RPG #11 - Fallen Salvation

Discussion in 'RPG #11 - Fallen Salvation' started by Nienor, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Rosgwak

Rosgwak The Masked Warrior

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Belzar walked along the plains in silence, aware of the group travelling behind him. As he walked, his thoughts stewed around in his head. It was disappointing that the elven commander had not lent them any of the forces, but it was only to be expected after all. They didn't want to strecth their forces any thinner, especially for a plan like Belzar's. But it still annoyed him that they were so narrow-minded about it. Oh well, guess they're only option now was to go to the next port of call.

Stopping suddenly, Belzar spun around and looked at the group.
    "Ok, everyone listen. Now, our plan at the elven encampment obviously went further astray then I originally intended. It shouldn't be an issue, but let's try and avoid any elven camps from now on. Hopefully we'll have next luck at our next stop." At this point, Belzar paused and looked at Savage, almost feeling sympathy for her before remembering the task at hand. "The nearest village is a small Felis one, in the forests to the east." he said, pointing in that direction. "The Felis aren't heavily involved in this war, but they do still do their part. We're gonna see if we can convince some of them to help us. We'll travel for a few more hours, then make camp for the night. First light, we head off again. Got it?" he asked, and then, when no reply was forthcoming, took it as a unanimous yes, and started off again.

After a few more hours, of uninterrupted, montonous walking, Belzar stopped near a small strand of trees. It wasn't anything like the forests they'd already been in, but it would afford cover, should they need it. Pushing through to the centre of the cover, Belzar crouched down, and started a fire while the others filed in behind him. Within a few minutes, Belzar had started quite a nice fire, to stand against the rapidly oncoming darkness. Looking up, Belzar muttered "It gets darker quicker these days." before standing up and walking outside the trees, by himself. Standing with his back against the trees and the fire, Belzar stared out at the night, and sunk into private reflection once more.

2. Lillith Forbid

Lillith Forbid Returned Queen of Bondage

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Lillith walked behind th whole group, bringing up the rear. Her diguise was gone and her angeli appearane came back slowly. First one wing than another, than the plant and flowers started reacting like they once did. Her dulled sences came back and she had a more light floating step to her. It was still weighted down by the tencity in the air. The atmosphere around the group had taken a mighty downfall since the encampment. None of them had seen Bayltisar yet, so Lillith assumed that he had stayed at the camp to clear a few things up then return later.

As they were walking, Belzar turned around to face the group. She looked down, avoiding his eye while he spoke.

"Ok, everyone listen. Now, our plan at the elven encampment obviously went further astray then I originally intended. It shouldn't be an issue, but let's try and avoid any elven camps from now on. Hopefully we'll have next luck at our next stop. The nearest village is a small Felis one, in the forests to the east. The Felis aren't heavily involved in this war, but they do still do their part. We're gonna see if we can convince some of them to help us. We'll travel for a few more hours, then make camp for the night. First light, we head off again. Got it?"

The gruop stayed silent annd he took it as a yes. Lillith, looking at her feet followed the rest of the group as they continued on. It was strange. everytime Belzar looked her way or looked at them all, down went her eyes. she couldnt look him in the face. She guessed that she didnt know how he would react to what she said back there, insulting him like that.

After a few hours, they rested at a strand of trees. tHe trees giggled at her as she sat dwon near them. Leaves brushed her cheeks as she watched Belzar make a fire. Taking a hand and waving it gently into the air, she plucked a single strand of wind and held onto it like a thread. blowing onit softly, she sent the other end of the strand t Belzar, having it rest gently on his shoulder and curl around his ear.

" I'm sorry for insulting you, I didnt know what I was doing, back there, because I know that you suffer greatly" sHe paused a bit than continued " You were right, I dont understand your reasons for being mad, and I guess, thats all.." and, even thought she was several yards away from him, all the wayacrossed the camp, he still heard her clearly.

3. Morgan_of_Salerone

Morgan_of_Salerone New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    "The nearest village is a small Felis one, in the forests to the east." Belzar said, pointing in the appropriate direction. Savage stiffened, the rest of Belzar's words lost as her mind tried to absorb the information. First elves, now felis? Her short coat of fur kept her skin one unbroken colour, but beneath it her face was pale. She looked down at the blood on her hands, blood she hadn't had the time to wash off. Elven blood. The blood of her people.

Savage's hands began to tremble. She wasn't ready for this. There was a reason she had stayed in that forest, a reason that was becoming painfully clear. She clenched her hands and lowered them to her sides. Her face betrayed no emotion, exept perhaps the lingering air of despair. She followed the group unconsciously, her feet placing themselves silently one in front of the other. She was afraid. Afraid of herself, afraid of what she would do, afraid of everything. She blinked back tears, surprised by her own sorrow.

What would she do if the felis made her angry? What would happen when Belzar said something that made her cross? Or Sylavanas? Or Rosa? Would she hurt the only people who had accepted her, shown her kindness? Was she was really what she had been named, a savage that could not be trusted? At one time the name had thrilled her, imagining that her enemies whispered it with fear. Now it mocked her. She was dead.

Dead, dead! That's what we should be! Dead, so our dark companionship can no longer be shared. Dead, like our ancestors, our brothers, our sisters. Dead, so that we can finally rest, without this heavy burden of grief." Savage flinched away from the words of her felis blood, cringing in a dark corner of her mind.

You should be dead! You've killed our brethen! You're a murderer! You should drown yourself like your mother said, before you can hurt any more of these good people! The elven blood cried, Savage's bitter shame giving the words edge, making them cut deeper.

