RPG # 15 - Reborn

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by daraja, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Things were going bad. Dyami had gained a slash in her newly remade leather armor and the circle of the creatures was slowly getting smaller… soon she would have no room to maneuver, let alone protect the unfortunate mage. But, just before Dyami was going to tell Nyla to run and save themselves, a shrill whistle blown, and like that, the creatures obediently left…. Dyami kept note of that… If ever those creatures would come back, she would go after the one controlling them and that whistle as well. But, as the disgusting creatures left, Dyami felt another dark presence that was hidden under the dark, rodent-like hoards…. One that she had distantly felt sleeping long ago…

It was Dack, although he was no longer himself. He had transformed into that creature that Dyami felt rest within his soul. As she watched in shock, Dack ripped through a few innocent lives before throwing Chris and Aeleth off with his brute strength. Then to her surprise, Denathdar (who must have woken up from his sleep by Nyla) shot back into battle, against Dack…. The fool!!! He was still badly wounded!…. Never mind… As soon as Dyami thought the fact, the poor Red Mage was on his back, his pain hampering his movement... and Dack was quickly closing in…

Although Dyami had to admit he was a bit of a klutz, she did admire the Red Mage’s fighting spirit. Actually, he admired it a lot…. Dyami rushed forward, throwing off her cloak, and stood in the way of Dack before he could raise a claw against Denathdar. Her posture was calm, with her arms spread open… there was no weapon in Dyami’s hand. “Wha? What are you doing?” Said the red mage.

“Do not worry… You have fought well and have earned my respect… now it’s my turn.” And with that, Dack let out a howl and swept at Dyami. But, instead of knocking her head off, Dyami calmly ducked and shifted a bit to the side, making sure to keep in Dack’s range-of-sight…. Another advantage of learning the fighting the styles of others: imitating it. What Dyami was doing now looked like a very defensive version of the drunken-boxing style. With every attack, Dyami simply sidestepped or moved in such a fluid motion that it seemed like nothing at all. Usually, this would be extremely difficult with an opponent such as Dack; but in this bestial state, he was much slower, his aura was so immensely powerful that Dyami could easily ‘see’ him with her eyes closed and fighting with single-minded fury made him quite predictable.

“Fight?!? But you’re not even holding a weapon!” Dyami could hear the Mage shouting behind her... His voice was farther away. He must have decided to give her and Dack some leeway.

“I’m not trying to fight him… I am trying to tire him out.” Dyami said calmly between dodging and avoiding those deadly claws. It was true: such creatures/beings that fueled their strength and fighting on fury alone could only do so for a very short time before tiring out. Plus, by simply dodging and not fighting back, Dyami was not feeding any bloodlust or urge to fight… If anything negative, she was frustrating the poor being… And simple creatures (as Dack seemed to have become such) usually threw a fit and/or simply gave up when faced with a frustrating problem they could not solve…. “Red Mage, if you would like to help, then aid Luna in a spell that would relax, if not, put Dack to sleep.”

As Dyami was facing Dack, she could not see Denathdar’s expression as he spoke. “But… how about you?”

“If it’s the right kind of spell, then the worst I will have to worry about is a nice, long rest.” Dyami said, trying to give lighter note to his worry.

If Luna was smart, she would use that sleeping spell Dyami had seen her use in combat before. Yes, this was putting a lot of trust in magic…. But at the moment, Dyami could think of nothing else that would slow down such a beast except of what she was already doing. Dyami could hear the footsteps of the mage leaving as she continued to dodge.

Good… Now only too keep ahead of those deadly claws and she would be fine. “Dack… wake up. The danger is gone. There is no need for the beast anymore… Let it sleep once more… Dack… Wake up.”

2. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath watched the battle with a slight smile on her face. She watched as berzerk Dack attacked towards Denathdar. She could have easily stopped him with a single command word, but she needed not to since Dyami came to the rescue. Luna had even for a moment considered not to interrupt with the fight at all and let Dack tear that red robed mage apart. She didn't feel much trust for that ''silly mage'' at the moment. She felt that the mage wasn't as goofy as he seemed to be. Often childish people were just acting out.
    But Dyami was useful, so as Denathdar went further away from the fighting couple, Luna walked nearer (still invisible) and said one command word. He was jus trying to hit Dyami again when he first froze and then collapsed to the ground, his eyes still open. Dyami looked directly at Luna, clearly sencing her energy aura and there for being able to locate her position.
    ''He is paralyzed,'' Luna said and turned herself visible again. ''He wont be free from the spell until I set him free. And he will stay that way until he turns normal again. Dack is fully awake, when he starts to trun into his normal form, you can start talking some sence in him, he will hear you.'' She looked quickly around, seeing that almost everyone was badly wounded or with scrathes. Luna waved to Aelor and Nyla and said:
    ''We need to carry Dack out of here, quickly. I will help you do that, Dyami, help us, will you? We have to get out of this city at once before someone comes to lynch us. It doesn't take much for someone to understand who those creature's were after.''

They halfly ran from the city, trying to help each others on the way. They saw mangled corpses all over, dying people and children crying for their parents, covered in blood. Lunalath noticed others looking at the disaster with sympathetic looks. She improved her hold of Dack and said: ''Do not even consider staying here to help these people, now is not the time to show virtue. What happened, was unfortunate, but we must continue and trust that these people will survive like they always have.
    And, you can trust my word when I say this: Who ever stays behind in a situation like this, is left behind. I will not endanger this journey for that.''

Soon they were out of Solanthus, in a forest, still wlaking forward. The night was turning into morning. Someone asked for a pause, but Luna just shaked her head and said:
    ''Little more...''

Aelor was just about to have it, when they suddenly came to an open place in the forest. There was a dark, two floor, wooden house in the middle of it. It was not made by human hands, since it's apperiancer had the fragile features of elven houses. Twines had grown along its walls and moss covered it's roof. He could smell many herbs growing near this place, there was a flowerbed growing next to the house and Aelor saw many rare herbs growing there. It was all quiet, no sound of the forest had followed them as they had entered the open area, just a hum, which was more senced that herd. Magic, Aelor thought to himself and wondered how Luna had known about this place, it hadn't been visible a few moments ago. Maybe she had senced it.
    They lay Dack to the ground. His human features had started to return to him and Dyami sat beside him talking calmly. Aelor could not even imagine what Dack would feel like once he realized what he had done.

