RPG # 15 - Reborn

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by daraja, Sep 1, 2006.

1. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Strange enough, though through the hall walked an endless amount of spirits, the whole place was silent. Only voice that ever rang in those hall's was the voice of their ruler; Chemosh, Lord of the dead. But he wasn't there now and Svartnir felt himself quite relieved.

The god had tiesed him, persueded him for a time that felt like eternity. Chemosh made him promises if Svartnir would be willing to be His servant. Never.

Svartnir wasn't the only one in the hall who didn't move on. Most of the spirits kept on walking to another places, they didn't stay in the hall. But Svartnir couldn't leave. He was waiting for.. for something.. He nearly forgot, but then he always remembered Lunalaths face. That his beloved would bring him back. He couldn't go along with the other ones, the dead ones.
    Some of those who lingered on like he did had almost faded away from sight. They were forgetting why they stayed and didn't move on.

From time to time Svartnir managed to drag his soul, spirit, what ever was left of him, back to the world of the living. But only when Chemosh wasn't around. He had even managed to contact his brother. It was getting harder everytime though. Now he could only watch anymore. And listen.

And wait.

And hope that the Lord of the dead would stay away for a little bit longer. Just enough so that Lunalath could summon him back without trouble. Chemosh didn't give up on any soul he had in his halls. Not willingly.

2. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    After a gory fight, Dack managed to make the leader flee and thus, the party of goblins was defeated by the company of travelers. The rest of the goblins were taklen care of without much trouble, Aeleth seemed to be killing them with the same effort one throws a paper airplane, then after the fight ceased, a fell wind made Aeleth’s hair fly with a soft shudder.

“Theyre here” Aeleth said noticing the arrival of Lunalath and the other presence he felt at her house. “The presence….” He screeched his teeth and gripped the handles of his sheathed swords.

“Hey, what’s the matter, you oaf?” Asked Chris noticing an uncomfortable Aeleth.

“Look behind you” The elf answered. And then, the minotaur noticed the arrival of the black mage.

“I can’t be troubled with her” Thought Aeleth raising an eyebrow, turning around and heading for a group of large rocks where he could make more stone knives to replace those he had lost during the battle.

As nobody noticed his absence, Aeleth took the chance to take a quick stroll through the woods. “I’m running out of…” Said the elf in a low voice looking at his quiver, and soon after he spent his time looking for suitable pieces of wood;after he had gathered enough sicks, he then proceeded to straighten them and make stone arrowtips to later attach the feather halves he carried to make arrows.

Meanwhile back with the group, Chris the minotaur sat on a rock, rested his arms on the tp of his double-bladed axe and observed the ritual performed by Dyami and Luna with a grimace of disgust “Bleagh….just what I needed to see…che” He spat.

By the time the ritual was performed, Aeleth could feel a powerful binding spell being made. “So you did it after all didn’t you, Dyami” He said in a low voice as he drew the weight of his bow and hit a fruit 100 feet away; with this, the elf returned to the camp, the shadows of dusk were creeping swiftly over the world and, although they knew they were being followed by ogres, the group grew sleepy, but Aeleth was restless, there was something that would not allow him to rest and deeply troubled his mind and it wasn’t the ogres.

“What’s wrong? Everytime I cast a glance at you theres that gloomy expression on your face, not that I care but it is starting to get really annoying you know” Chris ranted.

“…..” Aeleth remained silent.

“Tche!! Answer me, you idiot!” The minotaur couldn’t stand the elf ignoring him so he threw a punch at the elf only to find that Aeleth had stoped his fist mid-air and had the tip of his blade softly pressed against Chris’ throat.

“Bastard!” Chris exclaimed

“I suggest you mind your manners, master minotaur, for you are in no position to argue” Aeleth said.

“Arrgh…just let go darnit!” The elf was now almost crushing Chris’ fist.

“Che” Faster than any eye could see, Chris was free of the elf’s grip and he blade was back in its scabbard, had not it been because of Chris’ hurting fist and extremely shallowly cut throat, the minotaur would have indeed doubted that something had happened; confused he let Aeleth be and returned to join the rest of the group, it was then that the shadow-creature returned to its master with news of an upcoming attack.

“I am indeed up to it” Thought Aeleth; he was in an extremely angered mood and some killing would be enough to let go of some steam. He drew his blades, grinded his teeth and readied for battle. The strategy was simple, Dyami, Nyla and Aelor would wait behind a group of rocks while the ogres charged at the rest and then they would close the trap, easy and it could work.

The plan held, the ogres were lured to Aeleth by Dyami, a perfect chance to practice one of his skills: all Dyami could see was first Aeleth in front of three ogres, a blink and then the three creatures sliced in half, spilling blood like a fountain while what appeared to be a soft and swift breeze passed almost unadvertedly by her side and then, as she turned around, she saw Aeleth behind her sheathing his sword.

“I wonder if there are anymore left” He asked the demoness with a grin.

The fight was done and over with in no time, the night was old and was dying into a new day, the twilights of dawn were upon them, the desert was right on ahead.

“The desert…this might be troublesome” Aeleth concealed himself within his cloak and strolled through the scorching sands, he didn’t seem to be weary in any way, not even sweating, but something strange was going on with him, from beneath his cloak, a white vapour that went straight to the ground spawned from him, it looked heavy and didn’t last long under the blazing sun, he then heard Dyiami asking what the shadow child was…”A fell creature of darkness, that’s what he is” Thought Aeleth answering Dyami’s question within his mind.

Then as the day faded and dusk crept, the temperatured dropped rapidly and, although none of them noticed, the vapour that emaned from Aeleth had vanished and when he removed his cloak, there were tiny snowflakes in the robe that he shook off, then he wrapped himself again and strolled at the rearside of the group, only to be startled by a fell voice in the air, it was calling the sands, it was summoning the powers of the desert, and then, shading the stars, veiling the skies, this storm wasn’t the weather of the world, it was an incantation.

The wind was mightily powerful and it was, or at least seemed to be, meant to make them walk in circles, Aeleth didn’t focus on the direction he was walking towards before, but rather on the origin of the voice, this way he kept walking in a straight line despite the merciless blow of the wind, under this condition, there was only one member of the group he knew he had to worry about.
    “I have to reach her, I can’t leave her like this” Aeleth fought his way against the wind towards Dyami’s presence, someone was already darting at her…it wasn’t from the group it was….the mountain bandit they had fought before, he was alive after all, then suddenly, ten orcs charged al Aeleth, they were wielding great orc spears and scimitars, he let the first one thrust at him, he dodged the blade, grabbed the shaft and with an elbow hit, he broke the orc’s skull, then, using the shaft of the spear, he fended off the attacks of the remaining orcs, managint to see through the small slit of robe he had let open for vision, three tines the spearshafts whacked and on the fourth blow, Aeleth gutted the orc with the blade of the spear, then, after dodging a swift swing of the second orc’s spearblade, he impaled the creature breaking the shaft in the process.

“Che, a broken spear” Said the elf tossing away the broken piece of wood and drawing his sword to cleave the next orc’s face breakinh through his attempt of blocking with the shaft.

“Who’s ne…” In that moment, it happened, he knew it was happening, Dyami was now turning into the dormant creature she was born within, the resulting wave of power was great enough for Aeleth to count as great, the demoness was now strong and no longer at disadvantage, but with this transformation also came the fact that her energy would be rapidly drained by holding this form for a given time.

But this time, Aeleth couldn’t go next to her, orcs were pouncing on Aeleth, impeding him from going near Dyami, they were cut assunder by Aeleth’s blade with such speed that most of them never knew what hit them, but…it was too late, for the change was done and no matter how fast he get to her, Dyami was already fighting the dragon-man, her power had grown to the point she was able to send the man away flying by mrely punching him with the flat of her palm, Aeleth was so distracted that he let his guard down and an orc hacked at him only to find in awe his blade held by the elf’s bare hand without even getting a scratch, Aeleth then simply and effortlessly hit the orc’s nose upwards killing him instantly.

On the other side of the melee was Chris, swinging his large axe like a deadly pendulum which beheaded and chopped off the limbs of whatever orcs crossed its path, Chris was having great fun with this fight….

