RPG # 15 - Reborn

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by daraja, Sep 1, 2006.

1. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The night cam quickly in the mountains, they all wished it would have taken a lot more time. The sunset in the mountains was absolutely breath taking...
    The group set up a camp in a safe place hidden from watching eyes. They all knew that the ogres were after them so they made preparations for the upcoming battle. Lunalath hid them with an invisibility spell, but she warned the others that once they started acting in a hostile way, the spell would go off. Lunalath also asked Morten to shapeshift himself into a raven and fly around the area to see from where the ogres where coming from..

In half an hour, Morten returned with a word that dozen ogres were quite close to their camp, they apparently had a shaman who could follow their tracks with spells. Luna hoped that the shaman could not dispell her spells..
    The ogres were going to come though a field of big stones; a perfect place for an ambush. Their assassin skilled warriors - Dyami, Nyla and Aelor - were placed on those stones. Once the ogres went past them, the three warriors jumped on the backs of three last ogres and slit their throats, killing the creatures immediatly. Before the creature infront of the dead ones had even turned around, the three were already attacking them and the running away from them. All three leading the creatures to different directions in the stone labyrinth. The ones that followed Aelor were taken into the hands of Lunalath and Denathdar, and the creatures were quickly killed by the deadly spell of the mages. Dyami led two creatures into hands of Aeleth and the two warriors quickly killed the ogres. The rest followed Nyla, who had assistance from Dack and Chris.
    Within less than an hour, the whole ogre group was slayed and Morten said that that he hadn't seen any other ogres in the area. Lunalath said that most of the ogres had propably turned back to their home town already day ago and only small groups had been sent to follow them.

Once the next day dawned, they packed their stuff and continued their way. Before the sun had set down again, the group reached the borders of the huge desert.

2. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    After the ogres were disposed of nothing more would pursue them, so said the little person who seemed to appear by Luna's will. Dack hadn't caught his name, but he wasn't particularly concerned. He was more curious as to something else Luna had mentioned earlier. About Nuitari, he god, being worried about something. From Dack's understanding the gods of Krynn had had to deal with a lot more problems from their lesser races than those back home, but none the less, he still didn't think that gods were supposed to worry.

He pushed the thought aside as they got moving the next day. They were headed to yet another desert. How he loved the desert, the others may not have liked it much, but for someone who'd grown up just north of the great desert back home, it was like a breath of fresh air. He'd been well known among the desert people, though, like most, he never saw their wonderous cities, he'd seen a good amount of their culture none the less.

However, Dack did have a bad feeling about what they'd find there. The desert back home was filled with some solitary predators, but meeting with them was an infrequent enough occurrence that most thought nothing of them when preparing for a quest, Krynn was different however, it seemed to Dack that one couldn't go more than a few miles without running into some kind of bizarre threat in this land...

3. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ''I can't tell you about our discussions, but this I can tell you. Something is happening, something big. I can feel it when I'm in contact with my lord Nuitari. He is restless...
    For two hundred years that I have know Him, Nuitari has never been worried.''

Dyami did not like the sounds of that comment. True, she had associated herself very little with the Gods as she believed they would all most likely spurn her for what she is and her odd set of values. But even then, what could be happening that would make a God nervous worried? Especially a God of darkness where even mass chaos and sorrow would more likely be a good thing….. Maybe it was something of great light? Or was this something that made all Gods worry? If so, there was little a band of mortals like themselves could do…. If it was the end of all, then Dyami could only pray to Fate that it comes while she sleeps.

Night came soon enough, and Lulalath sent her little... creature… to scout the area for ogres. Soon enough, the shape shifter came back and reported there was a group that was alarmingly close to their position. Luckily, thanks to this new-found knowledge, and a bit of teamwork, it was more then easy to be rid of those followers and as it seemed, the only scout party that was after Dyami’s little group… But there was one thing that was still bothering her. “Lunalath, who and what is this little dark being here? Would you mind introducing me to him?” she said, looking at the shifter who has now taken the shape of a black-eyed elven child.

Soon after their interesting discussion, night has come, and as Dyami could feel this would be the last time they would be in the calming-cold temperatures of the mountains. Tomorrow, they would reach the desert…. Something Dyami was not looking forward to, to say the least. She spent a large portion of the night in meditation for the change in climate… Again, it was a weakness she has not brought up as of yet: Although Dyami would withstand extreme coldness without even a second thought, the heat could easily take her life in a dry gust of wind. As she lived on an island that was known for both extremes, she had trained herself physically and mentally to withstand the heat for much longer then she used to… But, out of the entire group, there was a very good chance she would be the first to collapse.

Or... would she? Lunalath had Dyami’s blood running through her body…. Tomorrow may bring a lot of pain to her as well…..

As it was, night left, day came, and now, the desert was open before them… Lunalath walked first, and silently, everyone else followed in single file.

Fate…. Please… give me the strength to hide my pain.

4. Lord_Croanan

Lord_Croanan King and Conquerer

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    "Well, that is quite interesting....what did you say your name was young man?" Ne'Arc smiled evily and answered back to the old woman. "Jonan, I'm from the far north and figured you could help me with my injury." The old woman continued feeling around his stumb and sewing in the new dragon arm. She was blind and was oblivious to the dead bodies surrounding her and Ne'Arc. The theif had expirienced some trouble trying to get in, but it only went as far as elite gaurds blocking his path, no mages yet.

"Well, your wound is grave, but nothing I can't sew back on, I may be blind, but my fingers are nimble and can fix anything just as easily as someone with sight." Ne'Arc waited several more minutes untill the woman was done, and then stood up, flexing his new arm. He was now even less human, and he would make those responsible pay dearly. Those were the last thoughts Ne'Arc had before the fireball struck, sending him flying into the wall and knocking him unconsonsious.

"Wake up my vessel"

"I do not want to"

You who have claimed the name Ne'Arc, it is your time to rise and defeat those who persucute you"

"Who are you, and why are you talking to me"

"I am your hate Ne'Arc, I have grown in you and become powerful, you have lost a limb becouse of your lack of anger, now let me take full control"

Ne'Arc slowly stirred but kept his eyes closed. He did not realize it, but it was not simply hate stirring in him, it was something much deaper and darker, something that was slowly manifesting itself in his soul, but he was angry still, and so he let it take control.

The mages surrounding the table looked closely at the soldier they had chained there, murmining quitly.

"Well Femus? Who is he?" A richly adorned mage came in from the far door.

