RPG #11 - Fallen Salvation

Discussion in 'RPG #11 - Fallen Salvation' started by Nienor, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Morgan_of_Salerone

Morgan_of_Salerone New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Savage watched the group critically, her mood utterly destroyed by Bayltisar's attack on her half-blood and Belzar's constant nagging at her. Currently, he was conversing with the young human girl.

"Yes?" he asked her.

Rosa swallowed. "I-what do we do now? Do we have anything else to do in this forest?" Belzar shook his head.

"It would pain me to leave the forest that has protected me for many years, yet if our aid is needed, I will leave it for now." Savage fought the urge to add to the angel's comment. The forest had been her home for years; it was her forest after all. She would miss its familiarity if she left.

Belzar then turned to face the whole group and spoke.

"Okay then, we're going to move on now. If you really wish to travel with us and give us aid in our journey, you're welcome to come along. Our first stop will be one of the nearby eleven encampments. I assume you know where I mean." he said, with a pointed look to Bayltisar. "Simple rules though; no arguing amongst yourselves, and no holding us up pointlessly. Follow these little travelling rules, and not only will we get places quicker, but we'll get along fine." he said, grinning in a way that revealed his pointed fangs to create a contrasting image. He then turned and walked out of the clearing, heading towards the nearest encampment of the Allied Forces. Bayltisar followed the demon, eager edge to his step.

"Do pardon, but I have two matters that I think need to be brought to your attention", said Bayltisar, at the demon's elbow. Savage made a face. Nasty little weasel, already trying to show off. "Firstly, there is no doubt in my mind that our foe will maintain a vigil over the roads leading to the encampment. I should not wish to meet any opposition to our movements until I have taken council with the king. Secondly, there is something that the king bid me show to our allies. As you seem to have the desire to achieve the same ends as we do, I feel that it might benefit you to see it."

Belzar listened to Bayltisar's explanation, nodding his head thoughtfully.

"You've got a good point." he said. "We really shouldn't risk walking out in the open just yet, it could bring down a whole heap of trouble on us. We can't risk that. At least not yet." he said, turning to the group at large. "We'll travel under cover until we reach a few encampments, alert the Allied Forces to what's going on."

Savage watched with increasing agitation as Bayltisar began to conjure a transparent 3D map displaying the positions of the Warrior's troops and allies. The elven blood in her sang with joy; through that blood Savage had the potential to be a mage but she suppressed it fiercely, causing it to rise out of control when enough magic was worked around her. Savage glanced around quickly, then slipped from the glade.

She ran silently through the woods until the shaking began, whence she collapsed at the base of a tree and curled up into a ball. She had to get away, far away, so none of those in the glade could find her. Savage uncurled and began to drag herself away, hissing as she noticed the fur and claws on her hands receding. Her elven blood had been awakened by the presence of too much magic. Sight and sound heightened, smell and taste weakened. Strength fled from Savage’s body, replacing it with the unavoidable taint of magic. She howled, trying desperately to cling to her felis side. Memories came slipping back into her consciousness; the hurt of her childhood as an outcast, the refusal of her mother, the guilt of a lifetime of horrible deeds. The memories were the worst part. When she chose to take her elven form, she could keep the memories at bay. But when her elven blood forced its form upon her, she had no choice but to face them.

Savage shivered, the cool air raising bumps on her exposed skin. With her sharpened hearing she could hear the others conversing about roads and places, much too close for her comfort. She couldn’t let them find her this way. She realized she was rocking, slowly, back and forth, back and forth, clawless hands gripping her bare arms. Long brown hair, the same colour as the coat of her felis form, hung around her face in a curtain. She had to get away. She couldn’t chance anyone seeing her like this. Her elven blood screamed in indignation. What was wrong with this form? It asked. Her felis side snarled with disgust at her clawless hands, her fangless jaws and her delicate, furless body. Savage choked back a sob. Why must she pay the price of her father’s crime? Why must she live we these forces battling inside her? By all rights she should be dead. All people she had grown up with had died many long years ago, and all that remained were the people of her mother, the elves. Elves hated half-breeds, as Bayltisar clearly showed. She could not let him see her like this. The shame would be too much to bear.

Savage stiffened as her sensitive ears caught a fleeting noise. Clambering up into the tree beside her with difficulty, Savage surveyed the surrounding area with keen eyes. Her jaw dropped.

“Quickly! We must move!” cried Savage in her musical elven voice as she sprinted into the clearing where the party was just preparing to leave. Every turned to stare at her. Cheeks flushing red and her resolve faltering, Savage snapped at them. “Hurry up you whimpering sons of a she-dog!” She said ferociously. “You don’t need to make the oncoming horde’s job any easier!” Dashing past Belzar, she plucked the dagger he had thrown at her earlier off his belt and continued onward. Pausing at the edge of the clearing, Savage turned to face them once again. “We have to get to the encampment before they catch us. The Warrior’s men are not kind to those they capture.”

