RPG # 15 - Reborn

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by daraja, Sep 1, 2006.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    After they desided to stick to their route, they got moving once again. Dack hadn't moved this non-stop in ages. Still, he didn't mind. He knew Luna had a reason for insisting they keep moving, and there wasn't a very good defensible position near Palanthas. When they finally did stop they did so in a cave, another damn cave.

It wasn't that Dack disliked cave so much, as that they always seemed to have nasty inhabitants. He thought of the story of Kretch Dartcatcher, who grew up near a cave inhabited by a manticore. Nasty creature, but Kretch turned it to some use, eventually he became so skilled at catching the monster's needles that he could catch arrows mid flight in his sleep. Dack didn't want to test his luck in that type of situation.

Dack didn't sleep, he wasn't in the mood. He just kept thinking about what was happening. If the rumors were true he'd be going home soon. Home, he didn't know how long he'd been away, or even if the others were still alive. The way adventures there seemed to go the gods only knew how many armies of darkness and unstoppable mages had tried to take over. But he knew the others wouldn't go down like that. He couldn't wait to see everyone again...

2. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    They continued on a fast paced and non stop route for quite a while. Chris was starting to tire, but before he could complain, they stopped at a nice sized, and quite cozy cave, to rest and sleep. Well for Chris just rest. He wasn't going to sleep that night. Or for many more nights in a row. Not with that crazed elven assassian, and the new members of their group in general. If Chris died, he wanted to die in straight on combat, not having his throat slit in the middle of the night.

Chris noticed Dack didn't sleep either. Chris wondered if he wondered about the new members to, or if Dack was just thinking. Who new. But Chris was known to be overly paranoid with such things. Shrugging Chris sat back to think and light a pipe. If it was to his luck he wouldn't die of combat or of having his throat cut out, but of lung cancer. Chris laughed and shook his head.

He knew that this journey would be much different than any other he had ever been on, even the first quest he had been on with this group.

3. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    She spent a whole long time sitting beside the small river watching at the night sky. Two moons were shining, Lunitari with its blood red shine and Solinari giving a hint of its own silvery one. Lunalath couldn't see her gods, Nuitari's moon. It wasn't visible at this time of the month. Bu she knew it was there and she would see it within few days again. Always when she couldn't, she missed it as if her god would have been further away from her. At those times she also felt restless, feeling a bit weaker with her powers than in the times of Nuitari's fullmoon.
    She hoped that they would get pass the mountains without any serious problems.

Aelor desided that he could have a word with Dyami, so he took a cup of the soup he had made and took it to her. Then he sat beside her and started to eat his own portion. They were just silent at first, but then Aelor broke the silence:
    ''I hope we really find that place you know, I really want my brother back. It seems he wasn't finished at all. See, I believe that when we die, we have reached our point of perfection in life. Atleast most of us. But he...I don't think he ever reached that goal he tried to reach for. I just hope that wont happen to me too...like it has happened to my whole family actually. Funny, it's just now that I realize that none of them has faced a natural death. It makes me wonder if that will be my part too,'' he said and looked at Dyami in the eyes. Aelor looked mentaly tired at that moment, almost ill. His face was skinnier than what it had been, the fragile bones of his face were more visible. Still, he wasn't as fragile looking as the elves. The human in him could be seen so clearly.

Nyla sat silently watching the two until she sank to her own thoughts. She started to wonder who it was that she was travelling with... Elves, mages, minotaur! She bit her teeth and tried to forget how much she hated those creatures. How she had seen her mother and father being sliced by their weapons.. Almost noone was sleeping. Only the mage was asleep, others were either eating or just resting. Lunalath was nowhere in sight. But Nyla wasn't worried about that for she had heard from Aelor that this female could take good care of herself. She rised from her spot and walked to Dack and sat infront of him, crossing her legs and keeping her back straight. She watched the elf curiously behind her silver mask. Some people seemed to get anxious when she wore it, but this elf didn't seem to do so. The little bells rang in amongs her black hair as she spoke:
    ''Tell me something of yourself Dack. You seemed to be so lost in your thoughts, as if you were somewhere else. Is there something in this treasure that you need? Like Aelor need to get the resurrection object for Svartnir...''
    She hoped this pale elf wouldn't feel disturbed by her questions..

It was pass mindnight when Lunalath returned to the camp. She saw that some where talking to each other, expect Chris and Aeleth who where just relaxing. If one call all-time-at-watch a relaxing... She did not want to discuss with this minotaur. She had never really got to know him and the deeds his people had recently done to the elven kingdom, were also heavy on her heart like they were on Nyla's, though she did not show it. Luna was used to keep things inside. But she desided to aproach the man called Aeleth. He was a mystery for her and oh she loved to solve puzzles. So she went to him and asked a promision to join his company. Aeleth nod at her, so she sat down and placed her staff right beside her. There where million questions she needed to ask, million things to know before she could trust this man. But she knew, there was room for only few questions.
    ''You're a friend of Dyami's you say.. Is that enough for keeping you loyal to the rest of us too?'' she asked and waited for his reply. She almost waited for something stingy to come back.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  4. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The group had travelled across a forest and it was nearly dawn when they decided to camp in a cave, which sight brought Aeleth many memories, some of them good, others ill enough to haunt him like ghosts from the past. Nevertheless that night he kept sharp, Chris, the minotaur did so too and although he and Aeleth crossed sights a couple of times, none of them said a word.