"He is a rengade soldier who deserted years ago, slaying several aprintices in the proccess, I highly advise torture then excution."

Ne'Arc, chained to the table, opened his eyes. "And I advise making sure you have made right with the gods." Ripping off the chaines binding him, Ne'Arc grabbed a staff from a stunned mage and began battle, striking and slaying as the rage inside him took total control.

The desert streched before the theif lord, the sun shining brightly off the sand. Ne'Arc flexed his two dragon arms, and then started off, his body slowly dissipearing into the sunset, with several orcs following.

5. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    The scorching heat shone down onto the group as they sat on the hot sand. Denathdar huffed in exhaustion and reached for his water drinking skin. Just as he was about to take a swig he looked and saw Dack's dissaproving gaze. Denathdar set the skin back into his pack knowing they were on strict rations now. But oh how he wanted water, to just wet his parched tongue and return his senses to normal. The heat was murderous and sweat was running down Denathdar's face and across his long nose dripping slowly onto the sand below only to quickly be evaporated again by the sun.

Denathdar decided he had had enough and reached into his bag, producing a rather odd object. He unfolded it to which it became a large straw sunhat which he placed on his head. Effectively shutting off most of the sunlight but making him look a bit funny in the process. Some of the other group tried to hide a smile at his expense but he didn't notice. He just grabbed out a book and began reading. To which he became engrossed in its contents.

Soon it was getting dark again and Dyami nudged the thin mage out of his slumber. He had fallen asleep in the pages of the book with his nose poking over the edges. He awoke with a startled expression but then realised what was happening. Packing his things back into his bag he slung it over his shoulder and followed the group as they began their march for the night.

It was going to be a long trip.

6. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The small shadow child looked at Dyami, but didn't say anything. Lunalath sighed and said that his name was Morten. She also said that he was a bit shy and didn't like new people that much, but she kept her voice down so the little shadow wouldn't hear. When Dyami asked What exactly was Morten, Luna just shrugged her shoulders and asnwered:
    ''I made him. That is all I know, it was a spell that went wrong. It happened years ago.. I couldn't remember anything after the spell, nothing that had happened. But there was Morten, calling me a mother..''

The first day in the desert was exhausting for all of them. Lunalath adviced them to cover their skin to avoid sun burns.. She said that they would only travel this one time by day, because they had to get far away from the mountains.. From that on they would travel by night, because the air would be cooler during the night. They would propably even have to add more clothes instead of taking them off.
    She told them that during the War of Souls, all elves of Qualinesti had travelled through this very same desert during the daytime. Many had died before they understood that they should travel by night. Luna said that she was with them then, in disguise. It had happened about two or three years earlier. Now all the elves of Qualinesti lived as exiles like she did..
    Aelor listened to her story carefully, though the heat made his head spin. He was suprised by the fact that no joy or bitterness was heard in Lunalaths voice when she spoke of her people. Only sorrow.. Maybe she craved to gt back home? he thought.

The night was as cold as the day was hot. They didn't rest long once the night had fallen. They kept on walking, nothing but endless desert before them. Behind them, surrounding them. Lunalath used stars as a guide so that they wouldn't get lost in the desert or walk in circles.

Lunalath hoped that they would find some nomads along the way. And she hoped that they would be friendly. They had helped the Qualinesti elves during their travel, but she couldn't be absolutely sure that they would help this small group too. After all, they helped the Qualinesti only because they wanted the elves out of their home. So she was afraid that they might have entered hostle territory. And the nomads knew of their presence. From their first steps on the desert soil, they had known...

7. Lord_Croanan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    The orc's head flew several feet away and soon the rest of the body tumbled down the dune after it.

"Any other scum want to complain to me about thrist?" Ne'Arc snarled at them. He was tired, sore, and thirsty, and now the few orcs that had followed him were complaining. He had never quite figured out why he was able to command these creatures, it was almost a gift. All he had to do was start ordering them around and they flocked to him. Well, handy when he wanted to do some mountian raiding, not handy when he was in the desert.

"M'lord, what exactly are you planning to do when we catch up with them?" The orc called Scotta asked. Ne'Arc had appointed him the head orc of his small warband, he was humble enough to take orders and bruttish enough to do anything the Theif Lord asked.

"Easy, kill them all, like I should have done last time." Ne'Arc knew he was being stubborn, he didn't want to come up with a plan, he just wanted to charge down some slope and start lopping off heads. Of course last time he tried that he had his arm hacked off.

"Ne'Arc, you know that won't work."

"By the gods, can you not leave me alone for one moment's peace?"

"I am you and you are me Ne'Arc, except your darkness, and listen to my council"

"What is it that my heart suggests?"

"Look yonder, nomads, go to them and let me take hold"

"What would nomad-"

Ne'Arc's body suddenly started moving, and his heart skipped a beat. Maybe he wasn't the master of his body that he thought he was. And just maybe this inner darkness was something more than just his hate.

The nomands numbered a dozen, all riding some sort of desert beast of burden. Ne'Arc approached them and began talking.

"Heel fouth'nemone" Ne'Arc was begining to worry, he didnt know any desert tongues, how had he just spoken? The nomad leader rode forward and spoke.

"You, man of the north, you bring orcs and evil with you, leave our lands."

"No," Ne'Arc's voice had taken a harsher tone, "You will follow me, and do what I ask of you"

The nomads laughed, and the leader smiled beneath his cloak while raising his spear. "Are you challenging me oh pale man?"

The half human smiled in return. "Yes, challange starts now" He lept forward and tackled the man to the ground, before producing a knife from his cloak and driving it into the leader's body.

"Anybody else want to challange my orders?"

The nomads had riddden with Ne'Arc all night, with the orcs following a distance behind of foot. They were still against traveling with orcs, but they had no wish to anger this demon of a man that had entered thier lands.

Finally they came up on the top of a dune that looked over a large expance of sand. The new leader's heart raced, he could see the group traveling in the distance, he would have his revenge.

"Yes you will, but not in your senseless way of charging, oh mortal. Talk to the nomad riding with you who had the feathered necklace, ask him to bring Koh Mon'nashee on them"

Ne'Arc turned in his saddle to face the nomads behind him, and soon he spotted out the man with the feathered neckless.

"You! Nomad and servant, see those people ahead? They are my eneimes, bring upon them Koh Mon'nashee!"

The beasts the were riding whinied and the nomads all began talking at once, but the nomad Ne'Arc had addressed held up his hand, quieting the others.