2. Rosgwak

Rosgwak The Masked Warrior

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Belzar had just finished discussing the quickest path to the elven encampment and was ready to get everyone up and moving again, when suddenly a familiar scent burst into the clearing, but with a strange, elven voice. Spinning around quickly, Belzar saw Savage standing on the edge of the small clearing.... but she had changed. Gone were the clearly Felis features, and instead she now resembled a female version of Bayltisar and Sylavanas. She had elven blood! However Belzar quickly pushed that thought to the side. Unlike the others who were dumbstruck at this appearance, Belzar had been a warrior his whole life, and after hunting in Desah you learn not to ignore a shout of danger. Faster then the eyes could follow, Belzar drew his twin swords and was standing between the group and the direction Savage had just come from. Glancing down he noticed one of his daggers missing and Savage nearby holding it. He decided to let it go for now, he didn't really need it.

“We have to get to the encampment before they catch us. The Warrior’s men are not kind to those they capture.” Savage shouted back to the group. Without turning to even look over his shoulder Belzar shouted "STOP!"
    Hearing the group stop dead Belzar kept his eyes trained on the treeline, sword at the ready.
    "There's no way we can hope to outrun them. Not on a two day journey. We have to delay them." he growled. "One thing's certain, Rosa doesn't seem like a fighter, and Savage isn't currently in the best position. Savage, I want you to make sure Rosa gets as far away from here as possible. No arguments." he quickly barked out. "Sylavanas knows where you're going, so he can go with you and guide you out of this forest. A few nature tricks for backup wouldn't go astray before you leave."

Belzar then risked a glance behind him.
    "Lilith and Bayltisar, you guys stay here with me." he said, flicking his gaze back to the treeline. "We're gonna try and stop a few of them before we join the others." he said, when suddenly a goblin warrior burst into the clearing. Moving with the practised speed of a professional Belzar moved in close and with four precise sword swings, the goblin slowly fell to the ground in quarters. Turning to look at the others he noticed Savage, Rosa and Sylavanas still standing on the edge of the clearing.
    "GO!" he bellowed as he turned to face the goblin warriors bursting in through the trees.

3. AcrobaticHippo

AcrobaticHippo Determined

In Turtleopia, training Elan's turtles :P
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Rosa staggered slightly, clutching on to Sylvanas. Everything was happening in front of her so fast, it was a blur. One moment, she was standing next to Lillith who had her hand on her shoulder, and the next, she, Savage and Sylvanas were standing at one side of the clearing while Belzar was shouting madly at them. It took a moment for her to clear her thoughts and focus on what Belzar was saying.

"GO!" he was roaring.

Rosa snatched one last look at Belzar and the rest before whipping around. She then started to run, the fastest she had ever run ni a long time. Savage had no problem with catching up. The girl, in her elven form, was sprinting beside her in a matter of seconds, her chestnut hair blowing out behind her.

"Wait!" a voice called as Rosa and Savage turned around. Sylvanas was walking briskly towards them (briskly enough for a old druid anyway), taking care not to trip on any protruding roots. "I am sure Belzar has informed you of my duty to take you two to safety. I, with Nature's help, shall do so. Follow me."

Rosa nodded quickly and slowed down to the jog beside Sylvanas as he muttered some foreign words and moved his hand slowly, as if caressing the thin air. While he performed the spell, Rosa could not help but notice how pretty Savage was in her elven form. Her luscious curls travelled down her back and fitted snugly with her delicate frame and oval-shaped face. She then shook her head furiously. I can't be the naive little girl that I was and think about niceties like beautiful hair and ribbons for now. This is war, and I've got to adopt the apropriate, mature mindset.

Having thought that, she waited for Sylvanas to finish his spell. As he performed it, she observed his movements, his hand gestures, the words he uttered, and the concentration on his face. She would have to learn all by heart, and maybe ask him to be her mentor, if he wished.

4. Lillith Forbid

Lillith Forbid Returned Queen of Bondage

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Lillith grinned as Savage came into the clearing. ahh... I knew it Hiding her grinn behind an expression of clam, she picked herself off the ground. Viewing Davage Lilith started thinking. When she first met the felis, she knew there was some elven in her, her instincts as an angel urged on it. She couldnt fight her instincts. But, uinlike many races, an angel's instinct is all they basically live on. It was always (or mostly) accurate to the point of amazement. Lillith trusted herself to wait until she could mak esure though, with Savage. It probally pained her to be like this. If you asked the angel, she rather perfered the felis form with all its claws and fur. Its very intimadating to mortals. Heck, even lillith's angel friend would be weary of Savage. If she had any more, she thought bitterly.

Jumping up with the others, Lilith drove her thoughts away. Unsheathing her sword, which she held wearily ( she wasent very good at swordsman ship, if was the one thing that she waqs still learning in THelestia, but she was fairly decent) Looking a bit worried, she glanced at Balzar as he slayed the goblin. sHe wasnet sure there was much more than a few, since the trees haddent alerted thier presence of now.