That night Aeleth was more uneasy than normal, he closed his eyes and saw pain, he tried to sleep and grief came to his mind, so the best he could do was to sit and watch the stars for first time in more than three thousand years, and then sink into his memories but not without being at his guard every second.

Then, Lunalath addressed him:

''You're a friend of Dyami's you say… Is that enough for keeping you loyal to the rest of us too?''

Aeleth could sense something was wrong with her, he had sensed this before and knew perfectly what was going on; but he did rather not ask, anyways it was none of his business. So instead, he answered her question:

“I am loyal only to those who prove themselves worthy of such, until then, think of me as no threat my Lady.” He said in a calm and soft tone.

“Dyami and I met some time before, she said she needed my help and I agreed to do thus.” Having said this, Aeleth went back to the depths of his memories.

5. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Before too long everyone was fairly settled in for the night. Dack noticed some crossed glances between Aeleth and Chris. That would make for a hell of a duel. The two were nearly even in size. Dack had seen bruisers there size go at it before, it was always bloody, and always drew a very big crowd.

Dack didn't think about it much more, as the second assassin in the party, Nyla, approached him. She sat down in the same way the Marksei tribesmen do. He hadn't seen her face, she kept it hidden behind that silver mask. Dack found it interesting, many people were uncomfortable when faced with such a mask. It went back to their fear of the unknown.

Dack didn't share this fear. The only mask he disliked was a purple one. The bells in her hair jingled as she spoke, ''Tell me something of yourself Dack. You seemed to be so lost in your thoughts, as if you were somewhere else. Is there something in this treasure that you need? Like Aelor need to get the resurrection object for Svartnir...'' Alittle foreward perhaps, but hell, Dack wasn't exactly the shy or reserved type himself.

Dack kind of chuckled as he answered, "I don't know if Aelor told you, but, I'm not from around here. And if Luna's rumors are true, then this treasue could be the only way I've got to get home. That is unless a mage gains the power to transend world barriers like the one who sent me here did on accident, or the gods here take a sudden interest in my case." It was a bit of a strange answer, but Dack saw no reason to lie to her about it.

6. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami sprang from tree to tree, watching the movements of the newcomers intently, trying to understand their nature from a distance. Yes, these beings would definitely put bring new dynamics to this group… and Dyami couldn’t wait…. Hmmm, when the wind was right… she seemed to feel another presence as well… haunting… watching… Then again, it might be the power of Fate, giving her a foreboding warning of what is to come…. As of now, it didn’t matter. Soon, the others stopped and Dyami returned to them and make her presence known, and to rest. As the others settled in, Luna came to Dyami and told her that she was going to bath in the nearby stream. The slight wavering of her energy and her actions made Dyami wonder… As Luna left, Dyami listened to make sure everything was alright. Soon, she could hear the sound of Luna retching. Ah… either the elven mage was sick or..… Oh Fate, please let Luna just be sick. Yet again, Dyami was uncomfortable talking about such, so decided she would keep such information to herself for the moment.

After, Dyami decided to sit by a tree for awhile to contemplate a few matters. As she did so, she watched Aelor and Nyla speak with Aelor in their elven tongue… So many elves within this group. So often they talk to each other in their own language. Dyami often watched them and had started to pick up the language ever since the first elven conversation she eaves dropped in. Now, she would soon be able to hear/speak elven fluently, making it the second language she learned in such a manner… She would maybe make it this knowledge a surprise to the others.

Then Aelor came to her, offering her some stew he made. Dyami thanked him as he sat beside her….. Dyami truly didn’t know what to say… they haven’t talked much since his brother’s death, what could she possibly say? So, she sat there and ate in silence until Aelor finally spoke up. ''I hope we really find that place you know; I really want my brother back. It seems he wasn't finished at all. See, I believe that when we die, we have reached our point of perfection in life. At least most of us. But he...I don't think he ever reached that goal he tried to reach for. I just hope that won’t happen to me too...like it has happened to my whole family actually. Funny, it's just now that I realize that none of them has faced a natural death. It makes me wonder if that will be my part too,'' Then, Aelor looked at her in the eyes… what did he want from her? Sympathy? Comfort? As much as Dyami wished she could lie and tell her comrade it will all turn out, it was against her nature to do so.