But no...it wasn't her fault. They had provoked her, insulted her. They were going to kill her anyways. They deserved to die. They all deserved to die. Every last one of them.

Savage curled her hand around the grisly necklace of elven hair and felis claws. She felt a pang of regret. She had left those pretty heads without taking her prize. Even in death, those cursed elves cheated her.

4. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Belzar was standing, facing the oncoming night, when he heard a voice in his ear, almost a whisper. Listening to it, he knew it was Lilith, and her apology for before. Belzar merely stiffened his expression and turned further away. Thought he wouldn't admit it, he did over-react just a little bit, despite what his reasons were. And his over-reaction was possibly what cost them the elven reinforcements. But reflecting on it, maybe more elves in the group with Savage wasn't the smartest way to go. Speaking of Savage...

Looking around, Belzar saw Savage crouched by the fire, clutching her necklace. He wasn't sure, but he thought he could see, deep in her usually calm eyes, flashes of fear and worry. Leaving his post, Belzar walked over to Savage and crouched down next to her. He was silent for a few seconds. He knew he should say something to try and comfort her, but he wasn't any good at diplomacy. This was why he preferred to travel alone. No companions, no social interaction needed, and no offence caused. Turning to look at Savage, Belzar paused.

"I'm sorry." he finally settled on. "I know you don't want to go through a Felis village, any more than you wanted to enter an elven encampment. I understand your fear. You're different. I'm different. Both of us are shunned because of our difference. Believe me, if there was any other path, I'd take it. But Felis are excellent warriors, and we need whatever help we can get. I promise, after this, we'll try and avoid any elves or Felis, but let's make sure they're not going to help us first, hmm?" he said, finishing. He then crouched there next to Savage, letting her make whatever reply she felt was needed. But after a few minutes he stood up again.
    "Look, just know I'm sorry, but we need to do this." he said, then walked off.

Walking off, Belzar passed Lilith, and gave her a look. The apology was a start, but he felt they had some things they needed to sort out between them. The last demon and angel... last of the Great Races... it was about time they came to an official truce, for everyone's sake. After letting Lilith know he wanted to talk to her, Belzar turned and walked back to his post outside of the trees, and light.

5. AcrobaticHippo

AcrobaticHippo Determined

In Turtleopia, training Elan's turtles :P
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Rosa padded over to the fire and sat down gingerly, warming her hands. She glanced over at Savage. The half-felis was fingering her necklace, lost in thought. Her face held an expression of intense worry, making Rosa's heart go out to her.

Rosa scooted over to Savage. "Savage, I...I'm sorry this had to happen to you..."

The felis looked at her with amber eyes but said nothing. Rosa decided against saying anything more for fear of irritating Savage and, after giving her arm a quick squeeze, went back to her place.

She head a sound and found Sylavanas sitting down next to her. She turned to him, both their faces illuminated by the firelight. "I...I didn't have a chance to tell you my decision then, but I will now. I am willing to learn the art and intricacies of magic from you." Sylavanas did not say anything, but his kind smile told all. After smiling gratefully at him, she looked around the clearing. Belzar had walked off somewhere after explaining his plans to Savage and telling Lillith that he wanted to speak to her. She could not understand his thinking, but told herself that she did not want to meddle in his personal affairs, anyway.

A low rumbling in the pit of her stomach alerted her to the fact that she had swallowed not a morsel for hours. She rarely got hungry; endurance training had toughened her up, but no false scenarios that Allera had put her through compared to the distress she had just undergone. I guess Lady Allera forgot to mutilate half of an elven encampment, show me the scene and tell me that she did it, she thought, shuddering slightly at the memories of blood. Or maybe it was just her; she was just a weakling, a pathetic being, not worthy of any powers bestowed upon her...

She needed to eat. The gnawing feeling at her stomach was growing larger, and she needed to neutralise it. What was she to do? She needed something to take her mind off her sorrows; there was no food, Sylavanas was already fast asleep by the fire, snoring loudly, and Savage did not seem very approachable at the moment.

She was very certain Belzar would refuse if she were to ask him whether they could look for food; he would not want members of his party straying off to catch fish and get lost somewhere, would he? She heard voices coming from a clump of trees; she assumed they belonged to Belzar and Lillith. She thought of putting off her plan and going to sleep, but a nagging thought had latched itself onto her brain. Guess stupidity is worth the price if you're looking for some bravery, right?

Rosa shook her head frantically. No! I'm not about to sneak off on my own and get dragged somewhere to be raped and murdered by some sicko...I'd rather go to sleep feeling hungry and sad and let it be!

Ah, but you've always wanted to prove yourself, haven't you? There's the thrill of being out there in the dark, fighting for yourself...to achieve a goal and be happy...all by yourself! You've always been a dependent, pathetic, innocent brat, Rosa, the voice said.

NO!!! I'm NOT!!! she screamed internally. Her inner voice reverberated throughout her mind, making it throb in pain.

You're weak...you're foolish...you're a coward...

NOOO!!!

The small voice was there; it was taunting her, making her head ache. Rosa wanted so much to quell it, to prove to it that she was not a coward, yet, how could she do so without looking like a complete idiot?

Reason and the desire to prove herself clashed; desire won.

Rosa got up as her hands strayed casually to her waist. She had in there a scabbard, which contained a small dagger one of the elves had fondly given her. She traced its blade with her finger and slipped out of the clearing. No one noticed. Savage had by then nodded herself off to sleep, occasionally making soft purring snores.