5. Sylavanas

Sylavanas Druid

In the midst of a sacred grove, or possibly Austra
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sylavanas concentrated on his spell, focusing on the magic that welled up from the ground around him. As his spell continued the leaves on the ground around Savage, Rosa and himself, began to swirl as if in the wind and the ground on which they stood began to glow. Slowly the magic rose up and encased them. The essence of the forest had granted them its protection, now they would appear as nought but a breeze moving through the forest not invisible but… camouflaged. Sylavanas finished his spell and let out a sigh, he smiled at Rosa who he noticed was watching intently. Savage let out a snort of what he took to be disgust.
    Turning to the elf- for that was what she appeared as now he spoke “Don’t worry my friend I plan on doing something a bit more… spectacular to aid our friends” Savage seemed unimpressed so Sylavanas grinned and winked at Rosa, “Watch this.”
    Sylavanas turned back to where the sounds of fighting drifted back to them; he could distinctly hear Belzar’s colourful language. He raised his hands in the air and began to utter a chant that instantly whipped up the wind around them, the trees around him swayed as they sensed the magic swirl and flow. The chanting grew louder and stronger as the wind blew more fiercely and the trees song began to mingle with his chant, Rosa was kneeling on the ground listening intently, while Savage stood stock still not buffeted by the wind. Then Sylavanas finished his chant as quickly as it had started and there was silence.
    Rosa regained her feet and looked at him in quizzically, Savage stared at him like he was an idiot, Sylavanas almost laughed at the look on her lovely face. “You don’t think I did anything?” Savage smirked and Rosa seemed also curious so Sylavanas elaborated grinning “Perchance you have seen the sky?” Above them dark clouds were gathering and thunder rumbled, “You see Nature doesn’t really have much of soft spot for goblins in forests and goblins don’t particularly like lightning strikes so most of the time it works out, this time I think the goblins may get the sharp end of the stick” Sylavanas appreciated the stunned looks he received from his two observers, he shrugged apologetically and grinned again as he raised his hood, “Only problem is it won’t last long, there’ll still be plenty for our friends to finish off also…we may get a bit wet, come let us continue” and with that he strode into the trees as the rain thudded down.
    As they followed him lightning cracked though the angry sky.

6. Morgan_of_Salerone

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    "Also…we may get a bit wet. Come, let us continue.” Sylvanas said as he strode into the trees.

"W-wet??" Savage whined, letting her shoulders slump. On her list of things she hated, being wet was a close second to being stuck in her elven form.

Big, fat raindrops were beginning to land everywhere with a wet 'plop!'. Hissing under her breath, Savage didn't notice the goblin sneaking up until it lunged at her, teeth bared and scimitar held menacingly. Jumping back in surprise, Savage cried out as the blade bit into the flesh of her exposed leg. Backhanding the goblin with ferocious rage, Savage staggered back, her delicate hands pressing against the wound to try and stop the flow of blood. The goblin charged again, hands outstretched. Drawing Belzar's dagger, Savage drove it into the goblin's throat, wincing as its filthy claws lacerated her shoulders in its death throes.

"Savage!" Rosa cried, starting to run back.

"Go!" Shouted Savage, noting the presence of several other advancing goblins. Lightning flashed nearby, the following thunder shook Savage's bones to the core. "You and Sylvanas get out of here, I'll catch up!" Shoving the corpse off her, the delicate warrior ripped off a piece of what little clothing she had and hurrriedly bound her thigh. Two goblins rushed her from the front, another charging from her left. Meeting the first one with a punch to the stomach, Savage used the momentum of the other to flip it over her shoulder. Dealing a powerful kick to the first goblin, Savage whirled around and thrust her dagger through the eye of the third. Pulling it out with a sickly crunch, Savage turned to meet the other two goblins, now recovered. Panting from exertion, Savage tossed her dagger from hand to hand and as they advanced, trying to keep tabs on the new goblins arriving to help with the kill and the others passing by to chase Sylvanas and Rosa. One goblin lunged forward with a spear; Savage parried the blow and brought her knee up into its gut. It staggered to the side, catching the half-breed's hip with a flailing arm. The other goblin leaped forward, bowling into Savage. The two of them fell in a tangle of arms, legs and bared teeth. Savage's head smashed against the ground, and the world went dark.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
  7. Sylavanas