“Aye!! Keep ‘em coming, come on!!” The minotaur laughed as he killed the beasts one by one without taking notice of for how long he had been going in circles guided only by the noise of the fight dead ahead, he didn’t care much about Dyami’s transformation, to which he shrugged, but Aeleth, having reached Dyami, saw only what he already knew was asleep underneath Dyami’s skin: an ice demon which now glanced and smirked maniacly, but in that moment, she ran out of the energy her demon had been draining and collapsed to the ground. The battle was over, but not without a price for the silver masked elf-mage was slain during the melee.

“Ever where I go death is always my only company” Aeleth thought watching the woman’s lifeless body.

The sandstorm had wavered, then faded and finally ceased but, their journey was not over yet for as soon as the night was over, they would continue with their journey.

That night Aeleth guarded Dyami closely from the rock that stood above her head, despite the fact Aelor had stuck to her like a fly to sugar and to the miscomfort of the elf, next to Aelor was the black mage.

“Who does this….individual think he is?” Thought Aeleth casting the killer gaze at Aelor who did not even notice the elf’s kill intent which was sharp enough to slice an anvil as if it was butter.

Then Dyiami, who was performing the ritual for the slain mage asked: “Why… Why did you not leave me behind while you still had the chance?”

The mage didn’t immediately answer, but he seemed to be deep into thought, but then he spoke in the elvish tounge: ''I think I sould say: because I love you,”

“How dare you, scumbag!” Aeleth’s words within his mind had taken resolve, he drew his bow tense and an arrow was aiming straight to Aelor’s heart without the mage even noticing it, but his reason was stronger than his instinct so he took the arrow from the string loosening the wooden longbow.

“Is this man indeed the one who would you choose had you the chance of doing so? Blue demon of the shadowlades? Do not worry, for I know who you are, I knew it ever since we met for the very first time” There was a change in Aeleth’s way, he wasn’t speaking to his own mind anymore, this time he decided to speak directly to the demoness’s mind.

“I really wonder if you would, but I shall not ask, for it is not proper to do such things. I only wanted to say that if that is your resolve, I shall bother you no more.” Aeleth finished then his speech.

“I really cannot blame him, if there’s anyone to blame is not this cloot, but me, if anyone should have acted when he had the chance it is me, ultimately the choice is not mine but hers, all I can do now is wait til dawn… but what if she…has made up her mind? Not that she ever showed interest anyways…in the given case she has indeed made up her mind, then I should stop thinking about this whole affair forever.” Aeleth sat again but didn’t sleep at all that night, all he did was to plan and to think what he should do about many things.

Coming back to his senses, Aeleth remembered what the whole point of this travel was: an aberration, an atrocity, there was no way in which he would allow necromancy, despite who was the practicioner, he knew that if this fell and foul craft was indeed taken into effect, he would have to be ready for the worst, and he would be, all that was left for him to do was to wait, to follow and in the end, decide. He knew the group was getting closer and closer to its destination, the black mage’s mind was yelling out loud the urge to move as fast as possible, each time closer to destination, each time closer…to utter doom.

“How much more will this caprice of you will cost? Who else has to die because of your want to bring back those whose time has ended? Do you really know nothing? Or is it that you purposedly forget things according to your convenience, Lunalath….”

Aeleth was sure his words had found their way into the black mage’s sleep, piercing like a dagger in her mind, he was sure she listened, for she did, it was only a matter of seeing how she would take it.

3. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Camp was less than tame. Dack could sense more of that slight tension he'd felt earlier between Dynami and Aelor. But he could feel an unusually high amount of emotion coming from Aeleth, the giant of an elf. It seemed to stem directly from whatever it was that was going on between Dynami and Aelor, Dack had a bad feeling about it. He knew Aeleth could keep a grip on himself through all of this, but feelings like those had a way of getting the better of a person.

He would keep an eye on Aeleth just in case. Although he wasn't sure what good it would do. Dack had fought bigger warriors before, he'd come out on top in situations that he shouldn't have many times, but he'd never fought someone who'd be in the state that Aeleth would be in if those feelings did overwhelm him. There had been several times on this journey that he'd wondered if he could beat Aeleth, without, the other, he'd always assured himself that he didn't need to worry about it, but he wasn't so sure about that anymore.

How ironic was this whole quest at this point? Their leader was the sole surviving member of a party that had originally formed to kill them, hell, at one point she'd made it clear that that was what she would do if they contested her for the artifact that had been their goal. Then Svartnir had died, and just like that she'd stopped that quest, and convinced them to go on a new one. One where she planned on bringing Svartnir back from the abyss.

Where Dack came from necromancy wasn't an uncommon thing. But only through certain means, means that arcane didn't even begin to describe, could one be reanimated with their original consciousness still in tact. He'd worked for nearly every faction in the land, save for the lot that made their armies from the dead of all the others. And now he was going to assist in allowing at least one resurrection here, in a place where raising the dead was considered beyond the foulest taboo possible.

The whole thing kind of made his head hurt. It was the first time in a long time that he'd wondered if what he was doing was right, or just motivated by selfishness. After all, despite how much he'd liked Svartnir, he was only on this new leg of the quest to get home. Home, where things were a lot simpler, and the gods typically stayed out of the happenings of mortals. He thought back to that human again, and his apparent ability to command the orcs and goblins of this place. That made him and that man eerily similar. Dack was just glad that he had never been pressured to explain his history to the others. Mostly because no one in this lot was over eager to share their history with the others.

4. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami’s thoughts were scattered as they walked… Partially cursing the heat above.. partially on the waiting creature within… Partially because of the half-elf’s words… She looked at the being who literally bared the weight of his dead comrade over his shoulder. Aelor…. Did he mean what he said? 'I think I sould say: because I love you,' ... He had changed so much from the young and innocent traveler she had first met… But… she was a monster… One would think that any attraction he felt for her would surely have washed away after seeing such a creature within her. And then there was Aeleth who had forced his mind into hers with words that were no less confusing…

‘Is this man indeed the one who would you choose had you the chance of doing so? Blue demon of the shadowlades? Do not worry, for I know who you are, I knew it ever since we met for the very first time…. I really wonder if you would, but I shall not ask, for it is not proper to do such things. I only wanted to say that if that is your resolve, I shall bother you no more.’

She honestly did not know what to make of these words… Aeleth… had been a good, silent comrade whose seldom-spoken words she had learned to trust… But this… Dyami felt the coldness stir within her as she desperately tried to make sense of it all... It fed off of her frustration, confusion, and weakness… If she did not find resolve to at least some of the issues soon… She would be taken by that frozen darkness before the sun rose the next day.

With that in mind, she steadied her resolve in that painful heat, and picked up her pace until she was shoulder-to-shoulder to Aeleth… He was using some sort of magic to keep himself cool… she could feel that as well as see it. The heat scorched her lungs with every breath, but her inner frustration was enough to push the words needed from her lips: “Aeleth… As you are able to put words into the mind.. are you able to read words from one as well?”

Aeleth looked forward, his face serious, and took a moment before he spoke. “If I concentrated, and the words were thought out loud…”

~Good~ Dyami thought. ~because at the moment... ~ She did not want to directly admit the painful effort it would take for Dyami to use her parched voice. ~It would simply be more convenient for the both of us.~ Aeleth nodded as a way of answering. Dyami too now looked forward, trying her hardest not to show how exhausted she already was. ~What was the meaning behind your words this morning? Your tone of voice was that of restrained anger; almost accusing. Do you think I did something to Aelor to make him say what he did?~

~Of course not.~ Thought Aeleth, his offence almost painful within Dyami’s mind. ~I… was just taken aback he would say such words.. considering the condition you are in…~

~You believe it may have been enough to trigger the creature to come back?~

~Yes, I - ~

~Did you not think that your words would only add to my discomfort?~ The frustration finally peaked to the point where Dyami physically flinched as a wave of coldness pierced through her in a heartbeat… It took all of her will to push the darkness back down as she breathed heavily and continued to walk as if nothing had happened.

Aeleth looked at her; It was always nearly-impossible to read his face. But for a moment, Dyami swore she saw his face soften to something closer to guilt or pity... But it was quickly replaced again by his usual calm indifference as they both walked on. ~I apologize Dyami: I spoke out-of-terms this morn. Please believe me when I say I never meant you offence of harm.~

~Then why did you say such?~

~……….~ The pause from him was such to make her wonder….What sort of thoughts were going through the elf’s ancient mind?... Finally, he answered. ~To be truly honest, I am not fully sure myself. Over the time we have worked together, you have earned my respect and my friendship… I guess… I just do not want to see you with less then you disserve…~

The comment surprised Dyami…. Aeleth… protective of her?? Was he trying to be like some sort of father-figure for her? She was a trained killer, a part-demon, and now a being doomed to become a monster. The concept that not just one, but two members of this group cared for her in such a way…. She honestly did not know what to make of it. It was both heartwarming and unsettling to Dyami. But, Aeleth’s words were enough to calm at least some of the frustration she felt.