Rosa gripped her dagger so tightly that her knuckles turned white; she could make out the clear, blue river not far off, its waters still, reflecting the moon, occasionally swaying from the ripples which ran through the river.

She started towards it, but had not gone more than three or four steps when a strong hand grabbed her arm, wrested the dagger from her and pinned her in an arm lock. The person was not quick enough to clamp on Rosa's mouth though; a ear-splitting shriek pierced the blanket of silence before Rosa's mouth was sealed shut by the other hand.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  6. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Lillith blinked a bit as belzar got up to go talk to Svage for a minute. After a few moments, when their whispers died down, Belzar walked back to her and gave her a look. Confused for a moment, Lillith shrugged as she watched him walk off, then jumped up. Oh, he wanted to talk with her! Almost laughing at her foolish-ness, she hopped up and wuietly followed belzar to his post he had been at. She rustled the leaves underfoot as she did so, making sure Belzar knew she was following him. Tucking her wings inside her dress to keep them warm.

Walking up to him, her grey eyes glowing slightly in the night. She was at a loss for words as she stood there, looking at the demon, no NOT the demon, Belzar, only belzar. SHe was not goig to call him the demon anymore, just Belzar, for he did not choose to be a demon, but he was a person. Sighing lighlty she leaned against the tree and looked at him. Gathering up her courage, she said " Did you take my apologie, or would you like another one?"

HE didnt say anything so she went on " I guess another one? I would explain myself rather. FOr one, I cant understand you. That make make you mad, but I cant. I cant understand the demon race and how they are treated becuase I am an angel, and my race is treated with respect by almost everyone on earth. SO , therefore, I cannot understand why you blew up like that, and I am sorry for that. I shouldnt've tried to--"

A scream pierced the night, making her jump, and probally Belzar too.

" Rosa...." Lillith whispered , her voice shaking. Looking at Belzar, she looked uncertain for a moment. After a moment, she turned on her heels and race.

Where was the child? SHe thought over and over again. Surely the others had not let her off on herself. Stumbling and trippign, lillith tried hard not to curse.

Then, as her nerves were rattled, she jumped in the air and outspread her wing. Soring in the air, her wings stretched magnificiently out from each of her shoulderblades. Calling out into the night, her vioce echoed into the air " ROSA!!?"

7. Sylavanas

Sylavanas Druid

In the midst of a sacred grove, or possibly Austra
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The piercing scream tore Sylavanas from his sleep. He leapt to his feet as Mara raced off in the direction of the cry Savage close behind the wolf. The druid glanced around and saw no sign of Belzar nor Lilith but quick reasoning told him they were a match for almost anything, Rosa on the other hand… By now Sylavanas was sprinting along after Mara and Savage, he caught up to them as they paused to inspect some crushed leaves and broken branches. Savage growled angrily “Rosa’s been taken.” The elf nodded and then addressed Mara, “Can you follow their trail?” The wolf sniffed around momentarily before finding the scent and letting out a howl to signal the hunt was on. Mara sprung off along the trail with Sylavanas following close behind and Savage running alongside. All three travelled swiftly, their quarry would not elude them.

8. Morgan_of_Salerone

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Savage tossed in her sleep, battling imaginary foes and reliving her tortured past in her dreams.

A pale Rosa glanced up at her with fear and revulsion over the bloody corpse of an elven soldier, then the dream shifted and she was gazing over an entire field of bodies. Several of them began to rise, only to fill Savage with horror as she realized they were her companions.

“You killed us!” They moaned, and Savage cried out and cowered away, covering her face with her hands.
    “No…” she whimpered. “No… I didn’t!”

Rosa’s lips parted and a high piercing scream erupted from them, painful to the warrior’s sensitive ears.

“Stop, Rosa! Stop!” Savage shrieked, wincing away.

“Rosa!” Savage cried, bolting upright. The scream carried on through the night, alerting her of its reality. It was cut off abruptly, and with a quick glance, the ex-mercenary noted Rosa wasn’t there. She leapt to her feet, dashing after the druid’s wolf Mara in the direction of the scream. She heard Lillith call out Rosa’s name, but there was no audible reply. Mara slowed and stopped to sniff at some crushed leaves and broken branches. Savage stopped to and was joined by Sylavanas.

“Rosa’s been taken.” she growled angrily. How could she have been so stupid? Before her life as a mercenary, death had been a frightening and unsettling encounter. To see a friend standing over a pile of bodies covered in blood… Why hadn’t she said anything to Rosa? Why hadn’t she made sure she was alright?

Because you were ashamed, her elven blood choked. Ashamed because you killed our kin!

Savage shook her head, clearing the voices from her mind. She glanced at Sylavanas, who was on the ground with Mara, studying the broken foliage.

“Can you follow their trail?” he asked the wolf. She sniffed around for the scent and, letting out a howl, sprung off along the trail with Sylavanas following. Savage took a moment of her own to find the scent, but it was weak, mingled with the strong scent of crushed leaves as it was. The ex-mercenary cursed her half blood for the thousandth time, and sprinted after the druid and the wolf.

Trees passed by in a blur. Savage leaped up into the boughs of one and began to travel across the branches, her skill and agility carrying her as swiftly as if she were on the ground. Her blood pounded in her head, her breath was heavy. Her felis instincts began to take hold; the hunt became the primal game of life and death. Everything else melted away. The voices ceased to exist. Sylavanas and Mara fell behind. The only sounds were the pounding of the blood in her veins and her heavy breath.

The scent of her prey wafted through the air accompanied by the snap of a twig, and Savage changed her course to follow them, the forest flashing by in a shroud of speed. She landed silently on a branch near her quarry, an unspoken snarl on her lips. Strange eyes me her eyes, and she dove for the kill.

9. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    The hand clamping tightly on Rosa's mouth fell slack as a set of claws drove deep into her captor's jugular, narrowly missing Rosa's head. She fought back the urge to scream and looked around frantically, her heart thumping madly. Savage!?

A long, quavering cry of the fallen issuing from the man's lips jolted her and she immediately jumped out of the way as he slumped forward in an arc. His was dead before he hit the ground.

All was quiet.

"ROSA!" Savage's voice shrieked before a dark figure hurtled towards her. Before she had time to react, a pair of furry arms wrapped around her, enveloping her in a hug. Rosa felt a rush of gratitude for the blanket of warmth which almost immediately blanketed her.

She looked up at Savage, who had tears glistening around the edges of her eyes. "I'm sorry..." she whispered, looking up at her with large emerald eyes. Savage held her tighter. "It's all okay now, Rosa..."

"Rosa!!! Are you okay, child?!" Lillith called out as Rosa turned. The angel was standing a few feet from her. She glowed with beauty and radiance as always, her pale figure contrasting with the black of the night, but this time her dark eyes were filled with worry. Belzar arrived a moment later, his face displaying his worry to all, but this time a new emotion was also added to it : anger. He opened his mouth. Probably to give me a scolding, Rosa realised, shrinking back slightly. Lillith, seeing the look on her face, admonished the demon. " This isn't the time to scold her, Belzar. Save it for later," she hissed quietly.

Rosa took deep breaths to calm her racing nerves. " I-I'm okay, everyone. I was...just frightened, very, very frightened..." she replied.

"Everyone." They all turned. Sylavanas was looking at the three, his finger pointing at the clothes adorned by the corpse. Mara was prowling around the corpse, sniffing at it. "There's some kind of crest on his clothes. I can't recognize it, but it looks like a royal coat-of-arms to me..."

Rosa padded over to the corpse. She hesitated a moment before bending over him to study the crest. " Alright...there's a golden lion in the centre...two silver eagles flanking it...a pair of swords crossed together..." Blood drained from her face as realization hit her.

She looked up at them."It's the Callarghaen Insignia...we all know it's a major superpower in the war, joining the races of Gaia in battle against the evils..." Lessons taught by the Sorceress Allera on history of the various kingdoms came floating back to her mind. "What would they be doing in the forest?"

"I saw one of the guards around during daylight, but he did no harm to me. He only observed me with his eyes and allowed me to pass," Sylavanas interjected. His face held a puzzled expression. "Why would they attack Rosa?"

"They were probably prowling the forest for the dark warriors..." Rosa mused. "But how could they mistake me for a dark warrior? I was wearing bright clothes...unless..."

A chill ran down her spine as her mind strayed to a possiblity lingering at the back of her mind. No, it can't be...why would they want me? I'm not that important, am I? I'm just a simple peasant girl... Happily, nothing had happened and she had Savage to thank for that.

She glanced up again to find the others looking down at her worriedly. Finally, Belzar spoke. " Let's get some sleep first, everyone. We don't know why the Callarghaen King's Guard captured Rosa, but all we know is, we've got to be more careful. Let's keep close together, especially for you, Rosa. I'll deal with you later."

As they made their way back to the clearing, Rosa caught up to Sylavanas. "I...I think I need to leanr magic as soon as I can," she told him nervously. He looked at her and replied, " Indeed, Rosa, indeed."

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  10. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Lillith heard the man's dying cry as she rushed through the forest after the blurr that she recognized as Savage. She must've found the captor The angel thought with a rush of graditude for Savage at the moment. But the dying cry tore at her. That man was dieing, another living dying. Good thing too, she thought with a grind of her teeth. Poor Rosa, to be kidnapped in the night. RUshing into the clearing where she saw Savage, Rosa and the fallen form of the captor, she rushed forward.

"Rosa!!! Are you okay, child?!" Lillith shakingly asked almost frantically. She looked over the girl. She seemed a little flushed, but fine. Gratfull that she was okay, she smiled openly, yet her eyes still filled with worry. If something wouldve happened to the girl, everyone would be filled with a damp cloud of regret and bitterness. Behind her, Belzat emerged from the trees. IT was strange. He also was filled with slight worry to the look of him, but he also displayed soemthing else. Anger?! Frowning inwardly, as Belar was opening his mouth to say something, Lillith cut him off.

" This isn't the time to scold her, Belzar. Save it for later," she snapped quietly to the demon. The girl had been shaken alright, but to scold her now would only cause tears.

Listening to Rosa explain about the dark warriors and the insignia, Lillith held a calm expression of puzzlement. Ros obviously had a position where these warriors wanted her out of the way or capture her for themselves. Lillith, lost in thought , looked down at her feet. This might be all too much for the girl.

" Let's get some sleep first, everyone. We don't know why the Callarghaen King's Guard captured Rosa, but all we know is, we've got to be more careful. Let's keep close together, especially for you, Rosa. I'll deal with you later." Belzar snapped her out of her thoughts when his harsh reply. Smiling with relief before they went off back to the camp, Lillith embraced Rosa in a soft hug and pecked a kiss on her forehead. " A worry to us all, yet you can call all the group to you in one scream" sHe smiled at the girl than caught up to Belzar.

Walking besides the demon, Lillith shifted her wings a bit and opened her mouth. As the words were about to escape her mouth, Belzar cut her off.