''This place has a protection spell of it's own, no creature can enter here unless invited,'' Luna said to others. Aelor turned at her, he was just trying to take care of Denathdars wounds. ''How did we get inside then? Who's house is this?''
    ''I have the power to invite you here. This is my home,'' She answered and grinned.

3. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack continued his rampage, meeting with little opposition, that is, until Denathdar stepped up. The red robed mage called the beast itself out and seemed to have some plan in line to fight it. Unfortunately his old battle habits bit him due to his wounds. He lost his grasp of a potion to put Dack down, allowing him to kick the vial far away. Denathdar had made an error in tactics, and he was about to pay dearly for it.

Or at least he would have, had Dynami intervenied. Using an exotic version of drunken boxing she was managing to avoid a swift death by Dack's clawed hands. In this state Dack was far from adaptable, and if she didn't strike him he wouldn't be able to renew his fury and in time he would tire.

As she evaded his clawed hands she spoke to him, trying to appeal to Dack's logical mind. Unfortunately that was in vain, Dack was a prisoner in his own mind, the beast was in control of the body now, and it was far from capable of reason. Back home he could at least control where the monster swung, and at times even the change itself, but Krynn was different, he was only it's cage here.

Luckily in little time Luna took control of the situation. Paralyzing Dack, effectively ending his rampage. Such a simple spell might not work on some beasts, but with his other side in control he was little more than an engine of destruction, even the simplist command words could stop him dead in his tracks if uttered by the right mouth. It would be some time before Luna would allow him to move again, but at least his frenzy was over, for now, the beast had been contained.

4. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Two cloaked riders rushed into camp that night. Stopping at the challenge of the gaurd. "Where is the lord Voltavian?"

"Follow me I will take you to him, though you will have to dismount. He will not have his meditation disturbed by the clamour of hoof beats."

They dismounted as the gaurd led away from the main camp and along a winding foot path, hardly to be seen in the dark. The path ran along side a bubbling stream. At length the gaurd spoke softly.

"My lord, these men have a message for you."

"Yes, its about time you brought them here. They arrived in camp more than a quater of an hour ago, you're getting slow."

"My apologise, my life is forfeit. May I take my life to lessen this shame?"

"No, I still have use for you. Now get back on duty for the rest of the night."

"Yes lord" The man bowed and went back to his post.

"Well...did you come here to listen to the stream or speak? Sit down and tell me your message."

Each man spoke at length and then their host questioned them thuroughly.

"How did such cowards get into my ranks? I thought you trained these orcs well before you employed them..."

One of the men answered "Truly I cannot say how such a thing could happen. It is entirely my fault. I should have seen this coming. The error is inexcusable. If you had not already rejected my plea to allow me to forfeit my life I would ask again.”

“Yet from what you have gathered from the orcs before you put them to death I know much more about this matter. And thank you for your message from lord Dedrix. You may go now”

When they had left him he sat to think to himself. “Obviously she’s just using them. The orcs played their part. They were never supposed to stay and fight, they were only supposed to flush out all of the group members. How curious that she did not show herself. How clever of her to let her team take the brunt of the attack. Though she did enough, I’ve got her signature now.”

He pulled out the stone that had rendered Luna powerless earlier that day. With amusement he tossed it from hand to hand and chuckled. “Now my dear where can you hide?”

5. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    After the orcs called their beasts off, Aeleth, injured and bleeding as he was still killed all of the remaining orcs he could; either by cleaving their heads, gutting, stabbing their spines, soon enough he started to feel the effects of blood loss, so he sat on a house’s porch and took a glass jar from his bag and poured some of the icy blue liquid it contained on his wound; the bleeding stopped and it then started to gradually heal.

“Fell beast, it managed to get its claws under my armour plates“ He thought to himself as he cleaned and sheathed his swords and felt the potion making effect.

Aeleth thought of resting a while when he noticed that everybody was gone except him and Chris who was severely injured, so he tossed the jar over him so the minotaur could heal himself.

“Keep it” Said Aeleth who, having picked the other’s trail up, made his way to follow them; his path led him out of Solanthus and towards the forest, to a well-hidden house, Aeleth had to recognize it was well hidden though it didn’t take him much time to find it; as he made his way towards it, he felt a repelling force, there was an incantation upon it that prevented the elf from going further.

“Perhaps I should…. no, what’s the point?” He thought and then climbed a nearby tree; he concealed himself with the leaves and branches so well that even a hawk looking from the ground would not be able see him, he then masked his presence so no magical being could sense him.

He then, always alert, fell asleep.

6. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Denathdar was making his last peace with the gods when a familiar figure came over to step in the way of him and the Beast. It was Dyami, and it seems that she was hard-willed to slow down Dack in his rampage. It was sheer lunacy as she had gone in unarmed to challenge the rampaging Dack. Denathdar moved out of the way to give her some room, but he had to speak up.

“Fight?!? But you’re not even holding a weapon!”

“I’m not trying to fight him… I am trying to tire him out.” Dyami replied, then Denathdar saw the tactic, a set of drunkenlike moves designed to tire Dack and not cause any party any harm. It was ingenious, and Denathdar moved to remember it for later use if this happened ever again. Then Dyami spoke again between dodging the blows of Dack, “Red Mage, if you would like to help, then aid Luna in a spell that would relax, if not, put Dack to sleep.”

Denathdar considered this but then realised that the only sleep spell he could think of would have to affect Dyami aswell. “But… how about you?”

“If it’s the right kind of spell, then the worst I will have to worry about is a nice, long rest.” Dyami said, trying to give lighter note to his worry.

Denathdar silently agreed to this, yet as he lay there in exhaustion watching Dyami passivly fight Dack, he realised that he was spent. He could muster up enough willpower to lift a small pebble perhaps. So he resigned to sit there, helpless to do anything. Hoping that Luna would react fast to this threat. But he couldn't see her anywhere, damnit -Denathdar thought - she must be somewhere else... or perhaps.
    Just at that thought, while seeing Dack trying to swing and hit Dyami again, he froze. Denathdar realised that it was Luna, she was invisible and very nearby. Agreeing with his assumptions, Luna reappeared while talking.

'He is paralyzed, he wont be free from the spell until I set him free. And he will stay that way until he turns normal again. Dack is fully awake, when he starts to trun into his normal form, you can start talking some sence in him, he will hear you.'' Luna looked around the group, as Denathdar did aswell. He saw a ragged bunch of injured weary adventurers. Denathdar was about to pack it in from despair when Luna spoke up again.

