RPG # 15 - Reborn

Discussion in 'RPG #15 - The Artifact Of Kiri-Jolith' started by daraja, Sep 1, 2006.

1. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    After finding the useless artifact of Kiri-Jolith, the adventurers split up on their ways as they finally reached the city of Palanthas. Not all of them were willing to travel any longer to find the bigger treasure, to which the artifact of Kiri-Jolith was only a key to. The summer was already turning to fall, so the remaining adventurers had agreed that they would meet in an inn near the docks after two weeks since their arrival to Palanthas. They needed to gete going fast before the first snow would fall. After that they all went on their ways; some of them to find someone to help them during the journey, a friend or someone reliable; some to gather supplies and strength; some of them to gather vital information. But where ever they went, and what ever they did, the coming journey was on their minds. Their hearts bumping for excitement.

Soon the two weeks was almost up. They had worked in silence, for they did not want to arouse the interest of possible enemies. But even the walls might have ears and the walls of Palanthas were no exeption. So when it was the night before their meeting in the inn, several other persons in Palanthas were aware of their treasure hunt. It was said in a rumor that these adventurers were going to hunt down a hidden treasure, unimagenably great. But it was also said, that the journey would be extremely dangerous and only the strongest would survive back home.

So when the night of the adventurers meeting finally came and they gathered in the inn, there were also persons trying to sneak in the group to take part in the journey. Whether those persons were friends or foes, only gods could tell.

2. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    A small cloud of dust was send in to the air as Lunalath closed the book rapidly. She sat there for a while, on a small bed of her apartment in her own thoughts before she snapped her fingers, senging a small spark to the book, burning it to ashes in no times. She was not going to leave any tracks behind, so she destroyed every document she read.
    She straightened her blac velvet robe as she rose from the bed. Her rowen staff for lying against the wall right next to her. Some mages seemed like obsessed with their staffs, but not Lunalath. She needed not to, for her bewithced staff wouldn't serve anyone except Luna herself. If someone ever dared to use it without her permission, that person would be send flying - in thousand little pieces.

The sun was already setting and so Luna's thoughts were once again drawn to their upcoming mission. Would they find the hidden place where all the ancient artifacts lied? Which one of them would work? And most important, would the one with the power of resurrection be able to bring back her beloved Svartnir?
    Who would come with her to this journey?
    Aelor was sure to come, of that Lunalath was sertain. Svartnir was after all his half-brother and Aelor would do anything to bring him back to life. Well, almost anything, he wasn't THAT evil, if at all.

With a deep sigh, Lunalath streched herself and grabbed her staff in her hands. She then left the apartment, her face covered deep withing her black robes hood. A little spell made her robe look like brown one, like she was just a nun of some god. She did not want people of Palanthas to see her as she was; a black robed mage. That might cause some panic. After all, black robed mages were the servants of Nuitari, one of the evil gods and no one really trusted mages, no matter what their colot was. And even though her pride wouldn't have normally allowed that kind of hiding, this time she was willing to do it to keep their mission hidden. Though, she had a feeling the others hadn't been so careful about the mission and there might be some uninvited ''heroes'' willing to join them in this quest.

She was the first to arrive in the inn. There were mostly sailors there who didn't really pay much attention to her. She ordered a glass of vine and sat in an empty table. She was first alarmed when she noticed some sitting nearby watching her curiously, but then she realized that they had just noticed her ringing voice; acsent very common to elves. Lunalath sipped from her glass and sat back in her chair. The others - who ever of them would show up - should come soon...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  3. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    The pale elf sat atop the cliff staring up at the stars. He knew somewhere out there was his homeworld. During his time here he'd heard stories of people who'd left the ground and gone to all manner of places, namely a moon. However as far as he was aware he was the only person to have traveled between entire worlds. On this world he was known as The Beast, because of an incident in which he lost his temper. Those who knew his real name, knew him as Dack. Dack Keeneyes that is, the outlander.

These past two weeks had been fairly uneventful for him. He'd stayed on the outskirts of town and done what he could to pass the time. The minutes had passed in a painfully slow fashion. He didn't care, this next leg of the quest could take him home. That was all the reason he needed to go out on another journey in this land where he was a stranger to almost everyone.

That didn't matter. He'd met a good group, a group that had almost becomeas close as him and his pals back home. Granted that kind of friendship would take time to forge, but they still worked better together than most groups that had been together no longer than they had. Dack descended the cliff and made his way to the place where everyone was set to meet up again. This was going to be one of the longest adventures of his life.

4. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    The tall figure walked swiftly through the night, cloak billowing behind and rain drumming the cobblestones. Walking with a determined purpose, the figure walked deftly down the street and turned down an alleyway. Striding towards the only door in the alcove, the figure knocked hard on the door. A blunt response was all that was recieved, not one that was favourable. So with a quick gesture the figure blasted the door open to what was a bewildered person lying on the stairs.

"I wish he would be more polite, I hate resorting to this."

