RPG # 15 - Reborn

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by daraja, Sep 1, 2006.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Luna shortly called for everyone to get moving. It'd been a long time since Dack had been under a commander who required this much movement this rapidly. It felt like his early days, except that these people smelled much better than any orcs. Still, he'd grown a bit soft in his walking muscles from years of slower adventures. Luna insisted this was better, saying they could sleep all they wanted when they were dead, Dack was inclined to agree.

In just a few days they reach Solanthas. It was a fairly large city by Krynn standards. The food he ordered was good, but after what happened last time he wasn't eager to head for any of the seedier establishments. And yet despite him staying out of trouble, it still managed to find the group.

Nyla burst into the inn where they were eating and said some kind of fancy gibberish to Aelor. Dack could speak some elvish back home, but here he it was all draconic to him. When Aelor translated it looked like things were starting to pick up. Luna had been kidnapped and her magic disabled, Aelor asked Dack and Denathdar to accompany him and Nyla on a rescue mission. Dack, having about died of boredom by this point jumped at the chance for action. He only wondered where they'd gotten a relic powerful enough to nullify Luna's magic on Krynn.

2. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    After two full days of trudging they finally reached Solanthus. Denathdar felt his body opposing the sudden change fitness demand and it annoyed him; but, the reward would be well worth it. He had not had a repeat of the dream at the cave and forgot about it quickly, pondering about other things instead. He focussed on the other members in his group, never having the chance to understand them better until now. There was a minotaur, an elf warrior with splendid armour, a stout human warrior who seemed friendly enough, a small assasin who looked like she could slit your throat easily, the dark elf, hunter elf and another warrior elf, or was he a half-elf?

The group reached Sloanthus and Lunalath lead them to an inn called the Running Dragon. Denathdar was nicely settling down when Nyla returned from her walk with Dyami and Lunalath. She rushed into the inn and talked quickly to Aelor, Denathdar didn't hear what was said. She then turned to the rest of the group to explain.

''It's Dyami and Luna. Some problem with some thugs. It seems they took Luna by using some stone that dispelled her magical abilities. Nyla says Dyami followed them. Dack, Denathdar, will you come with us? You rest stay here and look after our equipments. Nyla dear, show us where they went.''

Denathdar was quick to oblige, perhaps too quick as he tripped over one of the table-legs in the process. This sent him falling straight into the back of the inn door. He cursed and got back up again rubbing his now sore head. "Damn, that's going to make a mark". He didn't look back as he gathered his robe around him and hurried after Aelor, Dack and Nyla.

3. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami welcomed the quickened speed. True, it was a bit tiring by the end of the second day, but it allowed her to watch the others (and especially the newcomers) handle the stress, and gave her a chance to foresee any troubles the group may have. Plus, the difficulty of the journey made talk uncomfortable for all… which was good since Dyami still hasn’t spoken with Aelor since, and was still unsure how to approach the depressed half-elf.

Finally, they reached Solanthus. It was a beautiful city; a perfect place to get all the supplies they would need, and more. Dyami as usual, made sure to hide her unnatural looks and willed her cloak to take on the colour of dingy grey so as to attract even less attention. They found a cozy Inn to use as a meeting place and a place to stay then went their separate ways. To her surprise, Nyla invited her and Luna to go for a walk and search for provisions together so they could get to know each other better. Although walking amongst so many people was quite an irritation for Dyami, she decided not to give up this opportunity. Talk was little, but that was not out of any awkwardness between the women, but a love of silence was words enough. And, because of everyone’s less-then-white nature, the more heavily populated roads were avoided and the stuck to the more-or-less abandoned laneways (Why not? They could take care of themselves if anyone was stupid enough to attack).

After some words and some silence, Dyami asked if Nyla had any proper training, and if so, where. Dyami knew of most schools of the assassin nature, and would understand the masked elf a lot more if she had such training. But, before Nyla could answer, Dyami motioned for silence as she sensed that there were others watching them… waiting… an ambush??!? As she thought the words, the hidden thugs came and attacked. Dyami decided to play down her fighting style and only used her rapier to attack/defend (No need to draw more attention to one’s self if possible). Then, something even more unexpected happened: as Luna charged for a relatively small attack-spell, one of the larger men pulled out an odd, stone-like item and pointed it to the black mage…. A searing light came forth, and Luna dropped to her knees. “My… my powers!” Luna said, looking with shock and surprise at the magic-stealing item the man had grasped within his fingers.

