the Ogre Kingdom of Kern to retrieve the artifact they tell the Paladin Egrin Fallabrine to seek out his fellow champions in Palanthas, which was near the front of the High Clerist Tower soon to be under siege, under the guidance of Kiri-Jolith. This is were the story begins for Paladin Fallabrine as he searches the city diligently until those who showed promise for this holy mission, in which the fate of Ansalon hung in the balance.

Getting wind of the Knights plans Dragon High Lord Verminaard sent his own men to retrieve this artifact before the Knights could get a chance to use it against the Lord Verminaard’s troops. Thus he sent Kelevendros Oakleaf, although not his most trusted servant he was by far one of the most diligent and successful as the High Lord himself. Kel knowing that to get to the Vale of Vipers, which was to be were the Artifact was told to by located, knew that he would have to travel long and hard to make up for time that Fallabrine had used to his advantage. Here begins the mission for Kel to find companions in the Plains of Solamnia in the tent camp of the army that will eventually lay siege to High Clerist Tower.

Which side will you choose to pledge your allegiance? Will you path lead you to victory or defeat? Now is the time to find out what you are truly made of...

2. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Recieving a message from Lord Verminaard himself to attend him was a mystery to me and my comrades around me for all knew I openly mocked and disobeyed him. Maybe this time I had gone to far...

Getting up from the seat around a warm campfire in the nights air I headed towards Verminaards tent in the center of camp. Approaching the tent I was asked to remove my weapons which I did so reluctently yet did none the less. Stalking into the tent without giving the guard a chance to annouce myself I was surprised to see him waiting for me knowing my action before I did it.

Saluting smartly I take a seat without waiting for a returning salute or Verminaard asking me to sit. Not seeing any reaction from the man I simply say, "You called me Lord Verminaard."

His was slow to reply and I had thought he hadn't heard me and was about to repeat myself when he said, "Yes Kelevendros I called you. The reason I called you and not another is because you have courage to openly defy me and continue to do so. The task I have for you will depend on you perfomences from here on out. It is simple enough for one such as you. All the details are in this massive which you will read after the army leaves. You will stay here with any you wish though choose wisely for this mission is not one to be taken lightly even if you can achive victory over the enemy."

"Sir, were will I be going? How many men will be left under my command?" I asked now truly interested in this quest.

Verminaard replied saying, "You are to take a small detachment of men no more then eight to be kept hiden for any larger group will surely catch travellers eyes and the information will undoubtedly find it's way to the Paladin and his group of travelling allies. You are to stop him from reaching the Vale of Vipers or reach it before him. Like I said the massive has more details. I am too tired to go into them myself so leave me, but remeber eight men and no more. choose carefully for you will not be going against untrained troops who haven;t seen battle. These men you will be faceing will be as dangerous as you yourself are." With that Verminaard stopped all discussion and dismissed me.

Curious of my mission I leave without open disagreements or rude remarks. Leaving the sight of the tents guards I disobey the Lord's wishes and open the massive. Reading it I am shocked at what my lord had bestowed upon me. The task itself was daunting just reading it. The preperations that lay before me in one nights time was already weighing me down.

Being the natural leader that I was I quickly called an assembly of the men under my command and ask for volunteers. The others who didn't wish to come along would be placed under my seconds command and continue with the army. Standing on a stool I ask my men, whom were of all race and size, "Who wishes to follow me to fight the Solamnia's best as they try to find hope in a lost god!?!"

3. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Sparks flew as Kalder the goblin sharped his short sword upon a piece of metal. When suddenly a page pushed through the crowd around Kalder and his comrades. Right to one of his friends Kel the dark elf. "O God!" Kalder thought to himself. He new immediatly it was a page to Lord Verminaard himself. "Kelevendros Oakleaf? Am i correct?" The page questioned.

Kel shook his head grimly

"You are ordered to Lord Verminaard's tent double time."

"Yes Sir" Kel said looking the page straight into the eye.

Kalder wasn't very shocked when he heard that his good friend and messmate Kel was ordered to Lord Verminaards tent. 'He'll surely skin Kel!' he thought to himself, thinking back to the last time Kel had disobyed the lord. He continualy disobeyed and mocked Verminaard.