…. ~ Thank you… and please… next time, be more mindful of the words you send…. I dislike being caught off-guard immensely.~

~Of course.~

~*~

Finally, they made it to the river… The walk was long and tedious but, to everyone’s relief, it was without event. Dyami’s body ached under the burning sun and she could feel the being within stir in irritation of it. Although her mind, body, and spirit was exhausted, Dyami’s senses were still well attuned and felt it immediately as she approached the river… Magic… dark… and seemingly ancient… it made the waters rapid and impossible to cross without some sort of raft… ~ Or I could just freeze the river and walk on by.~ No.. It’s impossible to cross… This may be a trap from the nomads of this land… although the feel of this magic did not seem to be their style….

To Aelor, how turbulent the waters were did not matter…. He found a tiny cove protected from the deep and rushing current and took the shroud of his precious package…. He laid Nyla in the water and said a few words of goodbye… Dyami watched with respectful silence and with a lowered head… Aelor had only been through tragedy after tragedy of late… Yet, it seems that he has gotten stronger and harder with every blow. Hopefully…. These mounting pains will not crush his free and innocent spirit. It was a quality in Aelor that Dyami found both irritating and inspiring… Dyami approached him in the waist deep water as Aelor let go of his elven friend to be taken by river, and rested her hand on his shoulder. In response, he laid his hand on hers, even though no words were spoken between the two…. It was not a time for such things… it was a time for mourning… Although…. Some time soon… she would have to ask Aelor about what he had confessed to her that daybreak.

After a respectful amount of time has passed, the group searched for a way to cross the river. Both Lunalath and Dyami agreed that if magic was involved, it would be very unwise to cross by swimming or even searching for a shallow area and walking.. but.. how were they to get safe passage? There was no trees left in the area… and the chances that the nomads of the land would be kind enough to build a bridge were laughable to say the least. Then, just as moon rose and camp was reluctantly set, an answer came conveniently to them in the form of a. elven ferryman…. Too conveniently for Dyami’s tastes… This was the middle of no where, and the waters were only so high due to some sort of spell… Plus.. there was something about him… that felt eerily familiar… specially when one looked into his eyes. But, his reasons were somewhat reasonable: He claimed he did not just carry people from one side of the bank to the other; he also ferried goods and people, using the river as a path for the two civilizations that existed on either side of the desert. He himself claimed he did know why the river was so high… but he assured the group that he could carry them across it with little problem….. For a ‘small’ fee of course.

The others were unsure… Especially Dyami of this elf… but they seemed to have little other option. In either case, they decided it would be best to srike out at sunrise, so as the ferryman would have the light he needed for his journey. As part of the strange new elf’s payment, the group shared their fire with him and (very reluctantly) said that he could make camp with them for the night.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  5. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    No matter how irritating it was that they couldn't cross over the river, Lunalath saw nothing she could do. The scorching heat had taken most of energy. She was just too exhausted to make a spell correctly. She needed some sleep. But before she would allow herself to sleep, she desided to see what Aelor did to Nyla's body. Sitting on a stone, she watched.
    Memories came once again to her mind, memories of her beloved Svartnir. She had been thinking of him everyday after his death. Soon we shall see again.. she whispered to herself. From somewhere far a faint voice seemed to be saying: Quisalan elevas. Words, which they had said to each others as vows. May our love be eternal.

Aelor had carried Nyla's body for a time that felt like eternity. The over flowing river wouldn't stop him from laying his friend to rest. He looked for a small cove and walked to the water. He rested Nyla's body from his shoulders, so that the water would carry her dead weight.
    He took the blankets of from her face, revealing the silver mask underneath. Removing it from the dead elf's face and tying it to his belt he whispered:
    ''You never needed to wear this mask, dear, you were so beautiful without it. I wont bring you back, Nyla, for I know you wouldn't want that... But I will see you again on the other side, oki?''
    Kissing her to the forehead he said his final farewell.
    ''Sweet dreams, little sister...''
    And like asnwering to him, the little silverbells in Nyla's hair rang for the last time.

Looking at Nyla's sinking body getting farther and farther away, Aelor felt a cold hand on his shoulder. Dyami. In response, he laid his hand on hers. Silently in his mind, Aelor thanked Dyami for the silence.
    For small moment a thought of drowning himself in the river crossed Aelor's mind. But it seemed foolish, so he oushed it away.
    Life hadn't worked out the way he had once planned.

After a respectful amount of time has passed, the group searched for a way to cross the river. Both Lunalath and Dyami agreed that if magic was involved, it would be very unwise to cross by swimming or even searching for a shallow area and walking.. but.. how were they to get safe passage? There was no trees left in the area… and the chances that the nomads of the land would be kind enough to build a bridge were laughable to say the least. Then, just as moon rose and camp was reluctantly set, an answer came conveniently to them in the form of an elven ferryman….

Lunalath felt that she was not the only one wonder what this elf was doing in here. His appearance surorised her more than an appearance of a pink orc.
    The ferryman claimed to carry suplies over the river for two civilizations. That sounded rational, the nomad tribes had recently gotten really close and any tribal war nowadays was really rare... BUt to have an elf in that job seemed weird to Luna. She remembered how the Qualinesti was forced to cross the desert to get to their cousins and rivals, the Silvanesti. She remembered the faces of the hungry, tired faces of elven child who had all become exiles from their own countries. She remembered the vows those elves had made, Never to return to the desert. She also remembered the words of the nomads that had helped the people of Qualinesti to get out from the desert. They said that next time, they would not welcome them and the only reason why they helped the elves was that they wanted them out from their territory, from their home, as quickly as possible. Nomads didn't like strangers at all...

But as she tried to see through this elf's disguise, she couldn't. She wasn't sure if she saw the image flickering or not. That would mean that this man indeed wore a disguise, but who ever casted it on him, possessed far more power than Lunalath herself.

So when nothing else was to be done, the group agreed to be helped by the elf and welcomed him to their camp to share their fire with him.
    Lunalath almost asked why this ferryman didn't take them to his home, his house. Surely the elf had to have one if he desired to survive in the desert heat all day long. The river didn't cool the air enough. And the elves pale skin told that he hadn't spent much time in the sun. But she bit her tung and grinned, there was no house this man could have taken them to, because he hadn't been here long.
    But she couldn't do anything. The ferryman was their only way to cross the river. But she would keep an eye on him, that she swore.

The evening turned to night and the wanderers fell asleep. But not Aelor. He walked by the river bank holding Nyla's silver mask in his hands. It held no magic inside, but it was his memory and he desided to hold on to it. It was better to have something than nothing at all. He sat there and watched the river flowing. He almosth felt that someone was watching, nearly herd something, like a sharp sigh, but as he looked around, he saw nothing. So he was left alone in his memories.

The wet feeling between Luna's legs woke her up in the middle of the night. She had done her bed a little further away from other, so no one saw her waking up. Fear clutched her heart as she touched the wet blanked and sniffed her fingers. Blood. Quickly she rose up and tumbled to the river. Sobbing and trembling she kneeled to the river bank and tried to wash her robe. Striking pain in her stomach made her cramp and more blood came out from her; and her child came out aswell. Silently crying she rocked her died child in her arms.
    A cold presence came to her side. Raising her head, Lunalath saw Dyami who's face seemed to be the mirror image of her own. Dyami had felt the exactly same pain as she and must have known what had happened.

With a trembling voice Luna asked:
    ''Could you perform the ritual to my child?''
    Together they rested the child in the darkness of the water.

When Luna finally was willing to get back to the camp, she tossed away her bloody robe and dug a black leather outfit from her bag. She had taken it with her incase she needed a better armor on the road. Rest of the night she sat up, not feeling tired at all. And she knew, that if this elf wasn't what he appeared to be, she would tear him apart and carve the flesh of his bones.