Entering the apartment, the figure stepped over the unconscious landlord and climbed the stairs. Reaching the top and going into another room, the room was dark and the open window shattered with the force of the wind and rain. Lighting a candle the figure went to collect the necessary goods under the scant light. Collecting extra clothes, trinkets, scrolls and potions; the figure paused only once to glance into a mirror in the room. What stared back was a tired man, weary from ages past; wondering if it was worthwhile to go on this little quest realising then that the reward was great.

Climbing back down the stairs looking over at the fallen landlord Denathdar felt for the man, and promptly threw a bag of coins onto his chest. Walking back out into the night, closing the door and not stopping for anyone, Denathdar disappeared into the night.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  5. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Two weeks… There was so much to do, so little time. Dyami had three important tasks she wanted to do before they left: re/stock on items she will need, including a few daggers that went missing, finding information on their goal, and getting some currency so that she could travel comfortably.

As Dyami reached the city, she made sure her tail was wrapped around her waist so that it looked like a belt, and that her hood was down low so that no one would notice her unnatural features. Even so, she did most of her travel by the rooftops to avoid the crowds… Cities… filled with thriving life… Dyami enjoyed to watch them, but not so much to join. First, she made her way to the central building of law enforcement to look us some legitimate bounties. She immediately went for the largest cash reward in the city: and how ironic, the man calls himself the assassin lord. It seems this assassin lord (Mordigan, his real name) had made quite a profitable business in hiring/training assassins then lending the killers out to any with enough gold within their pockets…. He would do just fine.

For the next couple days, Dyami tracked, located and spied on Mordigan. He was definitely an interesting man: making such a profit on death, his constant changes in schedule so to make it difficult for enemies to know what he’s up to, and Dyami had to be careful of his assassin bodyguards who also enjoyed living on rooftops as much as she did. But, after four days, Dyami knew enough about the man to end his life…. Mordigan was sleeping as Dyami disabled the traps set on his window, and creped in. Too bad the tiny creak of this sill was enough to wake the man and turn his dagger towards her. Even though he was just asleep a few moments ago; he grasped the situation instantly and spoke in cold calmness. “Another one trying for the bounty I see... You must be good to get past all those guards.”

“I made sure they didn’t have a chance.” Dyami said as she pulled out her Rapier and went for the man.

The smart being pushed down a cup on his beside table, triggering a trap to set off, and almost hitting Dyami with a small dagger. As Dyami dodged the blade, the man rushed at her. Dyami was more then prepared for the assault and sank under his weapon as she then quickly came up with her rapier right into his gut… As he slowly sank to the floor, he looked into her face with surprise: on top of knowing his life was done, he seemed to recognize her. “…The…The…Blue Demon of the Shadowblades… Hm! May the only thing you bring anyone is death!” He spat at her in weakening frustration. Dyami didn’t even flinch at his words, and responded by slicing through his neck with her rapier…. He had heard of her… even so far away from her homeland… Mordigan was truly a knowledgeable person in the world of the assassin.

“Blood shed for blood lost.”

Although killing the assassin lord was an interesting highlight that night for Dyami, she would have to admit that the look of the city’s governor’s face was just as entertaining as she stood over his bed, holding the head of the most wanted man of Palanthas, demanding for the bounty immediately.

After Dyami had gained a large enough sum of gold, she was able to continue with her two other objectives. First, she found a master swordsman in the city and got him to craft a few daggers identical to the ones she lost (all the way down to the insignia). After, she went to a leather armor master and fixed her armor. Then, she hesitantly made her way to the mage quarters and bought a cloak that would change to any colour she wished it to be. True, Dyami had always mistrusted magic, but she knew that it was high time to break her old perspectives…. Especially since Dyami had a feeling she would soon have to trust her life to the mage Luna, and visa-versa. After getting a few other basic supplies, Dyami head out and searched for information on the group’s final objective. She decided to stick to two important detail of this hidden treasure: history, and danger... Most importantly, the details on a magical item that could bring people back from the dead… Such a device shatters a vital law to the mortal world… there has to be some sort of flaw or loophole… If there was, Dyami wanted to find it.

As it was, Dyami’s information search was more or less fruitless… It was difficult as it was trying to read in a foreign language. Even more irritating; books, scrolls, and tomes with seemingly important information seemed to be disappearing from everywhere… Though, Dyami had a pretty sure feeling that she knew where those went.

Quicker then Dyami would have wished, the night she was to regroup with the others was upon her. She decided to take a calming stroll through the nearby forest before she went to the appointed Inn…. Or…. It would have been calming if she wasn’t being followed by vengeful assassins for the death of their leader. Dyami kept walking through the wood, making sure to not give any sign that she knew she was being followed, keeping a silent tab on each and every one of them. Finally, they leaped. As Dyami dodged the first blow, she pulled a strand of her black hair and said the words to change her cloak to the colour of the same darkness… This gave her a bit of an advantage as she was now almost invisible with the forest’s darkness. Even then, these were trained killers who specialized in speed and stealth as she did. Dyami pulled out her rapier, her largest dagger, and a small dagger for her tail and went forward. The dance of shadows went on… Although Dyami knew that it was only a matter of time ‘til she came out the victor, she didn’t want to keep the others waiting in the Inn…. Another presence was approaching, and quickly. It was old, powerful, and distantly familiar. Then the giant elf came into sight and rushed into the fray: His movements were bold, and unnaturally fast… Could it be? The battle was soon finished and only Dyami and Aeleth was left standing… Hm. Dyami should have felt his sort of presence miles away. Then again, he was one who could easily mask that sort of energy. “I could have handled them on my own.” Dyami said as a way of greeting.