“Take the mage alive, do what you will to the other two.” He said and then the men came forth again, with more strength and vigor… It seems that Dyami was not the only one holding back. Dyami and Nyla were horribly outnumbered but that meant little to the two assassins. What concerned Dyami more was the nature of these attackers: It was uncommon, but not unheard of for talented scum to attack specifically mages, and steal their powers and items. Or… were they with that long-eared fellow… It was difficult to say. If it was the latter, then this may be an opportunity…. As Dyami ran through her options, a lightning-fast man (probably aided by some magically-enhanced device) grabbed Luna in the midst of the scuffle, and ran off with her.

As Nyla went to dash onward to save the defenseless mage, Dyami shot out an arm to bar the way. “No, we don’t know who or what we’re dealing with, yet. Nyla, go get the others for backup. I’ll tail them and leave a trail for you to follow." Although surprised, Nyla nodded and the bandits came to attack once again. But before anyone could land a strike, Dyami threw down a smoke-screen powder so that the assassins could make a stealthy escape (It was an old Shadowblade trick… no magic involved, but quite useful from time to time).

With Nyla gone, Dyami tracked the scum to a shady part of town. As she did so, she made sure not to be seen, and left scratches in the walls so that a being with good eyes and was looking for them, would know where she was going. Finally, her prey stopped at a large, but nondescript building, and dragged Luna inside. Dyami made her way to one of the upper levels where a window was conveniently boarded (good for hiding behind, but able to see through). Making sure not to cast a shadow or make any sudden movements, Dyami watched to see what would happen next… If for a moment Dyami thought Luna’s life would be at risk, she would jump in and do what she can to get the mage out…

But for now… all she wanted to know was the true nature of these men.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  4. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    They dragged Lunalath inside a house and took her to the upper floor. There they pushed her against a wall and ordered her to sit down on the floor. Lunalath looked at them fiercely and got a msack on her cheeck for that. But she still didn't sit down. The man that had taken her, shrugged his shoulders and oppressed the stone in his hands as if to find comfort and strength.
    ''You have something that we need, which. You will have on opportunity to give it to us. And remember, your tricks wont work here.''
    Lunalath grinned and wondered what it was that these men ment exactly. It was just so common for fools to talk about mysteries to a person with multible secrets. Was she supposed to know which one he was speaking of since she had no idea who these men were. The man looked at Luna in fustration and yelled with a high voice:
    ''The book, the book about the hidden artefacts! Were there is talk about the blu- -''
    ''I burned it'', Lunalath said quickly before the man finished his sentence. She felt Dyami's presence and she knew the female was listening. The fool had almost revealed her goal. And how the hell did these idiots know about it?? There was only one chase for that...some of her mage colligues must be after her. But who? She had no idea.
    ''Bu-burned? You fool! You! You...you remember what the book said don't you? Yes, ofcourse you do. Otherwise you wouldn't be here now, heading towards your goal,''the man said and came closer. Lunalath could smell the rotten smell of his teeth on her face, but her expression never changed. She didn't even blink her eyes on the second she pulled her silver dagger out of her sleeve and slit the man's stomach, catching the stone that fell from his numb hands. With a smile she yelled:
    ''Dyami, come, let's have som fun!''
    And with those words, she sent a man flying through the wall. She thought, she would have a lot of fun with these thugs, the house was full of them.It must have been some guilt house.

It wasn't long until Nyla found Dyami's tracks. Aelor noticed Aeleth running with them also and he felt anger that the elf hadn't done as he had told him to do. He hated people who just did as they wanted without listening any orders or advices (wasn't he like that himself?).
    They reached the house just in time to see a man flying through the wall and bash onto the wall on the otherside of the street.
    ''It seems she got her powers back,'' Nyla said and grinned.

5. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Billowing smoke could be seen for miles around as Miri Dedrix made his way across mounds of wreckage and ruin that had once made up the town of Renin. They hadn’t been in this town either, he thought. Renin had been a gamble of his that the group would divert their course in order to reduce their chances of being followed. It was after all the more difficult route to take and the least direct. It was the route he would have expected from someone so with such famed knowledge and skill. Yet either they did not arrive there yet or they had taken a more direct route. Perhaps he had over estimated the great Lunalath Oakleaf. Why on earth would anyone who was being sought after the whole wide world around be cheeky enough to take a direct route? Yes he was deep in thought as he approached the edge of the smoldering town.

A rider was coming up in the distance. Obviously whoever it was had a message for him or he wouldn’t have made it past the sentries. He waited patiently for him to approach.

“Lord Dedrix”, the writer called out, clearly exhausted and out of breath, “I’ve found them!” He quickly dismounted and bowed and began spouting off the intelligence that he’d gathered, not mentioning Tarone. “I’ve alerted all of our people along the route that they must have taken, I’m sure they were heading for Solanthus. They certainly weren’t equipped to go much farther than that. The Lord Voltavian is re-organizing our forces so as to make it almost certain that they will be intercepted.”