6. Lord_Croanan

Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Pure glee was all that Ne'Arc felt. He was so close, so close to his enemies, he could probably slit thier throats in the night. But that would never work, they were all warriors. In fact, that thought alone chilled him slightly. All of them, every one of them, was a trained fighter. It was nightime, he had finally met them as they buried one of thier own. The theif lord had been tempted to laugh at them, but the darkness in his soul advised him otherwise. The fools, he had played them like an instrument, sure there were some errors even Ne'Arc's mind had forgotten. It was rather odd to have a random elf appear this far south. But what other choice did they have? Hell, they invited him to camp with them!

Ne'Arc simply smiled at the memory and sat up for a minute and looked around the camp. In an ironic twist of fate, Dack had happened to be sleeping only a couple feet away to his left, and on his right, was a minotaur. A really big minotaur. He would have to make extra careful not to screw this up. In fact, Ne'Arc thought, he should probably make sure his little helpers were ready.

He only had to walk a mile from the sleeping camp before he arrived at a small ravine. Taking out what looked like a flute, he trilled a couple notes and waited. Ten minutes passed before a hooded figure slowly let itself down into the ravine. It had come the opposite way from the camp, so Ne'Arc knew no-one had seen it.

"Well? Is everything ready?"

The hooded figure looked at him and then nodded.

"Good good. You know the sign, you know the time, you know what to do."

Again the hooded figure nodded. The human/elf dissmissed him with a wave of his hand and walked back to the camp. But before he made it there, a seen confronted him on the river bank. He was well hidden by the reeds, so he was in no danger, but he still had a good view. There were two figures, a dark elf and.....and that cursed demon. The thief's blood boiled, and then it suddenly calmed, the elf was laying a child into the river.

An explosion of emotions rose up into the human. He felt suddenly unsure, lost, guilty, and then, beneath all these, was mirth, oh pure mirth and joy. But it was not a good kind of joy, it was a very, very, bad kind.

And that was the last Ne'Arc, formally known as Josh, the human thief of the mountians, remembered.

And for the first time, in 1000 years, Faulkorn had total control of a body. He grinned and looked up at the stars

"Oh foolish mortal, you should have realized that if you're going to use my arms, you should prepare to use all of me. Sadly now, it is the other way around."

Faulkorn looked back the two figures, they were standing on the bank, performing some kind of ritual. He cared not. Speaking to himself, he wandered back to the camp, still in his elven form.

"You will all soon learn, you should not wound what you can't kill. You lost comarades and children, you will in time lose everything, and I will continue to live, may you all burn in hell"

The next day Faulkorn/Ne'Arc waited untill everyone got up to address them.

"Alright, my boat can take you all across in two trips. After we reach the bank, I will request that I accompany you a mile into the cave. In my family it is customary to pay respects to our ancestry, and one of my own is buried near the mouth of the cave. After I am done, I will leave you to your journy."

The group's reaction was mixed, the elf guide did not care, it was not like they could nessesarily stop him, besides, his motives appeared pure as snow. They not had no reason to suspect anything.

Two trips later, they were walking to the caves. Once everyone filed in and rounded a bend in the trail, Faulkorn stopped looked back. He motioned to other side of the bank, and it silently came alive. Cloaked figures silently set down boats into the water and began crossing. The elf guide turned around and entered the cave, catching up with the group.

"Whats the best way to catch a lion? Why, trap it in a cave."

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The last night before they would enter the caves was especially uncomfortable for Dack. It wasn't that he was extra eager, although certainly he was. It was more along the line that he didn't like this new arrival, the elven ferryman. From his very arrival Dack smelled something unpleasant on him, and as he moved through the camp Dack's feelings of distaste only grew. Dack had met many people in his travels, people from all backgrounds, but there was something about this elf that was simply alien to him.

To start things off, he didn't smell like the desert. Dack had known many desert people, and all of them had that particular scent of sand and sweat that never quite went away, no matter how long they were away from the desert. He was also much too pale. Dack was fair skinned himself, but this one was too white. Dack eventually explained this away to himself that the ferryman surely hadn't been born here, and had only recently taken up residence here.

The next matter that troubled Dack was the way this elf moved. Each race had a distinct way that they tended to walk with few exceptions. Hell, Dack himself moved nothing like an elf was supposed to, heavy footsteps and all. And while this elf moved like an elf, that was just the thing. He moved too much like an elf. He almost seemed to glide over the sands as he walked, and his gestures were far too elven to be natural. Either he was an extremely elitist elf, or something was amiss. Still he didn't say anything. This ferryman was their only way across the river, and so they'd have to let him be, for now. But Dack would be sure to keep an eye on him.

8. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami sat on watch as the night air slid over her skin. Only a few hours ago she was exhausted beyond measure, but after only a few moments of being in the cool water, and Dyami was completely revitalized. That thing inside her…. It was stronger.. awake… and simply biding its time. The thought of such disgusted Dyami greatly. What would happen when that creature within decided to strike? Did Dyami have the strength of will to fight it when it came? She somehow doubted it… Hopefully… if she was lucky… there would be something that could stop that monster in the cave… Or at least break the bond between Dyami and Lunalath, so that Dyami could kill that creature without killing another. Then, she sensed movement; it was black mage going towards the river. The scent of blood hung heavily in the air. What could be wrong?

Dyami followed and watched the mage as she waded in the river… Her blood was sliding down her legs. It was at that point that Dyami knew what was happening… Lunalath was having her child. No… her body was getting rid of a tiny corpse that should have been her baby. Dyami gritted her teeth as she forced herself to watch in silence. Guilt filled her heart as she saw Luna lift the little elven shell to the moonlight. When Dyami was impaled by that blade… Lunalath was inflicted with the same injury. Their hearts had both stopped beating… and if that did not kill the child, then Dyami’s pure, frozen, demonic blood did. In the Shadowblades, it was a great sin to kill the innocent… Their souls are denied an entire lifetime’s worth knowledge, and thus suffer greatly in the afterlife. It was always difficult for Dyami with her demonic traits to feel guilt or sorrow. But at the moment.. seeing Luna rock her dead child while weeping.. she felt both.. very deeply…

Twisted Fate… what have I done…

The dark elf turned and saw Dyami as the part demon stepped forward to take whatever heartbroken and spiteful words that the dark mage would throw at her. But no.. Luna didn’t yell… there was no hatred on her face. Why? This was fully Dyami’s doing. Why did Luna not despise the assassin for this?

''Could you perform the ritual to my child?'' Said Luna as she looked up, her face still mournful. Those words were more painful then any bitterness or hatred that could have come from the mage’s mouth. But, If Luna was not going to yell, Dyami would not add stress by pushing the issue.

“Of course...” Dyami said, as she opened her scared palm once again. “Blood shed for blood lost.” Dyami whispered, and placed her palm on the infant’s chest. “Little one who’s first breath was denied and one’s heart never known to this world… May Fate bring your soul kindness and grace in the afterlife… and your may father hold you with the love you need to prosper there.” Dyami finished, and with much difficulty, Lunalath placed the baby to be carried away by the waters.

As they both walked out of the water, Dyami could feel silent tears run down her face as a torrent of emotions wreaked havoc within her once more… sorrow.. guilt.. frustration… and a deep wish for justice. But, at the same time, she felt another set of emotions as well… a deep… dark… sadistic joy. The being within had made a kill and laughed at the pain she made…. Such a monster… Wait… through this being’s black heart Dyami felt something else as well: Something had awakened in someone else… the presence of it stirred a dark fascination within… Dyami herself took this as foreshadowing of danger that is to come in the near future, and would keep mindful of it as they journeyed tomorrow.

~*~

The next day came, and with little difficulty they crossed the river on the ferryman’s raft. As well as the fee they promised, he wished to go to the caves with them. He claimed that the front was a burial ground for his people… The group honestly had little choice in the matter whether they trusted him or not… He was going the same way they were whether they were there or not. What could they say? ‘No, we do not trust you; wait here until we are gone to pay your respects to the dead.’ ….Hardly….

Soon, they had reached the cavern. Dyami felt the creature within growing in strength with each passing moment. Right before they entered the cave, Dyami could swear she sensed others stalking the group from behind… no… it must be this monster within playing tricks on her senses… But still, the assassin did all she could to keep an open mind and expected anything to happen.

Fate… lead us forward… guide my blades though the darkness.

9. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Maybe looking back would have been a good option, but Lunalath was too hypnotized by her own thoughts to even think of such things. She didn't feel need to be careful and watch over her shoulder. The cave was infront of her. The darkness inviting her in, reaching it's hand towards her and pulling her in. And she didn't resist in any way.