Sylavanas Druid

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sylavanas sprinted along through the woodland trails, next to him Rosa hurried to keep up he could hear her panting as the sounds of the goblins drew closer. As the rain began to intensify around them the ground became slippery and they began to stagger through the undergrowth. Soon Sylavanas could hear the grunts of the goblins as they began to close on the two as they fled until Sylavanas saw a tree he recognised. Grabbing Rosa’s arm he gestured off towards the tree “Quickly this way,” he pulled Rosa along past the tree until they burst out from the undergrowth into a glade with a small hillock in the middle. The two of them ran to the mound and stood turning to face the goblins. “Quickly crouch down and don’t move” Sylavanas whispered to Rosa. She nodded and as she did so her camouflage began to take effect and she appeared as no more than a rock. Sylavanas faced the oncoming goblins as they too reached the glade. Raising his hand and speaking a word of magic lightning flashed from his palm to strike the goblins, it arched and two of the creatures fell dead. The rest hesitated and Sylavanas used the moment to cast another spell, this time roots lashed up from the ground beneath the goblins and dragged three of them down into the sodden earth screaming as lightning struck from the clouds above briefly illuminating the scene and blasting another of the goblins. But more goblins piled into the glade and Sylavanas grimaced. Beside him the rock that was Rosa quivered and he glanced at it briefly, with his concentration broken the goblins began to advance again but he turned to face them once more. More lightning flashed from his palm and more goblins fell sizzling and charred. Away in the distance Sylavanas heard the howling of wolves over the roar of the storm. It was Mara and the wolf pack, if his magic could just hold out.
    By now Sylavanas was weakening, he fell to one knee as the goblins charged towards him, his eyes glowed as he struggled to keep up the constant barrage of lightning on the goblins. Some of the goblins reached the hillock where he kneeled and Rosa hid, Sylavanas prepared to let them taste the wrath of Nature. There was a cacophony of howling as wolves burst from the trees and raced towards the goblins. Mara had arrived…

8. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Belzar heard the footsteps of Rosa, Savage and Sylavanas disappear out of the clearing, and noted the direction they left in. Clearly that was the way towards the elven encampment, and when the time came he would run with Bayltisar and Lilith in that direction as well. Suddenly Belzar ducked under a wild swing from a goblin and without even thinking impaled the goblin's skull from the bottom of the jaw, then ripping his sword out and slicing another one across the chest. He sneered noticeably as the corpse fell to the ground. He was fighting on pure automatic and they weren't giving him a challenge. Hopefully those warriors staying closest to the Unknown One would be more of a challenge than this.

Suddenly Belzar looked to the side and saw Bayltisar and Lilith both struggling with their own goblins. Shaking his head in dismay, Belzar abandoned his ground and ran towards the ones Bayltisar was fighting. A few seconds before he was holding them off brilliantly with his magic, but a few got in close and now he was in trouble. As he ran, Belzar sheathed his swords and flicked out his palm daggers, cutting straight through the necks of the two goblins, and freeing Bayltisar up to return to his magic. Shaking his head to remove some of the spraying blood he was hit with, Belzar continued to run towards Lilith.

Lining up with one of the goblins in front of Lilith, Belzar jumped off of the ground and kicked him in the chest. Not only did this provide Belzar with a handy springboard, but it also impaled the goblin on the very sharp spikes protruding from the bottom of Belzar's boots. Using the goblin's chest as leverage, Belzar jumped backwards towards a second goblin, spinning in mid-air to avoid the wild sword swing. Landing behind the goblin in a crouch, Belzar swung his palm daggers in together and cleaved the goblin's legs off at the knees, once again rewarded by a blinding burst of blood. Standing up, Belzar looked at Lilith.
    "Watch yourself, ok?" he said to her gently, then turned to jump back into the fray. Suddenly, he was tackled backwards by a very fast opponent, who, having knocked Belzar to the ground pinned his arms on either side and held his axe up high, ready to deliver the finishing swing.

9. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Lillith stayed with the fighting, ready to defend her allies, if not her friends. But she didnt expect to defend herself. Stupid, of course! tHe only angel left and she didnt think that the goblins would attack her. Of course they would, as they did everything else! Taking out her shimmering sword, she swung it heavily at the nearest goblin, laying him flat on his back, headless. Grimly, for angels hated killing, well she did, she jumps back as a horde of them ran at her and started swinging thier clubs at her. Crying out with pain, a ripping sound heard, she looked back to see a goblin stabbing at her wing with a small spear. THe white feathers were splotched with silver and crimson blood from the tip, where the spear point was cast deep in the feathers. Crying out with the pain of it, she furiously shook her wings to get the goblin off. It fell off with a cry.

Turning to Balzar as he flattened one of the goblins surriounding her, she blinked acouple times as he spoke gently to her. All this time, she thought demons were horrible untrustful beast that would not kill you straight out, but use you for clever plans. Suspicious, she soon drove those thought away as more pain blossumed in her wings. Turning back to Balzar, and getting rid of a few goblins, she cried out as he was thrown to the ground by a very fast blurr. Tripping over a rock as she tired to get at the demon, she fell flat on her bum as she looked apon a man with a large axe. A man!?

Growling with frustration, Lillith made her way to the man holding Balzar and she kicked him in his side. THe man keeled over, off of balzar and Lillith smiled grimly, holding her wings closely to her sides.

10. Morgan_of_Salerone

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    She remembered the goblin lunging at her. She remembered it slamming into her, teeth bared. She remembered falling, and she remembered the darkness.