He watched sadly as his dark elf friend entered his masters tent. Minutes passed and finally Kel exited the tent, with smirk still on his face. Then he watched at the dark elf opened a massive and read it, seeminly intrugied.

Then Kel just stood there before rushing off to his tent. He came out a few moments later then once again rushing away to the campfire area were Kel, Kalder, there other friends stayed mostly. Then grabbing a wooden stool from the campfire circle he stood on it and waited for a crowd to gather.

Men gathered from around the camp wondering what this dark elf had to say. Clearing his throat Kel then blared out loudly so the entire mob of people could hear- "Who wishes to follow me to fight the Solamnia's best as they try to find hope in a lost god!?!"

"I do!" Screamed out Kalder along with some of the mob while another majority screamed out boo's or simply walked away cursing about the supposingly 'foolish' dark elf and his stupid schemes.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  4. RaistlinMajere666

RaistlinMajere666 New Member

in a cushiony room with a real tight jacket on...
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Medius looked at his ale thruogh his red hair. How much longer, how much longer until I'm found out. He looked at the Solamnics he had betrayed next to him. They don't even know. They don't know that I have betrayed their entire knighthood.

"Meds, check out the Draco in the corner." One of the solamnics, a tall muscular man, called out drunkenly, "Let us kill him." He pulled his blade out clumsily and tried making his way toward the draconian who was sitting in the dark corner.

"John! Don't start quarrels, I don't want to bail you out of it again." Medius said to his friend. He would have been more than happy to fight, but that was the runner he was supposed to give his information to. "Avo, help please!" He raised his voice at the knight across from him. He grabbed a hold of John's collar and pulled him back.

Looking at the confusion, the Baaz smiled. He could see his correspondent and knew of his violent nature. But he also knew that he was a loyal knight and would give the needed information to his lord. The draconian settled back against the wall, his clawed feet scraping the floor a tiny bit, "Stupid humans." he muttered to himself.

John slipped out of Medius' grasp and rushed at the draconian. There was a flash of steel and both foes fell to the floor. Damn! Medius thought. He searched the bodies and discovered a small knife in the Knights chest. But before he could search the Baaz's body it turned to stone. He managed to make out a small crease in the stone on the neck, guessing what caused the draconian to die.

He came back to reality. The tavern was in chaos. The barmaids were screaming and the patrons were asking loudly what happened. Medius slipped his dagger out and cut open the pouches where the draco had sat. He found scrolls with his Lord's seal, addressed to him. He slid them into a hidden pocket and made his way outside of the tavern, forgetting Avo, who followed him in shock.

5. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Sounds of the camp driffted into Lunalaths ears even before she saw the tents and camp fires and the men around them, hoping the warmth would drive away the nights chilly air. She also smelled the camp before they even saw her. She looked to the sky, trying to find the lost moon of her god, but found nothing but the one moon, which looked to dull in her eyes. After taking a deep breath of fresh air she entered Lord Verminaard's territory.

Lunalath came to the camp, walked through it, all the way to a certain tent and no-one said a thing. She walked with soft but confident and fast steps. Everyone standing on her way got a vicious gaze upon them as a praise from the depths of her hood. Though there were almost none. Midnight had gone by long ago. It wouldn't be long before the sun would come hopping up to the sky.

Mostly the whole camp was quite silent and dark, excluding the campfires and guards around them. Soft candlelight came from one tent, the one she was heading towards. Before the tent Lunalath stopped. Her breath was rapid for the tension and excercise. She tried to calm down and forced her heart to beat slower and slowly stepped inside the tent.
    She immediatly saw the familiar figure sitting on a wooden chair, concentrated on reading something. She couldn't help smiling widely as she saw the familiar grin on that figures handsome face. She had missed that smile for she knew more than well what it brought along with it: adventure.
    Lunalath coughed to make herself noticed. The figure lifted it's head. Paleblue eyes flashed in the candlelight looking at her with a hostile glimmer. Lunalath removed the black hood and said with a warm and soft sound:
    ''I've missed you, brother.''
    Kelevendros arised from the chaire looking at her with a wide grin on his face.
    ''Luna ---''

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  6. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius looked up as the dark elf returned to the fire and shouted to all that would listen about joining him in a quest against some Solamnians. Almost immediately a goblin screamed his wishes to join. While some mocked and cursed at the elf Darius had a small deal of repsect toward him. He had guts at the very least, and he would openly defy Verminaard. However he also despised the elf for getting away with that very thing.