She led the group in, the ferryman just right behind the last man. The cane floor went downworth for a while, before it made a turn to right. A big space opened before them. In the hallway, Lunalath had used her wooden stuff to create similar black light that moon Nuitari shone to see the path before her, but in this cave she didn't need the magical light so she ordered it away. There was a small pond in the middle of the cave, and show a dim blue light. What ever burden lay on their shoulders, seemed now less heavy.

''So, where to now?'' Aelor asked, taking his place next to Luna. It seemed that they had come to dead end. Someone else said something else too. Lunalath was almost sure about it. She was almost sure that there were more people in the cave than there was supposed to be, but she wasn't paying that much attention to them.

Come come.. follow my voice.

Before even realizing, Lunalath was walking to the pond; up to her knees, up to her waist, up to her neck, all the way down down in the cold water.
    The was a door in the deepness. Lunalath grabbed it's handle and pushed slighty. The door opened gently and took her to a room that bathed in gentle light. The where tables against the wall and all tables had artifacts on them. Some shone gentle white light, some shone red. The artifacts of gods and goddessess of good and neutrality. But the corner of the room was covered in darkness. Lunalath new that no one else could see through that darkness but her, and other servants of darkness. In that corner was a table, and on that table were the artifacts of dark gods.
    Sharp pain in her hand woke her up from her hypnosis. There was no one else in the room but Lunalath alone. She look at her arm and understood that Dyami must have got a minor wound.
    Had there been someone in the cave before she had dissappeared into the pond?
    With haste she made her way back to the cave.

10. Lord_Croanan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    "Yes.....Yessss" Faulkorn was wispering under his breath. He only now had to wait for the bend in the tunnel that led into the darkness.

A flash suddenly shown to his left. Dack, right in front of Faulkorn, quickly looked to the sourse and only stared into the darkness, he slowed down a bit.

"Perfect."

Another flash appeared, Dack stopped even longer this time, starring into the darkness of the tunnel. The rest of the group was about to round the corner.

"Comrade elf, does thoust see something?" Faulkorn gave his most puzzeled expression.

"Yes, the flashes, do you not see them?"

Faulkorn shook his head. "We have time, quickly, I would like to show you one of my people's burial mounds.

Dack looked ahead as the last member of the group rounded the corner that lead into the cavern. "That would be unwise, I must follow my companians."

"Sorry elf, fate has other plans!" Faulkorn shoved Dack hard into the darkness, and down a hole. The hole led down into a small cave below, with a pool of water by the edge, and a waterfall. "I think its time you met some of the caves real inhabitents," Faulkorn shouted down from the edge of the hole. Dack drew his weapons and looked around, before a serpent suddenly burst out of the pool. Faulkorn smiled, he would be back to finish off whatever was left of the elf scum.

Faulkorn stood up and looked behind him, and soon saw his minions. He ran ahead and used a quick speed spell to catch up with the group unoticed, where the dark elf was wading into a pool of water. Faulkorn slowly edged to the rim of the room, just as a battle horn was sounded.

Elite Aurak Draconians and even more Baaz Draconians spilled into the room, screaming at the top of their lungs and brandinshing swords, spears, axes, and sheilds.

Faulkorn let out a gleeful laugh and threw off his cloak, while ripping the shapshifting stick out of his stomach. He instantly transformed into his true Bozak Draconian form, although he was at least 7 feet and far more powerful than average. Whiping out a felcrum in one hand and shield in the other, he charged the group, yelling wildly.

11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack's mind could only formulate one word as the mysterious ferryman shoved him down into the cavern. "Dammit!" he grunted as he struggled hopelessly to catch his balance. He landed hard on the ground, but he'd taken worse bumps. He was quickly back up on his feet. There was a hissing sound that came from a pool of water he could scarcely make out in the darkness. He drew his sword as the ferryman called that it was time for him to meet some of the cave's true inhabitants.

A tremendous serpent raised from the pool, above him Dack could the cries of battle, looked like he was going to have to make this quick if he didn't want to miss all the fun. The serpent began to sway as it looked Dack over, he couldn't help but smile. This was the best the ferryman could set against him? Sure it was big and nasty, but Dack would be damned if he was going to be killed by some big ugly fish.

He waited for the creature to lunge at him, then quickly side stepped and slashed at the monster's eye. The creature immediately recoiled in pain and struck again, to the same effect. Several more passes like this were made until finally Dack rammed the blade of his sword into the side of the serpent's neck. The creature pulled away, yanking Dack's sword from his hand, then writhed for a moment before stopping, dead. Dack retrieved his sword and made his way back up the side of the cavern as quickly as he could, then returned to the others.

The sounds of battle he'd heard weren't for nothing, the others were being swarmed by this world's equivalent to the Draconum dragon men. Dack cut his way through the horde of monsters as best he could, knowing that he couldn't make a stabbing attack due to the tendency of these creatures in this realm to have nasty after effects when they died. He made his way to the others who were fairly glad to see him. No words were exchanged however, as they were a little too busy fighting for their lives.

12. Lord_Croanan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Several more draconians charged ahead of Faulkorn, only to have themselves blugdened by several blades. The evil mage nodded at four very large and nasty draconians beside him, and they promptly brandished their weapons and moved through to their targets.

The first was a huge black draconian with a large battle axe. He was the biggest, and his strategy was simply to swing his ax, for there was few metals on earth that could block his blade, let alone a mortal strong enough to hold against him. The second draconian was slightly smaller, but still big. He had two tails, both of which had mace heads attached to the end. In his hands he held another mace, three maces to slay his opponents. The third draconian looked completely cut up and scared from past battles. He didn't have hands, in their place were two swords, he was very effective at slicing things apart, and from his stomach protruded a spear head, pointing outwards. Once someone had gotten him from behind, but he kept it there, to use to jab at opponents when they got close. The final draconian was the smallest, but she was the deadliest. She held a poisoned sword in one hand and poised darts in the other, and she was quick. All wore armor, and all were powerful.

These were Faulkorn's four champions, handpicked from the thirty or so draconains under his control, now that he had risen. Thier job was simply, seek out the warriors and kill them.

But Faulkorn had other plans, he saw them in front of him, in the form of an attractive dark elf named Lunalath. She was powerful like he, and she was the key to the artifact of resurrection. A shame he would have to harm such a fine specimen.

"Come to me elf, Faulkorn calls to thee, and resisting is futile."
    He moved in quickly, past the draconian clamoring to fight the enemy. The elf was fighting along side her comrades, but suddenly Faulkorn's four champions struck, causing the group to fight more for thier own survival then each other. Faulkorn seized the moment and charged forth, knocking the dark elf into the pool. She rose quicker then he expected and easily blocked his sword blade, but the dark mage simply smiled.

"You try and ressurect that what which you cannot have elf, they were weak, and cannot cross the void back, give up now!" He swung his sword again, but Lunalath parried it to the side and knocked off his shield, sending him back. He was at the edge of the pool, and she was in the center, both stared at each other, taking a quick chance to rest.

"Why do you travel with such weak fools as these? I am power! Join me, forsake them, they are dead! My minions will have them dead in a matter of time." Faulkorn moved forward slowly, smilng evilly, he approached her, his offer hanging in the air, surrounded by the chaos of battle, and death.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  13. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    They were going deeper and deeper into the caverns.. Dyami could feel the darkness within her pounding to get out… but.. she distantly felt it…Something else was wrong…

It was just the darkness within….

~Fool! What am I thinking!~ Dyami thought to herself as she walked forward. ~I am a ShadowBlade assassin! Has being away from my brethren dulled my mind to the sharpness of a wooden spoon? Whether their origins are dark or not… You have always depended on your senses. If you feel you are in danger, you act on it! Never.. NEVER second guess your instincts. It will only lead to death.~

At that point Dyami could sense the boatman’s trap as Lunalath stepped into the pool.
    She shouted a warning, but it was far too late. She was able to toss off her cloak, throw a few daggers, and pull out her rapier, long dagger, and tail dagger before the Draconians were upon them. It did not matter at this point how strongly the darkness pounded to get out; Dyami had found the assassin she had ignored since her change and was once again dancing with her blades and laying waste to the scaled monsters. What small cuts she did receive were easily ignorable as she made her way forward to try to help the others.

Dyami could sense their leader: The draconic monster, the ex ferryman, the bandit. What human that was once inside this being was no more. She looked upon him and could see her own fate… A monster… But now, Dyami knew that she would at least fight and not hold back before she would let the monster before her or the creature within crush her.