Get up! Get up! Get up! screamed her elven blood. It was too hard to get up. Her limbs were filled with lead. It hurts! her felis blood cried, cringing away from the pain. Savage wondered at that. The pain felt so far away. Sounds were muted and sight was dark; she felt as if she were enfolded in a soft, dark blanket in a warm, dark room. You are too strong to die! the elf in her cried angrily. We are old and weary, her felis side murmured. It would be so nice to sleep. Now is a good time to sleep. Savage nodded wearily. She was old, she ought to be dead. Now was a good time to find her eternal sleep. I will not die! the elf screamed, shattering the peace Savage was slipping into.

A thousand daggers began to force their way through Savage’s skin, and pain shot through her like an arrow. She cried out in agony. The sounds and smell of battle returned; the harsh sound of goblin voices and the musty smell of death. Claws burst from delicate hands, and a dark coat patterned the lovely skin. With a small sigh of longing the elven blood retreated, forcing the felis side to manifest. Instincts kicked in and Savage catapulted upright, knocking the corpse that had lain on her aside. Without realizing what she was doing she slashed at the nearest goblin, sinking her lethal claws into its belly. The smell of blood intoxicated her, turning her vision red. The elven blood inside her retreated deeper into herself, and a feeling of revulsion overlaid by exhilaration filled her being. She was wounded, she was bleeding, and she was alive. A wolf howl caught her attention, and she dashed off.

She followed the sound to a hilltop, where Sylavanas and Rosa were surrounded. A wolf pack ravaged the remaining enemies. With a crazed laugh Savage plunged into the fray with the wolves, killing with claws and teeth. The slaughter was over with quickly.

Savage turned to face her two companions, swaying, her eyes wide from the adrenaline pumping through her. Her claws dripped gore, and her tongue licked bloody lips. The world spun around her, and she felt her wounded leg collapse beneath her. Her shoulders throbbed and her head ached, but she felt a bubbling laugh rushing up through her. The world seemed so funny. She ought to be dead. The half-breed looked once more at Sylavanas and Rosa, their eyes wide as they watched her.

“I ought to be dead,” she giggled, her laughter growing at the looks on their faces. Savage lifted herself and staggered over to Sylavanas, who recoiled from her touch. “Elves don’t die,” she laughed, “but felis do.” With one last titter she looked over at Rosa. “You’re nice girl.” She muttered, her face serious. “You’re lucky you’re not an elf.” Then she felt herself falling, and the world went dark again.

11. Sylavanas

Sylavanas Druid

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sylavanas watched exhausted from the hilltop as Mara and her wolves tore apart the goblins, then Savage burst from the undergrowth, again sporting fur instead of skin. She fought ferociously and Sylavanas couldn’t help but admire her skill, and then when the goblins were all dead Sylavanas saw how injured Savage was. After making some obscure comments about being an elf the felis collapsed to the ground. Startled Sylavanas rushed to her side, kneeling he examined the wounds of the fierce warrior, they were deep but Savage had already demonstrated her strength. Sylavanas drew up the magic inside him to try to heal the wounds but then a spasm wracked his body and he almost collapsed next to the unconscious Savage, Rosa ran to his side “What’s wrong? What happened?” Sylavanas smiled grimly, “I’m exhausted, I need to recover my strength before I can use my magic once more,” he looked at the felis “I cannot heal using magic, but I can use herbs to help her.” Leaning on Rosa, the druid tried to stand but thought better of it and sat down as fatigue swept over him, Mara trotted up to him and nuzzled him concernedly. “I cannot move” he gasped, “Rosa can you follow Mara and gather some herbs with blue flowers?” Pale-face the girl nodded, and Sylavanas grinned encouragingly, “Then go on, I’m not going anywhere.” As Mara and Rosa disappeared into the trees Sylavanas took deep breaths and focused on trying to rebuild his energy.
    Before long the two of them had returned, Rosa with a bunch of the herbs in her hands. Sylavanas quickly sorted out the herb and with Rosa helping under his guidance he treated Savage’s wounds. “There now that should do it, now she must rest” Sylavanas said softly so as to avoid disturbing the felis, “Speaking of rest I think that we should probably get some as well.” Rosa seemed nervous “What if there are more goblins out there?” “Fear not, I’m sure Mara will watch over us” Sylavanas assured her and the wolf nodded in a dignified manner. Sylavanas lied down gently on the slope and breathed deeply, he heard Rosa sit down nearby and he fell swiftly to sleep.

12. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Rosa dusted her skirt and sat down daintily as Mara padded up to her. She took one long look at the wolf before reaching out and stroking her. 'You're so soft..." she whispered, carressing the delighted wolf with long, slim and cool fingers. The wolf brushed against her, filling Rosa with happiness. It was the first time she had felt the warmth of a hug, even if it was a wolf.

As the wolf curled up beside her, Rosa yawned and stretched her arms. She looked blearily at Sylvanas, who was curled up not unlike Mara, his loud snores punctuating the silence. 'He'll attract goblins from the other end of the forest if he's not careful," she giggled, then immediately chastised herself for thinking such thoughts. She then turned to look at Savage. The felis was breathing loud and clear, following a steady rhythm. What a poor thing, she thought. She was afraid of Savage at times, but even then, she was horrified to see someone being put through what she had just witnessed. She leaned forward and bent over the felis. "I really hope you'll get well soon," she murmured.