" Do not make a fool of me only because I was angry at the girl. sHe had no right to wander off in the night, she couldve had precautions with this kindve thing" Lillith frowned and folded her arms.

" Yes but the girl was shaken, she didnt need your anger at the time, you can explain your points later when she is not is such a bad shape. She does not need your anger, she is only a girl."

" Indeed, but a girl that is with dangerous company as all of us. If she need be careful, this would not have happened"

Giving up, the angel folded her wings and draped the back of her gown over them to keep the chill out. wIth a last reply, she ended the arguement "Think about your words to the girl when you talk to her" And then they both went silent until they came back to the camp.

11. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Belzar returned to his post outside of the clearing and stood with his back towards the fire, looking out into the night, and waiting. To anyone who may have walked by without realising he was there, he would have blended in almost perfectly with the dark trees, and this was a useful skill he'd perfected over many years. However, his waiting was very soon interrupted by Lilith arriving by his side. Turning towards her, he glared at her, as she launched into an explanation about the events back at the camp, and her understanding of certain things. In fact, Belzar was almost about to interrupt her himself, when suddenly a piercing scream filled the night and cut her off instantly. Spinning around on his heels, his dagger was in his hand as he ran after Lilith towards the scream.

As they ran through the forest towards the source of the fear-filled scream, Belzar's mind was already racing. He could smell, ahead of him, the scents of his companions. However there were also a few strange scents he didn't recognise, and he wondered about them. But as he burst through the trees ahead of him, following on the heels of Lilith, one of the scents was explained. Rosa was crouched on the ground nearby a slashed corpse, and standing nearby, with bloody claws, was Savage. Swift as anything, Belzar sheathed his dagger, and glared into the trees surrounding the little clearing. Besides the smell of the now deceased guard, there were two more strange scents, but no-one in the shadows around the clearing. After a few seconds, distressed though he was, Belzar turned his attention back to the girl cowering near the dead guard. Glaring at her, Belzar was about to let loose with some words of anger, when he was quickly interrupted by Lilith. Resigning himself to just glaring, Belzar waited silently as the group discussed the guard and the implications it could have.

However, after a few seconds of going in circles, Belzar could wait no longer, and he interrupted, suggesting it was time to retire, and also making sure Rosa understood he would be talking to her later. As he turned and walked out of the clearing, back to their fire, he smirked. Of course he wasn't really angry at Rosa. In fact, secretly he admired her audacity, and the fact she betrayed a direct order from him. Insolence may not be admirable, but once or twise it could be forgiven as initiative, which was very useful. However, it still didn't hurt to make it clear who was in charge here. Unfortunately, soon Lilith caught up with him, and began admonishing him for his treatment of Rosa. Despite his feelings a few seconds again, Belzar immediately jumped to the defensive, refusing to be told off by an angel, and just as they arrived back at the fire, she gave up. Smiling once more, Belzar pushed through the trees and watched as the others returned and went back to their places.

Soom, as the night was well and truly setting in, Belzar sat and stared into the fire, thinking. A royal guard in the forest, grabbing small girls? That was no coincedence. Not from a highly trained Royal Guard, from one of the biggest human kingdoms around. And those extra smells? Belzar was willing to bet money they were a couple of other guards sitting around and watching the proceedings. If that was the case, Belzar had to applaud their stealth abilities. However, it also meant they'd report back as soon as they could to others of their kind. Thinking this, Belzar got to his feet and quietly left the clearing, sitting down outside, in the darkness, and waiting once more. It was a few hours, but soon his patience was rewarded, by a small fire in the distance blinking on and off, then another even further away. It was an easy enough trick, using a blanket to block the light of a fire to form coded messages from far away. Unfortunately the human kingdoms all used the same code, and it was no trouble for Belzar to decipher the message originally sent by the watching guards. But once he read it, he knew their journey would now be a lot more difficult. For now Callarghaen, one of the strongest human kingdoms, was on the lookout for their little travelling party, with orders to arrest them on sight, no less! Smiling grimly as he climbed to his feet, Belzar thought about how difficult this could make their journey in future, but returning to the clearing and laying down, he decided to deal with that trouble as he came up. With that final thought, Belzar fell asleep.

12. Morgan_of_Salerone

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    “It's the Callarghaen Insignia...” Rosa said quietly. “We all know it's a major superpower in the war, joining the races of Gaia in battle against the evils...” Savage nodded her head in agreement. She remembered that war. Remembered it too well, perhaps. “What would they be doing in the forest?” the girl finished.

"I saw one of the guards around during daylight, but he did no harm to me…” Sylavanas’ voice quieted as Savage turned inward with her thoughts, trying to decipher the puzzle the whole event presented. Belzar’s voice pierced her musings, pulling her back into reality.

“Let's get some sleep first, everyone. We don't know why the Callarghaen King's Guard captured Rosa, but all we know is, we've got to be more careful. Let's keep close together, especially for you, Rosa. I'll deal with you later.”

Savage glanced over at Belzar. Stay close to the group? Never. It was hard enough to travel close to them day after day, regardless of how kind they were to her. She just did not have the capacity to spend every moment of every day with them without going insane.

I already AM insane. Savage berated herself. I should have left this group weeks ago. But as she had done once before, when the group began to move out, she followed, trailing at the back of the pack.

Savage looked down at her hands. They were caked with blood from both the elven soldiers earlier and the human just now. It was revolting. Glancing up at the rest of the group, Savage slipped off into the forest, searching for a stream. It wasn’t too long before the scent and sound led her to one, and she knelt by its icy waters.