After a few moments silence, Dyami thought of another way she could bring solace…. “Why are you so sure that your brother didn’t reach a type of perfection? In the end, he was so sure that what he was doing was right. He followed his heart and he didn’t falter from what most would believe as an extremely stressful and morally twisted path. And when he fought, his steps were sure and he himself was swift… even though he carried two burdensome weapons. I could not have fought with such weapons and still have such grace. And, in the end, that bolt was going to hit one of two people… Given the choice, do you think your brother would not have chosen to fall instead of Luna?” Dyami paused for a moment, to let Aelor think about what she told him… To make him think more… to stress more… such cruelty she was giving the poor elf.
    Yet, to her it was the truth, and there was more as well. “And if it’s true about most having perfection before death, then you have little to worry about.” Aelor looked up from his thoughts, obviously offended. “You have so much potential, yet have used so little of your true light, Aelor.” Dyami said, speaking now in elvish. “You do not trust in your own abilities, and you do not trust in the abilities of others around you. I almost killed you back in that cave because of that lack of trust.” Dyami was, of course, referring to that time when she was shoved onto the ground by Aelor right before she was about to try to save/attack Luna. “Someday, you will find something that you truly believe in and will fight with confidence. When that day comes, you will surprise yourself at the talent you truly have…. Then, of course, you will die perfect.” Dyami said, trying to put light to her heavy words…….. and probably failing miserably with it.

Her mind was starting to shift to other serious thoughts in the silence that followed…. Dyami started to speak (in normal tongue) but more to herself then to anyone. “Is it even right to try to bring someone back? An item with such a power…. It breaks one of the greatest laws of nature. Not even the most powerful necromancer could bring body and soul back in perfect condition… There must be something more to it… And it probably entails death… Why would Fate allow for such an item to exist….” Dyami realized that her tiered mind had allowed her mouth to wonder with her thoughts. These were words that Aelor should not hear or think about… not yet at least.
    “I am sorry Aelor…. Forgive my words.”

7. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Chris noticed that Aeleth was also up for much of the night, along with Dack. Aeleth and Chris crossed paths of sight quite a few times. Aeleth was about 7' maybe 7' 1''. Chris thought about the new member. He seemed nice. Nicer than many of the others that had joined before. Chris was interested in him, and not just because he was a new member. He seemed like something was unquie about him, possibly something he had seen before.

Now he new what it was. He knew who Aeleth reminded him of. Aeleth reminded Chris of Dack. He knew not why, maybe he was just putting them together in his mind, because of the obious reason, they were both elves. But he knew that wasn't it. Dack was a 6' and Aeleth was 7'. Dack had white hair and Aeleth had black. They were different species of elves. But Chris did know what it was.

It was their aura. They both had the same presence, even though he hadn't known Aeleth very long, he saw Chris and him getting to know each other better. But no, Chris thought. If he did this, it would then be Aeleth who turned on the group. He couldn't jump to conclusions about anyone just yet. Conclusions about them being evil, or about them being friends. When there first battle was fought- thats when Chris would know everything he needed to know about them.

8. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Dack kind of chuckled as he answered, "I don't know if Aelor told you, but, I'm not from around here. And if Luna's rumors are true, then this treasue could be the only way I've got to get home. That is unless a mage gains the power to transend world barriers like the one who sent me here did on accident, or the gods here take a sudden interest in my case."
    Nyla smiled, which could be seen with the increasing shine in her eyes.
    ''Aelor did tell me, but I wanted hear it from you. It also tells me if you have something to hide about it. It seems you haven't...'' she said and they sat silent for a while. Nyla made drawings to the ground as she spoke:
    ''What was it like?''
    ''What was?''
    ''Home.''

“I am sorry Aelor…. Forgive my words,” Dyami said like she had realized she had said too much. But she hadn't. Aelor knew of all the risks this attempt might have.
    ''I know those things already'', he said with a grim voice, voice like swiped out of all feelings, hangind his head low. He didn't look at Dyami when spoken.
    ''Svartnir didn't die perfect, he didn't achieve what he wanted to. He wanted to bring Blackswan tribe back to life, to make a family in the woods of our childhood, to bring children to this world. He didn't want our family to die...'' Dyami sat silent beside him until spoke:
    ''You're a Blackswan too, Aelor, you too can bring your family back to - -''
    ''Is it so bloody hard to see that I'm just halfblooded?'' Aelor hissed between his teeth. He kept pressing his hands into fists all over again.
    ''You speek of me finding my perfection. Well, I can tell you, it wont be the moment I bring my tribe back to life, because it is inpossible because of my halfbloodness. I can't be my brother... I don't even know who I am anymore. I'm so lost inside,'' Aelor said and sighed. He looked at his palms and the two circle shaped scars in them. He looked at his image in his dining cup and the spiral tattoos in his face he had resently taken. He couldn't help to wonder if anyone but Svartnir truly understood their meaning. He knew he had to bring his brother back to life somehow, he just knew it. Maybe it would have been right to let him rest in peace, but somehow Aelor knew, Svartnir was not in peace.