Still, he desided he could better use his skills outside of big battles, and if the elf became a problem, well, accidents do happen... He stood and called to the elf, "Alright dark elf, what's the catch of aiding you in this mission?" Those who'd stuck around were suprised, Darius rarely spoke unless spoken too, especially to people he didn't know. But he didn't care, he'd rather help these twits than continue having nights like this.

(short post, but I don't got much to say)

7. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hearing my good friend Kalder say that he would accopany me rised my spirts for any adventure is always a good one when you have good allies to keep you company. Seeing many grumble away saying that I was crazy I simply smiled, I may be crazy, I thought to myself, but that crazyness will lead to my ultimate wealth and power granted to me on my return.

Quickly the thought of wealth and power evaperated as my sister Lunalaths came up behind me and surprised me by, one finding me and two by wearing the Black robes. Quickly recovering I say to my beloved little sister, "Lunalaths! How did you find me!?! Were have you been? I thought you died taking that test of magic! You didn't come out and I couldn't stay there all winter. I told you you shouldn't have gone it to take the test, it was obviously bad for your health for them to have kept you so long...or have you been learning your art sister? But never mind that, you must rest for surely you are tired. We can talk later." Quickly I dropped the many questions and got off the stool I had been standing on and offered it to my sister.

As my joy vanished it was quickly replaced by surprise and awe as I heard Darius speek for the first time without anyone directing a question to him. Closing my open mouth I respond to his simple question by saying, "The catch is were going to find an artifact in the Vale of Vipers which is supposedly a sacred place were none can enter and leave with their sanity intact. But there are reports of lost tresure, artifacts; like the one we are going to searching for, and many other gifts and dangers left behind by those who onced lived there. But if you come you get all that you can carry out of that evil place." Keeping my face nurtral I wait to see if any of those remaining would leave or if the word would spread and more would join my cause.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  8. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ((Lord Verminaard))

Sitting behind the immense desk I Watch Kelevendros Oakleaf leave my tent. That stuborn Dark Elf, I thought to myself, If I hadn't addmit him into this army he would have died like the rest of his race, who although may not be dead now will join the Knights of Solamnia who dare defy the Queen of Darkness. Oh well, he'll join them soon enough...

Yelling I say, "Jerome, I want you to find General Firebane and tell her that her presence is required here imeadeately. And make sure I don't wait long."

With that Jerome, one of Verminaard's many aids left and quickly went in search of Divada Firebane. Asking around he quickly found her and relied the message hoping that she would make all haste towards Verminaard's tent for he would be the one to pay for her being late...

(There you go White :) )

9. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    A shadowy figure wandered the darkened encampment of Verminaard’s when she heard someone yelling her name. A small smile crossed her lips followed by a smirk. Lord Verminaard had called her to his tent yet what for..? Gathering her black robes around her she walked without fear or admiration toward Verminaard’s tents. At the entrance the guards saluted her but she didn’t acknowledge it. Her eyes wandered to the mountains across the way as they pierced through the dark they searched was much deeper than the shifting shadows of dawn.

Long slender fingers traced the pole, which held up the tent, and she frowned. Pushing her thoughts away her black, silky robes fluttered about her feet as she took firm steps inside. Finally once inside she stopped in the middle where Lord Verminaard sat behind his desk waiting patiently for her. A breeze brushed past her smooth, expressionless face, a breeze that was cold and chilled, as if a white dragon had let out a slow, freezing sigh which she ignored. Instinctively she drew her robes closer around her.

She stared at Lord Verminaard waiting patiently. She knew her powers were stronger than steel but unfortunately she only had two weapons of steel and that wasn’t enough to save her if she were ever to drain herself of her powers. Therefore she had joined Lord Verminaard’s army so he could provide the steel. Giving herself a mental shake she made her face unreadable.