"On what authority do you call me to use such forces oh mysterious killer of the north? Are you so great that you can order me to unleash things forbbidden to the lesser tribes of desert wanders?"

Ne'Arc suddenly felt cold, so very cold, and it wasnt the night. His voice rose out of his chest with the dark flow he was had heard before.

"On my own authority son of the desert, I have counted the grains of sand and seen the dunes of time, and now you will call forth for me that which I have asked mortal! See my enemies? As the night ends thier blood will flow, and I will be apeased!"

The nomad magic user didnt speak for several minutes, and then dismounted. Gathering many things out of his cloak, he laid them on the ground and began chanting, piecing various charms and stones together in an odd pattern. By now the orcs had caught up with the riders, and stood at a distance, weapons at the ready. They sense battle ahead.

At first nothing happened, the wind mearly tickled at Ne'Arc's hair. And then suddenly a low drone was heard, and the wind picked up. On the horizen a wall of blackness appeared, and rapidly began moving towards the group of travelers ahead.

"Oh great evil one!" The nomad cried, "I bring you Koh Mon'nashee!" The sand storm was great and powerful, ripping scrubs from the ground and blowing away everyting in its path.

"To battle my servants! To bloodshed and vegeance!" The nomads raised spears and scimitars and road downt the dune, charging the travelers, whith the orcs following on foot.

"Council within my soul, these travelers have survived battle and hardships before, they may survive this great sand storm that has come to seperate them!"

"Yes Ne'Arc, the sand storm is great, yet they will survive, but I can assure you of one thing my mortal servant, they will not survive You"

The warband charged behind the wall of sand, onwards to death and battle.

8. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The screaming wind didn't sound good, Aelor knew it once he heard it. It smelled strange, it had a scent like a living creature, but he wasn't sure it was one.. but it surely wasn't anything...natural. Unnatural. Oh how he hated the word and all beings that could be placed under that category.
    He poked Nyla between the ribs, which made her giggle, and asked if she senced anything strange. For a moment they both stopped, Nyla quietly listening the wind and Aelor waiting for her responce.
    ''Something is coming'', she said and they ran after their group.

No one stopped walking while they had their conversation about what Aelor and Nyla had senced coming. Other had felt it too.
    ''What are we supposed to do; Find cover? Look around, there is nothing here, not even hills, nothing but waste land. The nearest rivers are miles and miles away'', Lunalath said and waived her hand.
    ''But there must be something we can do?'' Aelor insisted.
    ''Well, I have few extra spells in my backpocket should somthing suprising happen, if you know what I mean?''
    Dyami looked at Lunalath suspiciusly and the black mage laughed and continued:
    ''I don't mean I will teleport myself into some safe haven and leave you people here to rot, haha, no no.. I can make a force shield, big enough to protect us all. I thought that might come handy.''

All they could do at the moment, was to carry on walking.
    It didn't take long 'till the huge sandstorm hit them.

9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    As soon as the sand storm hit Dack did exactly as they had so often back home. He dropped to one knee, the winds were powerful, but this would make him harder to move. He took what was left of his pack, empty as usual, and adjusted it to work as a covering for his head and face. Upon finishing this Dack was flung into the air, but not through any force of the wind, he was thrown.

Upon landing Dack scrambled back to a crouch and put his hand on his sword, he didn't know if the others could hear him, but he called out anyway, "We are not alone within this storm!" His senses now reached out around him, his eyes were closed, made worthless by the state of things, he would have to rely on his other senses and instinct here. Unfortunately, for all the time he'd spent in the deserts he'd only fought in one sand storm before.

Despite this, there was one very familiar aura in the air, Dack was doubtful at first, but another, less threatening being soon engaged him, by the way it moved Dack could tell it had never felt these conditions before. Dack managed to grapple it to the ground and cut it's throat with little difficulty, only to find it's skin very orc like. This removed all doubt, that bandit from not long ago had found them again, and the elf had a feeling he was more connected to this storm than he would like.

10. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    The desert… Dyami was not looking forward to this…. Before they set out into the wasteland, the group took a moment to enjoy the scarce vegetation that now surrounded them… Dyami herself meditated… Her body… Her demonic blood.. With it, she could withstand extreme colds… But the heat… Her once-time home was filled with very extreme weather.. both hot and cold.. She had learned how to will herself to endure the brutal heat of a normal summer day… But when it came to temperatures as hot as a desert… She was always the first to fall.. And she cringed as she knew that this time would be no different… This would be a long.. long.. and painful test…

Soon, they all walked off… The sun.. The dry.. blazing sun.. Even with a body that produced no heat and hiding under a sand-coloured cloak, the sun scorched her, and turned her blood to steam…. Yet, through all this pain, Dyami did all she could to not let the others know… She kept her posture straight, and her eyes ahead.. the only sign of the suffering she was truly going through, was the amount of sweat that dripped off her face.

Although reeling.. Dyami as still alert, her senses still sharp (probably adding more to her suffering then becoming a blessing).. A storm was coming.. she could feel it coming for almost a half an hour.. but.. she couldn’t do anything. There was nowhere to run.. and Dyami’s vocal cords were already locked with dryness.. Even if she wanted to.. there was no way for her to speak… It was all she could do to walk forward…

Then.. in a screaming force like no other.. It hit.. Dyami could do nothing to defend herself against the sands that threatened to rub her skin clear off her body, but to drop to her face, cover herself in her sand-coloured cloak.. and wait it out.. She was exhausted.. So exhausted.. Even though there was wind, and the sun was blotted out from the sand.. the heat was still there.. still cooking her.. still killing her… There were others out there as well.. Others with ill intention.. And.. she was helpless.. at this moment.. she was absolutely helpless.. She would be lucky, if Dyami did not lose consciousness before the storm ended.

Fate.. do not let them see me… not in this weakened state.. Please.. do not let it end like this..

11. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The wind threw Nyla off her feet, making her stumble further away from the group. Wind screamed in her ears so that she couldn't hear a thing. But she did see Aelor coming her way, though the flying sand made him look like a shadowy figure. Aelor stopped suddenly dozens of feet from her as if there was something between them; he banged it several times with his fists making it flicker, screaming something that Nyla could not hear..
    She thought she saw him crying.