Her eyes fell on the herbs peeking innocently out of Sylvanas' pocket. She stopped, watching. Maybe I should take some and see what magic I can learn from them? She watched for a second more, with bated breath, before nearing Sylvanas.

She stopped for a minute, watching him, then hesitantly reached out and grasped a handful of the herbs. She then went back toher place and started fingering them. She promised herself that she'll put them back, after learning some magic.

If I focus my energy...
    The herbs glowed.

13. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Belzar looked up at the axe, waiting for it to swing down while he was winded, but suddenly the man was sent to the side by a vicious kick from Lilith. Looking up at her, Belzar narrowed his eyes in suspicion... she had a chance to leave him and rid the world of the last demon, but she saved him instead. He wondered what her ulterior motive may be, if any, but with little time to stay still and muse, Belzar returned to his feet and quickly joined back in the fight.

After a few more minutes of intense fighting, the final opponent fell dead at Belzar's feet, a large gash in the back of his skull where Belzar's palm dagger had gone. Looking around at the corpses surrounding them, he smiled grimly.
    "Looks like it's not just goblins in the Warrior's army." he said, indicating the few humans lying on the ground. Wiping his swords clean on the grass Belzar looked at Lilith and Bayltisar. "Ya both did good. But it's gonna get harder from here on, so if you don't think ya can handle it, pull out now." he said to both of them. "But if you're staying, follow me." he said, sheathing his now dry swords and heading off in the direction Savage, Sylavanas and Rosa had run.

After a few minutes of walking in silence, Belzar turned back to Lilith, and fell back slightly from Bayltisar.
    "Hey, about the save back there... thanks. Really." he said to Lilith. Walking along beside her, Belzar looked at her, but after a few minutes he felt oddly uncomfortable. Something he'd never felt before. Putting it down to just being in the presence of an angel, Belzar quickly turned his head away before Lilith could see his reaction and take offence.

They then kept walking until they heard Bayltisar yell out from ahead, and running over to him Belzar found themselves standing at a clearing where Sylavanas, Rosa and Savage were all lying around the place. The worst, however, was Savage, who appeared to be unconscious, and instantly taking charge again, Belzar walked into the clearing.
    "Someone help Savage." he barked out, then gently nudged Sylavanas with his foot.
    "Rise and shine druid. As soon as Savage is better, you're leading us out of here. We can't stay any longer."

14. Sylavanas

Sylavanas Druid

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sylavanas awakened at the nudging, blinking at the sight of the demon looming over him. He yawned and stretched “Ahhh a most relaxing little nap, how’d your battle go?” He eyed the group, Belzar was covered in blood, Lilith’s wings were torn and Bayltisar looked decidedly worn out. Sylavanas crawled over to where Savage lay, thankfully the herbs seemed to of worked and she was now slumbering peacefully, he checked the herb dressing and decided that they had done well. His hand reached to the bundle of herbs in his pocket, but they were gone. Sylavanas stood up and walked a small way from the group beckoning Mara-who sat nearby, to follow him.
    When they were a little way apart Sylavanas spoke to Mara in a quiet voice “Mara, the herbs have been taken, I suspect it was Rosa, Is that correct?” Mara nodded in affirmation and told how Rosa had taken the herbs and had caused them to release some magic, but she had been startled by Bayltisar’s arrival and had hidden the herbs in the pocket of her dress before feigning sleep. Sylavanas nodded, he would speak with young Rosa as they travelled. The wolf and druid returned to the gathering, Savage was awake and sitting up seemingly healthy. Striding over Sylavanas crouched down and asked “Are you strong enough to travel?” Savage threw him a look that said in more than words that the day she admits being to weak to travel will be the day that heralds the end of the world and she sprang to her feet. Standing again Sylavanas shrugged at the felis’ attitude and turned back to the group “Well if everybody is ready perhaps we should continue,” Mara stood waiting beside him, “This way everybody, Rosa walk with me.” Sylavanas lead the mismatched group out of the glade, on one side of him walked Mara, on the other Rosa walked meekly, behind him he could hear the others talking amongst themselves. Glancing at Rosa he spoke simply “Well?”

15. AcrobaticHippo

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Rosa flushed with embarrassment as Sylavanas gazed at her steadily, but not unkindly. "Well?" he asked.

Words came tumbling out of Rosa's mouth as she turned a darker shade of red. "I-I didn't steal them," she blubbered. "I only wanted to borrow them and see if they held some magic which I could withdraw. I had intended to return them to you, cross my heart. I panicked when Belzar and the rest found us here, so I hid the herbs and feigned sleep."

Sylavanas did not bat an eyelid. "I know. Mara told me as such," he replied.

Rosa glanced at the wolf padding alongside Sylavanas. A smile crept onto her face as she remembered how Mara had cuddled up to her earlier. She loved animals, and she could feel her attachment to Mara growing. There was something about the wolf which soothed her fears away; the same way Sylavanas and Lillith did.