“Solanthus? Why would they want to go there? We have a description of their party that even a child could use to identify them. Even with the additional people that you’ve mentioned it would be easy. You must be joking, she would never take such a risk.”

“My lord, perhaps we have been over estimating them. Perhaps it was simply luck or some favor of the gods that landed the key in their hands.”

“When I want you opinion I will ask for it.”

“My apologies lord.”

“Go with my men and tell Voltavian to continue with his work and when he finds them to kill them all. We don’t want hostages, only the key. You can also tell him that we’ve been listening in on the council of mages and know that they’ve equipped mercenary thugs to way lay the group. He should be able to make use of them.”

“Yes lord.”

Then he added to himself, I’ll have that key easier than I thought.

6. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Solanthus... it truly was a magnificent city. But he had no time to sightsee. Who knew long they would stay here, now with them having such a tight scedule and all. Chris had quite a few errands to run. A new knife, a few patches up on his axe, maybe a chainmail shirt, who knows?, today Chris felt like a big spender :).

While the others reported to an inn, something about a dragon... the pissing dragon? Chris let a guffaw slip through his ussually tight lip. But now he got back to work as he searched for a prostgious looking smithery. He finally settled on a homey looking store called Xaners Weapons and Armor, and there was a picture carved into wood of a hammer hiitting an iron anvil.

As he entered a tall stocky muscular dwarf, or at least tall by dwarf standards, and beside him was an uncormfortable looking human, who seemed to be the dwarfs apprentice. "and what can i be getting you today, fine ser?" the dwarf asked in a stern steady voice.

"well it'd be nice if you could get me a chain haurmbrek, a knife, and if you could restore my axe." Chris said matching his tone.

The dwarf slapped the human on the back of his head. "You 'eard em boy!" with that the human rushed to the back room, while the dwarf came to look at his axe. "Ooi this is in pretty bad shape. I'll coat it with some adamant and you'll be all set 'k?" Chris nodded. Soon the dwarf was done restoring the axe, and they only had to wait for the freckle plauged apprentice.

SeveraL MINUTES later, the apprentice came out with a minotaur sized haumbrek and a human sized 'sword, which would serve as his dagger,

(sorry for the typos, i broke my right arm and now only have one hsand to type with)

7. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ''The book, the book about the hidden artifacts! Were there is talk about the blu- -''

''I burned it'', Lunalath said quickly before the man finished his sentence…. Odd… Dyami thought: blue what? It seemed Luna was hiding something from Dyami; if not the rest of the group… Dyami would have to find out what. Seconds later, Luna turned the tables and gutted the man with her dagger and grabbed hold of the magical item, along with her restored powers. ''Dyami, come, let's have some fun!'' She shouted with dark triumph.

Dyami couldn’t help but smirk at the idea… A chance to sharpen her skills was always welcome. The wood splintered everywhere and she threw her bodyweight through the boarded window and into the fray. Before she could start fighting though, she dodged a few attacks and made her way on what seemed to be the second in command (the leader obviously dead or dying). Not pulling out any weapons, Dyami dodged his first blow and instead got in reach and touched of part of his neck, his arm, his wrist, then the heart-area of the chest. After making the swift, light movements, Dyami stepped back as the man fell to his knees… pressure points… that specific move would keep a man unconscious for nearly half-a-day. Dyami made sure to kick him safely to the side as she was going to interrogate him later… now, it was time for fun.

Pulling out her rapier, and a large dagger, Dyami spun around in the dance of death, killing many who thought they could take her, until she reached Luna, and became back-to-back, with the black mage…. Dyami could sense the others coming… she would have to speak quickly. “Lunalath, we need to speak alone after this.” Dyami said in a calm, serious tone.

“… About?” Luna said, between spells, trying to act innocent.

“You know exactly what; and I want to know the truth.” Dyami answered between kills… It was all she could say before the rest arrived and joined the fight… with all others there, the battle ended quickly after.

Now…. to question the mage…. And if she refuses to give answers, interrogate the new prisoner.

8. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    The group ran down the streets following Nyla to the alley where she left Luna and Dyami to get help. No one spoke as they were all readying themselves for the coming battle. Denathdar thought, how many where there, and what did they want. They must be more than simple thieves with the presence of the magical trinket used to block Luna's powers. They had a purpose, and we must stop it. Denathdar started to mutter a few words, readying a spell of telekenisis.