Coldness took suddenly over Nyla's body, which was funny indeed since it had been so hot all day. The sounds went all blurry first, then disappeared, which was indeed funny 'cause the wind was still blowing. Nyla's silver mask fell off her face to the ground, she watched it fall. What was the funniest of all things, was that it was just then when she realized that there was an arrow coming out of her chest. It was then when she realized that it was an ambush and that she was the first victim.
    ''Nomads are att..'' she mumbled before falling to the ground.

''Nyla isn't within the circle!'' Aelor screamed at Luna. The black mage had also been watching Nyla's fall. But unlike Aelor, she understood that there was no way to get her inside the magical circle that she had enchanted to protect them from the storm after the spell was complete - if Nyla was even alive anymore. It seemed that the circle would also protect them from the attacking nomads, for now. She didn't know how long it would last before the spell would go off and the would be on the mercy of the storm again. And no one was really ok, everyone had sand in their lungs so that they couldn't stop couching, it was even in their bloody ears! All they could was try to gather their force and prepare for the coming battle...

Aelor was still staring at Lunalath and pressing a fold of her gown. His dirty cheeks were striped with tears. He begin to understand that his dear friend had died, just like that. He stumbled backwards, chaking his head in misbelief. She laughed, just a moment ago.. We were supposed to, supposed to do something..something, no not real. This can't be happening. Lunalath then slapped him in the face and chaked him roughly telling him not to panic, that Nyla would have died in vain if he just run around in panic when the battle was about to begin. He then understood that he would have to fight, he couldn't go to that state he had been after Svartnir's death. Nyla wouldn't want that..

So instead Aelor wiped his tears and went to help Dyami who had been weakened by the heat. He saw her trying to act like nothing was wrong, but he could see her feet trembling like she could not stand a second nomore.
    He went to stand next to Dyami and said:
    ''Would you mind giving me a hand, I feel a bit weak?''
    Dyami looked at him at first with wonder - she could barely stand herself. But then Dyami understood that Aelor was actually giving her support, he had just tried to cover up her weakness. He had understood how shamefull weakness must seem to her and was now trying to help her.

''The shield is giving in'', Lunalath announced.

12. Lord_Croanan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Ne'Arc howled with blood lust as he and his mount plunged through the storm, hunting out enimes to slay. His orcs staggered along, swiping blindly with thier axes and swords, attempting to hit something in their blinded state. He did not care for those lesser creatures, the nomads were sufficiant enough. Several of them were already loosing arrows into the storm, many years of desert training coming to the surface, will the rest whipped out wickedly curved swords and hunted for enimies like Ne'Arc. The thief lord had never been real attuned to magic before, even in the services of a mages guild he had trouble detecting its unearthly cackle in the air. Yet something was telling him deep inside that there was a presence in the storm that was distinctly sheild-like, and the hunter did not like his prey shielded.

Out of nowhere a javelin came and went through Ne'Arc's leg, killing his beast but also pinning him to it. Falling over with it, Ne'Arc struggled in pain to free his leg from the spear, while the desert winds hollowed around him. Slowly through the storm, a cloaked figure emerged, one of the nomads, another javelin in his left hand and a scimitar in his right.

"Foolish man, look what you have done, I shall slit your throat!" The leader yelled at the nomad. The nomad simply hefted his spear, preparing to throw it. With a cry of pain, Ne'Arc ripped his leg from the mount and stumbled up, while raising his sword in front of him. "Traiterous idiot, you will die."

"No pale man, you shall die, you come into our lands, kill my brother and take over our group, forcing our grandfather to cast magic which you have no right to even think about. I will make you pay dearly, and you will soon burn in the afterlife!"

A deep and dangerous voice spoke inside Ne'Arc's head. "This mortal knows nothing about the afterlife," And suddenly Ne'Arc forgot his bleeding leg, instead charging with a speed unatural to a man. Before the nomad knew it, his spear had been thrown from his grasp, and only reflexs had brought up his sword in time to block Ne'Arc's. They clashed swords and circled each other, each one swinging and cutting, trying to find a weak spot. Suddenly one of Ne'Arcs reptailian arms spasmed, sending his sword unexpectedly into the nomand's chest. The man fell to the ground, dead. Ne'Arc simply shrugged and began looking througout the storm, he could see one of his orcs running about swining a club, but in front of him, he saw something that peaked his interest.

Ne'Arc limped over and saw in front of him a figure lying on the ground, still alive, and distinctly enemy looking. Distinctly demonic looking. Dyami didnt realize Ne'Arc was now rapidly approaching, sword raised and eyes gleaming. He would have his revenge, first with this demon, than the rest of the group, then with the elf.

13. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Now there was no doubt that the bandit from the mountains was somehow still alive, and unfortunately he was also within this storm. Dack stumbled through the sand, he could feel the crackle of magic in the air to know Luna was doing something, but he was too far removed from the others to know what, not to mention his makeshift mask blinded him. It was a price he'd have to pay in order to keep his breathing clean. Dack decided on what his coarse of action would have to be.

He needed to find the human, he was the only one who had fought that man before, and as far as he was aware the only one who'd ever learned the tricks of desert combat. Dack crouched once again, using every sense he could to try to detect the human's aura. The bandit was very near his fellows, but Dack couldn't do anything about that yet, he had much closer problems to deal with.

Two orcs were lumbering around nearby, pitiful brutes, they'd clearly never worked in a place like this before, they had no concept of making their steps careful. Dack lowered himself more, burying himself slightly in the sand, below the creature's arcs of attack. When they passed Dack emerged, as much effort as he had to put forth they didn't notice him as he moved forward and cut them both down. This wasn't the most of his worries though, the bandit had brought much more potent allies.

Dack barely realized the presence of the desert nomad in time to avoid a killing strike. As a result he received a cut across his arm. He couldn't let that bother him though, he drove his sword toward the nomad warrior, who predictably rolled back to evade being impaled. Dack wondered about the others as he pulled his pack from his head, needing what little help his eyes could offer to survive the encounter with the desert native.

The two traded back and forth for several minutes until finally Dack was able to close in with the nomad for a grapple. Nomads had wiry strength for sure, but their way of life demanded the exchange of pure power for speed and agility. Once Dack was able to grab a hold of the nomad he was in full control, moving the nomad to his will until finally he was able to put his sword through the man. Dack didn't have time to celebrate though. He through his pack back over his head and felt for the aura of anyone he knew, then began moving in their direction.

14. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami had become so weak…. She could do nothing but lie there, and sense the ensuing battle all around…. Nyla had fallen.. her life energy was already nearly gone…

Dack, was battling on the sands.. Then, Dyami felt Lunalath’s magic as the mage created a barrier giving Dyami a momentary reprieve from the searing sands against her skin… She tried her best to hide her weakness.. trying to stand… her arms.. her entire body… was shaking in its weakness.. How pathetic… Then, a figure came to her within the barrier. ''Would you mind giving me a hand? I feel a bit weak.'' Said Aelor, reaching out a hand. Dyami understood immediately…. And a part of her was a surprised… For one, she could see the pain on his face as he looked down upon her…. To him, Nyla was already dead and inside he had already started to mourn. But on the outside, he was staying strong… For his brother… For her… A small tear slipped down her cheek at such an act of kindness, and she reached out a shaky hand towards the part-elf… to her dear friend…

''The shield is giving in'' Lunalath shouted as Dyami partially stood to hold onto Aelor for balance… She reached out to grab him… their hands touched… And just like that, the sandy winds were back in all its fury, knocking Dyami full force against her chest. Not only throwing her backward, but shoving her light body about ten feet away from her friend..

Again, into the wind and choking, burning sand… A figure appears again from the storm… But, to Dyami’s horror, this is no friend…. That bandit.. the one who fell pray to the cliffs and to Dack’s blade…. It seems his need for vengeance was one that was stronger then even death’s grip. Dyami could barely move; but with every inch of her will on the task, she was able to pull forth her rapier and stand. But…. even before he moved, she knew her efforts would not be enough. He swung his blade…. She evaded… her feet so unsteady… her lungs full of sand… her skin searing as she stood… in desperation, she lunged forward with her rapier…. He stepped aside… her small blade barely nicking his arm… she turned… Facing him……… Only to have his blade run right through her gut…

~Lub-Dub~

Her eyes went wide with shock as Dyami coughed up blood… Somewhere not too far away… she could feel Luna clutching her own body, gasping for air as a mortal wound appeared out of no where on her body.

~Lub - dub~

She looked up into the eyes of the enemy… Even fading, Dyami’s mind thought critically on her situation….. the options she had…. The duties she swore she would not fail…. The friends she swore to protect…

~lub…...dub~

She lurched forward in weakness… She did not fear death… but.. the others… her comrades…
    And… Something…. Something that had been locked away since birth… A frozen darkness, deep inside…… started to stir.

~lub………………….~

One final breath caught in Dyami’s throat, followed by a soft, quiet sigh. The bandit lifted his claw, ready to swipe off her head in spite...
    But within Dyami… the barriers which had had held on for so long…. Were broken.

~…..no…..~

As his claw came down, a single hand came up from what seemed like a lifeless body. Even more frightening… the hand was able to block the bandit’s attack with little effort, holding his scaled wrist in her palm.

*…. Finally… It is time….*

…..

*Lub-Dub*

With a single heartbeat, a black, icy wave of power shot forth from Dyami’s body… A wave which sent a chill down every single being’s spine… Daraja, whose heart had failed as well; shot back into wakefulness, and clutched at her heart in anguish as a foreign blood literally caused the walls of her veins to freeze… if it was not for the fact that she was in many ways an immortal, she would have died instantly.

*Lub-Dub*

This time, the heartbeat brought a wave of power so great; it canceled the magic of the surrounding sandstorm... The flesh within the enemy’s claw froze under Dyami’s soft touch, as the burning sand torrent died down to a strong and strangely crisp wind.

She slowly raised her head, breathing softly as she did so, and locked eyes once more with the man/creature who still had his blade through her body. Her slitted eyes had grown cold, and seemed to glow blue with a demonic power that lay just beneath her skin… He knew with every instinct in his black heart that the being in front of him was just as much of a monster, if not more so, then even he was. Dyami smirked darkly, and slid her blocking hand to his cheek where the beads of sweat became solid crystals on his face. “Are you prepared to fall again, dark warrior?” She whispered. Before he could answer, she hit him square in the chest with the flat of her palm, sending a blast of frozen power through his body so great, that he was knocked about twelve feet away from her.

As the dragon/man started to recover, Dyami stood straight, and with seemingly little effort, she pulled his sword out of her body…. The blood which covered the blade was no longer a deep reddish-purple, but a dark, black-blue. Even more disturbing, after she removed the blade from her body, the bleeding from the wound stopped almost instantly. She undid her cloak, revealing her black-leather armor (which had been nothing but a hindrance of late…). With a dark smile, her hands transformed to claws, and her back sprouted soft, light-blue demon wings. Her transformation was complete and a new being was born… In many ways, she was even more beautiful then ever as, unlike Dyami, this creature reveled in her unnatural shape and power. As the dragon bandit stood up, Dyami forced her power through the blade and swung it effortlessly. With its swing, her blood turned to frozen blades which shot forth and sliced the man’s scaled and human flesh. Not giving the being a chance to regroup, she rushed him and attacked with his own sword, still keeping the smooth agility that Dyami was always known for in her fighting. After ducking and dancing around a few of the bandit’s feeble attempts she took one of her smaller daggers and plunged it deep into his shoulder. After he recoiled she quickly grabbed him by the throat… her icy grip starting to freeze shut the veins in his neck and making breathing as difficult as swallowing of acid.

“Don’t die yet, dear stranger…” The lady demon whispered… “I would like to meet you again before the end comes.” And with that, she threw him to the ground, and dug his sword through his leg and into the soft ground below. As the struggled to take his own weapon out of his leg, Dyami walked a few paces away, then called forth her dark power…. With a wave of her hand a blast comes forth creating a wave of sand which buries the bandit.. with another wave of her hand, she covered the newly-formed sand dune with black ice…. Trapping the other monster under the sand… For now, the battle was over.

The others had seen all of this, and it was impossible what may have been running through their minds as the being once-known as Dyami turned and looked at the group… Her eyes were filled with a critical cruelty as a sadistic smirk grew on her face… It seems that even though Dyami’s heart was lost to this fiend…. Her mind was still as sharp… And now twice as dangerous… She lifted a hand.. everyone could feel her frozen power start to rise within her palm..

And.. suddenly, she seemed to choke on something and the calm and figure that stood before them collapsed to her knees, gasping lightly for air… She coughed up a small puddle of blood and as she kneeled there, her body started to shake in shear exhaustion…. It would seem that this being was not invulnerable to pain after all.. She looked up with a shaky head, her eyes still filled with that calm malice.. and if anyone was close enough.. they would hear that she was quietly chuckling to herself…. She had awoken, and even though she would slip away for now and the old Dyami would return.. She would be back… And when she gains full control… Many… Many will fall.

15. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The shield gave in and the wind hit them again with it's full force. It hit Dyami to the chest so that she flew many many feets away from Aelor. He tried to reach out his hands and shout her name but the sand clouded her vision and filled his lungs. He stumbled forward until he heard a sounds, a cry of agony.
    Aelor found his way to Lunalath who was on her kneees in the ground holding her chest. Aelor held her from the shoulders shouting at her something...something he couldn't hear even himself. She coughed blood on Aelors face and chest before collapsing backwards to the ground. Aelor let her fall, didn't try to catch her for life had escaped her eyes. Morten stod right besides his 'mother', sobbing like a real child, trying to pull her mother from the sleaves.

Then the storm faded and Aelor stood up to see what was happening around. He saw the transformation of Dyami, how she beated the monstrous bandit. How she became a full monster...Is this what I have loved? Aelor asked himself. His elf blood got the best of his heart and he felt disgust as he glanced at Dyami as she had done a full transformation - he hated himself for that.

Life came back to Lunalaths lungs and heart and mind as if someone had blown it back into her. The wound was still wide open as she rose from the ground. She looked at the wound and shrugged at Aelor.
    She could feel the coldness increasing inside, her blood flowing slower and slower. Funny enough, it seemed to burn her from the inside.
    As Dyami pulled the sword from her own body, Lunalaths wound started to close itself.
    She looked at Dyamis transformation and thought that this being was truly beautiful. She remembered knowing one of these beings when she was just a student of Sakard, her passed-away-teacher. How had Dyami changed into one was a mystery to Luna, she had thougt that half-blooded ones couldn't change like this.

The the battle was over.

Dyami collapsed into the ground and Aelor run to help his friend.

Lunalath... she just started to laugh like a madman.
    This shall be intresting indeed my lord, she whispered into the calm wind.

Rest would have been more than welcome atlast, but Aaelor couldn't allow that for himself. He had attended Dyamis wounds and then wrapped Nyla's cold body into a cloth; he had said that he would carry her body to the nearest river and then lay it there claiming that that was the way Nyla wanted to be burried.
    After all that he kept the guard while others rested. He couldn't sleep. If someone woke up and said that they could keep the guard, Aelor just shaked his head and told them to sleep. He couldn't sleep. Not even though the night was dark and cold... like the person next to him, Aelor thought. Funny enough, he was stiing between Dyami's and Luna's resting places.

16. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack could feel Dynami's aura, it was fading fast. He struggled to navigate his way to her, but it was slow going. He wasn't going to make it... then, suddenly, things changed. Dynami's aura was replaced by one that, while similar, was disturbingly different. There was a pull in his stomach, the same one Bemon had described feeling when Dack first transformed into his, other, self. Suddenly the wind died down, becoming almost pleasant to the nerves.

Dack's eyes widened, he threw the pack off of his head and looked in disbelief. His senses had been correct, Dynami's eyes had become colder than they normally were, which was a feat in and of itself, but the powers she now yielded made the elf freeze in his tracks. Instinctively his hand went to his sword, but he didn't, no, couldn't move. Dynami's physical change wasn't as clear as it normally was in cases like this. The only immediately visible difference was in those eyes of hers.

It was only now that he noticed the human that she batted around as if he were a toy. It was the bandit from before. Dynami played with him for a moment more before putting him in a prison of ice, and then falling to her knees. Even after she returned to her normal self Dack couldn't move, the memory of those eyes held him in place. The group had grappled with his inner demon before, but Dynami's was quite a different animal. He didn't want to know which would triumph if, gods forbid, they should awaken at the same moment.

That night was unpleasant. Not an uncommon thing among this group, but this one more so than others. The vision of those eyes remained fresh in Dack's head, and what's more, they'd lost another one. This time it was Nyla, the elven assassin. Dack hadn't spoken much with Nyla, but what little he had he'd taken a liking to her. As such he was saddened that it had happened. But, like he'd been trained to, he didn't show his sadness. Pain was okay, but sadness got you killed, and it clouded your vision.

Regardless, Aelor wanted to bury her himself, and to keep watch. Dack let him, they'd all had a rough day, but no doubt Nyla's loss hit him the hardest. Dack tended his own wounds and slipped into the most restful state he could. Should anything happen upon them he'd be one of the first up, but it was as restful as he could get. Dack's only comfort from all of this was the thought that maybe, in the treasure trove they were heading for, the one that would bring back Svartnir could also bring back Nyla. Wishful thinking or not, it was pleasant at least...

17. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami remained unconscious for quite some time… But... That did not mean… that she couldn’t dream….

~*~

“It is said, that of all the clerics who fought ice creature of Scailthin, it was you whose story rings most true.” Said a teenage Dyami, from the shadows of the old holy man’s meditation room… She had entered holy grounds of the Majere temple, to get some much needed answers to her past… Considering what she was, this was a very dangerous undertaking.

“That is true, young assassin.” Said the old man, breathing a sigh and coming out of his mediataion. “I have been waiting for this day for quite some time… Please, come from the shadows and sit down. Would you like some tea?”

“Tea? You… are not alarmed by me?”

“Did you think you would have to threaten me for the truth? Dear young assassin; I am a high priest of Majere. Any who come to seek truth with an open mind and heart are welcome here.” He said getting the tea which had been brewing beside him and pouring two small cups and gesturing for her to sit on the floor in front of him.

Dyami, surprised at this turn of events, did as she was beconed to do and took a sip while sitting cross-leged in front of the old man. “Then please… Tell me all you know of my mother.”

“Your mother was a strong willed, and beautiful spirit. Although she tended towards the night, she was greatly diciplined in the ways of magic and at quite a young age, had earned her Black Robes.” Dyami knew of this already and bit her tongue from making a spiteful remark the woman’s choices… Magic: the ability to bend laws that were set by the Gods for a reason…. The priest continued. “Yet, even though she was a Black Mage, she was also a woman of great honer. So much so, that when her family fell into debt from the lord of the lands, she took their honer as her own, and married the lord as a way to save them from imprisonment, and certain death. But, although the lord of the land did not know it, his new trophy wife dispised him, and continued to practice while he left as he often did for business and battles. As you are probably well aware of by now: her greatest talent was the ability to summon.”