"You wished to see me, sir?" she said her voice cold.

10. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ((Verminaard))

"Ah yes. Have a seat General Firebane." I say as I guesture towards the empty seat directly in front of me. "I have a mission for you. Kelevendros is going on a mission that I have assigned him to. I want you to accopany him to see that he completes the task. Follow his lead and that of his second whom I have yet to figure out. But once he has accomplished the task dispose of that disrespectful Elf. Oh and if he happens to die on the way there when facing the enemy," I say as an evil grin spreads across my face, "make sure that his second finishes the job though do nothing to hinder him. Is that understood General?" I ask already knowing her reply.

"If you have any questions then ask my aid or Kelevendors himself. Dismissed." And with that I retire to my bed chambers to get much needed rest.

((There you go White))

11. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Asking Darius, Kalder, and Lunalaths, "If any of you wish to leave now then go ahead. I won't stop you. But if you choose to stay..." I say with a ever widening grin, "then you will gain glory, power, and most importantly, wealth. But before you make your descision know that we will be going against experienced fighters, harsh enviroments, and creatures that are older then even my sister and I who are among the oldest in this group. If you have any fears now would be the time to leave this quest and stay with the army." I say and wait for each of their replies.

12. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    She didn't hear Verminaard's request to sit down but her ears perked up at the mention of death. Elves were too tricky for Divada's tastes - they were always talking of higher powers guiding them. Well Divada only relied upon two things. One was her magic and the second her ambition for power. She didn't need any evils especially the dark elves helping her yet if she didn't have to get her hands bloody then she didn't care.

"Enemy of mine or not the Elf shall perish whether or it be by my hands or my spells....He shall die." replied Divada as she nodded in satisfaction. "When you've named your second in command you shall find me at my tents. Until then Sir."

She nodded her head.

(Tag Verminaard.)

13. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    "I am not afraid, Kel!" Kalder chanted out loudly and proudly, "What do you take me for? A coward" Kalder then grinned a wide grin and Kel did the same.

"Kel i will be there beside you even through the toughest enemies and the most challeging obstacles, even if it takes my life." Kel shook his head now very serious.

The others in the camp that were interested in the journey then made there replies.

14. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ranna had just come from Palanthas the day before, and was heading through the Plains of Solmania after having taken a reward from a job. She'd been walking all day, and the sun had set. She was one that required little sleep, but knew it was foolish to continue in the dark, when she suddenly saw campfires in the distance. Her eyes narrowing in annoyance, she began a loop around the camp, silently observing it.

Acutely aware of her surroundings, Ranna quickly noticed the gaurds posted around the camp, and what army it was. Satisfied by her discovery, she found a good place to camp for the night, and lowered herself to the ground, watching the now nearby gaurds and the patrols.

The army was not surprisingly a large force. Obviously heading for the High Clerist Tower and Palanthas. For a second, she thought of her loyal friend, Max, and was concerned if her honor and self-sacrificing foolishness would get her killed. But dismissed the notion for a later time. By now the camp was retiring for the night, and the noise began to quiet, if it was possible for such an army to be silent at all, but at a campfire of a man....perhaps an elf? seemed to stand out as the warrior also did when he called out to his comrades. From her distance, she could not make out his words, but it was obvious he was calling on the men he thought could partake in something that would be a challenge, a risk, and of great gain.

Next to him, a mage suddenly appeared, and that in itself cause Ranna to narrow her eyes. By the warm welcome the elf, so she had finally decided he was, she took it they were of aquaintance, and obviously well. She then discreetly looked away, wondering at the powers of mages, and settled down for the night. She didn't want to be found by a black robed mage who was wary at her for watching someone close to he/her. For the hooded robe gave little detail as to the gender, although she had a slight guess that the mage was a female. Without anymore thought then of the portals and gaurds postings, she rested her hand on her machete and curled up.

15. Jaymes

Jaymes Markham

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    "Thankyou for your support my old friend." I say to Kalder, a twisted goblin in his own sense but one of the best goblin fighters I had ever seen. He had even bested me a time or two. Grining at Kalder's remark of cowardce I see one of Verminaard's aids approach me. Grabing a note from him I read it silently.