Nyla stopped suddenly, looked around, then proceeded down an alleyway, there were signs of a struggle as they ran down it. As they neared the end of the alley they came upon what was made out to be a battered old door hidden in the shadows. Denathdar guaged it and realised that it could probably be more stronger than it seemed. He felt annoyed at having to waste his spell but it was certainly needed.

"Ok, let me handle the door."

He walked over quickly and tried to push it down, but all he got in reply was a rude electric shock, the door was trapped. He stepped back and bowed his head slightly in concentration, finishing the incantation. He quickly disarmed the magick trap and sent a force of mind straight into the centre of the door, it blasted open through the fury of the spell. Denathdar felt drained slightly and motioned the others to run on before him.

"I shall wait here and regain for another spell, go on, they need your help!"

9. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    "General Voltavian! They've arrived!" a young messenger ran up to the general as he was sitting under a tree by a nice quiet stream.

He was fond of streams and liked to sit by them and reflect. "Who?" asked the generally, a bit gruffly for having his thoughts disturbed.

"The thieves sir."

With that the old general jumped up. "So they've made it here at last." It appeared that Miri was wrong about the detour. He wondered if a message had already been sent to him. "Where are they?"

"In town taking care of some shopping, however the latest reports sent to me speak of some trouble. The group seems to have expanded."

Expanded eh? Voltavian thought to himself, she's banking on safety in numbers. "We'll send the tralamines in at once and kill them all and sort things out later. The theives were very careless to come here."

"Uhhh… tralamines sir?”

“Is something wrong soldier?”

“Sir with all due respect…Solanthus IS a city sir, they are likely to endanger hundreds"

"Is their something wrong with your ears man!? NOW GET GOING!" A loud sound like a peel of lighting

"Yes General!" The messenger shouted and ran off. Kicking himself for saying anything.

Meanwhile other things were stirring in town. Luna was kidnapped and half the group had bounded off to save her. After a time they were able to find her by the tremendous noise she was making. Denethdar had just blown open the door and they were all about to rush in when they heard the sound of a woman scream!

It was a voice of terror mixed with total agony. The sound was mingled with many shouts of panic and strange barking followed, as if the hounds of hell had broken free and were feasting on the living. Suddenly there was a rush of people, almost like a riot but they were all fleeing something.

Aeleth swung around just in time to see huge creatures springing from the street and down from the roof tops. One of them had on a group of children cornered. They were of a kind Aeleth had never seen before. They walked on four hideous feet like a lizard but they had no scales. Their skin was brownish, the color of vomit. They walked with arched backs, which had line of short black plated spikes lined across their spines. This armor spread out over their heads, plating their faces and snouts. They had eight blood red eyes that were wild with the joy of killing. At their mouths they have two giant pincers and who knows what other teeth were concealed behind them. Each of their claws had three talons: two in the front and one in the back. They looked like a combination of demonic rat and hideous bug.

They would run like dogs or cats but then they would spring at the sides of buildings and crawl around like a spider on a wall. They varied in size from a large dog to and adult tiger. And Aeleth watched in horror as one of the wretched beast pounced the foremost child and snapped off its head, the others screaming as they ran away. Other beasts were pouncing on man, woman, and child alike. Their hideous barking was maddening to hear.

From out of nowhere a mage of some sort ran into the melee. “POW” What looked like a lightening bolt sprang from his hands and struck one of these foul things down. Then getting up with no real injuries it lunged and killed him. It was obvious that they had some resistance to magic. These creatures were going to have to be taken out by brute force. Out of the din the sound of harsh croaking laughter was heard as orcs walked into the midst of the chaos but were not attacked. They seemed to be guiding these fell creatures.

“Run! Run you little insects before we feast on your pink guts!”

10. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack finished cutting down the last of the bandits when trouble found them again. The little bastards were some of the ugliest things he'd seen, but he'd fought lizard things before. That's when he was hit with the first curve ball. Out of no where some mage appeared, trying to kill off the monsters, his spell had no effect and he was quickly torn apart. The orcs that accompanied the little horrors didn't improve matters either.

Dack's sword was hungry now, and these things were killing civilians, people who had no chance to defend themselves. Dack rushed into the fray, the first orc to cross his path lost his head before he knew Dack was there, the nearest lizard thing wasn't so stupid. It dashed at the elf, but it made it's moves easy to read. Dack dodged and slashed cutting through one of it's wicked tusks. The thing reared back in pain, giving Dac the opening he needed to put a hole in it's neck.

He kicked his sword loose, but he didn't have time to celebrate, there were lots of these things, and only a few of them. Dack knew the town guards would be alerted soon; he didn't have time to wait though. Dack entered a mild battle fury, not worrying about it his strikes killed or only maimed to monsters. He was getting too far out from the others, he thought about cutting his way back to them, but something was happening in his mind.