“I’m sure you could have.” He said, his greeting just as enthusiastic. Yes, Dyami had met Aeleth on her travels west. The time was brief, their objective was the same: the death of a tyrant. Their reasons, very different: Aeleth wanted to give justice to a small, suffering land… Dyami wanted the bounty on the tyrant’s head. Although they worked well together, it was difficult to say what his opinion of Dyami was….

After a moment’s thought, Dyami spoke again. “I need to go the town’s Inn, but if you like, you can join me and I’ll buy you a drink. You can also meet the band I’m traveling with…. I have a feeling someone like you would do well among us.” Then, Dyami turned back to the city, to the Inn, wondering if Aeleth would follow.

6. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    She walked with light steps, the silver bells in her long black hair ringing their cold but beautiful sound. The silver mask she so much liked, covered her face. It wasn't because she was ugly or that she had scars, it just was her thing. And Aelor, he had never really understood that. But this female elf called Nyla had always made him smile. She was playful yet dangerous. She had a voice sweet as hunny and a laughter full of life, which was somehow in contradiction with the darkness she walked in.
    Aelor had sended her a message at the same hour since their arrival to Palanthas. To his luck, she had been in Palanthas at that moment and had answered to Aelors message the same day. Aelor had told her everything about the finding of the artifact of Kiri-Jolith and the death of his brother Svartnir and their new quest to find resurrection for him.

When Aelor had told Nyla about this quest, she had been thrilled about it. It was long since a real adventure for her, she had mainly focused on her revenge. This journey, she thought, could be a good vacation for her from her own memories. She had spent the two weeks with Aelor, training with him and finding proper suplies. And now that the weeks was done, they were both ready; mentally and physically. Still, Nyla suspected that she would have to put her everything to this quest to survive of it.

So Nyla walking at his side, Aelor paced towards the docks. Towards the agreed inn. He suspected that Lunalath would be there already, waiting for them to arrive. He wondered who else would come. Dack had said he would and as far as Aelor knew him, he thought that Dack would really come. But what about Dyami? He wanted her to come, she had beeen a friend for him when needed. Was that all, he thought and remembered Dyami's cold kiss in the middle of the battle. Maybe it was only a goodbye kiss. Yes, that must be it he thought, sighing aloud.

''Are you thinking of her again dear Aelor?'' Nyla asked, speaking elvish, grinning wickedly. Aelor could feel his cheeks turning red:
    ''Ehrm, what do you mean - - ?''
    ''Oh don't be like that, you have been sighing and falling into your own thoughts for this whole two weeks. Don't try to tell me it's not because of some woman.''
    ''I - - Eh... Well, it's sort of 'cause if a woman - -''
    ''I knew it!''
    ''- - but nothing has happened and there is no romance involved! I just, don't know where our friendship stands right now,'' Aelor said as they turned across a corner. The inn was right infront of them.
    ''I don't think she would have me you see. So I don't know if I want ask myself how much she means to me. I fear I might think her more than just a friend.''
    Nyla nodded and smiled -even though she had her mask and her mouth could not be seen, Aelor saw her eyes glittering everytime she smiled. She took his hand, she was as tall as Aelor was, yet her body was far more thinner and fragile.
    ''I know what you mean, dear. But come, let's go inside. We have a journey to make.''

7. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    After having fought so many wars, so many battles and seen kingdoms raise and fall, these years had become rather dull for Aeleth, although he had always longed for peace and quiet, he was extremely alone, the only company he had for uncountable years were either the woods, the wind, the almost nonexistent sunlight and an occasional orc he relentlessly tore up.

Until, an assassin called Dyami met him during an ambush in the forest in which he unavoidably had to take part. She spoke about an unnaturally bloodthirsty tyrant who was tearing apart a defenceless population; Aeleth agreed to put an end to this rule, although their reasons were totally different, they got along well. But after their mission was over, Aeleth decided to return to his home, the Sunless Woods.

More years passed, and eventually Aeleth got rid of all the orcs he could find, that day he realized that he had actually not seen an orc, goblin or wood troll in quite a while. His life was becoming an extremely repetitive routine. He decided to leave his tree house and take a scouting to the edges of the forest to someway change his everyday chore routine.

Although he felt he was quite alone, he never let his guard down for a second, this implied not allowing himself to be detected, his survival training, with which he lived through, didn’t allow him to do so.

He had been walking for a few hours when suddenly he felt a presence that struck him as vaguely familiar; out of curiosity he approached this presence in total stealth, it was then when he felt other presences following the other with evident show of will to kill, so he stalked them from behind the plants and when he realized that Dyami was in danger, he jumped from the bushes, ran towards the assassins who immediately tried to stab or slash him, but he dodged every blow slitting their throat, gutting or beheading them.