''We need to carry Dack out of here, quickly. I will help you do that, Dyami, help us, will you? We have to get out of this city at once before someone comes to lynch us. It doesn't take much for someone to understand who those creature's were after.''

They gathered themselves and, fully rallied, they made out to the edge of Solanthus. As they walked/half ran Denathdar looked around at the carnage that the creatures had left, people strewn dead or injured about the streets. The injured were crying or asking for assistance. Denathdar's good side felt the urge to go and help them, but Luna spoke again.

''Do not even consider staying here to help these people, now is not the time to show virtue. What happened, was unfortunate, but we must continue and trust that these people will survive like they always have.
    And, you can trust my word when I say this: Who ever stays behind in a situation like this, is left behind. I will not endanger this journey for that.''

They kept walking fast and soon they were entering a forest, it was still dark, a combination Denathdar did not like. However as they kept on, no harm befell them and they faint rays of light were seen through the trees, it was nearing the morn. Although they were resolved to walk until their legs fell off, Denathdar asked for a rest as his legs were killing him, and his wound was throbbing like crazy. But Luna shook her head and motioned for continuation.

They neared a clearing, and as they entered it Denathdar was greeted by a shock. Here in this seemingly deserted woods was a house, and contrary to his guesses, it was not abandoned. There was a healthy looking house, and Denathdar assumed that it must have been a magic-user's house for this case. As Luna took the fore she told everyone to seat on the grass. Aelor was taking care of Denathdar's wounds, which he had no objection to as it hurt like hell on earth. And she spoke again

''This place has a protection spell of it's own, no creature can enter here unless invited,''
    During wrapping a bandage around Denathdar's arm, Aelor spoke.

''How did we get inside then? Who's house is this?''

''I have the power to invite you here. This is my home,'' She answered and grinned at the group. Denathdar smiled at the humour, he needed it. But a familiar sense came about him, one that annoyed him greatly, he looked around trying to find the source of the dist- the plants. There was Ivy, herbs and ... oh flowers. Denathdar could already feel the pollen creeping up his noze and as he tried to hold it back it grew to consume him. He let out a bellowing sneeze that made the whole group look over.

*ATCHOOOO*
    "Oh sorry 'bout that..." He said in between sniffles.

7. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    A bloody, injuried, and very tired Chris watched as Dyami very skillfully tired Dack out, trying to stop his rampage on good and evil alike. She was doing well but suddenly Chris also noticed two of the groups mages making a spell.

cHRIS Didn'y know much about magic but he thought he could guess what they were doing. Most likely they were making a sleeping or paralazing spell. As Dyami said- “Red Mage, if you would like to help, then aid Luna in a spell that would relax, if not, put Dack to sleep.” he realized he was right. They would, or at least try to stop Dack, and oddly enough Dyami two. Chris shook his head. Magic he muttered dryly under his taxed breath. Yah never can trust it.

This thought came back to him a hundred fold as Dack stopped in mid swing of his attack. Had their spell worked? Maybe it wasn't so bad after all... And thats when Luna appeared. Apparently she had been invisible and had somehow stopped Dack.

Magic. Yah never can trust it.

8. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami kept dodging with the fluidity or a river: moving this way and that… avoiding death by as close as a few inches sometimes. Her words were definitely not reaching Dack… he was too far gone. Dyami would have to stick with her original plan and tire out he beast instead of awakening the elf…. Or maybe not… Dyami could feel the charge of Luna’s power behind her and soon, Dack was frozen in place. As his giant body collapsed, Dyami calmly turned to the invisible Luna as the elven mage explained herself. “He is paralyzed. He won’t be free from the spell until I set him free. And he will stay that way until he turns normal again. Dack is fully awake, when he starts to turn into his normal form, you can start talking some sense in him, and he will hear you… We need to carry Dack out of here, quickly.” Luna said as she gestured for the others that could be seen to come along “I will help you do that, Dyami, help us, will you? We have to get out of this city at once before someone comes to lynch us. It doesn't take much for someone to understand who those creatures were after.''

Dyami agreed fully: they needed to get out, and get out now. And with that, Dyami helped with moving Dack to the best of her abilities… But, what about the others? Like Aeleth and Chris? Well, Aeleth was a wise and good being, and would get himself and Chris out of there before too much danger ensued. Afterwards, she was sure Aeleth and Chris would be good enough trackers to find the group once again.

After about ten minutes of half-running, Dyami was getting concerned: many people had horrible wounds and needed care for them badly… Denathdar, specifically would pass out soon from the blood, and open wounds on anyone could easily lead to infection if everything was ignored for long.. Dyami did the smart thing and asked for the sake of the others to stop. “Little more…” was her answer as they continued. Hm… it seems that Luna knows of a safe place to be. Dyami decided to leave the important issue alone for now and wait until someone did pass out.

But, not long after, Dyami started to feel the presence of magic all around her... Spells, most of them meant for protecting and spying… All of which had Luna’s signature all over it. Soon, they were at a small elven-built home. Even before she said it, Dyami guessed who the owner must be.

They were let in, and Dyami looked around… the place was filled with the homeliness that could be seen in most elven abodes, but many spaces was filled with items that were more of the dark-magical quality that seemed to both stick out, and blend in with the rest of the house. First, Dyami checked over Dack: physically, he had transformed back to normal, and Dyami would sense that spiritually, the normal Dack was back and resting, while the beast within was now hibernating. After that (and getting Luna to take off the spell on Dack) Dyami went to work, cleaning and bandaging what wounds she could… hmmm... some may get infected anyway, but it was impossible to tell right at that moment.

As she was dressing the wounds of the poor, sick, red mage, Dyami could feel two very recognizable forces coming towards the house: it was Chris and Aeleth. She could feel them as the two stopped at the edge of Luna’s magic… Both decided to wait… Aeleth’s presence faded as he rested… ah… that old trick… It use to irritate Dyami to no avail when she couldn’t sense the elf she was working with not long ago. After making sure everything was in order, Dyami went to Luna and asked her to invite the two comrades outside. After Luna invited them in (waking up Aeleth from his nap) Dyami calmly, but firmly took the black mage to the side to speak in private.

“Please Luna; you know very well that I am no fool. That man back there said something that you didn’t want me to know. If it is something personal, or private, I do not care if you keep it to yourself. But if it is something that will affect this group or myself in the slightest of ways, so help me, you better tell now before matters get worse.”