Finishing I throw the note into the fire and curse loudly. I then say to Kalder and my sister, "General Firebane will be accompanying us on this mission. Though she is a general by the gods she wont be my second." Looking at the warriors around me I address Darius saying, "Darius, your my second in command. And make sure you keep an eye on that witch for her evil tricks. I don't want to be dying by some mysterious way just so she can take the glory and obvious power to come with accomplishing this mission."

Sighing I look towards a forested area and my elven eyes pick out the heat of a human body lying on the ground still warm. Assuming that the knights had come out and meet us on the open battle field I motion to those who were going to follow me and creep up the gently sloping hill. Bringing so few men I only wished to seek out the assumed enemies postion before sounding any alarm. Entering a grove I see a human female sleeping on the ground.

Letting out a sigh of relief and annoyance I disturb the figure and she is up in a flash. "Who are you and why are you spying on us. You obviously did a bad job to have fallen asleep on the job. The Knights must be getting desperate to send people like you." Laughing at my own joke I wait for a reply with my longsword naked, it's razor sharp egde ready if the human so much as attempted to strike out with her weapon.

16. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Darius folded his arms, unimpressed with the dark elf's speech. He spoke of the same things every leader spoke of when rallying his troops. Wealth, glory, power, what was it all worth? He didn't need these things, all he needed was the sword at his hip and the heat of battle and he'd be just fine. The goblin spoke up yet again, Darius knew right then this little one would become a problem.

After grinning at the goblin's comment the dark elf was about to continue, however a figure clad in black joined them. A high ranking officer, Firebane he believed her name was. The assassin had a deep rooted respect for the mage's especially one such as Firebane, who reeked of power. Kel then spoke again, naming Darius his second in command. Darius smiled, well that certainly cleared up a great deal of work for him now didn't it?

After telling Darius to be on guard for Firebane's tricks the dark elf grew cautious. He led them some distance to a woman who lay curled on the ground, then delivered a speech about hers, and the knights, foolishness and drew his sword. While Darius respected the approach of steel versus steel, he had a better idea. In a flash he was gone, then reappeared behind the woman with his blade at her throat. "I'd let go of that if I were you," he said below his breath, referencing her machete.

17. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Kelevendros didn't have to ask twice from Lunalath whether she was in the party or not. Silently she nod as their eyes encountered. The little goblin spoke of how he was going to be part of the mission too and how he was goin to be there beside Kel even through the toughest enemies and the most challeging obstacles, even if it takes his own life.
    The dark man Darius was also going to be part of the quest, but he seemed less excited. Lunalath looked at him tightly as if trying to find out his deepest of secrets, carefully watching out that he would not notice her looking.

Suddenly a black robed human female stepped in. Lunalath saw she was healthy and beautiful, though in her silver eyes reflected her lust for power or some other minor thing that men have tend to crave. Lunalath couldn't say for sure and she didn't want to jump to any conclusions before taking a good look at this female..
    Kelevendros read the note she had given to him and announced:
    "General Firebane will be accompanying us on this mission - -''. She was standing right next to Lunalath in all her power. She noticed Firebane looking at her from the side of her eyes. This General Firebane looked like a real battle mage and next to her Lunalath looked weak and fragile. She could also imagine how this woman must think elves as the weakest race on Krynn. Lunalath couldn't help smiling beneath her black hood for she was counting on that this female mage would underestimate her.

Suddenly Kel noticed a figure in the forest. He and the others started to sneak towards that figure. Lunalath thought she wouldn't be needed when it came to taking care of some filthy spies. Her brother was capable enough to cut peoples throats without her aid. So she allowed herself a moment of piece and went to the woods, away from the figure and others, towards the way she had arrived to the camp. She had smelled that there were some herbs she was almost running out, but she hadn't had the time to pick them up earlier. The forest was moist and the air felt sweat in her lungs.

18. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    She had gathered all of her weapons and her servant Rune who walked beside her and was quiet as death. Her double bladed staff was held in it's sheath behind her black cloak, one of the blades stuck out of the top. In the dim moon light the blade seemed to give off an eerie blue glow. Divada didn't need an invitation to join Kelevendros who at this point looked irritated that he had recieved notice of her joining him on this mission. She laughed hauntingly to herself as she glided up beside the troops.

She didn't say one word fore she knew she needed no introductions. She had heard his few uttered words but didn't comment on them. Her eyes narrowed in the darkness which she could see as clearly as day light to a woman who had once laid on the ground but now had a knife to her throat.

The woman that stood beside Kelevendros - Divada had picked her out to be a mage as well and a sniveling beginner as well. Most of these young welps thought they could handle the most powerful of spells but when it all burned down to casting it they always failed. Soon the witching light would arise into the sky and then she could cast away those that hindered her quest for power. Lord Verminaar might have been inclined to show mercy - he was a cleric who have strange values. Divada knew she could betray him but why ruin all of the fun she was having.

That girl needs to go. If she goes then Kelevandros will surely fall. Yet he has his brother in arms at his side. That Kaldar needs to be dealt with as well. No matter all of them will pay. I'll make that little mage suffer if she dares defy me.

Turning her attention to the sleeping girl with a knife to her throat - her face was impassive.
    That stupid girl there shouldn't have slept so near our encampment. She can easily be dealt with though. You'd better kill her now you stupid fool. Don't waste time to see what she has to say.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  19. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Kalder watched at a female human in black mage robes approached. General Firebane, he knew immediatly. Without saying a word she just arrogantly stared at the small group around Kel. She looked at each of them intently, one at a time, as if making mental notes on all of them. All in a flash, Kel spotted a suspected spy in the woods.

Approaching her with his blade out, Kel warned her and waited for a reply. Kalder himself wondered, did they catch this this spy, or at least so-called spy, off guard or did she have something sinister up her sleve, such as a special attack or spell.

Before he could do anything further Darius, the human of the group who Kalder had not none much about before this day made a lightning fast and very daring move. A direct attack on the woman. Very daring, for, for all he knew she was a world class mage, or a advanced swordswoman.

All in a blur the human went behind the female and put his slender blade to her throat and growled in a low voice below his breath, a voice that could hardly be heard- "I'd let go of that if I were you," most likely referencing to the machete she had clenched in her hand.

Kalder examined the woman closely. She was about 5 and a 1/2 feet roughly, having long brown hair, and being quite beautiful to what Kalder could tell, for he was- after all, a goblin.

She clenched her machete in her hand so tightly her knuckles turned white, and beads of sweat dripped down her face, with her teeth tightly clenched.

Kalder almost hoped she would make the right desicion.

20. Ranna

Ranna The Wayfarer

Call me a nomad, for I travel with the wind.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ranna was glad they had finally caught her. Yawning arrogantly, although she knew the blade at her throat could easily end that. She still gripped her machete, and spoke in a low voice, "My dear elf, can't you tell that I was so sore and weary that I had to catch a wink even though I was mere feet from the largest army on Anasalon?" Her voice dripped with sarcasm, but then she changed to a less arrogant tone, "Actually, I fell asleep waiting on you. You see, a dark army, not but a few days from the High Clerist tower, encamping a group the size never seen, slightly suspected. Not to mention, I saw that you seem to be asking for troops for a mission obviously important just by looking at who is accompanying you." At this, she nodded to Firebane. She could tell when someone held power; she wasn't just any mage.

"So, I was waiting for you to find me so I wouldn't have to waste any of the camp's gaurd. Although this was a risk considering I have a blade to my neck. I am not a spy sent by to fools of Solmania, but you might consider me a spy for myself." Ranna could not contain the smile. To show her intentions were true though, she let the machete drop to the ground. Watching the mage out of the corner of her eye, she waited for the elf in command to make his call, still smiling like she always did in situations like these.

Taking a quick glance over the group, she saw a goblin beside the elf who was an obvious comrade of the elf's. The mage seem to look at her with disdain, which was perfectly fine for the none magical fighter. Although she had respect for those skilled mages, she also had it for the one who held the blade to her throat.