The fight ended as fast as it had begun, then Dyami addressed him: “I could have handled them on my own.” She said.

“I’m sure you could have.” Aeleth answered calmly, cleaning and sheathing his swords back into their scabbards. Aeleth knew Dyami was a bounty hunter most of the time, but he didn’t know her enough to have an opinion of her yet.

He was searching for further threats when Dyami spoke again: “I need to go the town’s Inn, but if you like, you can join me and I’ll buy you a drink. You can also meet the band I’m travelling with…. I have a feeling someone like you would do well among us.”

Although Aeleth never drank, he had to admit he could use the company, even if it was only for a short time as it had always been so far. Dyami then made her way towards the town, a town Aeleth had never seen, all he remembered to be there was a grassy prairie, so he followed Dyami from a distance there was no point to go for stuff to the forest, Aeleth always scouted with everything he would need should he had to leave.

Not long after Dyami entered the Inn, a loud knock sounded on the door; and a huge figure entered, everybody was wondered by this elf wearing the strangest armour they had ever seen.

8. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    So.. two weeks was up. Should he go? Chris wondered. He still wondered if he should have gone on the first quest, but another one? Chris decied early the morning they had agreed to meet at the inn, that he would infact, NOT go to the inn. What was the point?

But later that day, he found himself walking out the door towards the docks. He couldn't let his comrades go alone, now could he? He thought back rembering all the fights and adventures he had had, and the two near death experences with that Darius guy. But he was no longer a problem. At least to Chris' knowedge. He never had been one of the most imformed members of the group.

Lighting his all to well known pipe; his trademark you could say, he slowed his pace to a walk as he slowly made his way down to the dock side Inn. Yep, he had made the right desicion in coming back. As far as his knowege. He never had been one of the most imformed members of the group.

9. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    The rain continued to drum the darkened streets the town, it was late at night and the streets were bare save the night folk that roamed the town. A lone figure hurried through the buildings towards one goal, the inn and where his new adventure awaited.
    Denathdar was not normally one given to treasure hunts, but this one intrigued him.
    Heading towards the docks, Denathdar struggled to hold his possessions while running through the streets. Occasionally the unnamed potion or charm fell from his grip and he had to stop to retrieve them, but always his mind on the target.

Finally he reached the docks and he made for the inn, going for the doorhandle he hesitated once out of insecurity and then quickly opened the door. A warm fire and hearty inn greeted him as he shook off the remaining drips from the rain. Taking off his hood and glancing around the room he soon located the other adventurers. Heading over to the table Denathdar coughed purposefully and introduced himself.

“Greetings, I am Denathdar and I have come to join your group.”

10. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Aelor and his new companion, a female elven assassin Nyla Talashi, were the first one's to enter the inn after Lunalath. They sat in the table with her, Nyla speaking joyfully about everyday things and Aelor just sitting gloomy and silently.
    Everything seemed alsmot well. But then Chris, the minotaur, walked in from the door. It was as if someone had shot Nyla, so shocked was her face. But as a highly trained assassin, it wasn't long 'till she reacted; jumping from the chair, pulling out her scimitars and attacking towards Chris, screaming curses. Aelor quickly rose and tried to hold her still, but Nyla was too fast and escaped from Aelors hands.
    Lunalath just sat still, doing nothing, she couldn't risk to reveal herself by doing some spell a nun shouldn't be able to do. But she sighed as Aelor finally got the best of kicking Nyla and had the chanse to say that Chris wasn't actually a friend.

''What? But he is a minotaur, they're all mosnters, MONSTERS you here me!'' Nyla yelled and pointed at Chris. Aelor tried to calm her down.
    ''Listen Nyla, he is a friend, he was one the members of my latter group. I just didn't want to tell you..it wasn't sure that he would come... I'm sorry...''
    ''Shut up fool! What has happened has happened. I'm sorry if I have hurted your feeling, sir Chris'', Nyla said and nodded towards Chris, ''but considering the fact that your country men slaughtered my people and took our homes, it is no wonder I tried to kill you.''

The atmosphere loosened and they all sat down to the table. This time, everyone sat silent; the two elves gloomy, Chris smoking his pipe and Lunalath wondering in her thoughts how many of those in the inn had already found out about their adventure. Just then a red robed mage entered the inn and marched towards their table as soon as he saw them. The elven mage stood there, looking very proud of himself and said:

“Greetings, I am Denathdar and I have come to join your group.”