She looked back at Sylavanas, whose eyes had not left her. She then inhaled deeply before asking him the question she'd been meaning to ask ever since she recognised him as a druid.

"May I be your apprentice? Please?"

16. Morgan_of_Salerone

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    There were voices all around her, voices she knew. What happened to the goblins? she wondered. She remembered the goblin crashing into her after she sent Rosa and Sylavanas away, and then it all went foggy and dark.

Savage opened her eyes. She started to rise, and immediately let her head flop back down as her body screamed in protest; her head, shoulders, and wounded leg throbbing painfully. Voices and movement caught the half-breed's eye. Belzar, Lillith, and Bayltisar conversed only a small distance away. They seemed to be a little tired and beat up, but nothing serious. Savage sat up smoothly, hiding her wince with an unconcerned yawn. Her eyes flickered down to her hand. Clawed and covered with a fine coat of dark fur, it brought a small smile to her. Back to her original form, at last.

Savage turned at the sound of Sylavanas and his wolf returning. The druid looked over at her, nodding with approval as he strode over. He crouched down beside her and asked, “Are you strong enough to travel?” Savage threw him a look that said in more than words that the day she admits being to weak to travel will be the day that heralds the end of the world. Using all her self control to keep from betraying any hint of pain, she lightly sprang to her feet and surveyed the group. Sylavanas seemed to shrug off her response and turned to the others.

“Well if everybody is ready perhaps we should continue,” he said, Mara waiting beside him. “This way everybody, Rosa walk with me.”

Savage allowed the rest of the group to pass by before she joined. She realized that she wasn't the only observant person here, and her pain had a better chance of being unnoticed if she stayed out of their direct line of sight.

Rosa walked up ahead beside Sylavanas. She had a sheepish look on her face as he said something to her she replied in a torrent of words, her face taking a pleading look as she gazed up at the druid. Savage shook her head. Those two were alright. She might be more inclined to get to know them better if they weren't so deeply meddled in magic, but she could tolerate them, perhaps even like them.

Savage had to suppress a chuckle as she watched the going-ons between Belzar and Lillith. Belzar kept glancing at Lillith with a perplexed expression on his face, and Lillith seemed totally unaware of it (the demon's glances were discreet) and continued to walk, plant life seeming to shiver happily at her passing. She respected Belzar, and felt secretly awed by Lillith. The angel seemed to hold much power inside her. Savage wondered why she didn't use it, but dispatched of the thought with a shake of her head.

The half-breed's expression hardened as her gaze turned to Bayltisar. That one she hated. Elf-kind, magic user, and intolerant to half-breeds, he was the stuff of Savage's nightmares. If it weren't for him and his magic, the others may not have realized her half-blood heritage and she wouldn't be suffering from these wounds inflicted on her in elven form. A tiny growl escaped her throat as she shifted her gaze back up ahead. Someday, she would pay back Bayltisar all the "kindness" he'd given her.

She didn't know why she was following this group, with all the trouble they'd given her and the fact that they were travelling out of her forest - to an elven camp no less - but for the first time in her life, Savage began to feel like she mattered. Sylavanas had cared for her wounds, then asked her if she was alright. No one had ever asked her before. She was only a half-breed. Before, if she couldn't keep up she was left behind. Now... Savage shook her head. You're going soft, old woman she thought to herself. You should just slip away now and be done with them. The warrior paused for a moment, then continued to pad along quietly behind the group.

17. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Lillith narrowed her eyes in turn to Balzar as he thanked her for aaving him. Instead of the proud she felt inside, Lillith merely brushed it off. To hide her she looked him in the eyes and said " I'm only doing what an angel has to" very grimly and started to stalk after the others. A demon. Really!?! If her mentors and tutors could see her now. How they would scowl. Sighing inwardly, Lillith continued to follow the others.

She spyed a glance at the Druid. She hasent learned of his name, yet he seemed to hold power inside of him. He had the power to turn that tree into a mutated monster. Frowning slightly, she snaked another glance to Savage. THe felis seemed to be all in order. THe elven part of her was now restrained and the felis in her shined happily at being back,, yet a bit worn. A smile crawled on her lips and she turned away.

Another one she layed eyes on as they walked was Rosa. The girl seemed to be speaking to the druid, a bit unconfortable, yet she was eager-looking. Lillith was curious, but kept to herself. Heaving another breath and looked down at her hands and feet. Vines were dancing along her feet, getnly touching the palms of her hands and retreating back. sHe smiled lightly to them, happy that they wernt grabbing and trying to keep her withheld inside the forest. That was one thing she had feared about leaving the forest. What if they didnt want her to leave? You couldnt just cut it all down....Lillith woulnt alow that, but thankfully, they gracefully accepted that thier prize had moved on.

Feeling happy again, Lillith smiled up at her side at Balzar. For a moment she grinned, then the second it slid off her face and she looked down, remebering who it was she was smiling at. Pft....demons...