True, it was a bit risky being so straight forward, but this group was falling apart before they even started… If they were going to make through this quest, Dyami wanted to make sure that no one was second guessing themselves. After she heard Luna’s answers, Dyami hoped to call a meeting to discuss this new turn of events with the others and see if a more elaborate plan of action would be needed.

9. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Luna had just invited the rest of the group inside her sanctuary and escorted all inside the house, advicing them to sleep the night inside the house. She had some extra blankets and mattresses so that everyone could rest comfortably. To the annoyance of some group members, the food she had in her house was light elven food; flower leaves and some vegetables. She had no bread at all, since it would get mouldy during her absence. But she had bright water which made them al feel a little stronger and took some of the pain away.
    Though Lunalath suspected, that the one pain it wouldn't take away was Dack's inner pain. The pain what he might feel after slaughtering innocent people. Luna had always felt pity towards good people. They were too strickt on themselves...
    Denathdar, the red mage, was lying on a mattress after Aelor and Dyami had attended his wounds. Luna knealed beside him and warned:
    ''This house Denathdar, belongs to the relm of Nuitari. Do not try to use your magic here, friend, you would just get yourself hurted. Only the servants of Nuitari can do spells here.'' She got up, but added as if just remembering:
    ''I have some spell books that belonged once to red mage collegue of mine. If you feel like you wont catch the sleep tonight, you may read them if you wish?''
    Denathdars enthusiasm wasn't hard to notice, so Lunalath went to get the books for him. She then left him to his own piece, to read the three spell books with red leather covers and gold engravings. She had no use for the book herself. As a servant of Nuitari, she wasn't allowed to read books that belonged to a white or red mage.

Just about to withdraw to her chaimber in the upstairs, Lunalath noticed Dyami motioning to her that she wished to discuss. Luna cursed silently in her mind, she had almost forgot about their previous conversation. With hand wave, she led her to her study, also in the upstairs.
    “Please Luna; you know very well that I am no fool. That man back there said something that you didn’t want me to know. If it is something personal, or private, I do not care if you keep it to yourself. But if it is something that will affect this group or myself in the slightest of ways, so help me, you better tell now before matters get worse”, Dyami said. Lunalath was standing her back faced to the assassin. She was just looking outside from the window. It was the only window in the whole house with no curtains. She was looking at the moon, Nuitari's moon that was shining brightly in her eyes. The two others, Lunitari and Solinari, were not seen in her sanctuary.
    ''Everything effects everyone, Dyami. And all my businesses are personal'', Luna said. She took a deep breath and sat to a comfortable armchair, waving Dyami to do the same and to sit opposite her.
    ''But I cannot tell you what the man was talking about. It is not because I just don't want to (not that I'd like to chare my secrets..), but because it's the will of Nuitari. He does not wish me to tell of this task to anyone, even Svartnir had no idea of my goal...and yes, I admit it, my purpose on this trip is not to wake Svartnir from the dead.'' Dyami looked at her with a doubtful look, so she Luna quickly carried on:
    ''But he will be resurrected! It's just not my task, it's Aelors task and his reason to be on this trip. I will make sure my beloved will be brought back to life, but it is not my priority. I just wish that you forgive me for being so mysterious, but I can't just blabber about these things.
    Yet, I can promise, you have not been fooled in anything, we are after the artifacts; I am not going to betray you and this task of mine should not endanger your life when it becomes more topical.''
    Sitting back straight, Lunalath watched Dyami as she handled all her words and tried to examine the females expressions. She felt she knew too little of Dyami.

Aelor felt full after eating few flowers and vegetables. He was happy he had inherited the elven eating habbits and there for needed small amount of food. He watched at Chris and felt pity for the big minotaur, he must be feeling pretty hungry even though he had eaten twice as much as he had. Nyla was sleeping tight next to him, Aelor and Luna had given her some sleeping herbs after she had started to feel urge to attack the minotaur again. Oh how she hated the minotaurs, not Chris as a person, he was quite nice in her mind, but the race. Nyla's memories of what those horned beasts did to her home...those images were her inner demons. Aelor could not blame her. Svartnir must have felt the same when his home -their home- was destroyed. But Chris could not be blamed. He was not part of the massacre.
    'Cause of a spontaneus idea, Aelor went to Aeleth to talk. He sat next to the elf and looked in to his own hands, as if in shame.
    ''I'm sorry, if I have acted like a fool towards you Aeleth. I just...eh...well. It's Dyami. I can't explain what I feel, but it makes my head spin. I feel angry about no-things, as long as it has something to do with Dyami.. I guess I should say I'm jealous'', he said and grinned, trying to ease the tencion.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack had stayed outside Luna's house, but still within the barrier, keeping separate from the group since he regained his ability to move. It wasn't so much that he felt he needed to be separate, but the fact that he'd let the beast loose was very troubling to Dack. He'd fought creatures like those bug rats before, but they'd always been solitary predators, like spiders. Not like those ones, who'd had the organization of an ant hill.

Then there was what had occured after they'd left. He'd continued on his rampage, lashing out at anything that moved, it had taken a very skillfully placed spell by Luna to bring him to a halt. Although he hadn't been conscious to hear them, he could still feel the screams and terror of those lives he'd ended. He knew the others probably thought that was something that would effect him terribly.

If this had been some time ago they woud be right. However they couldn't guess why it wouldn't be so hard for him now. He'd been raised as a raider, he'd killed the innocent before, and they'd haunted him for some time. But the more he lived as a raider, the easier it got to forget, until he saw how the other side lived. How they treated each other, and for a while he'd managed to convince himself they weren't any more innocent than him.

He left his home then, and began travelling his homeland, looking for simple adventure, it was there, that he saw innocence and purity for the first time in many years. She had been a young mage, she hadn't seemed like much, but she had been the key to defeating the greatest threat his homeworld had ever faced. He felt something in his pocket while he recalled that quest, it was because of her that he felt remorse for what he couldn't stop himself from doing. None the less, with time he was able to slip back into that grey feeling he'd lived with many years before, for the time being, he couldn't worry about feeling guilty.

11. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami listened intently to the mage's words ''Everything effects everyone, Dyami. And all my businesses are personal'', Luna said. She took a deep breath and sat to a comfortable armchair, waving Dyami to do the same and to sit opposite her.