Great, this is just great..., Luna thought to herself as she tried to remain her calmness. She waved the red robed to sit down. The man did as told, sitting right next to Luna. She waved him to lean on closer, to whisper something to him. As Denathdar leaned closer, Luna grabbed his jaw and hissed between her teeth, pulling her face almost against his:
    ''Did you really have to say it so bloody loud?? Did you ever come to think that that kind of talking might arouse the interest of some uninvited enemies, hu??''
    ''Calm down Luna'', Aelor said and put his hand on Lunalaths shoulder, ''he ment no harm. My name is Aelor Blackswan, this fine lady here -strangling you- is called Lunalath Oakleaf and this lady here is Nyla Talashi and- -''
    ''Christopher 'Orcbane' Klamidis, but call me Chris'', the minotaur said and took a deep smoke of his pipe.
    ''That's right. Now, we're still waiting for a few friends of our to arrive, but do not worry, I'm sure they will approve you'', Aelor said and smiled. Then he rose from the chair and went to the desk to order some drinks for them all. When he turned around, he saw Dyami walking in from the door and he felt his lips forming a smile, but then a man walked right behind her and he felt his smile dissappearing. This man was wearing a beautiful armor which told that he must have been a highranked awrrior at his times. He didn't seem young anymore, but not old either, thanks to the ageless beauty of elves.
    Aelor didn't look at them, he just hid his face in his hair and walked quickly to the table, before Dyami and his new companion could. Why was he upset he ask himself? He had Nyla as his companion and that ment nothing. They always were like two best friends, some even thought they were lovers, but it ment nothing. There were more inportant matters to deal with, Svartnir to begin with. He desided he would stop thinking about these relationship nonsences at once and consentrate on things that really mattered. What had gone into him? Usually he didn't care about deep feelings, they were just a burden. Or that's how it sometimes felt. He desided he would no longer think about his feelings.

Lunalath was reliefed when she saw Dyami walking from the door, she knew this female half-demon would b very useful during this trip. And the warrior walking with her was more than interesting. His armor told of highranking and it's ancientness told of something, something Luna had seen or read before but could not familiarise herself with. What ever it was, she would find out later. Now it was only Dack that was missing from their accompany.
    Luna desided, that they could wait for few more hours, then it would be midnight. They were supposed to set off at midnight.

It was as there were butterflies in her stoamch, she felt excited.

11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack walked the city streets in an eerie solitude. It wasn't that he'd never been alone, especially in this place, but something about the chance that he could return home made him feel suddenly more out of place here than when he'd arrived. Most people didn't look at him, those that did stared with interest, mostly at the sword on his hip.

Akurai's powers were less potent in this land, but it was still clear the weapon was forged for more devious uses. It was a soul drinker, the vampire of the sword world. There was a danger to the weapon as well. If it went long enough without tasting blood it would begin to feed off of his very life force. It was for that reason that since arrving on Krynn Dack had preferred the wilderness where there was an abundance of game to keep the weapon appeased.

Despite the downfalls of carrying a soul drinker Dack had been carrying the weapon almost since he began his career as an adventurer, and it was, in essence, a part of him as much as his own hands. It was for that reason that he had known the others could be trusted when he'd met this group; because of Akurai's ability to sence intent.

After a long walk he arrived at the inn where they'd all agreed to meet. It was a very nice place considering it's location, and the sailors who were within minded their business well. Dack noticed the others sitting at a large table. He knew most of them, but there were three he didn't know. One was a big man with two swords. Dack had only encountered one elf of that size, his oath brother, the half devil. The other was a mage who still had some size on Dack, but his eyes showed him as a very strong thninker. The last was a female elf, she wore a mask and a cloak that rang of something the Nal-Khan witches wove back home. He sat down next to Chris after greeting the others. Things were ready to begin.

12. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Dyami made sure her tail and other hints of her nature were covered as she rubbed some ashes from a tortch upon her cloak and whispered the words and turned it a shady grey… pure black brought too much attention in an Inn such as this.

As Dyami entered the Inn, the sight she was expecting was much different then she saw: for one, there was a masked beauty beside Aelor… Dyami couldn’t help but take a moment to look this new female over: light but mysterious in appearance, yet overall, she was definitely an assassin like Dyami…. It was enough to make something dark stir within her, though Dyami could not figure out or admit what. There was another man as well, he wore a decorated version of the red mage’s cloak…. Another mage… Dyami knew that she would have to swallow her mistrust in magic users, but this new man, like Luna, would have to earn her trust first. Aelor noticed her arrival and seemed about to greet her when Aeleth came in behind Dyami. Then Aelor stopped, and turned as if he didn’t notice her…. Was…. he jealous? Of Aeleth? Dyami couldn’t help but have a smirk creep up her face at his reaction. This adventure would be interesting to say the least. Dyami also saw Chris giving a hurt, but serious look to the female newcomer and Luna, dressed up as a nun (an ironic disguise) sitting close beside.

“I am glad to see so many have decided to come.” Dyami said as she sat beside Luna. “This is Aeleth.” She said, indicating the warrior elf. “I met him in a small country northeast of here. We had a common objective and worked with each other for a time.” Dyami said, making sure that her voice portrayed that (at least in the past) Aeleth and her relationship was strictly business. “Are you going to introduce these two new others? Or will I have to guess?” Dyami said, trying to speak on a lighter note then she felt.

There was a high amount of tension and energy in the air… These new comers will definitely bring a new dynamic to this group, and maybe even stir up some unknown truths about the existing members as well. Ah… the interactions of such unique beings… this alone would be worth Dyami’s share of any treasure.

13. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    “I am glad to see so many have decided to come.” Dyami said as she sat beside Lunalath. “This is Aeleth.” She said, indicating the warrior elf. “I met him in a small country northeast of here. We had a common objective and worked with each other for a time.” Dyami said keeping her voice sort of..professional.
    “Are you going to introduce these two new others? Or will I have to guess?”