Then, he called forth four others; the strongest of his minions. One came forth to meet her and Aelor who was beside her. “Aelor, I can take him, fight the scaled ones at my back.”

“But…”

“I’m fine, now GO.”

Aelor gritted his teeth, but nodded and turned… Only to be soon approached by a battle-hardened looking draconic. Aeleth was taking on the giant of the beasts, while Chris and soon Dack were fighting the smallest, and fastest. The one that approached Dyami had two tails, a mace on each tail and a large mace within his grip.

He towered over her and sneered at her own three blades. “Three weapons against three weapons. HAH! I hate to tell you this, petty blue one, but I think mine are bigger.”

Dyami gritted her teeth in a smile as he lifted his mace and swung downward at which Dyami effectively dodged in a rollout. She knew that if she was even grazed with one of those weapons she would be as good as dead… This was even more difficult considering a part of her was still constantly fighting the darkness and ripping her away from absolute concentration. But she would not give him the satisfaction of showing her inner turmoil. “Unwise fool.” She said, after dodging yet another attack; this one from one of his tails. “All know it’s not the size of the weapon that matters….” She said, dodging again but this time rolling forward under his tails, right close to his body where he could not strike, and plunged her daggers into his throat. “… But how effectively one can move with them.”

He was choking and coughing up blood. The daggers had effectively pierced though his windpipe and at least part of his jugular. But that did not stop him from getting revenge. The two-tailed draconian shifted his mace to one hand, and with the other punched Dyami across the head, which knocked her far enough away from his body for him to effectively spin and with both mace-tails, hit her square in the chest with such a force that she flew into the stone cavern wall behind her….

She could hear the offer of the dragon leader from a far distance… ‘Why do you travel with such weak fools as these?’ She heard as the part-dragon creature towered before her crushed body… blood was spurting from the two-tail’s throat with every ragged breath, but in his adrenaline-crazed state-of-mind he did not seem to notice the fatal wound. Dyami herself was coughing up blood. She could feel that her ribs were crushed and blood was now trickling from her forehead from the two-tail’s punch. The draconian lifted his mace…. Again.. it seemed like it may be the end… ‘My minions will have them dead in a matter of time’....

-I think not-

Again, Dyami's heart pounded with ice... the being within had waited long enough and now with the assassin broken and defated, there was little opposition as the demon came forward once again. Her frozen eyes raised once more to the enemy and with a single move, plunged her hand though the draconian's wounded throat... and though the spinal coard of his neck... The creature jerked and then slowly dropped to the ground in front of her. As he did so, the creature finished her transformation: her wings sprouted and unfurled from her back, her tail elongated, sharp black claws grew at tips of her fine fingers, her teeth became pointed, and although her face was still the same shape, all could tell that it was a very different being behind her frozen eyes...

"Weak you say..." The demoness chuckled as she rose, her aura causing the pool to be covered in a layer of ice. "You shall see how weak I am when I lay all to waste at my feet.”

14. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Rising underneath the water, Lunalath saw, that the battle was already in motion. There were several draconians in the cave, no doubt helping the ''ferryman''.

The first was a huge black draconian with a large battle axe. He was the biggest, and his strategy was simply to swing his ax, for there was few metals on earth that could block his blade, let alone a mortal strong enough to hold against him. The second draconian was slightly smaller, but still big. He had two tails, both of which had mace heads attached to the end. In his hands he held another mace, three maces to slay his opponents. The third draconian looked completely cut up and scared from past battles. He didn't have hands, in their place were two swords, he was very effective at slicing things apart, and from his stomach protruded a spear head, pointing outwards. Once someone had gotten him from behind, but he kept it there, to use to jab at opponents when they got close. The final draconian was the smallest, but she was the deadliest. She held a poisoned sword in one hand and poised darts in the other, and she was quick. All wore armor, and all were powerful.
    Lunalath couldn't help feeling a bit joyful when she saw the female draconian. It seemed that they had raised the females after all.
    Originally the black priests had only made males, because draconians might become a risk if they were allowed to breed. But through some strange happenings, the female eggs were found and the females were raised. Lunalath couldn't help but to wonder whether this female was daughter of the first pack or one of the first pack. It really didn't matter.
    Unlike many other species, Lunalath had no hate towards draconians. She had worked with them and understood that they were strong and clever creatures.

Hearing the half draconian mage calling for her, Luna couldn't help but to wonder if he really spoke to her.
    He moved in quickly, past the draconian clamoring to fight the enemy. Lunalath tried to help her comrades by telling them to not to kill the creatures, but to beat them unconsious. If the one of the auraks would die, the whole cave would be filled with a huge lighting ball, killing everyone inside.
    But the fight was so intense, that everyone pretty much fought for themselves. Lunalath tried to see if she could see everyone of her comrades, they were all still standing. Just few cuts... We've gone through worse, she said to herself.
    Faulkorn seized the moment and charged forth, knocking Lunalath into the pool. She gasped for the surprise, but the water she swallowed just refreshed her. She rose quickly and blocked Faulkorns sword strike with her staff.

"You try and ressurect that what which you cannot have elf, they were weak, and cannot cross the void back, give up now!" He swung his sword again, but Lunalath parried it to the side and knocked off his shield, sending him back. He was at the edge of the pool, and she was in the center, both stared at each other, taking a quick chance to rest.

Shut your ears, love, for he speaks lies. I will come back for you!

Lunalath saw Dyami getting wounded and felt the pain in her body, but she tried to resist it. She could taste the blood in her mouth and some of it dripped from the side of her mouth. But she was too proud even to blink her eye, so she swalled the blood and bit her teeth not allowing herself to scream.
    Her opponent, kept talking...
    "Why do you travel with such weak fools as these? I am power! Join me, forsake them, they are dead! My minions will have them dead in a matter of time." Faulkorn moved forward slowly, smiling evilly, he approached her, his offer hanging in the air, surrounded by the chaos of battle, and death.

She was trying to say something, but then the transformation ended. Dyami twisted and shaked as her tieflings body turned into a full demon body. So pretty...

Dyami's eyes were frozen fire.

"Weak you say..." The demoness chuckled as she rose, her aura causing the pool to be covered in a layer of ice. "You shall see how weak I am when I lay all to waste at my feet.”

Aelor looked at Dyami with his mouth open. The draconians paid their attention now towards Dyami instead of the group.
    Suddenly he herd a chuckle from behind, a chuckle turned into almost hysterical. It was Lunalath. She rose her head, her eyes gone completely white, seeming as she was blind.
    Oh yes, this is exactly what we needed...

''Weak fools?'' Lunalath hissed and chuckled. ''The only weak fool I see in here is you, dear Faulkorn. You don't even realize why I would never accept your proposal, Dear. Why I would rather tear out your guts and eat them myself, DEAR!''

A hand rose from the water and grabbed Faulkorn from his feet, pulling the mage closer to Luna, towards the center of the pool.

The cave was full of battle noice and you needed to yell to get yourself herd, but still, when Lunalath whispered: ''I want you to die, because you killed my son'', Faulkorn had no troubles hearing her.
    ''Now you shall learn why they banished me from Qualinesti.''

15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack took turns taking swings with the female draconian. It always unnerved him a bit to see a female dragon kin, although that may have stemmed from the first ones he'd encountered being proud champions and friends of the amazons. Still this one was smaller than they usually seemed to be, granted the dragon kins back home were usually a lot bigger than the ones on Krynn, usually nicer too. Chris had been helping Dack in the start, but Dack told the minotaur to worry more about the non-elite ones that were still plentiful.

Dack parried away one of her swings, but before he could counter he had to make a sudden jerking twist to avoid catching a dart she threw with his face. The fight wasn't over, but with that action she showed him what type of fighter she was, something he should have figured out earlier, an assassin. Dack couldn't afford to lock up with her, odds were she'd have some kind of poison in her mouth to spit his way if they did. Take that and the fact that he had very little armor and this battle was not looking to be in his favor.

Dack wasn't worried though, he'd been through worse. As she flung another dart his way he managed to barely catch it, formulating a plan in his head. He made a lunge for her chest, the attack was parried, Dack received a hard kick to the chest for his effort. The kick stood him up perfectly, he was thankful for that as he flung his body backwards, delivering a powerful kick of his own to the jaw of the draconian. She staggered back, as Dack landed his hand closed around a small amount of dirt. The draconian leered at him and got bit by a very classic tactic of dirty fighting, one she should have been prepared for.