“I am loyal only to those who prove themselves worthy of such, until then, think of me as no threat my Lady.” Aeleth said in a calm and soft tone.

“Dyami and I met some time before, she said she needed my help and I agreed to do thus.” Having said this, Aeleth seemed to go back to his own thoughts. Lunalath sneered and rose from the ground, mumbling:
    ''Like I'd never heard that before...'' Then she walked few steps but then stopped and said:
    ''Tell me Aeleth, what do you think of black robed mages in general?''

9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    ''Aelor did tell me, but I wanted hear it from you. It also tells me if you have something to hide about it. It seems you haven't...'' she said and they sat silent for a while. Nyla made drawings to the ground as she spoke:
    ''What was it like?''
    ''What was?''
    ''Home.''

Gods where to begin. Since arriving on Krynn Dack had counted hundreds of differences between the two lands. He supposed the only way he could get them all was if she had been both places as well. That was clearly not the case, but Dack had no reason that came to mind that he couldn't at least try to explain the differences. He took a deep breath and began.

"The first thing I noticed when I came here, was the stars. All of the constellations I learned back home are arranged differenly against the night sky, and some don't even appear. In addition to that, the peoples of Krynn are different from their counterparts on my homeland. Here goblins and orcs have only slight differences in appearance, and they are often able to fight at the same level as a warrior of any other race.

"Where I come from goblins are very small, and are rarely able to accomplish anything, whereas the orcs, their arms are the size of tree trunks, while their legs are just large enough to keep them moving. Orcs here also tend to have a very similar intelligence all through them. Back home there's such a range in orc minds generals from other races can almost never predict their tactics, only when they'll come to raid. Even that is only because it's come at the same time since the cradle of civilization.

"Then there's humans. On Krynn they're little more than short lived elves. Where I come from they're very different. Humans have the size of elves, the craft skill of dwarves, and the ability to invent like gnomes, save for the fact that human inventions work. I've only seen a few examples, but one weapon in particular shows the genious of humans. They call them guns, and with them an average soldier can shoot nearly as well as a highly skilled bowman, albeit less frequently.

"Elves are basically the same here, except there's much more hatred between groups of elves. If every elf here felt the same way about every other as they do about dark elves, that would be about like home. Unless an elf worked for a different faction, then he's scarcely welcome among any elven group.

"Your dragon kin are much smaller here than the ones I know. But they're much meaner, and ours don't have any nasty surprises when they die. They're also more solitary where I come from, only ever worried about honor, self betterment and adventure. And then there are the races you don't even have here. The mragga, beings made of light, they offer warriors great power in exchange for their souls. And the tarool, I don't know much about them, but from what I hear they were one of the first races to inhabit the land.

"Magics show varying degrees of difference. There are the same basic spells, but there are three major types I've come across, the machine wizards, who can give life to machines, the elementalists, who give life to the wounded, and the land itself, the necromancers, who defile the dead with their taint, and the chaos mages, who can scarcely ever predict the effects of their own spells.

"Finally there's the divisions between races. Orcs keep mostly to themselves unless they're raiding, but they have a steady alliance with the human rebels to the north. Elves keep within their own race and the gods they worship, although many humans are present in their ranks as well. The mragga don't get involved with other races as a whole, but make deals with individuals of all origin. Other than that it just comes down to alliance, different warlords recruit from all over within the various major groups, the necromancers and their like, the elementals and their like, orcs and their like, techno mages and their like, the mountain elves, and the rebels. They all vie to give their major group some kind of major position in the civil wars that have controlled the continent since long before anyone can clearly recall."

10. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Tarone sat still as a statue in the dark night. His large ears spread out as far as they would go. Not even a fox would have noticed him still as stone, well they might have smelled him. Not that he stank, it was very hard to fool an animal with one's scent. All through he night he had been sitting, listening, and waiting.

"Well...?" an impatient voice spoke up beside him.

"Its about time you got here. You breath so loud I could hear you for miles."

"Funny, so what do you think?" The figure came closer, he was human in shape (unlike his big eared companion).

"They've defenitly got it."

"Are you sure, surely they wouldn't talk about such a thing amoungst each other."

"Well I haven't heard specific mention of the item yet but a strange group wouldn't you think? And all of this talk about bringing back from the dead. Kind of curious, neh? Yes they have it alright. But there is no way on earth I'm going to try and steal it. We were never told there would be so many."

"You have a point....and we were really sent to find it right? No one said specifically we'd have to steal it eh? You don't think they know we're here do ya?"

"I don't think so. Though they are uneasy. We've staid out of sight, and they are of course half deaf" That was what he usually said when someone couldn't carry one a quiet conversation at 100 yards (which was most everybody, he was very proud of his large ears).