“A few years after the marriage, the warlord left once again to expand his land. The very day after his departure, she had decided to use her spite, and delve deep into her magic into realms that she knew nothing of, and see what sort of being she could bring forth. Indeed, from that spell, she had reached into a realm where the spirit has a physical form, and pulled forth a demon. The moment he came forth, he leapt at her body and possessed it; creating the being now dubbed in legend as the Ice Creature of Scailthin. This new demonic being emerged, and seized control of the land with an iron fist. Many laid siege to the creature… all of them failed. Including her own husband, who died in his desperate attempts to regain control. It had been over seven and a half months of this tyranny that we were finally summoned to aid in destroying this creature… And even then… we, the priests of Majere, had to use a great amount of holy power to pull the demon out of the woman’s body and back into its own dimention.”

“It.. came to a great surprise to us all when we discovered that through all seven months. The woman, was with child and now only had a coupld months left. When the others left back to the temple to train and meditate, I was left behind to tend to your mother… And especially watch over the birthing of this being she had within her… with you.”

“Then… you suspected even back then that I may come out as a monster.” Dyami said, no longer able to hold back her thoughts.

“Suspected? No… We knew immidiately that within her was a demon that was would have just enough mortal blood so that it could walk this world in a phisical body.”

“What….?” Dyami said.. confused by these words… From the bits and pieces of information she gathered from her past, she had always thought it was the human warlord that was her father, consieved the day before. But now…

“No… we are quite sure, that your parents were your mother, whos human blood was less and less until we could save her, and the demon which possessed her.”

“I am no such creature though… It is said she could wield a snowstorm like a sword and was hollow of all emitons excecpt malice and cunning….. How could this be?”

“To understand that, I must continue with my story.” Dyami had a thousand more questions spinning within her mind, but understood that most, if not all would be asnwered if she allowed the man to continue unintrupted.. As such, she nodded her head and the old monk continued.

“It was that time between our battle and your birth, that I learned a great deal about her and her past… I gained a new respect for this woman.. Specially considering her strength to carry on after such darkness had befallen her…. It also seemed she loved you even before you saw this world; she begged me to try to safe you instead of end your life… But my duties forbid me to let such a being live… So, as it was, when she came to term I tried to do something never done before…. As she screamed in pain, I used Majere’s power to take all the darkness and otherworldly power within you, and sealed it within your heart. From there, I tried to compress that darkness, and crush it…. I never finished the spell though.”

Dyami looked in curiosity. Again she faild at keeping a riegn on her questions. “Why did you stop? If you continued, I could have been human instead of… this….” She indicated to herself and specifically her tail which now flicked with irritation.

He let out a deep sigh… “I saw no reason to continue.. after I felt the unbourn child’s heart stop beating.”

“Stopped…?”

“Yes.. It seemed that without that power, you could not survive in this world, and came out cold and lifeless… Your mother wept when she saw you… And.. then she performed a miricle. She took your body in her arms… And with a kiss to the forhead, you started to cry…. It was her love that brought you life... And what sort of holy man would I be if I decided to try to destroy a creature that was given life though love?”

Dyami slowly nodded at this… She felt something… truly… for the first time, she felt… Sorrow. “And it was because of me that she was killed in the end… The village she fled to did not know who she was.. but.. once they saw me…. They thought she was a witch… And hired the Assassins to destroy us both…. Fate smiled on me as the Shadowblades never kills children.. only takes those who are wanted dead to be assimilated into the clan.”

………..

~*~

The image started to fade…. Dyami could feel herself waking from the dream.. she had forgotten that fact.. She had thought of herself as a part-demon; that darkness destroyed instead of sealed within her. A single tear slid down her face, waking her completely back into reality. Her eyes opened to the sight of Aelor’s back facing her.. he himself staring off… He has grown much in such a short time… Dyami could not help but feel deep respect for his new-found strength.. but.. why…

She sat up, her body silently groaning in pain…. And followed her instincts to where Nyla’s body lay. “Blood shed for blood loss.” She whispered in elvish; her eastern accent strongly coming through. “Masked warrior and fellow assassin… My your death bring you peace and may your spirit still lend us strength.” She then cut her hand and let the blood touch the girl’s heart…. Dyami could not help but be disgusted at how it was now a shade closer to blue then purple.

Aelor had stood up and she could now sense him behind her… She had to know… “Why… Why did you not leave me behind while you still had the chance?”

18. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    It was strange how soothing the night in the desert was. It was quite cold actually, but it was way much better than the scorching heat. Rest didn't come to Aelor that night. Lunalath had requested that they continue their journey on the next morning even though she didn't want to walk in the sun anymore. Aelor suspected that it had something to do with her and Dyami charing blood.. He looked at the sleepign sorceress and wondered what she was dreaming about: Being again in Svartnirs arm's, together as a family -or how she slaughters them all and uses her own child in some spell? He chuckeled and chaked his head, even this dark elf couldn't be so evil... But still.. he could help but to wonder, if Dyami, who Aelor saw as kind and sweet woman, would turn into a such a beast, to what would Lunalath, their black elf, turn into?
    And as he looked at the sorceresses round stomach, he couldn't but wonder what the child would be like, if Lunalath never became the person Svartnir fell in love with again?

Aelor herd some mumbling behind his back. He turned and saw Dyami at Nyla's body. She was performing her ritual again. Even though he didn't share the same religion with this woman, he respected Dyami for performing this ritual. It showed that she also respected her fellows.
    Aelor could see Dyami stir as her blood came out from the wound. It wasn't the wound, he understood. It was the shade of the blood. It was now more colder shade than ever, almost glowing blue in the dark night.

He walked closer to Dyami. With a strange voice she asked:
    “Why… Why did you not leave me behind while you still had the chance?”

Yes why? Why not. Who said she should be saved. She is not humane, has never been. You know that's a lie... Shut up stupid. She is no one to me, I feel nothing when I look at her. You're lying again, you know what you feel for her... You can't lie to yourself. That you know.

Dyami was watching at Aelor, waiting for Answer. She had never seemed so small and fragile to him. He was taller than Dyami, but he had never really understood that he had to look down at her..

He thought he could say he didn't know why or comrades are not left behind or it wasn't his decision. But he Did know why, and it Was his decision. No one could have turned his head about this matter, Dyami would never be left behind. Not by him.