The creature hissed as she tried to wipe the dirt out of her eyes. She began to attack more desperately now, Dack stayed out of her arc, making sure she heard his moves and followed him as he guided her into attacking her comrades. As she heard the cries of her fellows she hissed louder, finally regaining her vision. She locked eyes with Dack and attempted to lunge for his throat, but something stopped her, she looked back, her sword was caught in the body of one of her allies she'd killed. She turned back again, too late, Dack had returned the dart to her with a vengeance.

She roared with rage as she pulled the weapon loose from her face. Dack wasn't stupid enough to think she wouldn't have developed an immunity to whatever poison she'd likely placed on it. However this had opened her up for him to run her through with a spear that was still being wielded by one of her draconic brothers who'd rushed Dack. Dack listened to the cries of the male warrior as he was ripped apart by the female in her last furious actions before dying.

Just as he'd finished that off he felt it. That pull in his stomach that he'd noticed when Dynami's other had awakened. He hadn't been able to hear what Luna and the leader of these draconians had been saying, but Dynami, or the one controlling her as it were, seemed to be replying to something he'd said when she said "Weak you say... You shall see how weak I am when I lay all to waste at my feet.”

Dack took a quick look around, everyone was paying attention to Dynami, he made quick work of several of the draconians around him, their numbers were getting more manageable by the second, although this left one very very big and powerful problem in the form of the groups exotic assassin. ''Weak fools?'' Lunalath hissed and chuckled. ''The only weak fool I see in here is you, dear Faulkorn. You don't even realize why I would never accept your proposal, Dear. Why I would rather tear out your guts and eat them myself, DEAR!''

Dack looked over to Luna, he remembered the oath she and Dynami had taken, it was frighteningly apparent just how deep it was now that Luna seemed possessed by a similar demon presence. The draconians went on the offensive again, many of them were dead, but they still had the numbers advantage, and now they had the demon presence of Dynami to contend with, in addition to the others.

Dack was torn as he and Chris fought back to back against the draconians that still focused on them. On the one hand Dynami was striking down any draconians in her vicinity with ease, on the other hand it really wasn't the assassin doing it at all. He remembered back in that town when his other side had taken over, Dynami and Luna were the ones that had stopped him before he'd killed too many innocents to be redeemed. Now they were both apparently under the influence of their own darknesses, and Dack was clueless as to how to help them.

As he and Chris broke from each other Dack fought his way to Aelor. He remembered the young half elf's feelings for Dynami, and his connection to Luna, in all likelihood Aelor was going to be the only choice they had of saving them from themselves.

As he and Aelor fought hard against all those fiends near them Dack called out, "Aelor, we need a way to bring Luna and Dynami back over to our side, if you don't have any ideas then I'm going to have to make some kind of plan, and you know as well as I do that's probably the last thing we want!"

Dack wasn't sure why he threw in the stupid joke there at the end. Certainly this was no time to try to lighten the mood through humor, but he guessed some habits never died. Back home Lorek had always been the one who made the dumb jokes when they could be killed. He'd been seeing a lot of the others in himself lately, and now that it looked like home was one more battle away, maybe that was appropriate...

16. Lord_Croanan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    ''I want you to die, because you killed my son'', Faulkorn had no troubles hearing her.
    ''Now you shall learn why they banished me from Qualinesti.''

Faulkorn bearly supressed a whimper that was trying to escape his throat, he was truely a mage, used to blasting mortals out of extistance from a distance, maybe he had been a little hasty charging into close combat. Lunalath regarded him for an instant more, and then snapped his neck and flung him into the middle of the pool.

All the draconians paused, looking into the body of water, and suddenly the surfaced bubbled and Faulkorn rose out until he hovered about three feet above the pool. His neck, bent at a sickening angle, snapped back into place like a clockwork toy, and Faulkorn smiled maliciously.
    "The spirit is willing but the body is weak, were I come from, we have safegaurds against such executions." He pulled out of his cloak a glowing golden bone attached to a necklace, and then stuffed it back in. The small mind of Ne'Arc, still dormant inside Faulkorn, shuddered in terror at the sight of Lunalath and Dyami, vengenace burning in thier eyes.

Faulkorn though was less impressed now that he had some space between him and his eneimes, and then, like a bolt out of a crossbow, He shoot down into the pool and into the cavern. Upon surfacing, he whipped out two items, one, a carfully whittled stick with a draconian head carved on the top, the other, a stone with paterns adorning it. The stick was the spiritual representation of his troops moral. He had spent four hours preparing it, and had saved it for this time. He needed them out of the way, and thus he snapped the stick in two. To the group out of the pool, the results were immediat, all the draconians began wailing and fleeing rapidly out of the large cave, leaving the heroes alone by the edge of the pool.

Next Faulkorn brought the stone up to his lips and muttered a few words, before throwing it to the ground. It shattered and then trembled slightly, and outside of the pool, the cave began shaking. In the next moment, the river outside seemed to leap over the bank and pour into the caverens, slowly filling up the caves and drowining any Draconian laggers. The large cave where the main group was slowly filled up, it would take a while, but it would surly drown them all at some point.

Faulkorn glanced around the cavern now, smiling evily.
    "Lets hope thier good swimmers." The small mind of Ne'Arc shuddered again.
    "Oh yes, you've been a good vessel, but you seem to get scared a little to often for my liking. Be gone" With those words, Ne'Arc's lifeless body seemed to tumble out of Faulkorns, and lay on the floor.

He knew it was only a matter of time before the others came in after him, it was the only cave that wasn't flooding, so he had to work quickly. Unfortnauntly, he had no idea how to work the ressurection device, it was never his area of expertese. He turned around as the first person swam up into the cave, and Faulkorn drew his blades, suddenly quite unsure of himself.

17. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The annoying man is still alive, I should have guessed... Lunalath said to herself as she watched the regeration of this Faulkorn.
    As the cave started to fill up with water, she walked deeper into the pond without looking back or saying anything even though every of her group mates were trying to say something. From the corner of her eye, she saw the red mage floating on water, his face down.
    A oull on her arm stopped her. Aelor stopped her and yelled at her:
    ''What are you doing Luna? We must stop this madness at once and find safety!''
    For a samll moment she just looked at him with those white eyes, but then she whispered:
    ''There is a door underneath the pond. There is safety and air. But those who don't have a god watching over them in Krynn will not have safety in there for long.. Do you have a god Aelor Blackswan?''
    With those words she dived underneath the water, barely hearing as Aelor commanded all the group members to dive into the pond and through the door.

Lunalath stepped inside the door, water dripping from her leather armor. The moment she stepped in, she looked upon the shadowy corner, where lay the artifacts of her god Nuitari, and smiled warmly.
    It was then when she noticed Faulkorn again.
    ''You have no right no disgrace this place, maggot'', she hissed, but didn't do anything hostile, just stood there. Mumbling few words, she started to glow a bit and then vanished from sight. She put on her protection spells and invisibility spell. It was such a strong spell that only Dyami or demoness had the power the see her. Those creatures saw beyond planes.
    Luna saw Faulkorn turning around, waiting for her to attack from behind or right or left, but she didn't, just passed him quietly. The rest of the group came in, Aelor as the last person. Dyami wasn't with them, it seemed she didn't take orders from the half-elf now. But Luna felt her coming closer, Dyami was diving to the cavern too.

Luna stood infront of the black altar looking at the artifacts. She grabbed one. It was a black stone staff, four feet tall, there was a white orb on top of it with a round hole in the side.
    Just what I came to look for.. She picked a blue stone from her pocket and placed it in the hole, making the weapon now full. Blue demons staff, made of the demons blood that possessed Dyami's mother. Luna started to laugh, but swallowed her breath as she herd a faint voice asking for her to save him.. Svartnir was still to be resurrected.
    But Luna's heart craved for revenge, she needed to kill Faulkorn first, or he would kill Svartnir like he killed her son.

''Blood shed for blood lost'', she said and chuckled.

18. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The cavern began to fill with water as the draconian leader scattered his troops and dove beneath the pool. Just what they needed, an angry ice demon and an abundance of water. Dack sheathed his sword, for the time being he wouldn't be needing it for now. Aelor attempted to talk some sense into Luna, to convince her to leave this place and seek shelter, Dack figured the young half elf knew she would react the way she did long before she dove to chase the draconian.