"Well, since you're so sure we found them I'm going back to report. If they get suspicious come back with whatever information you've got. No need in pressing them too much this far North."

11. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ''I know those things already. Svartnir didn't die perfect, he didn't achieve what he wanted to. He wanted to bring Blackswan tribe back to life, to make a family in the woods of our childhood, to bring children to this world. He didn't want our family to die...'' Ah… a misunderstanding. Aelor’s terms of ‘perfect’ were much different from hers. To Dyami, perfection would be reached when one had become physically and mentally all that they can be…. Dreams and bloodlines had nothing to do with this.

Dyami thought quickly for a positive response. She could tell her suspicions of Luna, but that would be disrespectful to the mage’s privacy and decided on a different approach. ''You're a Blackswan too, Aelor, you too can bring your family back to - -''

''Is it so bloody hard to see that I'm just halfblooded?” Aelor interrupted in anger… The words hit Dyami so hard, she was too shocked to speak as he went on. ''You speak of me finding my perfection. Well, I can tell you, it won’t be the moment I bring my tribe back to life, because it is impossible because of my halfbloodness. I can't be my brother... I don't even know who I am anymore. I'm so lost inside.'' … half blooded… mixed blood…. Tainted blood…. The shallow fool!! He came to the wrong person for sympathy and now he spoke of mixed blood as if being a half-elf was a sin. He had hit a raw chord within Dyami’s very spirit… Her unnatural lineage… As far as she knows she WAS the only one of her kind and being so WAS a sin against the Gods. And family… The fool….

Dyami’s tail flicked dangerously and her entire body started to shake in restrained anger. With one hand she reached out and grabbed Aelor by the scruff of the neck. With the other hand, she pulled back her hood so that he could get a good look at what she really was. “Don’t you DARE speak to me about tainted blood. I had NO one, yet I still know my place.” Dyami said through gritted teeth. Then, she went calm…. No. Anger only leads to bloodlust and needless death. When she fought, it was never with anger, only with a cold, neutral respect… This was the first time anger had caught her off guard in years.

Aelor did not know, therefore is not to blame. She knew well enough that if she stayed with Aelor a moment longer, he would be LUCKY to leave with a black eye. So, she let go of the tunic, stood up, and walked as calmly as usual to Luna. “I am going to scout the area ahead for traps or enemies. If we don’t meet up, you will find me in Solanthus, the next city.”

Luna looked up. With her face neutral, it was difficult to say how much the mage had overheard or saw of the conversation. “Would you like someone to go with you?” She asked calmly.

“If anyone can track me down, and keep up, then they can join.” Dyami said, and was gone to the trees.

Right now, Dyami just wanted to go as fast as she could through the wood to exert the unwanted energy. At sunset, she would find a treetop to meditate and rest properly…. Aelor…. Whatever she saw in the half-elf, she wanted to forget…. She would watch the others, and help with the professional skill of an assassin. Nothing more.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  12. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Aeleth went back to his thoughts when he overheard Lunalath mumbling:

''Like I'd never heard that before...'' Then she walked few steps but then stopped and said:

''Tell me Aeleth, what do you think of black robed mages in general?''

For what Aeleth answered: “It is not the colour of their robes, but the colour of the souls of some what makes me be at my guard near them.”

Then Dyami said she would go ahead and scout for enemies or traps, Luna asked her if she wanted help to what Dyami answered:

“If anyone can track me down, and keep up, then they can join.”

Aeleth liked the idea of getting away from his thoughts a while, so he dashed to the forest and jumped from branch to branch voraciously fast, but unnaturally silent.

He then reached Dyami and kept making his way, they weren’t farther than 100 yards from the others when the heard a noise ahead, behind a bush.

As they approached, a creature tried to run away but Dyami cut its exit and Aeleth grabbed it from behind placing the edge of his sword next to its throat.

It was what appeared to be a human, only that with large ears, whatever he was they needed to know what he was up to, so they tied up blindfolded him, plugged his ears up and covered his mouth. Then they took him back to the campsite for interrogation.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  13. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Nyla listened to Dack's speach with glincering eyes. She had always been facinated by stories like that. But that wasn't what she had wanted to know actually. So she said:
    ''When I said home, I didn't mean your world Dack. I ment the place you go to and feel safe in. Place where you feel at home. Where is that? Did you have a family?''