''Everything effects everyone, Dyami. And all my businesses are personal…But I cannot tell you what the man was talking about. It is not because I just don't want to (not that I'd like to share my secrets..), but because it's the will of Nuitari. He does not wish me to tell of this task to anyone, even Svartnir had no idea of my goal...and yes, I admit it, my purpose on this trip is not to wake Svartnir from the dead.'' Dyami consciously made an effort not to raise and eyebrow… Any judgment she makes, she wanted to leave till after she heard all of Luna’s argument.

''But he will be resurrected! It's just not my task, it's Aelors task and his reason to be on this trip. I will make sure my beloved will be brought back to life, but it is not my priority. I just wish that you forgive me for being so mysterious, but I can't just blabber about these things.
    Yet, I can promise, you have not been fooled in anything, we are after the artifacts; I am not going to betray you and this task of mine should not endanger your life when it becomes more topical.''

So… It is certain then that (alongside the power of Kiri-Jolith’s artifact) Luna had planned to go to this powerful treasure trove all along and get an item that must be of great value.... So great, that it would be equal or greater to the power of bringing someone back from the dead. Svartnir’s come back will simply be a bonus and incentive to continue as the mage had planed. Hm. She nearly killed the entire group, trying to get the artifact and all it’s power the first time…. What would happen if she got her hands on something even more powerful?

There was plenty of space between here and their destination so Dyami decided to drop the subject for something of more immediate importance. “Very well then, for now, I will leave it be. But, tomorrow, I think it will be wise if you told everyone all you could about our new enemies as they seem to know you and you, them.” Dyami said while making her way to the door… A second thought occurred, and although Dyami was never the one to hold out the olive branch, it wouldn’t hurt to try. “Oh, and if you were wondering, I have no interest in any item that can be found at our destination. I am here for another reason completely. But, as I am always battering you with questions, I guess it is only fair that you may do the same to me…. If we are to survive this quest of yours, there will need to be a certain level of trust between all members... Especially for the one who assumes the role of leader.” With that, Dyami gave a nod of respect and left Luna to think of her words.

As she when back to the others, Dyami could see Aelor and Aeleth talking (how ironic that their names were so alike in sound). Dyami was reminded of the fact that she has not yet apologized for her outburst that had happened a few days ago…. Well, right now would work as well as any time… “Aelor.” Dyami said as she approached the wild elf. “I know this is late… but I am… sorry for my words when I lost my temper.” Dyami said… it was a difficult thing for her to admit she lost control… But she did not want Aelor to lose what trust he had in her. And with another polite nod, she retired for the night.

The next morning, Dyami knew that the group would be on the move again, so she had to say what she needed to say now, over the early-morning meal. After getting everyone’s attention, she continued. “We have obviously made a new enemy, and a very powerful one at that.” Dyami started. “It may be wise to take some precautions in our travels… First, we need to find ways to make our group stand out less as there is a good chance our enemies has spies set out against us. We can do this by either hiding any noticeable features, or getting something like a cart and horse for members to hide in so even our number is less prevalent. I also suggest trying to lose this enemy by taking alternate routs or….. Or splitting up for awhile and regrouping elsewhere, such as after the ocean, or just before it. Of course, I do not know much about our enemy… Luna, as you are the one with most knowledge about this quest, it would only be wise for you to take any and all suggestions and decide on the next move.”

Dyami knew she was putting the mage on the spot, but it would give the Luna a chance to show any abilities she has as a good leader…. If the rest was to follow her through this chaos, they had a right to know if they could trust her.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  12. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath listened to Dyami's words carefully, but didn't make any comments. The half-demoness seemed to notice it too, since she backed out of the room without waiting for her reply. She felt releafed, for at that moment she had no answers. She had no idea who the new enemy was, they just all assumed she did. Like a powerful black robed age didn't already have thousand enemies...she just wondered who it was this time. She rose from the chair and marched to her working table, long wooden table infront of the window, knowing that she would not get rest this night. She also couldn't help her curiosity about Dyami's motives...
    She mixed herbs and crow feathers with each others and mumbled the words of power, calling lord Nuitari to aid her in her quest to find out who or what was this new power endangering her quest. In no time, a black crow creached infront of her, waving it's wings anxiously. Lunalath whispered her orders to it's ear and sent it flying to the night sky. The crow flew right to where Lunalaths enemy was, it was led by Nuitari's sight, so it could not do mistake. Then Lunalath went to her bookshell and started to look through her books, she would need many spells while on this trip.

“Aelor. I know this is late… but I am… sorry for my words when I lost my temper.” Dyami said behind Aelor's back. He turned at her while she spoke, but could not reply, 'cause Dyami backed away with a nod before he got the words out of his mouth. He looked again at Aeleth and said:
    ''I think I too will go to rest now, good night.''
    He went to sleep near the red mage, whim he felt was quite reliable of their new companions. And the silly mage really seemed...well, silly too. It made Aelor smile once in a while.

“We have obviously made a new enemy, and a very powerful one at that.” Dyami started. “It may be wise to take some precautions in our travels… First, we need to find ways to make our group stand out less as there is a good chance our enemies has spies set out against us. We can do this by either hiding any noticeable features, or getting something like a cart and horse for members to hide in so even our number is less prevalent. I also suggest trying to lose this enemy by taking alternate routs or….. Or splitting up for awhile and regrouping elsewhere, such as after the ocean, or just before it. Of course, I do not know much about our enemy… Luna, as you are the one with most knowledge about this quest, it would only be wise for you to take any and all suggestions and decide on the next move.”
    Lunalath listened to Dyami without rasing her head from her plate, on which she had soup made of flower leaves and herbs. She raised her head slowly and looked at each of her companions in the eyes before speaking.
    ''I do not think it will be necessary for us to split up. We will get over the ocean with high speed, there are some details about our trave I have not told you. But'', she said with a calm voice, ''it was for our own safety, I could not trust that the spies of our enemies wouldn't find about everything. Here, though, it is safe to speak, Nuitari has promised to protect us as long we stay here.''

''What then are the details?'' Nyla asked anxiously.
    ''I was getting to it'', Luna said.
    ''I will teleport us all over the chanal, which will take us next to the Khalkist mountains. The route wont be clear there, because ogre's inhabit that areas, but those dumb creature's hardly ever dear to attack black mages. But the project will take me whole day for the distance is long and there for I can take only four people with me at the time. Maximum! Otherwise I cannot garantee where we will land. On top of the sea is one option...''