The more he fought, the more innocent live he saw being taken. As a result his battle fury grew deeper, turning into a berzerker fury. He was losing control of something he'd only unleashed once before in Krynn. He couldn't afford to let his demons control him here, not with all these people's lives at stake, but he had a feeling, soon enough, he wouldn't have a choice in the matter...

11. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    After their little incident, the company started their journey again under Lunalath’s command; Aeleth thought he had now found the boss of the group.

It took them two days to finally reach Solanthus, and when they did, they headed for the inn, where they accorded to stay.

Then Aelor entered and said that Luna and Dyami were in trouble and that the others were to wait and take care of all the gear.

“All I know is that a friend is in trouble and I can’t just remain sitting here.” Aeleth thought to himself.

So then he proceeded to the street but instead of going straight to where Dyami and Lunalath were being kept, he went to the alley and wall-kicked reaching higher each time until he reached the roof.

“This is more like it.” Aeleth thought as he made his way from one rooftop to another; he was guided towards the building by deliberately made markings on the wooden walls.

As he reached the building, he saw a man being tossed across the street and hitting the wall on the other side, so he guessed Lunalath had recovered her powers. He was about to approach further when he saw five suspiciously looking people hurrying towards the building with swords in hand so he decided to take a little target practice and he performed a technique he had perfected in his solitude; he closed his eyes and guided by the presence of the men alone, drew his bow and it sung its deadly song for five seconds, when Aeleth opened his eyes, the enemies had all fallen by an arrow either in the throat, in one eye or between them depending on Aeleth’s choice.

Then, he jumped from that rooftop to the roof of the building where all the fighting was taking place and broke into by jumping on the skylights startling its inhabitants, one of them rushed at him full charge, all Aeleth had to do was dodge the attack by turning around, unsheathe his sword and pierce his heart from behind.

He then proceeded to the lower floor, where Lunalath and Dyami were dispatching those grunts, so he headed for the door; he was there when Denathdar broke into by smashing the door, it was then when Aeleth heard that, it was a cry of terror, mixed with the voice of death; he knew something terrible was approaching, he unsheathed his swords and stepped into the street as many most ferocious terribly looking creatures began to wreak havoc and kill people as they went, one of them had killed a child and was about to do it again, so Aeleth drew his bow and shot at it from behind, which resulted in a bounced off arrow, the creature had a plate covering its head and spine, he had to put away his bow and take both swords in a split second as a second creature pounced him from a wall; he dodged the attack, but right after he did so, the creature slashed him cutting his left leg; as the creature did so, Aeleth hacked the creatures paw with all his strength almost severing it, the creature made a terrifying cry of pain and anger and attacked Aeleth with its pincers; he deflected every blow with his swords but he was running out of space real quick as the creature led him towards the wall behind him, it was obvious that it wanted to finish Aeleth off by cornering him, he needed to think of something real quick.

His back was almost against the wall when he felt the weight of another of these monsters crashing down on his shoulders, Aeleth did all that he could to keep the beast from crushing his neck with its sharp as steel pincers when he saw the other one ready to pounce him then out of nowhere Chris plowed into its side knocking it off balance; with a supreme effort, Aeleth thrust the second creature off of him on top of the first and then he stabbed its upturn throat down to the guard of his sword, severing its spinal cord and sending a rain of blood into the air and splashing Aeleth all over as he twitched and took off his weapon killing the mighty beast instantly.

He had just dispatched a creature that, surprisingly, he had never seen before, and that was very rare, considering Aeleth’s age and his travels around the world, nevertheless he had too little time to think only the lapse of time a bolt of lightning lasts had passed when the creature from below shook its companion from its back and prepared to attack Aeleth, there were more creatures around, this would be everything but an easy task.

12. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    "I shall wait here and regain for another spell, go on, they need your help!"

Then, just as Denathdar had blasted down the door, the afternoon air was greeted by a woman's high-pitched scream. This was then answered by more screams of terror and a sound that almost sounded like hounds barking - only more terrible. Then the storm erupted, a great tumult of people began running about scared out of their lives, running from this unknown horror. Denathdar decided to see what the commotion was, so he ran quickly to the edge of the alley and into the street. It was then he saw them.

"Oh dear, this is not good."