The red robed mage eagerly introduced himself and gave his hand to be shaken, spilling some of his drink to his red robe at the same time. Lunalath couldn't help but to think was she the only one of every mage in Krynn who wasn't silly somehow. Of those whom she knew, they were all silly. After shaking Dyamis and Aeleths hand, Denathdar said ''Oh'' and started to wipe his robe. Luna gave Denathdar a velvet piece of cloth with which he could clean himself up. The man gave her a smile for thanks and consentrated on his cleaning.

Nyla looked at the skene with a small smile on her face. She started to feel hot under the mask and desided to take it off. Her skin looked almost sickly pale of the lack of sunbathing. She had always preferred moonlight over sunlight. The little silverbells in her hair rang slightly as she turned her gaze from the two mages to Dyami and Aeleth. She noticed the nervous yet also forced back energy coming from Aelor and she thought that this must be the woman giving hard ''thinking'' to Aelor. There was something unnatural with this female, she could see it, but not sence it. It wasn't something the Nature itself would be against with.
    ''You can call me Nyla'', she said sweetly and smiled at the two. ''You must be the friend Aelor mentioned of, yes? I'm happy to know he hadn't had to be alone at the time of his brothers passing. I felt really bad not to be there at that time. We are, after all, old friends.''

Lunalath had no interest to listen to the conversation of the new commers so she checked her bag to see if she had everything with her that she needed. It wasn't long until Dack arrived and sat to the only free place, right next to Chris. At that point, they all looked at Luna, as if asking what to do next. She sipped the rest of her vine and said:
    ''We're leaving now.''

From the inn, they headed to the west gate of Palanthas and from there headed to south. All others were talking to each others but Luna. She kept her gaze on the path, which she had lighted with a small magical spark coming from the end of her staff, before her and didn't even slow down until they came to a certain spot of the road and she turned off from the road and took the group in to a forest, leading them to a small open place. There she finally had the freedom to dispell her magick and turned her robes back to black velvet with silver runes in the sleeves. She couldn't help but to notice the astonishment in the new comers eyes, but since Chris, Dack, Dyami and Aelor did nothing, they wouldn't either.
    Dack folded his arms and spoke out his mind:
    ''I think it would be about the time to tell us where we are heading?''
    Lunalath dug her bag and took a case from there where she had placed her maps.
    ''You're absolutely right, my friend'', she said placing her staff against a tree so that it would give light to them all in the darkness of the night and sat to the ground, others following her example. She placed the map before them and pointed out places with her fingers.

[​IMG]

''This is where we are now (Palanthas) and this is where we are heading (Plains of Dust). The place I talked about should be hidden somewhere near this river crossing (the red circle). I was thinking of our route (notice the red line) that we should head from here towards Solanthus, fill up our equipments there and then head forward towards here, crossing the New Sea on this channel and then follow the bank 'till we reach the desert.''
    Then Lunalath said no more, waiting for the others to reply. She had been thinking of the shortest and easiest solution, but she was willing to listen any advices these adventurers would have to offer. It was possible that someone of them would know a better way than the one she had planned.

14. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Denathdar was motioned to sit down with the rest of the group to await the final comers, he decided not to say anymore after being threatened by the Dark Qualinesti. He would have to watch out for her in the future. Being introduced to the other companions, Denathdar was surprised, yet not disappointed at the variety that was before him. Fumbling for a hand-shake he spilt his drink and was offered a cloth to clean his robe; damn these nerves sometimes. He got the impression that the Black robed mage didn't quite trust him, actually he wondered if any in the group trusted him at all.
    'no matter' he thought 'there would be time enough to prove one's self'

After a quick respite another figure entered the inn, a large built man with a great scar that ran through his left eye. After a few minutes the mood of the party turned toward the direction of the journey and heads started to wander towards the Dark Elf mage. Reading the situation, the one called Lunalath drank her wine.
    ''We're leaving now.''

Without hesitation, Denathdar gathered his things in his side bag and followed the rest of the group out of the inn. Staying near the rear of the group, Denathdar was soon lost in his thoughts, about the journey, the artifact - what was it?, and his new companions. He didn't really notice that they were now out of the town and heading down the road to the south of Palanthas. Snapping back to reality, he noticed the group being led down another path into the forest. Watching the group fade from view, Denathdar hurried to keep up, and they soon reached a small clearing. Luna dispelled the simple light magick she had been using and reverted her robes back to the dark velvet and silvery runes. A wonderful robe, Denathdar thought, although I wouldn't doubt that it has seen its fair share of combat.

The pale skinned human then spoke, without hesitation

''I think it would be about the time to tell us where we are heading?''

''You're absolutely right, my friend''

Luna took a map out of her bag and sat on the ground, leaning her staff against a tree for illumination. Seeing that the others were also sitting, Denathdar did also. Luna then began to point out positions on the map, relating to their current placing, the journey and the destination. Following the directions, Denathdar noted only one concern, he felt that this was a good time to speak. Coughing notedly which then got the desired effect of the rest of the group looking his way, Denathdar spoke through nervous lips

"I .. uh see that this route is a good one, direct and quick. But I only have one concern - that is to say .. that I can only see one other stopping point in Solanthus. I think that we may need to stop at a few more towns along the way, for provisions an such? uhh ... hmmm"

Denathdar resumed his thoughtful expression as he awaited a reply.

15. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Dack listened to the red robed mage, Denathdar speak his thoughts about Luna's route. It didn't take Dynami's level of skills to tell he was nervous. Not necessarily about the group, but a bit of a nervous character in general. That was something he'd noticed about mages in this land, they all had very distinct personalities. Back home they were all either stiffs or had very dry sences of humor.

As for the route, Dack thought it looked good, but Denathdar was right. They'd need very strict rationing if they were going to make their supplies last. That wouldn't be a problem for Dack, life on the steppe had drilled rationing skills into him his entire life. However few, if any, of the others had lived that way at any point in their lives.

Dack's main concern was less avoidable. In order to make it to their objective they had to cross a channel through a small sea. If there was anything Dack hated more than shyft, it was boat travel. He'd never gained his sea legs and had a nasty tendancy towards sea sickness. By Luna's current route they spent the least time possible on the water without going well out of their way.

More so than those facts, the only way that would take them through towns would also send them on long trips through the mountains, and that meant dwarves. Not that he had a problem with dwarves, but they were always so grouchy. Even when you got on their good side, that meant staying for weeks, time they couldn't afford.

"I think we're just going to have to make due with what we get in Solanthus. Any other route would take us pretty far out of our way. As long as we all keep in mind how far we've got to go and keep our minds on rationing what we get we should be fine. Just make sure to buy more supplies than you think you'll need, and make sure you can make it last. Food you don't like the taste of too much would probably be a good investment," he said looking over the Denathdar and then the others.

16. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Aeleth had just entered the inn when Dyami introduced him to the rest of the group: “This is Aeleth; I met him in a small country northeast of here. We had a common objective and worked with each other for a time.”

Then Aeleth spoke: “I am Aeleth ‘on Olath, “ then he sat and analysed the group: there were four elves, two half-elves a minotaur and Dyami which was the only one he knew by name. Two of them were obviously magicians, Aeleth could feel it; one of them introduced himself to Aeleth: “My name is Denathdar” he said shaking Aeleth’s hand and accidentally spilling his drink as he did so, then the female mage gave him something to clean himself up.

After another man arrived, Aeleth saw all the others stare at this magician who said it was time to leave, so Aeleth stood and proceeded to follow the others outside.

They made their way south from the town they were at, and it was no long until a man asked the mage where ere they going. Aeleth found this rather amusing, but he said nothing and talked to no one for the time; just followed as a soldier who walks to battle.

Then the mage changed her robe’s colour and, with a magic light, showed the group a map with the route they were following already traced. Aeleth knew the places, but for him, the names sounded odd, he had never heard of such names, what language was that? Maybe he had spent too much time in the Sunless Woods, but at least he remembered the places he had been at before, including one of the outmost importance to Aeleth, and that was very unlikely to have changed at all through time.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  17. Nizati

Nizati ShadowDagger

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    The pale elf took off her mask and introduced herself; ''You can call me Nyla. You must be the friend Aelor mentioned of, yes? I'm happy to know he hadn't had to be alone at the time of his brothers passing. I felt really bad not to be there at that time. We are, after all, old friends.” … old friends. Dyami was not sure what to make of this pale, elven beauty. (How ironic that almost everyone in the group was so pale). For the group, another member, especially an assassin would bode well. Plus, having another assassin around would allow Dyami to measure herself up against someone of her own class. Yes, Dyami would definitely appreciate a… challenge, of any sort. Next, the red-cloaked mage clumsily shook her hand. True, Dyami hated physical contact, but decided to make an exception for the energetic mage… She knew not to judge a person by first impressions: just look at Aelor; thus far, he has been full of surprises. Hopefully, Denathdar would prove himself the same way. Soon the rest were off and so Dyami followed behind.

The path seemed direct enough. And best of all, there were few stops along the way… Good. That was how Dyami preferred to travel anyway. Hunting for food, living off nature, these were things that Dyami has learned to do ever since she left the Shadowblades and has traveled the land west by her own means. Although… she didn’t like the sound of the final destination very much… The plains of dust… sounds like desert terrain, and with that, comes heat... Well, that would not come until awhile so Dyami decided not to worry about. After that, the others started to head out onto a forest covered path, and as usual Dyami decided to take to the trees to keep out of sight and have a better spot to watch and protect the others…. Finally, they were on their way.