Dyami's burst caught Aelor by surprise, but hadn't understood that his words might hurt her. So when she rose and left, he did nothing by sat there in the ground looking to nothingness. Her rageful eyes were still fresh in his mind and the her exotic looks too. To him, she didn't look unnatural, though he understood if someone might think so. To him, she was beautiful.
    He did not mean to hurt her feelings. It wasn't that he ment that it was wrong to be halfblooded, no way! There were certain benefits for that. But to be halfblooded and have a dream of bringing one's fullblooded family alive...impossible. He thought he could have spoken to her and she would have understood, known what he ment where as no one else did. Women.. At that moment Aelor felt angry at Dyami and most of all to himself. It was long since he had trusted himself to someone new (few decades actually) and it seemed he should have kept it that way. People, no matter what their blood was, always seemed to bring dissapointments. Nothing more.
    Luna came to his side and sat besides him.
    ''We can bring him back Aelor'', she said and smiled, very rare to her recently.
    ''I know there are certain risks in magick, especially in necromancy. But you see, these artifacts, they weren't made by mages like me or like Denathdar, they were made by gods. So do not think and wonder how untrustful magick is, this isn't about magick, this is a matter of belief. I trust in my god Nuitari. He has always been good to me, ever since I was a child. You need to find who is your own god.''
    Aelor knew what she ment and nod at her smiling. To that she replied, before going to sleep:
    ''Well continue our journey in the morning.''

14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    ''When I said home, I didn't mean your world Dack. I ment the place you go to and feel safe in. Place where you feel at home. Where is that? Did you have a family?'' Nyla asked after he'd finished describing everything he could of his homeland. Truth be told that was something he'd been keeping secret from the others for some time. Chris in particular had been kept in the dark, not because Dack was ashamed, he'd never felt shame a day in his life. But because of the very strange details of his early life.

"That's a different story indeed. My only blood relative I know is my brother. I owe most of who I am to him. If he hadn't been around, I would have become about as boorish as those who raised us. My parents died long before I was old enough to remember their faces, they lived in one of the cities that the orc tribes considered sacred, so I assume it came as a surprise when they came to raid.

"Another tribe came along, and they slaughtered the ones more civilized folks would call heretics. There were few survivors from the city, but the orcs payed them no attention, eager to get back to their lands to divide up their plunder. My brother took me with him as he followed that tribe, deep into the steppes. One day he simply couldn't carry on, and collapsed with exhaustion as a pack of wolves closed in.

"As fate would have it an eagle landed between me and my brothers and let out a call that echoed through out the flatlands. To the orcs of my home the eagle is sacred, so they rescued my brother and I and raised us as their own. After many of their generations passed I came of age, and shortly after my brother left to find some purpose to his life, I desided to become an adventurer.

"In my travels I met many friends, most notable among them was another who's brother had taken a darker path in life. His name was Bemon, and very soon we became as close as brothers, eventually sealing it with a blood oath. I guess you could say Bemon was also my family, as with the others. Really there never was a place that I'd go to feel at home. Being raised by nomadic orcs I never identified with places, just people. That's probably why I've only been to the steppes once since leaving, so much changes in orc culture in the blink of elven eyes; so I just kept walking the road, in search of new quests and people."

15. Luther_the_Great

Luther_the_Great The Amazing

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Suddenly the whole camp was unsettled as great deal of thrashing was heard in the surrounding wood. Everyone was on alert as the disturbance grew louder and louder. They all took covered positions and waited. Soon they could make out muffled yelps and gargeled words. They could see the underbrush moving violently. Whatever it was wasn't concerned about stealth at least.

Then out from the growth popped Aeleth with a strugling figure writhing in his hands, it had a bag over its head. Aeleth drug the wriggling creature into the clearing. While he was doing this Dyami sprang from the tree tops with a triumphant look on her face.

"Look what we found!" A smirk was on her face, she liked the hunt.

The others gathered round as Aeleth lifted the bag from the creatures head. It was very strange looking, it looked like a bald, squat man with tremendously large ears. They could not see his face because Aeleth had him facing away from the group. Though Dyami and Aeleth could see it and they could see his perfect contempt for all of them.

"So, you want to tell us what you were doing?" Aeleth asked, his eyes looked as if they would bore holes in the wretched thing.

"Me? What could I do. I didn't even know you were here. That's very hard of you to just grab me up for walking through the woods that belong to all."

"Oh?" Dyami quaffed. "You looked like you were trying pretty hard not to be found. Someone with such big ears could hear many things that were not intended for him. Who are you? What are you? and who sent you to spy on us?"

"I told you! I am just a poor traveler who has lost his way in the woods and you come and pounce on my back and tie me up. I should ask who you work for."

"I'm getting tired of this, you either tell us who you work for or I'm going to remove your head from its resting place!" Aeleth wasn't going to play this creatures game.

"Why wont you believe me, I'm innocent" the creature shouted. He was getting frantic.

"Not the answer I wanted" said Aeleth as he raised his sword preparing for the blow. The creature cringed, his eyes fixed on the sword. The sword came down.

"WAIT!!!" The sword stopped inches from his neck. "Ok ok I was spying. My name is Tarone. I'm a servent of Count..." he stopped. He was looking from side to side and happened to catch of glimpse of Nyla with her mask. It had stricken dumb. He started to tremble. "Forgive me I'm.... What? No NO I would never..... No please don't! NOOOO." Everyone looked on in shock as the creature started screaming like a lunatic. He tried to get away but Aeleth held him where he was. "OH please have mercy!!! Forgive me!!! Yes yes... Right away!!!!"