They were terrible creatures, and wreacked havoc where-ever they went. Not stopping to discriminate who they killed, Denathdar saw one kill both a baby and its mother in one fell swoop. Denathdar knew he had to think quickly, and began to invoke a spell of mindwave when he saw a fellow mage. This mage shot forth a terrible arc of lightning towards one of the creatures, a spell designed to rend and destroy. Denathdar was pleased when he saw it blasted away, but then realisation that made his heart faint as he saw the creature bound back to kill the mage. They were resistant to magic, and as far as he could see powerful fighters. Take it cautiosly, he said to himself, just as one of the creatures turned to face him and began to advance.

Denathdar unseashed a spell that sent a batch of nearby barrels onto the creature stopping it for a moment. Enough time for him to unsheath his runed dagger and ready a few little artifacts to help. The creature upped itself and ran towards Denathdar, it leaped and took him to the ground quickly. About to execute the final blow, the creature was met by a small vial to its face which surrounded its eyes with flame. Giving Denathdar enough time to pull out from its grasp and get some space from it.

The creature flailed at its eyes for a moment and then suddenly the flame left and it was back to focussing on Denathdar. Without hesitation it quickly lunged again, but Denathdar was prepared and leapt to get out of the way. With a price, the creature managed to swipe at Denathdar's left arm which made him cry out in pain as it left a huge, deep cut. Turning to face him, the creature was greeted by a force spell ramming it against the wall. As it slid to the bottom, unable to move, Denathdar gathered what strength he had remaining and walked purposefully towards the creature - runed dagger raised high. He brought it down into what was probably the creature's neck and rendered it silent.

Denathdar exhaled deeply and examined his new wound, it was at least an inch deep and ten inches long on his upper left arm. He cursed and turned his gaze towards the creature and promptly collapsed unconscious from the pain. The Darkness enveloped ...

13. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    . “Lunalath, we need to speak alone after this.” Dyami said in a calm, serious tone.

“… About?” Luna said, between spells, trying to act innocent even thought she cursed hardly in her mind. She hated to counter persons who saw through owious things and sought for the truth.

“You know exactly what; and I want to know the truth.” Dyami answered between kills… It was all she could say before the rest arrived and joined the fight… with all others there, the battle ended quickly after.
    Dyami looked at Lunalath with a serious expression and Luna could do nothing but shrug her shoulders and sigh. She was just about to open her mouth when a terrible scream came from the streats. Luna run to the window and looked at the terrific creature's in amazement. Slowly she backed from the window and mumbled to herself:
    ''We're in big trouble...'' She turned to Dyami who was just looking out of the window and said:
    ''We will have this discussion, if we survive this battle alive. Now, I need your help, we need to gather the others and get out of here as quickly as possible!''
    Aelor, who had just entered the upstairs took Luna from the hand and said:
    ''We have to help these people, those creatures--''
    ''Will slaughter us if we don't escape. This city has it's own guards, this city survived from the attacks of Mina when she was still in power, there is not much we could do. Besides I think these creatures are after us, they might follow us if we leave, quickly!''
    ''But wont they follow us even though we leave the city?''
    ''They will, but I have a plan'', Luna said and grinned. They just got down stairs when one of the monsters came in the guildhouse.
    ''Shit.''

Nyla and Aelor split up, Aelor heading to upstairs and Nyla to the streat to look for the others. The terrible screams of agony and terror echoed in the air. All the memories of her home being destroyed rushed back to her mind. This time, she would fight harder she swore to herself. She saw a mage running down the streat and bursting a spell towards the creature's but it had no effect, shortly the mage was killed.
    Nyla saw Denathdar fighting and winning, but then he passed out. Nyla rushed to him and started to drag the unconsious mage from the steaming battle field. But then a creature came behind her, she could feel it and she slashed it with her sword just in time to reflect it's attack. But she didn't know if she had enough skills to actually kill it. Without wondering it any further, she jumped up, to the creatures back and stinged with her swrods, trying to find the weak spots.

14. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Finally some fighting! Chris thought as he plowed down one of the clawed freaks, cutting into it with his restored axe. AND AMONG THE BEASTS were some orcs. And he wasn't called 'orcbane' for nothing. But suddenly he felt a pair of razor sharp claws stab into the back of neck, and soon he was down on the groun, greatly injuried, and still with 3 of the things ripping up his flesh.

With the last of his stregngth he stood up, sendin the monsters to the ground. He was then helped by Aeleth, who dispatched two of the 'ug,ug' thingies. By then he was back in fighting stregnth and stance. With that, Aeleth and Chris ran into a group swinging and killing as they went.

Chris noticed the others, who were doing well themselves. But he had guessed that. MOST of his companions had proven themselves except of couse for some of the new recruits. Somehow he knrew they'd win the battle, and hell, maybe, just maybe the war,

15. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    …The clash was almost over... Although her fighting didn’t waver, Dyami couldn’t help but wonder what exactly was Luna hiding…. Blue what?? This was very concerning for Dyami… especially since in her country, she was very well known as the Blue Demon of the Shadowblades.