18. daraja

daraja Ghost

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    "I .. uh see that this route is a good one, direct and quick. But I only have one concern - that is to say .. that I can only see one other stopping point in Solanthus. I think that we may need to stop at a few more towns along the way, for provisions an such? uhh ... hmmm", Denathdar said and then sat silent again. Then Dack spoke:
    "I think we're just going to have to make due with what we get in Solanthus. Any other route would take us pretty far out of our way. As long as we all keep in mind how far we've got to go and keep our minds on rationing what we get we should be fine. Just make sure to buy more supplies than you think you'll need, and make sure you can make it last. Food you don't like the taste of too much would probably be a good investment," he said looking over Denathdar and then the others.
    ''It does not matter what route we travel my mage friend, for there are no towns nearby the desert, the Plain of Dust as you can see yourself. I am hoping though that we find some village,which will have us, those peope are quite suspicious. But I don't trust that will happen. Surely, we could travel by sea, which might save us a week perhaps, but that is not an option, '' Lunalath said and frowned her forehead. ''Those bloody pirates and I, we don't come along so well you see.''

It was late night, or early morning and they desided to continue theyir travel even though they had wallked for almost the whole night. Lunalath insisted that hey had to get as far from Palanthas as possible, quickly. She didn't like the feeling she had in her stomach. The feeling of being watched.
    They set up a camp in a valley between mountains. They had found a cave, which would protect them from viewers and any possible attack. Though, they did not expect anything special to happen. These mountains were too close to Palanthas and Solanthus to have any draconians or trolls and it was unlikely to come across any dwarves either. But still, they desided to keep a guard when the night started to fall.

Aelor was cooking with Nyla, they were making some sort of vegetable soup. They were talking elvish to one another again, it was easier for them to do so. Lunalath sat ona stone near the cave's entrance, looking at the valley wil dull eyes. She noticed Dyami standing quite near to her, leaning to the stone wall. Luna rose from the stone and took her staff.
    ''Dyami, you remember that little river behind those stones?'' she said and pointed at three huge stones. ''I will be there, if anyone asks. I have to wash myself a little bit ok?''
    With that she was off, walking lightly amongst the rocks. As soon as she got behind the rocks and to the river, she vomited. She coughed and held her stomach cursing aloud. Now Lunalath was sure about it, she was carrying Svartnirs child.

19. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Chris had hardly gotten through the door when a random elf jumped up and started to curse at him, scimitairs drawn in a attacking stance. Aelor tryed to stop her put she pulled away. But in the end Aelor got her calmed down, telling her that Chris was in fact a friend. He was about to ask who the hell this little time bomb was, when she had another outburst.]

''What? But he is a minotaur, they're all mosnters, MONSTERS you hear me!''

Once again Aelor stopped her, and there were all able to settle down, and Chris discovered that the elf was named Nyla Talashi, and was an elven assassian. Chris bit his tounge so hard it nearly bled. If he was a smart @$$ he could have said alot of things, but he decied the best thing was to try and befriend the elf, no matter no predudice she was.

But Chris soon discovered they were once again getting more members and he had to bite his tounge again. How easily could a spy be in there group? Any one of them could turn on them any second and kill all of them in there sleep. Ah... Chris thought. I better just not say a word. It always works it self out that way.

More and more members entered including Dack and anther newbie, Aeleth, who, unlike the other made no attempts to kill of maim him. :)

But the mood got more bussniess like as Lunalath reached into her pack and grabbed a map of the land, and of course their destionations. It seemed pretty good Chris guessed not knowing much about any of the lands picture on Lunalath extensive map.

But with out much further ado they were off to the Plains of Dust. Chris made sure to remember a jug of water.

20. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    "I think we're just going to have to make due with what we get in Solanthus. Any other route would take us pretty far out of our way. As long as we all keep in mind how far we've got to go and keep our minds on rationing what we get we should be fine. Just make sure to buy more supplies than you think you'll need, and make sure you can make it last. Food you don't like the taste of too much would probably be a good investment," he said looking over Denathdar and then the others.

''It does not matter what route we travel my mage friend, for there are no towns nearby the desert, the Plain of Dust as you can see yourself. I am hoping though that we find some village,which will have us, those peope are quite suspicious. But I don't trust that will happen. Surely, we could travel by sea, which might save us a week perhaps, but that is not an option, '' Lunalath said and frowned her forehead. ''Those bloody pirates and I, we don't come along so well you see.''

Denathdar understood this easily, but was still troubled by the lack of stops. Only once had he been on a trip this large, and he didn't want to bring that up again. It only lead to painful memories of his shattered past. So he swallowed the memories and followed the others out of the clearing.

The one called Luna walked with a stoic purpose through the forest, Denathdar suddenly realised how far they had walked. He was so tired and hungry, he had lost all sense of time and direction, so he set to just following the leader. A miracle to his legs arrived in the promise of rest, the group had come upon a cave within which to sleep. The group designated a sentry, and the rest either talked or grabbed the beckoning sleep, Denathdar was quick to follow suit.

He lay there in the cave, surrounded by strangers, but also by friends. Denathdar was one to retreat into his thoughts and he forgot the world around him quickly. He did not notice the two chatting in the cave entrance and then Luna left. Shortly after, Denathdar sensed sudden powerful feelings from the surroundings which made him jerk his eyes open. Focusing on the direction they were coming from, he located a position to the south of the cave, although he did not know who or what were emmitting them. He decided to leave the matter and concentrate on sleep. His mind delving in random thoughts and then the darkness enveloped him. Forgetting quickly the events of the day, and the memories of his broken past.