With suprising speed that only a man in terror could exihibit he lunged himself at Aeleth's sword, cutting his own jugular. No one could make out what he had been talking about. No one had said anything to him since he started screaming. They just looked at him as he writhed and shivered, bleeding out in seconds. Then he was still.

16. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The pathetic creature died in moments, screaming in agony that one could owiously see. Lunalath approached Aeleth and the creature lying on the ground next to him. She sniffed the air and mumbled words of magick and touched the creatues head. Her hands run on his skin making marks. Then she found what she was looking for, the creatures soul. She grabbed it magically, bounding it to her will for a moment before releasing it to the world of the dead. All the information she could get from the creature was that it was a spy of someone who was following them, trying to get to the artifact. Who, the creature wouldn't tell. It seemed to have made a packt, a packt that had power over the borders of life. With a wave of hand, Lunalath set the soul free and returned to the world of flesh. Her expression was cold and serious.
    ''We will continue our journey immediatly. No one sleeps? Good,'' she said and walked to her bedside grabbing her bag and lifting it to her shoulder. Others soon followed her example. In less than ten minutes they were off on the journey again, heading towards Solanthus.
    It was early morning so they could see the path ahead clearly. Luna kept the pace fast and alowed them to rest only rarely. The feeling of being followed, the feeling of danger and failure wringed her heart.

''We should reach Solanthus in just few days with this pace,'' Aelor said to Lunalath who was walking besides him. Lunalath nodded and raised her head to look him in the eyes.
    ''You better apologise from her or what ever you need to do. Just make sure that there wont be any unnecessary scuarrels in this group. And that was an order.''
    Aelor just smiled and snorted. This woman truly was made for his brother...

Nyla walked on a little distance ahead of the others. She examined the terrain and tried to find them the best possible route. But her head was screaming of question. Did she know that manly kind creature? Or had it's terror been of something else and he just happened to look at Nyla at that moment? She couldn't say...
    When the sun set, they were off the mountains. Luna said that on the next day they would reach Solanthus.

17. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Forest and early-morning sunlight swirled around her in a wondrous vortex as Dyami jumped from branch to branch as swiftly and gracefully as a bird through clouds. Ah… the rush of it all was calming to say the least. Soon, she was herself again and the darkness from before was all but forgotten… Aelor… He did not understand the origins of her anger… Instead of healing, she only opened the poor half-elf’s emotional wounds even wider. Yet again, proof that Dyami had little grasp on the world of emotion. She saw it…. The patterns… predict outcomes… but Dyami could not understand the true center of emotion for the life of her… Needless to say Dyami knew she would have to go back and apologize later.

While her thoughts were on the spiritually broken Aelor, Dyami felt the presence of someone else: It was Aeleth. Well, well: he was quite the tracker indeed. Dyami grinned as Aeleth came into view and was glad for the company, although decided not to express such…. Right now, she just wanted to flow through the forest like the wind.

Some time later, both Dyami and Aeleth heard the sound of panicked movement through the woods… someone was running… correction; someone was running as if their life would be at steak if they were caught… and as it was, he was running from them. Looks like Dyami and Aeleth had a spy on their hands. It’s time for the hunt.

While Aeleth pursued, (what Dyami now could see) the floppy eared creature while Dyami went to the trees and around. Soon, the being was herded into Dyami’s awating blades and quickly after that, (too quickly for Dyami’s enjoyment) it was all over. With the creature bound, gagged, and ears muffled, Dyami dragged along the captive with Aeleth following behind, making sure the creature didn’t get away.

When they got back to the others (who have taken a midday break) Dyami threw the cretin onto the ground and the interrogation began. At first, it went well enough: with Dyami and Aeleth pelting questions down on the petty creature like hail on a sickly bush until it finally bent…. Then, it went terribly wrong. The creature (named Tarone), looked up at Nyla then started talking as if someone else was there… a master…. Probably his count… Dyami could feel a sort of dark energy shifting around although she was unsure from where or how far the source of the power came from. Before anyone could do anything about it, the creature threw himself onto the Aeleth’s blade and died not too long after.

What could possibly be stalking them now? Whatever it was… it was officially an enemy and Dyami would have to be more on the alert from now on in… Why did it look at Nyla before the creature went insane?..... The silence continued for a few moments while Luna magically searched the body and spirit. Then, spoke up “We will continue our journey immediately. No one sleeps? Good,'' And like that, everyone packed up, and left to start their journey at a much more brisk pace. …. Dyami knew she should talk to Aelor… She would ask him to scout ahead with her so that their words were more private…. That is… unless there were more of those giant eared beings about.

18. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Chris watched as his new friend 'Tarone' died. Chris laughed. What a poor excuse for a spy. But then again, maybe not that bad of a spy. Chris guessed that he did his job well with those big floppy ears purtruding from the side of his head.

Altogether this whole ordeal had awoken Chris quite a bit. He realized he wasn't still at home, and that he needed to stay alert if he was going to survive. No, EVERYONE needed to stay alert, or this mission would indeed fail. That's how Chris saw it anyway.

Even though, this spy was nothing to behold, it didn't mean that the Count and his armies (if either of these things exsisted) wouldn't be powerful and strong.

A whole nother thing to worry about Chris said, but to tell the truth he wouldn't mind another battle. His axe was getting dusty and his muscles were softening.

Orc, human, elf, goblin, rabbit folk..., whatever the heck there enemy was, he looked forward to slicing them in half, and then in quarters, and fourths, and so on.... :).

Finally the whole spy thing flew over and they were back to their normal ramblings and tasks, (some more useful then other) and Chris was finally able to think straight. All he knew was, he hoped that he could get out of this quest alive, against the large eared folk and everyone else who stood in his way.

(wow, thats pretty bad, but don't blame me. Its a friday!!!!)

19. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Denathdar snored contently, his chest rising and falling as the breaths came and went. His crooked nose vibrated with each snore as he slept deeply through the night. Oblivious to the events that occured during his slumber. He started having a dream, it was his old companion who had died a long time ago. Denathdar was lying on the ground on his mat as the greyed man entered the "cave".
    "Uskper you rogue, what are you doing here you're dead?"
    "Denathdar, I've come to just visit an old friend. Tell me Denathdar, what mess have you got into this time? Another treasure hunt?"
    "Well, yes I suppose? Why do you want to know? You're dead, and I know I have not the power to commune with the dead." Denathdar gave Uskper a questioning look "Who are you?"
    Uskper laughed "Hah! There's my old friend, always the cautious one! Tell me, do you still worship that silly goddess of yours? let's see .. yes! Lunitari, that's the one."
    "Yes I do, Uskper. But back to the point - how are you talking to me?"
    "Well I managed to ..." Uskper's words were lost on Denathdar as he winced from pain in his side that seemed to appear out of nowhere. "Denathdar? You all there? Listen I wanted to ask you something, it is about a certain posession your group is carrying? Could you-"

A flash of light and Denathdar woke up to Dyami's furious kicking.
    "Wake up Mage! We're going."
    Denathdar looked around the cave and realised it was still nighttime, he was about to complain but shut his mouth as he sighted the dead creature. It seemed to have been pierced through the throat, it was a sickly sight for this weak-stomached mage. With wide eyes and hands covering his mouth, Denathdar rushed to the bushes and promptly vomited.
    "Dammnit! Can you not go through one night without killing something?" He yelled towards the direction of the caves, but to no answer. He turned around and saw the last of the group disappearing down a trail. Denathdar acted quickly, he rushed back to the cave and grabbed his things, dropping a few objects but not stopping until he caught up with the rest. He realised it was nearing dawn as the first rays of the sun showered their path. Denathdar fixed his pack and set a striding pace, forgetting the walk and delving again into his thoughts. About the dream, about Uskper, he was glad to talk with his friend but something nagged at him - as if something was not quite right about Uskper. Ahh well, he thought, there's nothing quite right with any mage these days.

20. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    In two days they reached Solanthus. Lunalath had been hurrying them onwards without giving them much time to catch their breaths. She said they would have all the time in the world to rest once they died in the hands of their mystery followers. She seemed tence the whole time, sometimes drawing herself away from the others. What she did then, no one know. But once they reached the city Solanthus, she seemed reliefed.
    But it was then when their problems really began.

They had just few hours ago come through the gate and found a cousy inn called Running Dragon. Some members of the group were sitting in a tabble eating and some had gone shopping some supllies allready, even though they could do it on the morning before they would continue their journey.
    Aelor was just sipping from his beer when Nyla rushed to the inn, her eyes shining of consern. She had just gone for a walk with Lunalath and Dyami. She talked quickly in elvish to Aelor and he turned to his companions to explain why she was so rushed.
    ''It's Dyami and Luna. Some problem with some thugs. It seems they took Luna by using some stone that dispelled her magical abilities. Nyla says Dyami followed them. Dack, Denathdar, will you come with us? You rest stay here and look after our equipments. Nyla dear, show us where they went.''
    Nyla gave a nod and turned to the door to lead the way. She run fast on the gobled stones but her feet left out no voice. This time also the silver bells in her black hair were silent by her will. Aelor run beside her and focused his mind so he could become
    a warrior in the upcoming battle.

In the meanwhile Luna tried to brake free from her captives, but the stone that took away her magical powers was too powerful and she could just stubmle forward as they pushed and poked her with their weapons. But somwhere nearby she felt Dyami's demonical presence.