''Why did you not do this earlier?'' Aelor asked next to her.
    ''Because, dear, I did not have the right ingredients to it so many people. I always have ingredients for one long distance teleportation spell. But that is for myself, if you forgive me.''
    She looked at the others with amusement, those who seemed to have troubles with mages, seemed restless. Especially after she mentioned that they might fall to the ocean if something went wrong.
    Naturally, the red mage, Denathdar, only seemed excited.

13. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    “We have obviously made a new enemy, and a very powerful one at that.” Dyami started. “It may be wise to take some precautions in our travels… First, we need to find ways to make our group stand out less as there is a good chance our enemies has spies set out against us. We can do this by either hiding any noticeable features, or getting something like a cart and horse for members to hide in so even our number is less prevalent. I also suggest trying to lose this enemy by taking alternate routs or….. Or splitting up for awhile and regrouping elsewhere, such as after the ocean, or just before it. Of course, I do not know much about our enemy… Luna, as you are the one with most knowledge about this quest, it would only be wise for you to take any and all suggestions and decide on the next move.”

Luna spoke of arrangements and her dark god, Dack took a certain comfort knowing a god was giving them some measure of assistance, evil god or not. Then they got to just how they were getting across the sea, a teleportation spell. Dack had plenty of experience with those, but they seemed to take more out of mages here on Krynn, different sources of power he supposed. Odds are that spell would make Luna much less of a powerhouse than she usually was, but none the less, she had more mana than any other magus he'd met on Krynn, he wasn't worried about her tiring out.

He looked around to the others, while he was alittle uncomfortable wwith the magic of this realm, he had total confidence in Luna's abilities, knowing if she wanted him dead it would have already happened, or it would happen much later, and with the courtesy of him having some chance to react. The others, however, were much less than thrilled. This was understandable, not everyone liked being poofed to and from places, but he knew from experience it was the only way to travel. This was going to be fun...

14. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Denathdar was lying on the pallet, resting from the physical exertion of the previous night. He had a bandage and a simple poultice applied to the deep wound but it still hurt like hellfire. Before entering the house he could sense the powers of Nuitari were hallowed here. For reassurance, Luna kneeled beside Denathdar and warned him of this fact. He knew that his powers would just bring him pain, if not fatal.

In time Denathdar regained his consciousness to a normal level, no more head-swimming or memory lapses. He started noticing the various magical things around the house, various magical artefacts, neclases rings etc. his gaze wandered over to a picture, it was a picture of a mage in deep black robes fighting off a demon in some hellish place. He thought it might have been Lunalath, but dismissed the idea from his mind. Luna wandered over noticing his return from sleep and saw him looking at the magic things around the room.

''This house Denathdar, belongs to the relm of Nuitari. Do not try to use your magic here, friend, you would just get yourself hurted. Only the servants of Nuitari can do spells here.'' She got up, but added as if just remembering:
    ''I have some spell books that belonged once to red mage collegue of mine. If you feel like you wont catch the sleep tonight, you may read them if you wish?''

Denathdar read the books, in the process trying to memorize some of the obscure spells enscribed throughout the books. It wasn't long before he saw that the others began to discuss the recent events. This resulted in Lunalath describing the next stage of the journey... a teleportation. Great - Denathdar thought - I always get teleportation sickness.
    Apart from this Denathdar was glad, no excited that they would be continuing on their journey. He had always wanted to see the orge homes before he died. Well - he thought - I am sure that they could provide both the experiences.

It was not long until Denathdar fell back into a deep sleep, he needed it. The past day's experiences had drained his energy and the darkness took over from his thoughts.
    He slept and he slept and he dreamt.

He was in a forest glade, there was a small waterfall and the whole place seemed to posess a dreamy feeling about it - apart from the obvious that it was a dream anyway. He was standing facing another figure, he didn't notice the figure enter the glade and wondered about this. The figure interrupted Denathdar's thoughts by turning around and addressing him.

"Again Denethdar? Always in thought about something"
    Denathdar realised it was Uskper again, although he seemed different somehow, less real.

"Why and how are you doing this Uskper? You were never this powerful - although I know you were near to it right up to the point when that dragon bit your head off. Yes, another question - you head?"

"Yes yes, all that will be explained - let's just say that I had a deal with someone important. Now to the important stuff. That conflict at Solanthus was difficult for you wasn't it? I could help you along this quest actually... but it greatly involves that"

Denathdar woke suddenly with a violent cold sweat all over. He was breathing deeply
    He tried to take stock on the dream, it was Uskper again - he wanted something ... pointing to - Denathdar realised then and there what he was pointing to and that sent a shudder running up his spine. He could not get to sleep for the rest of the night.

15. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Aeleth had fallen asleep comfortably on the tree’s branch when he felt several presences approaching his location, he knew what he had to do, that is, wait until the supposed enemies show up, but not long enough, he realized one of those presences was Dyami’s, it was strange, wasn’t he following them? “They must have taken the long road” The elf thought to himself.

Soon enough, the company arrived; since Dyami had last felt his presence not far away from the tree he was at, she had an approximate idea of where he was, so when Lunalath invited everyone to her home, he just climbed the tree down to the floor and rejoined the company.

“Ah, a restricting spell” Thought Aeleth as he walked through the door and walked towards the dining room where he sat at the table, opened his pouch and took a slice of a special kind of bread he knew how to prepare.

He was eating when Aelor sat by his side; and after showing a certain degree of shame by covering his face with his hands, he talked to Aeleth:

'I'm sorry, if I have acted like a fool towards you Aeleth. I just...eh...well. It's Dyami. I can't explain what I feel, but it makes my head spin. I feel angry about no-things, as long as it has something to do with Dyami... I guess I should say I'm jealous''

Aelor then grinned, Aeleth knew what the exact thoughts of the other elf were, but he didn’t quite know what to tell him at the moment, it had been long since Aeleth was interested in anybody, least about a female; so he just grinned back, showing Aelor that he had taken no offence, he had had much worse than that in the past.

He then overheard Luna speaking about Nuitari, spell books and something that caught his attention:

''But I cannot tell you what the man was talking about. It is not because I just don't want to (not that I'd like to chare my secrets...), but because it's the will of Nuitari. He does not wish me to tell of this task to anyone, even Svartnir had no idea of my goal...and yes, I admit it, my purpose on this trip is not to wake Svartnir from the dead... But he will be resurrected! It's just not my task, its Aelor’s task and his reason to be on this trip. I will make sure my beloved will be brought back to life, but it is not my priority. I just wish that you forgive me for being so mysterious, but I can't just blabber about these things.
    Yet, I can promise, you have not been fooled in anything, we are after the artefacts; I am not going to betray you and this task of mine should not endanger your life when it becomes more topical.''