''I think I sould say: because I love you,” he said in elvish. How silly those words sounded as they popped out of his mouth! But they were true and it made him feel sick.
    He didn't want to see her face - nor hear her words- so Aelor turned and walked away.
    He went to wake up Lunalath and announced that Dyami had also woken up, that they could continue their journey.
    Soon they were all up, preparing for the day. The sun was about to rise.
    Aelor went to Nyla's body and wrapped it tightly to the cloth he had with him. He had used his own cloak to protect her body, because his cloak reflected heat away. If Nyla's body would be in the heat, it would rot quickly.

''When will we reach the secret caves?'' Aelor asked from Lunalath.

''Today evening we will reach the river, then we can bury Nyla. And tomorrow morning, we will reach the cave of artifacts..''

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    They all awoke early to begin their journey. Dack's mouth quickly dried out, he was thankful that that was the worst that happened, he could only imagine the kind of hell Chris and Aeleth were going through in their fur and heavy armor respectively. Not to mention the toll this was taking on Dynami and Luna with their icy blood, suddenly he knew how Lorek felt back home. Still they all trudged on knowing there was no reason any of them could come up with to justify stopping.

''When will we reach the secret caves?'' Aelor asked from Lunalath.

''Today evening we will reach the river, then we can bury Nyla. And tomorrow morning, we will reach the cave of artifacts...'' she responded.

Dack nodded silently. It would be nice to stop near the river. To bury Nyla and for the sake of them all needing to refill their canteens. At the same time Dack felt a very bizarre conflict of emotions. They were about two days from the caves. Factor in however long it took them for the dungeon crawl to get to the artifacts themselves, and he was about a stone's throw from being back home. As much as he'd yearned to get back all this time, he felt something like sadness building up inside him.

He'd grown a bit of a soft spot for this place, it's customs, it's places, and not the least of which, it's people. He decided when he got home he needed to learn more writing skills, to record his adventures here for the land. No one would believe it of coarse, if he weren't here now he wouldn't either. But it would be the best he could do to show this place to others. He sighed and looked back into the distance, he couldn't see that human from before, but he had that nagging feeling that they'd run into him again very soon.

20. Lord_Croanan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Fugrug the orc rounded the dune muttering to himself. He was hot, tired, and most of all, hungry. And now that the weird boss man with the funny arms was missing, what was he supposed to do? He had only survived becouse he had never found anyone in the chaos of the sandstorm, and now that it was over, the nomads had left and the remaining orcs were sitting around in the shade. Fugrug had left when Halftooth got into a brawl with Dogeather, and was now searching in vain for food. Suddenly he came upon a mound of sand with ice covering the top. Very strange ice. Food? Fugrug ran over to the ice and hit it with his scimitar. Not even a dent. Fugrug started hacking away at it with all his might but only managed to severly bend his sword. He was sorely dissipointed. Then he heard a crack, followed by several more. Fugrug slowly leaned over the iced and peered inside. Suddenly ice shattered all around as a scaled hand burst through the ice and grabbed Fugrug's neck, snapping it instantly. The hand then threw away the orc and a tattered man climbed out.

"I had her! I had her within a stones throw! All I had to do was ge closer and bring down my blade!"

"Silence! It is no use mourning over lost battles, we must move on if we hope to catch them.

"Move on?! Im done with this! I had a mountain range with goblins at my command, and a hoard of treasure, screw the desert and all its unpleasantries!"

Ne'Arc's mind was quite for a minute, and the a sound louder then anything Ne'Arc had ever heard crashed through he skull, bringing him to his knees. It suddenly stopped, and Ne'Arc looked around. What had just happened?

"The elf cut off your arm, the deamon broke your body, it is by my grace that you are even functioning"

"What? You are only my mind, you are me!"

Ne'Arc's mind was silent for a few minutes. The thief heard the sound starting up again, but then it stopped as if the winds had changed thier minds.

"You want revenge do you not? We can take it, it can be ours!"

"It is not worth it, why can I gain from it?"

"What if I told you they were treasure hunters? Looking for an artifact of inimaginable power and might? Kill them, and take it for yourself!"

Ne'Arc was immeaditly skeptical, but then a coldness came over his body. Why not? Why shouldnt he kill them, at least for revenge! And then there was treasure to be had, money, power, fulfillment!

"I have lost twice now"

"We must fight smarter, not harder"

"How"

Over the dune, past the green-skinned minions, there is one nomad left, mouring a comrade, go and take his mount."

Ne'Arc got up and walked over the dune. The orcs lying about emmiadtly got up and grabbed thier weapons, Ne'Arc mearly walked past. Finally he came upon a nomad kneeling beside a mound of dirt, he was saying something in thier odd tongue. Ne'Arc's foot came hard and fast, knocking the nomad back several feet, and stunning him.

"You should have killed him"

Ne'Arc did not respond to his thoughts, and mounted upon his animal. He rode the beast fast through the night, and finally came upon what appeared to be the group ahead.

"Go around them, do not be seen"

The human obeyed and rode several miles around them, finally coming to a river in front.

"Execelent. Now do exactly as I say. Take 18 rocks along the bank, arrange them in groups of three, place each group one foot apart."

After he was done, Ne'Arc sat back and waited.

"Good. Now grab that stick."

The thief lord grabbed the stick. One of his scaled arms spasmed, and then did something odd. It began carving images into the stick. Ne'Arc could feel the air around him suddenly become oddly stuffy. His arm then began drawing lines around the groups of rocks. The man heard one odd splooshing sound, and then the river in front of him exploded, the current speeding up to speeds unimanginable.

"Excelent mortal! They can now not cross without help, and you will be that help!"

"....What?!"

"Take the stick, and drive it into your stomach!"

One of his arms again spasmed, and the stick flew into his abs. Ne'Arc gasped for a minute, and then fell over. For one full day he knelt there, neither seeminly alive or dead. Finally, with the sunrise of the secound day, he gasped in air. Looking down, he grabbed the stick and yanked it out.

"What is this?! Have I gone insane!?"

"Look in the water"

A spot of it had oddly calmed, at least enough for Ne'Arc to look in and see his reflection.

He screamed.

"IM AN ELF!!!!" What maddness is this!!?"

"Quite! You are not truly an elf, I merely changed your appearnce and aura, now no-one will recognize you or the energy you give off. You must build a boat out of the surrounding trees and then burn the rest so that no others can be made! Then stand by the river. You are now a ferryman. When the group comes over, take them over for a price."

"That is all?"

"I will tell you more when I deem the time is right."

Ne'Arc looked around at the countryside. Hefting his sword, he walked off to begin his work.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007