Dack really didn't like the way things were shaping up, but that really didn't matter at this point, this was his only shot at getting back home. He'd come too far to turn back now, and he had a feeling he had a better shot at not getting taken out by Dynami if he stuck with Luna, he wasn't sure why. He dove in after the dark mage, before long he emerged in the cavern where she and the draconian leader were. Luna had grabbed a new staff from the stack of artifacts, Dack could take a wild guess as to what it was.

As he got to his feet he heard Luna utter words that chilled him to his very core. ''Blood shed for blood lost'', she said and chuckled. It wasn't so much the words, but her tone, and the look in her eye that bothered him. Dack stood aside and guided the others to do the same as he watched Luna move toward the draconian, Dack readied his sword on the off chance Luna needed backup, even if it was more likely that they'd be the ones needing protection once she finished the lizard man.

19. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Soon after Dyami transformed, many of the lesser draconians swarmed her, doing what they could to keep her from their leader. The demoness smiled and grabbed her rapier once more and poured her power though it and with the swiftness and brutality of a blizzard, she danced though the hoard, falling all as she went.

The leader had been watching the chaos before him, and went into action: he jumped off his spot and pulled forth a symbol which he broke in a raised hand. The other draconians responded immediately, running away as if only now being able to feel fear… and fearing for their lives. Then, the lead threw a stone to the ground which upon breaking, water surged forth from the river and started to flood the cavern.

Dyami sneered as she saw the torrent of water come and overtake her. The others swam and called to each other, saying that there is safety within a hidden room inside the well... They signaled to Dyami who floated within the deep, gathering power from the surrounding chaos.... Fools... did they not know what she was now? The demon wanted their blood as much as any other being that would dare to cross her path. Although no one knew, she could have easily killed them as they swam away…. But something... The shadowblade mortal within... created a moment of hesitation as they left, and called for the heartless creature to aim her sights on the one that directly offended her strength and power instead.

It was more then enough to move the monster into action.

From the turbulent waters, the ice demon rose like some dark deity. The water that dripped from her body hardened in the shape of crystalline armor. She slowly raised her head and stared at the reptilian enemy. A part of her registered the seemingly lifeless mortal beside him: this was the one-time host of the draconic creature. Was that to be Dyami someday? Some petty shell of this monster? No… unlike him, she was not truly possessed. This demon was a part of who she was like instinct was part of a wolf: it was in her blood and she could not exist without it and it without her. But that mattered little right now. The demon had her eyes locked on the one that had offended her as she stood on the frozen platform she created. Her lips twisted in an amused smile; it seemed the Draconic leader had made a dreadful mistake when he flooded the cavern. Now, it had become her element and he was more or less at the demoness’ non-existent mercy. With a raise of her hand, a large snake-like pillar of ice rose from the waters and shifted around her. A flick of her wrist, and the pillar sharpened to a point and shot towards Faulkorn. The lizard sneered as he dodged the ice attack: only to get hit in the shoulder by a shard of ice which pierced with the sharpness of a dagger. It was Dyami, calling more frozen weapons from the waters. Faulkorn may be fast, but not quite fast enough to dodge a constant rain of frozen, slashing daggers flying straight for him.

The demoness chuckled at the other monster being slashed and stabbed as she watched. She did not let her guard down for a moment, though. She knew well enough that this lizard man had great magic as well; and although it would take more then fire to melt the power-infused water she created; he may be able to do a spell of some sort to fight her own… It was time to finish this before he came up with a plan that may end her life or allow his escape.

By now, there was not a spot in the cavern that was not at least ankle deep in water. With a flick of her tail the demoness willed the water around the monster’s feet to be encased with ice, and thus freezing him to the spot. Dyami flew from where she was standing and created another ice platform for herself only a few feet away from Faulkorn who was now struggling to get free. Smiling darkly, the demoness lifted her rapier and called forth the water once more to encase it, transforming the fine blade into a diamond-strong bastard sword within her hand.

“Weak, insulting creature; may you rot in eternally as I send your soul to the underworld.”

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  20. Lord_Croanan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Under normal conditions, Faulkorn would be in big trouble. He was badly outnumbered, faceing down an ice demon and an elf who was ready to rip off his head, and he had no escape route. He had also just been stabbed with several daggers and was stuck in place becouse ice had just incased his legs. On the other hand, the corner he was backed into was full of powerful magical artifacts, and he was one of the most powerful Draconian mages.

At least he had ammo.

“Weak, insulting creature; may you rot in eternally as I send your soul to the underworld.”

The mage looked up at the demon snarling. "I cheated death once fool, you and all the demons of hell could not pull me under"
    Faulkorn shot a wind balm down onto his legs, shattering the ice, he then stepped back and reached behind him, pulling off an amulet.

"Ah yes, an amplifer, how convient." The draconian sent shards of energy out from his body, aiming at the demon. She summoned some ice dragon and it quickly twisted around her, taking the attack, and then lunged for Faulkorn. The mage held up his hand and it turned black. Suddenly the ice dragon was sucked into, dissipearing, before it could bite off his head.

"Nice try you-" He never got out his retort as Lunalath hit him with her blade, sending him back several feet. He threw up his sword in time to block a secound flurry of slashes and thrusts, before he returned his own counter attack. He couldn't deal with both of these threats at once, he needed a deverision. Faulkorn quickly threw back his sword and upset an entire shelf full of magical artifacts, throwing them about the room. He stooped down to avoid Lunalath's swinging weapon and looked around the floor, grabbing a charm and stepping back up to parry her next blow.

As he had guessed, Dyami was now flying straight for him, preparing to cut him in two, while Lunalath was still attempting to gut him. Faulkorn threw out his hand and crushed the charm he was holding, which emmited a low groan. The rock walls around him shot out dust, which swirled around and contorted into a hulking shape, before revealing itself to be a large earth gollem. It instantly lumbered forward to attack Dyami, whose ice weapons merely chipped away at its earthen body.

"I gave you a chance dark elf, your attempts to summon your lover are futile, and for your folly I will slay you and find a way to banish his soul forever." Faulkorn charged forward and locked blades with Lunalith, both fighters attempted to out-push the other. The draconian was a mage, and therefor not as strong as most fighters, but then again, he didn't have to rely on weapons. A large shadowy figure rose up from behind the dark elf, and raised a large mace to crush her skull. But before it could, a turrent of ice blasted it to pieces, and another wave of ice hit Faulkorn. He lay on the floor panting, and looked around. The demon had forzen his gollem and then shattered it into a million pieces, while the others in the group looked on, their gazes unforgiving and hard.

"I will kill you all, each and every one of you!" Faulkorn spat. "None can stand before-"
    Lunalath stepped forward and drove her blade into the mages chest, stopping his rant short.

Ne'Arc looked around at his surroundings, wondering were he was. Mist rolled around him, and he was on a path. Others were slowly walking past him, towards some destination.

I'm dead.....how odd.... Ne'Arc slowly walked up the path, falling in step with the others, he had a feeling of aprehension and fear, and curiosity.

Suddenly the world around faded slightly, and a bright light was growing.

"So sorry to disturb you, but if I was to survive I needed to revive your body a bit, including your soul. But not to worry, I'll send you on your way as soon as I take control."
    A lizard man was standing in front of Ne'Arc, his figure blurred and misty. Ne'Arc recognized him as his hate and anger, the thing that had been inside his soul for a very long time.

"Honestly, I cheated death once, did they think that I, Faulkorn, could honestly be killed? I was in the services of a Necromancer for at least 10 years, I learned a thing or to about the afterlife."

Ah, he wants my body, Ne'Arc slowly realized. The draconian was still rambling, and making odd guestures with his hands. The world was slowly coming back into focus, in all its misty forboding. The thing was taking his body once and for all. Well I don't want to stay here Ne'Arc decided. He stepped off the path and grabbed the thing by the neck.

"What are you doing?!" Faulkorn gasped.

Ne'Arc grimiced. "You of all people should know, that if you want to use some of the body, you must use all of it, soul included. Faulkorn was growing into the gray misty form of the dead, while Ne'Arc was becoming brighter.
    "I've enjoyed our time together" Ne'Arc said "But now its time we parted our ways"
    Faulkron barely let out a cry of anger as the world faded from view, and Ne'Arc awoke on the floor of some cavern, water seeping around him head. He was in a large chamber, a cave of some sort. Ne'Arc got up, and started swiming out. It was nice to be back, but Ne'Arc needed to get back to his mountains, where he could steal without fear of retribution.