Aeleth had heard all he needed to, this was a treasure hunting trip and that would be good to relief his mind from the crushing grief that followed him as if it was his shadow; but there was more, who was Svartnir? Aeleth knew better than trying to take anybody from the afterlife, he had seen many -now forgotten- sects attempting to do that and suffering an unspeakable fate.

Aeleth was almost caught in his thoughts when Dyami spoke to Aelor: “I know this is late… but I am… sorry for my words when I lost my temper.”

Then she gave Aelor a nod and went to sleep; Aeleth just leaned back on the chair, robed himself with his thick, heavy blue velvet cloak and –always ready to fight anything off in a split-second- fell asleep.

16. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath felt she could not keep the food inside so she apologized the others and said she would go to her chaimber. She went the stairs upstairs without showing any signs of weakness, she knew that someone of her companions might be paying attention to her. But as soon as she reached her room and closed the door, she stumbled backwards and fell to her chair.
    My baby...how I miss your father. He will be so proud of you.. You will be our first son.. Maybe our only. she thought in her mind and started weeping. She didn't know how to survive the journey with her child. She had been carrying it for a good while and her stomach had started to get round, only her thick robe prevented others to see it grow. It would only a matter of time before they would notice though...
    But no matter how Lunalath missed Svartnir, who was supposed to be her husband, she knew she had work to do. So she went to her table and started to make preparations for the teleportation spell. She knew others wanted to know more details, but she had said that they could wait. Now she had work to do.

''It's alright'', Aelor started. He looked at Dyami with his green eyes and continued:
    ''I should apologize you instead. I should think more of what I speak. I hope we still have trust...my friend?''

17. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The air was thick and heavy over field as a company of men rode swiftly over the down the road that connected Solanthus to the east. They were making their way east, to the sea where a group of ships was to pick them up. They had been ordered to move by General Voltavian during the night, and their camp had been packed well before dawn. Though the day was gloomy their hearts were not downcast because Voltavian had made arrangements for them to have accommodations at Thelgaard and Caergoth, though none of them knew how this had been arranged. It was never easy to find willing accommodations for a company of foreign soldiers too large to be trusted and too small to pressure. Yet accommodations that had, or would have, with only a few nights under the stars on the whole journey. Among them, only Voltavian had any idea of the great preparations that had been made for their present venture. When anyone had the courage to speak to him about such matters, which was rare, he would simply reply vaguely about “some diplomacy or other on the part of the Count.”
    That was always the answer for a soldier of Ghorr. “In the name of the Count, by the leave of the Count, with the good will of the Count, on behalf of the Count,” were sayings that they had heard so many times that it had ceased to bother them that they had never seen an actual count. Most of their orders came from Voltavian. The connected amoung them could sometimes manage to trace the order back to Miri Dedrix. Of him they knew that he was Caretaker of the Estate, which in name was the highest position one could have in Ghorr (below the actual Count of course). In theory Miri managed the lands of Ghorr and took care of meanial leadership tasks that were to wearisome for someone of such esteem as Count Vladonil.
    Yet it was years upon years since anyone had even seen the Count as far as they knew. He supposedly kept cloistered up in his castle in the mountains, which few people had had seen and even fewer had entered. And Miri seemed to run things as he liked, always in the name of the Count. Yet as soldiers, they took such matters as beyond them and focused on their duty; to march when Voltavian said march, to fight when Voltavian said fight, and to die when Voltavian said die. And now they had been told that they were riding to Caergoth, where the more informed of them knew that from there they would be taken south by sea and their journey home shortened.
    At least those were the plans that Voltavian had given his officers. He had left a commander to lead the less “wholesome” of his forces (namely orcs, mercinaries, and creatures such as the tralamines) south over land. After all, the Count’s name would be tarnished if they knew that his forces were littered with such filth.

18. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    They had been riding for hours when Voltavian had called them to a halt to give the horses a break, and also because he felt an presence, in the air, flying rapidly towards him. Soon it was directly over head and there could be no mistake who it was.

“Tell the men to secure everything immediately and kneel”, was the order given to a senior officer.

“PRESENT!” Was yelled, which was the command for that action.

The men quickly secured their animals and gear and got on one knee and bowed their heads to the ground.. To their surprise, Voltavian did too. It was not long before they saw a black object surfacing from the clouds, descending in slow long circles. It was a griffon of course (the royal griffons of Ghorr were all black). At length the rider made his final approach and then landed his beast. Which he then road like an awkward horse to where Voltavian was kneeling.

“Lord Caretaker, we are greatly humbled by your presence, how may we serve you?” Few men had ever seen Voltavian so abjectly meek before.

“Lord General, you have something for me”, said Miri who was rather crass and not in the mood for the normal formalities that behooved such a circumstance.

“Yes lord, I received it last night. I know you must be weary of the filthy stench of my men, shall we remove ourselves from them to discuss it?” Miri nodded and urged his griffon away from the main group, Voltavian followed a step behind until they were out of ear shot.

“Where is the stone?”

“I have it here. I believe that our prey was under its influences for quite some time. As I meditated last noon I felt a tremor as a presence left the stream of clamor and one again as a presence not long thereafter. It was as if a strong voice was silenced from the eternal choir. This stone has the runes of a sect of the tower. You know better than I what it does. So you also know that the use of such a stone can cause the dampening of one’s abilities, namely magical abilities. Last night my raiding party returned this object to me. Feel its aura, it was most certainly used yesterday, yesterday around noon if I am not mistaken.”

“And what of that?”, said Miri, already guessing the point but making the old general go on anyway.

“I believe that this stone was used to snuff out the power of the mage Lunaleth. For this reason it most certainly contains her signature. I have focused on that signature and I believe I know where she is at this very moment.”

“How can you be sure that this is the mage’s signature. How do you know that the tremor you felt was caused by her powers being drained by the stone?”

“We know, lord, that the dark mages have organized bands of mercenaries to capture her. How they found out about what she carries I do not know, but that’s beside the point. I know from the report I was given from the raid that just before the tralamine squad found the group there had been a struggle. I know that the time I felt the voice rejoin the great choir was very close to that time. Also, one of the tralamines grabbed this stone from that area where the group was. And also, the range of power required to create tremors like that would fit our mage. This is the stone my lord, and we have her signature.”