Most of the opposition were leaving now, and just before she could take a moment to relax, something grated Dyami’s senses like nails on glass. She quickly went to the window and lo and behold another nuisance: giant, bug-like rats. Even though she has read many books on dimensions and the creatures that dwell within them, she could not recognize this particular vermin. Luna clamed that they should flee the city and let the locals sort out the rodent problem. Usually, Dyami would agree… but these things were definitely after them. Therefore, it’s not the city’s problem; it is theirs.

Even so, Luna couldn’t escape the bugrats even if she wanted too. Soon, the group was getting separated and others, such as Denathdar (who Dyami could see out the window) decided to fight instead or run anyway. The creatures were climbing up the side of the walls… It was easy enough to aim her daggers at the wall to cause the cheap plaster to crumble, giving her a few moments longer to decide what to do herself. Dyami could hear the sound of someone coming up the stairs, and below, Nyla fought desperately to help the fallen Denathdar. That’s it, a decision was made: she would help the two new party members. And with that, Dyami leaped from the window to a lower rooftop, then used her daggers to scale close enough to the fray….

Although it took quite a bit of acrobatics and sensing where the creatures would strike, Dyami finally made it to the others and fought alongside the other assassin. “Nyla, aim for their joints. Whether its’ insect or rodent, the joints are always a tender spot.” And with that, Dyami went for the ankle/leg joints of the creatures, making sure to keep them away from the mage… Dyami made sure to watch the creatures closely for any other signs of weakness. They may be able to hold their position, and the two assassins could probably escape; but Dyami knew that her aid alone was not enough to carry the dead weight of the…. snoring!?? (Of all the rotten times to be taking a nap)… Red mage.

16. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack continued his desparate battle against the monsters for some time, just barely managing to keep his rage in check. It was beginning to seem as though his fight was hopeless, he'd gotten too far out from the others, and the longer he fought the more of the wretched beasts appeared to attempt to over tkae him. Still, he couldn't unleash the beast yet, there was still some fleeting hope that he could save those people who still live in the area.

Finally he came to his advantage. He managed to dispatch two of the monsters without delay, and his sword was finally awakening. The soul drinker fed off of those it slew, using their essence to become stronger for some time. The weapon was glowing a deep crimson, and it's edge was able to pierce their thick skin with some effort allowing him to defeat more of the monsters, but no matter how many he dispatched, it wasn't enough, and finally it caught up to him.

It a lightning fast exchange one of the beasts knocked the sword from his hand, try as he might he hadn't the might to defeat these things in a contest of strength. Still he tried to keep fighting this hopeless fight. The screams around him seemed to grow louder, and soon the number of foes became too much. He was pinned to the ground by one of the creatures. It seemed like it was too late, and so Dack let go, he let his rage take over, what could it hurt now, he thought as he drifted into darkness...

Dack's eyes snapped open as the demon's wicked pincers were about to close. From outside their circle around him any surviving passers by would see the monster take flight as Dack, in a feat of stregth threw it from his form and rose again. As he stood it became cleearer Dack was some degree larger than before, and his hands were clawed. He was not nearly as powerful as someone endowed with the power of the key artifact of Kiri Jolith, but he was a much more dangerous being than the average warrior. Unfortunately, Dack was no longer in control, he lashed out at anything that moved, friend or foe...

17. Luther_the_Great

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Just as it seemed the group would be utterly overpowered. A shrill whistle tore through the air. Everything was instantly still as the tralamines paused and looked down the road at the remaining orcs. One of them was winding a high pitched whistle that caused the beasts to snap to attention. It appeared that the orcs had had their fill of fighting and were retreating as fast as they could go, which was marvelously fast. The tralamines bounded after them in confounding obedience.

No one was the least bit inclined to follow them after such a heated battle. They had injured to attend to... And Dack was lost in a mad rage attacking everyone in sight, his mind given over to an insatiable blood lust. Only craving another kill. As the monsters retreated his gaze feel upon Denathdar being drug down an alley by his two comrades. Of course the injured Aeleth and Chris made excellent targets as well. Aeleth was bleeding profusely from his leg and Chris was slashed up pretty bad. Both were getting dizzy from the loss of blood. The battle had ended too soon. They had a monster of a problem to deal with.

18. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lunalath didn't blame Dyami that she did not help Luna to gather the others to escape the city, but she did feel that Dyami was a fool who did not listen to what she had had to say. Well, it matters not. But it was sure, Luna was not going to tell her anything. She still didnät trust the halfdemoness. She didn't trust anyone of them, maybe Aelor, but that was because he really wanted his brother to be resurrected.
    ''It seems my plans aren't accepted, so you too, go away'', she said to Aelor with a wave of hand. Aelor could see she was steaming mad and didn't wish to interrupt the angry mage.
    Lunalath oppressed her fists over and over again. She mumbled the words of magick which hid her from every creature's eyes, expect the eyes of her own god, Nuitari. Then, while being invisible, she walked to the streets, just to see Dack turning into berzerk.

Aelor was really in trouble, he had no idea where he should hit the damn bug! He rolled around it, but could not find a spot. Then he herd Dyami's voice:
    “Nyla, aim for their joints. Whether its’ insect or rodent, the joints are always a tender spot.”
    It was an advice for Nyla, but Aelor took it to his heart and soon was able to kill the creature. It was then when everything seized, the creature's backed off and streets cleared of all people. Only corpses remained there. He could feel Luna's hand on his shiulder, though he could not see her. She showed her Dack, he had gone berzerk and tried to attack on everyone.

Nyla kicked the sleeping mage in the but and commanded him to wake up. The snoring mage jumped quickly up and looked at Nyla with a frown. But Nyla just grinned..

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack tore through the monsters without much trouble, in his fury he'd become far more than they could handle. Luckily most people had evactuated this area and were out of harm's way, but that wasn't true for everyone. In his eyes everything was the same, and no one was safe, his most animal instincts had taken over, and anything that moved was a threat that had to be subdued.

However it seemed he maintained some sence of his own possessions, and a tiny bit of his intellect. He quickly beat, tore, and pounded his way back to his sword which hye grabbed and began to swing with even greater fury, if vastly less skill, than he could hope to muster otherwise. Despite his enhanced brutality he eventually put the weapon away without too much trouble, seeming to prefer his clawed fists in this form.

Before he could make much of an effect on the enemy force they retreated, guided by their orc masters. Unfortunately Dack's fury didn't leave with them, he moved to lash out at the nearest person to him, an unfortunate town guard. Several more followed before Chris and Aeleth were drawn to him. The two large warriors attempted to grapple with him, but in a feat of strength he managed to loose their grip on him and toss them both away. It seemed he had them bested as far as brute strength went, they would need to think of a plan to stop him before he reach an area the townspeople hadn't evacuated.

20. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Dack continued his blood rage, and Denathdar was nicely unconscious throughout it. That was until Nyla saw this and kicked him back into reality. He awoke startled and winced immediately with the recognition that his arm was still badly cut. He grabbed a bandage and quickly applied it to the wound to stop the flow of blood. Ready to walk again he got to his feet. Looking around the damage strewn streets he noticed that an air of relative calm graced the pathways. He realised that the minions of the enemy had gone. What a relief, they were not particularly nice creatures at all.

Nyla shook Denathdar lightly and pointed towards Dack. He was out of control. Denathdar had seen this before, a fighters blood rage, unleashed only in times of need and desperation. Well the creatures were excuse enough, except now they were gone and Dack was on a rampage through the streets of Solanthus. It looked as if he was searching for more kills, and Denathdar saw that he was heading towards a group of civilians, weapon raised high for the kill. Denathdar had to act fast; but, that was hard with a gashed left arm. No matter, he searched furiosly through his pack and found what he was looking for.

It was a small vial, given to him by a distant denomination of elves. Inscribed on the front faintly were the words: Quern'ondo - Turn to stone. It was a petrification potion, and the last that he had. It would be a wary risk, but he could think of now other real way of stopping Dack fast. He saw that the other people were tired and weary, this would have to do. He hoped that one of the others had a spell or potion to turn him back to normal.

Denathdar bit his lip and found the resolve to face one of his own. He walked purposefully towards where Dack was heading. Down the street he was going to strike down a woman when Denathdar cried out to him.

"Dack! I wouldn't do that if I were you! You forget yourself!"

With those words, Dack turned to face the red-robed magician. Seeing that there was nought but a bottle in his hands he charged with inhuman speed, taking Denathdar by surprise almost. He had to dive out of the way quickly. Unfortunately he was used to diving to the left and defending with his right, he got a rude shock of pain from his left arm. Dack turned again just to see the magician down on the ground clutching his left arm, and the bottle on the ground a few feet away. He advanced slowly, kicking the bottle away down the street. Once over the cowering mage, his curved sword held high ready to strike and cleave Denathdar's head from it's resting place.

Denathdar felt helpless, he would need a miracle to save him now.

• Like Like x 1