Plunging her hands into the stream, Savage began to scrub at them furiously. The layer of fresh blood washed off easily, but the dried, caked on layer of elven blood refused to come off. Savage scratched at it with her nails, tearing at her hands with little notice to the pain she wrought upon herself. She scrubbed to remove the blood. She scrubbed to remove the reminders of her tortured past. She scrubbed to forget everything and anything.

“OW!” Savage cursed as she pulled her hands from the water. They were covered with scratches; long, shallow scratches from her uncaring claws. The ex-mercenary stared, shocked for a moment. Then with a shaky sigh, Savage stood and slipped through the forest, entering the camp like a shadow, hoping her absence had gone unnoticed.

13. Sylavanas

Sylavanas Druid

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sylavanas was troubled as the group returned to where they had first camped that night, he remembered seeing the guard that day and was puzzled by its behaviour. As most of the group settled down to rest Sylavanas settled down in a spot with a good view of the camp and the surrounds. Mara sat beside him regally scanning the surrounds, the two of them remained unobtrusively on guard. The two observed Belzar slip off into the dark, Savage stealthily return from the forests and then as time passed Belzar return. Once all of them were asleep, or seemed to be, the druid and wolf rose from their positions. With naught but a glance between then the two scouted the outskirts of the camp, checking for any observers hidden in the undergrowth. They found nothing but the whisper on the wind. When the pair returned they took it in turns to watch the group whilst the other slept, and in this manner night passed.
    When dawn arose Sylavanas was on watch and seated comfortably on a log not far from the ashes of the fire, Mara sleeping peacefully at his side. As the others awakened Sylavanas searched for some food for their morning meal, leaving Mara to sleep for a while longer. After he had made some substantial finds including various fruits and some edible flowers he returned. Lilith and Savage were at the camp, Savage seated a little away from where the others had slept that night. Sylavanas deposited his food near the fire and looked around for Rosa and Belzar, but they were not to be seen. He approached Lilith, the angel was busy making ready for their departure and smiled as he neared. With a nod of his head the elf inquired as to the whereabouts of Rosa, the smile of the angel flickered briefly and she pointed off into the woods “She’s with Belzar, he’s giving her a lecture I think.” The elf nodded in gratitude and withdrew to awaken Mara. As he passed Savage he noticed long slender cuts on the felis’ hands, pausing beside her he rummaged in his cloak before finding a few of the herbs he had used before on her wounds. Crouching down he put them on the ground beside her, “Here these should help them heal” he said quietly. Then he stood up before Savage could respond and strode to Mara’s side to sit back on his log. There he would wait for Belzar and Rosa’s return, he needed to think, it was time to teach Rosa what he could of magic.

14. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Folding her wings confortably behind her, Lillith settled down next to an old ash tree that had called to her like a warm mother whne thier child went astray. Excepting the tree's warm greeting, she settled her back against it with tiredness. Instantly, she was cusioned by moss that sprouted up behind her back. vine snaked over her and convered her like a light blnket, not wrapping too tightly, just enough so she could wriggle out in the morning or if the night need be disturbed. Keeping her shining sword on her stomach, under the vines, she stretched out her wings and covered herface and arms. Finally, being confortable, she slipped off into slumber in her cacoon of wing and vine.

~~

The morning dawned nicely. Folding back her wings, she tapped the ash tree and was relieved as the tree withdrew it vines. sMiling gently to it, she stroked a hand down it and got up, looking around. Belzar and Rosa were gone. Lillith rolled her eyes and looked for the others, she spotted Savage. Sylavanas was gone. Not too concerned, for he would be with his companion wolf, she started getting the camp ready for a departure when Belzar and Rosa came back from there talk. Noticing a rustle behind her, she looked and saw Sylavanas emerging from the woods . She smiled gently and replied as he inquired about the where abouts of Rosa. Her smile stumbled a bit and she pointed off around her shoulder.

" She's with belzar, he's giving her a lecture, I think." The elf nodded and Lillith smiled and continued to pack up camp an the supplies. Now all they had to do was wait for the two to come back.

15. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    The next morning, Belzar woke in time to watch the rising sun. As usual, he didn't need much sleep, and he was one of the first to rise. The others were all still fast asleep. Climbing to his feet, Belzar decided to change that for one of his companions, and walking over to Rosa, he gently kicked her in the side, sending her into a state of alertness almost immediately. When her initial shock had died down, Belzar crouched down and grinned at her, gently yet firmly grabbing her arm.
    "We're gonna go for a little walk, human." he said, inwardly loving the effect his carefully chosen words were having on the girl. Then, pulling her to her feet, Belzar walked off out of the clearing, dragging her with him.

A few minutes later, Belzar stopped by a small stream. Letting go of Rosa, he bent down, and began to wash his face, and take a drink. He continued like this for a few minutes, letting the tension build between himself and Rosa. Then, standing up suddenly, he turned to her. After a few further seconds of silence, he smiled at her, and suddenly whipped a dagger out of his clothes, and held it out to her.
    "Okay Rosa, I'll be honest with you. I know I gave you all direct orders last night to stay in the clearing, and I am incredibly angry you disobeyed those orders, especially due to the trouble its now landed us in. However", he said, his expression softening, "I'm glad you guys can still think for yourselves. When the trouble really begins I want to know each and every one of you can take care of themselves, not do what Mr Demon tells you, ok?"
    Belzar then spun the dagger around his finger, and held the handle out to Rosa.
    "This is for you. Learn to use it, and you'll be fine." he said, and as soon as Rosa had taken the weapon he abruptly grabbed her arm again and dragged her back to the clearing. He may have been momentarily sympathetic, but that didn't mean he had to dawdle and waste time either.