“You are very clever my good general. The Count will be most pleased. I take it you have the signature in your mind now?”

“Yes my lord”

“Then I will take this stone back to the Count will be most pleased. She will never elude us again. Never!” He chuckled as he said this.

“My lord?”

“Yes, what is it?”

“Does this change my orders?”

“Not for now. Continue on with your men. You know to be ready. Oh, I almost forgot. The spies you have left in this country, are they in place yet?”

“They are my lord, and our network is growing. We know what is happening in every city in the North” Though he suspected that Miri already knew that.

“Excellent. Everything is working just as I told you it would.”

“Yes, lord. Oh there is one thing I neglected to mention, my leige. There was another disturbance in the stream that you must have felt. It was as if out of the many voices one began to scream. It suddenly lept up, overwhelming everything around it. Then it slowly tapered off into the evening. The orcs reported some demonic beast that appeared out of nowhere, and some of the tralamines had strange wounds. We must be cautious.”

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  19. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Mass teleportation?? Dyami cringed at the idea. It meant a lot of trust to Luna, and trust into magic…. Yet, at the same time, she knew it was an idea that these new and unknown enemies would probably not think about, and even if they did, it would be nearly impossible to predict where the group would go.

Again, the temptation to just leave and go back to war-chasing came to her…. It was not like she wanted any treasure that was at the end. And, there was a good chance this group would fall apart and all would simply go back to their lives… but… Dyami knew well enough that there was also the possibility for the group to stay together or, in stark contrast, be destroyed completely. And she also knew that many of the members were not fully understood to her…. If she left, she would never know….. and, although she hated to admit it, she would always wonder what happened….

While she thought, the others finished their morning meal and Luna left (The signs were getting more obvious that Luna, was in fact….. Right now, that does not matter). As Dyami stared of into the distance expanse of her own mind, Aelor turned to her. ''It's alright'', Aelor started. He looked at Dyami with his green eyes and continued: ''I should apologize to you instead. I should think more of what I speak. I hope we still have trust...my friend?''

Dyami couldn’t help but smile…. Yes, leaving now would mean never knowing what would happen next to these people. “You do, good Aelor. And yes, I think we have been through enough to deem each other friends.” She said while offering her hand in friendship. After a moment of speaking with Aelor, she decided to address everyone else while they still sat around the table.

“Out of all the options, I think Luna’s works best to our advantage. If the rest agree to her plan, I will follow.” … For now at least… After, Dyami listened and conversed with the rest about plans on leaving and tactics. After everyone’s opinions were brought up, they agreed on a way to depart.

(OOC: I left it open for those who want to put in their ideas and opinions on leaving… traveling… dangers…. Who this enemy is… etc etc etc.)

20. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The rest of the group was still having a conversation in the kitchen , when Lunalath went back to downstairs. They looked at her when she said:
    ''I'm ready. Dack, Chris, Aelor and Denathdar, come with me. You will go first. The rest of you, stay here and relax, this will take a while. After the process I need to rest for a while after I can send the others... I though it would be wise to send our strongest fighters ahead, and a mage too. I hope no one disagrees with me'' Without waiting for others reply, she turned around to escort them to the correct room.

Aelor got up from his chair and quickly grabbed his bag from the ground and followed after Lunalath. As he got to the strairs, he looked at Dyami once more and smiled warmly. Then he followed Lunalath to her working chaimber. It was perhaps the biggest room in the house; full of bookshelves stuffed with books and different magic components. At the center of the room was a ring made of salt. It was big enough for all of them to step in it.
    After everything was set, Luna started the chant and soon they went spinning and spinning around until Aelor didn't know up from down and though his stomach would find it hard to keep the breakfast in... But soon the magical travel was over and they were all standing (or lying) on the ground. As Aelor looked around, he saw few trees every here and there. The Khalkist mountains were on his left and the ocean was somewhere far on his right.
    As they had agreed, they started to make a camp, 'cause they had to wait for the others to arrive before they could continue their travel. They also made some preparation if some hostile creature desided to attack them.

As the spell was finally over, Lunalath colapsed to ground and breathed heavily. She didn't have any powers left to make a spell to see if everything went alright. She was too tired even to get up from the ground, so she just fell asleep where she had fallen.
    Nyla came to the room after hearing the spell end. She lifted Lunalath from the ground and placed her comfortably to the big chair. The white haired mage wasn't heavy at all. While lifting her though, Nyla couldn't help but to notice how round her stomach had become. The heavy velvet robe had covered it very well, but Nyla could now see that Luna had to be over five months pregnant. It might become a problem in the future, she though. Especially if this baby would die at some point and the protecting mom would decide to take revenge on the group. Nyla decided to keep an eye on her...

When Lunalath finally woke up, she noticed the day was already turning to evening. She noticed Nyla and Dyami sitting in the chamber with her, looking at the room and its wonders. Luna felt amused by their curiosity towards her magical belongings. At the same time she felt reliefed that they would never know even half of what they were to be used for. As far as she knew herself, these people really had no idea what kind of person she really was.
    ''I need to start making preaparations now...'' she said and rised from the chair. ''We should be there before the dark falls. We need to find a safer place than the one the first part of our group landed.'' Dyami and Nyla didn't seem to have anything to argue with that. Dyami helped her to organize her scrolls while she spread the salt. Nyla went downstairs to get Aeleth. Soon they were all gathered and were standing in the ring. Lunalath started the humming and soon they felt the drifting in the air. Smoothly like the best possible tief, she put a note to Nyla's pocket and stepped out of the ring.
    ''What are you doing??'' Nyla screamed at her. She saw Lunalath standing outside the ring mist all the wild spinning, but it was too late for the other's to step out of the ring anymore. Lunalath stood in her chaimber alone.
    ''I will catch you later..'' Nyla herd her say just before everything went so spinning that she couldn't control her body anymore.

Aelor saw them materializing just before the sun started to set. He went to greet them, when he noticed that Lunalath was not with them.
    ''What went wrong?!'' he asked from them. Nyla touched her pocket and said:
    ''Nothing, she just stepped out of the ring was stayed behind.'' The note was in her pocket, with a map. The note said:

I will meet you in three days,
    no sertain place where we meet,
    I have my ways to find you.
    Follow the map.

At the bottom of the note was Lunalaths sign; black crow flying and black moon at the back.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006