18. Sylavanas

Sylavanas Druid

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sylavanas looked back upon the path thinking hard, so Rosa wanted to be his apprentice? Sylavanas knew that he was good with his magic, but he doubted his ability to pass on his knowledge. He glanced at Mara who padded along silently beside him; the wolf threw him a glance and spoke briefly “Follow your instincts.” Sylavanas turned back to face Rosa “If it is your wish I shall teach you,” the relief in Rosa’s face made him proud but he continued; “however you must be aware that the magic I will teach you is not the magic of the wizards and mages or clerics. My magic is linked to nature and its ways. This may not be what you envisaged; the mission of druids is to protect nature; to preserve the balance of forces in the world.” Sylavanas paused and let Rosa absorb it all, “We do not try to change the world, we maintain it. Because of our situation you may have to learn somewhat haphazardly but I shall try to instruct you if you wish.” Sylavanas paused again “Before I accept you though I want you to think very hard about this, there are other people who feel the magic in our group, Lillith and Bayltisar both. I think that before you commit yourself you should speak to them and gain their opinion, then you can decide with more knowledge.” Sylavanas smiled at the young girl, “Whatever you decide, I’m honoured that you asked me.” Rosa smiled back at him and as Sylavanas and Mara kept walking she slowed her pace so she might speak as he suggested. Sylavanas grinned at Mara “I hope I did what is right.” The wolf looked up at him “It is up to her now.” And the two continued on the path to the elf camp with the party following behind.

19. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    After thanking Lilith, Belzar was slightly annoyed at her look of annoyance and muttered reply of "I'm only doing what an angel has to." He quickly turned his eyes back to the path they were following out of the forest, and his eyes narrowed in annoyance. He understood the angel's anger. He wasn't exactly happy with the current situation either, the last member of his race being thrown in with a creature who, for all intents and pruposes, was his natural enemy. But he was at least making an effort to bridge any possibly hostility between them. But, looking back in Lilith's direction a few seconds later, he noticed her look at him and smile, before quickly turning away. Smiling slightly, Belzar also turned back to the front. Maybe angels weren't as bad as they seemed after all.

-----Timeskip-----

After their second day of dull, and monotonous marching, Belzar was happy to see the elven encampment show not far off. As much as he didn't dislike the group he was travelling with, he still wasn't entirely comfortable with them, and so any distraction from the boring and uneventful walking was welcome. He turned over his shoulder and looked at the group.
    "Come on everyone! Not far now!" he said loudly, as he hurried his pace up and headed towards the camp.

A few minutes later they were inside the camp. There was a little difficulty at the gates, as the elven guards were ever vigilant in these times, but after Bayltisar spoke up and provided suitable identification, they were quickly ushered in. Looking around, Belzar was shocked at the brilliantly rich blend if brighter colours with more natural shades, creating a feeling of comfort. Truly, elves understood certain richer arts as well as more natural things. And it wasn't just the tents. Everywhere, soldiers moved around, doing the required jobs. There were elves training, planning, preparing armour and weaponry... everything an efficient force needed. But there wasn't much time for musing. They had to see whoever was in charge here quickly, and plead their case to see what help, if any, he could provide. Turning back to the group, Belzar looked at them.

"Ok, Sylavanas? Thanks for getting us here, but we don't need you just now. Instead, Bayltisar? You're coming with me to see the leader of these forces. We need to talk to him, get him to help, and you understand politics and diplomacy better than I do. Lilith, you come to. An angel might help our case better than a demon. The rest of you, good job so far, but you can take a rest for now. We'll see you shortly, hopefully with some good news." Belzar said, before turning and following Bayltisar to the camp of the commander of this elven contingent.

20. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Before reaching the encampment, Lillith dissapeared for a bit. Nothing curious, she just vanished for about an hour. Yes, they were marching, but she could keep up. Right before they entered the place, she reappeared, only to look like a regular woman. Her wings were gone, back smooth, and her usually airy aura felt more human and down to earth. THis was a disguise of course. When entering a large area with mortals, one had to hold the face of being a messenger of heaven. Of course, she had been travelling with mortals, but they had surprised her and now she was certain she could trust them. Appearing baak with the group, she grinned to them all and shifted her backbones, entering the encampment.

THe place was great. Colorfull and beautiful it was clearly elven. Lillith enjoyed the place very much, fue to the fact that no one was staring at her. Being the last angel made her unconfortable and withdraw. It was all so sudden, and sh eenjoyed being mortal for this couple of hours, or maybe days.It all mattered how long they stayed.

Turning back towards the group, she heard Balzar say.Ok, Sylavanas? Thanks for getting us here, but we don't need you just now. Instead, Bayltisar? You're coming with me to see the leader of these forces. We need to talk to him, get him to help, and you understand politics and diplomacy better than I do. Lilith, you come to. An angel might help our case better than a demon. The rest of you, good job so far, but you can take a rest for now. We'll see you shortly, hopefully with some good news" SHe scowled a bit at being remided that she was angelic. Forgetting it, she followed him.