Bursting back into the clearing, Belzar let go of Rosa's arm and looked at everyone.
    "Ok people, get your stuff packed up, we're out of here! We've got a Felis village to get to as soon as we can, and a lot of ground to cover before we do. Plus we may have some rather unhappy people after us now, so let's not make it any easier for them to find us! Let's go!" he bellowed, then, after packing up his own gear and waiting for the other to do likewise, he turned and walked off

16. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Rosa moaned and stirred slightly as she felt someone kicking her in the side. Her eyes fluttered open; upon seeing Belzar, she was instantly wide awake. She stared up at him with wide, almost pleading eyes. What is he going to do to me?

A grin appeared on Belzar's face as he crouched down and took hold of Rosa's arm. "We're gonna go for a little walk, human," he said, his lip curling. Rosa's eyes grew larger as she shuddered inwardly at what was going to happen next.

Before she could think any further, though, she felt a sharp yank on her arm and found herself on her feet. "Hey!" A word of protest escaped her lips before she could stop it, but no matter; Belzar took no notice. He strode out of the clearing, dragging her with him. "My boots-!" Rosa yelped as the leather was dragged against the rough ground. Boots were expensive for her, and she doubted she would get the luxury of buying a new pair anytime soon. She wanted them to last till she started earning enough gold coins from her special talent-she could use her special talent at inns. Rosa highly doubted that piece of information would make him stop dragging her, though.

He abruptly stopped at a stream , causing her to bump into him. "Oof!" she grunted. He let go of her and went towards the stream. Rosa hid part of her body behind a huge tree trunk, watching him nervously as he drank water from his cupped hands. She had a vibe that he was doing this on purpose; she wanted this to be over as quickly as possible.

She started as he stood up suddenly. A few seconds passed before he smiled at her and withdrew a dagger from his clothes. Nervousness turned into wild panic as Rosa shrank back behind the tree. This is it...my life's over!!!

"Rosa." Belzar spoke. "I'm not going to hurt you." He held the dagger out to her. "Okay Rosa, I'll be honest with you. I know I gave you all direct orders last night to stay in the clearing, and I am incredibly angry you disobeyed those orders, especially due to the trouble its now landed us in."

"However", he said, his expression softening, "I'm glad you guys can still think for yourselves. When the trouble really begins I want to know each and every one of you can take care of themselves, not do what Mr Demon tells you, ok?"

He's not going to scold or kill me after all, Rosa thought, relieved. She took a step forward and smiled. "Can I catch it?"

Belzar nodded and spun the weapon around his fingers.. "This is for you. Learn to use it, and you'll be fine." he told her as she caught it by the handle. Before she had time to examine the handle, though, he grabbed her roughly by the arm and dragged her back to the camp.

As soon as they reached the camp, Belzar let go of Rosa and started giving instructions to the whole party. Rosa scurried towards where her belongings were kept and gathered them all. "It's okay, Lillith," she whispered to the angel who was hovering nearby, a questioning look on her face. "He didn't really scold me or anything...he just gave me this." She held the dagger out to Lillith. The angel's expression changed to that of relief as she admired the handiwork of the dagger. "It's beautiful..." she murmured, turning the blade and admiring the way sunlight bounced off its blade.

"Well, Rosa, you've got twin daggers, so I'm sure you can take care of yourself until we get a staff for you," Liilith said, smiling fondly at her. She then dropped a peck on Rosa's cheek before setting off after Belzar.

Rosa smiled to herself as she tucked the dagger in her boot. Now I feel more protected...

17. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    As the two came back, Lillith grew a bit nervous.

"Ok people, get your stuff packed up, we're out of here! We've got a Felis village to get to as soon as we can, and a lot of ground to cover before we do. Plus we may have some rather unhappy people after us now, so let's not make it any easier for them to find us! Let's go!" Belzar boomed to them as soon as he emerged out of the woods, with a shaken, yet relieved Ros behind him.

Hoovering aorund them, she watched as Belzar immediatly went to go pack up his stuff. She had cleared the fire, with the help of some plants androots, so they only needed to gather thier own possesions. Woundnt take that long to do. fOllowing Rosa over to her things, Lillith hovered around her uncertainly until Rosa looked up and smiled"It's okay, Lillith," SHe said to her and Lillith smiled bak to her. ""He didn't really scold me or anything...he just gave me this." the girlheldup a bearutifully carved dagger,that sherecognised as a used one of Belzar's. Lillith saw that one when they first met, on the trail, when she had embarrassingly tripped over her own sword balance. Smiling wider, she handed the dagger back and said softly. "It's beautiful..."

Lillith crossed her legs in the air, her wings softly beating at her back, raising a tiny breezeof wind. She smiled again and said to the girl"Well, Rosa, you've got twin daggers, so I'm sure you can take care of yourself until we get a staff for you," SHe pecked a kiss on the girls pink cheek and went to gather her own things.

18. Sylavanas

Sylavanas Druid

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As the group gathered their things for leaving Sylavanas thought upon the road ahead, the felis village would not take long to reach. Barring any more incidents of course.
    His things gathered quickly and placed around his person, Sylavanas and Mara assembled with the others and waited for Belzar to finish a no doubt inspiring speech on something or other. Once Belzar wrapped it up and the group nodded in consent Sylavanas spoke up “Well let us move out then, we should make sure we are somewhere safe before dark.”
    Sylavanas and Mara led the way east from the camp, Mara occasionally scouting ahead for danger. At the back of the group Savage slunk alone, the druid wondered how her cuts were doing. Behind him Lilith trod lightly next to the stomping Belzar, Sylavanas occasionally winced as the demon snapped branches beneath his booted heel. The druid soon decided this was a sort of warning the demon emitted to all the nearby creatures; “that’s right I am coming, and yes I have shiny pointy things and a bad temper. So keep out of my way.” Once Sylavanas explained this theory to Mara the wolf had agreed and they discussed the effectiveness of Belzar as a warning sign for awhile.
    It was during this discussion that Rosa caught up with the druid. Mara nodded to the girl and Sylavanas grinned, “So Rosa, how are you enjoying this fine morning?”
    The girl smiled back, “It’s very nice. And look it matches my dagger,” here she held up a dagger of dwarven make that glinted brightly in the sun’s early rays.
    The druid smiled “That’s very good, I assume it was Belzar’s?” here Rosa nodded, “Very good, but I prefer my sickles.” Reaching to his sides the druid unhitched his two sickles from their harness and showed Rosa. Their curved blades shined faintly and the carved handles were ornate. “I don’t use them much” he described as they kept walking, “mainly for herb-gathering. In combat I prefer lightning and so forth.”
    He put them back in their harnesses and his cloak soon covered them from sight.
    ”Now Rosa lets start small, there are many ways to use magic. But the way of a druid is through his or her bond with nature.” Sylavanas was glad to see Rosa straighten up and concentrate on his words as he talked of the magic. After a few hours he began to talk about techniques and gestures along with the focusing of the mind. Most importantly he talked of the balance of nature that which as a druid he was sworn to protect. “That is why I am here with you lot, this warrior who comes seeks to cover the lands in his own domination, and I won’t allow him to take over my forest.” He paused “Of course as I’m here I had to leave something to guard it whilst I was gone. So I awakened an old treant to look after things. Lilith didn’t seem to take kindly to this for some reason. But Rosa you must understand…” here he paused and looked at the girl, “Nature is not good, or evil. It can lean in one direction and then the other. It does what it must.”
    From here Sylavanas went on to talk more of druidic lore and history as Rosa absorbed it all with earnest, Mara of course spoke up every so often.
    The party made good progress, as the daylight dwindled they neared their goal.

19. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Walking along the forest trail, Belzar was lost deep in thought. He was contemplating their journey ahead, and how difficult it could prove. From the latest reports he had seen, Belzar knew the Warrior's armies and main encampments were set up on the other side of Selvendell Mountains. But before then, it would be best if their group stopped at all the main villages of cities they could, looking for any support. However, that was easier said than done.

Firstly, they had the Felis villages to stop at, and the Felis were NOT know for being particularly friendly towards strangers. Then the next stop would have been, and still would be, one of the largest human kingdoms, Arenat. Although saying it was a large kingdom was nothing, what with being the largest bloody race in Gaia all of their kingdoms were large. And now that the humans were looking for their party, he wasn't sure how their trip to the city would go. And then, lastly on this side of the mountains there was the main Elven kingdom. They had had no luck at the encampment, but maybe a direct appeal at their central city would be better rewarded. Only after they hit those three places would they proceed to the mountains, and then.... well, not even Belzar knew what the other side was like anymore.

It looked like the journey ahead was going to be an experience for him as well as the rest of the party. And speaking of the rest of the party, Belzar looked around at them all. It had only been a few days, yet already they had shown great courage, and other qualities that made them useful. It was actually quite amazing to see so many diverse races getting along so well. In these days, genuine companionship, and not just necessity, between different creatures was a rare, but good thing to see.

It gave even Belzar hope, he thought, as he turned and looked at Lilith, smiling faintly. After all, she wasn't so bad. He didn't really get the whole dispute between their two kinds. After all, apart from a few things they weren't so different. And, in Lilith and Belzar's case especially, they were more alike than they would probably like to admit.

20. Morgan_of_Salerone

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Savage sighed quietly to herself as she walked behind the group. Her thoughts kept flickering to the reception they would receive at the felis village. She felt torn inside, as if her heart had been wounded and left to bleed. They were all dead, the ones she had known. The ones who had fostered her, cared for her, loved her, were all gone, their bones long since lain to rest. Even if it was the same village the group travelled to, it was no longer the home she had known.

But Savage knew she had to go forward, to travel with these people wherever they would go. The road behind her was guarded by her elven half-kin, and she knew now that she could no longer return to the companionless life she had once lived. Still, it was hard to bear the thought that she would have to face the brutal reality of what lay ahead in the Felis village.

Savage sighed again, quietly so none of the party would hear. Would the felis remember her? Would the stories of their half-blood kin have survived this long? If no one recognized her, would she be able to pretend she was one of them? The elves knew instinctively what she was, would the felis? When she was younger, Savage knew many of the villagers thoughts there was something odd about her, but never if they knew about her lineage or not. The half-felis’ uncertainty burned inside her, gnawing away like a dog with a bone. She didn’t know what to do. She felt trapped.

When the party set up camp for the night, Savage went and sat by herself, gazing at the scratches on her hands which had only just begun to heal. Her gaze travelled up her arm, taking in the other scars she had earned over her many years of mercenary work. This one was from a dagger that almost cost her her hand, that one was a reminder to never leave her back unprotected. So many years of fighting… so many years of her life wasted. Would she ever find peace? Did she even dare to dream that somewhere, there might be someone who could love her?

Savage gave a shuddering sigh and bit back the tears of bitter despair that threatened to overflow. The night was going to be a long one, and her loneliness would only make it longer.