RPG #10 - Gyin

Discussion in 'RPG#10 - Gyin' started by Nienor, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    As the King finished talking, Carambeth looked up from the Elven Queen's side, and looked upon the Minotaur the King had proclaimed as He Who Rides The Storm, a myth, as far as Carambeth was concerned.

Carambeth looked upon the hulking minotaur, covered in black hair, mail and scraps of armour. He seemed to carry no weapon, likely the Alliance didn't fancy someone of his size carrying around anything dangerous. Beasts like him weren't so easy to overcome.

The whispers in the crowd started to arise again, and the Queen lent over and whispered in his ear, "The Ranger's must go with the Minotaur, what remains of their strength will be needed there."

"But, Your Highne-" she cut him off, sensing his thoughts.

"The Alliance will take care of Lorinea. The Orga have passed through, and they will not dare try their strength against the combined might of the Alliance. Not yet..."

Carambeth bowed low, "Yes, My Queen. The Rangers will be informed, I will leave at once."

"Speak with this Minotaur, before you leave, take him to Lorinea if you will, as you gather your Rangers. Learn what you can of him, and report back to me before you leave on any quest. Your Rangers have dwindled Carambeth, and strong warriors will be needed. You should find as many able bodied adventurers as you can, and take them with you. Our strength must be combined if we are to have any hope of destroying this army."

Carambeth looked away from the King, and noticed the Minotaur had taken his leave. The Court was again talking in hushed whispers, and the King was yelling for silence. The Ranger nodded to his Queen, and left in silence. When he was outside, he saw the Minotaur retriving his weapons, a large pole-axe, by the look of it.

"Minotaur, I must speak with you," said Carambeth, motioning to the Minotaur to come out of earshot of any commoners or Guards in the area.

"My name is Carambeth, First Ranger of Lorinea," he said formely, bowing low. "My Queen has commanded that the strength of the Rangers follow you into battle."

"I have heard of your Rangers, Carambeth," he replied, "They are strong and admirable warriors. I am Ephrit Stormborn."

"Well met," replied Carambeth, surprised by the large Minotaurs manners, "If you will, I shall take you to Lorinea. I have been instructed to gather my remaining Rangers, and to recruit any who will oppose the Orga threat. Let it be known I am not under your command, though are instructions are the same. We should work together, if we are to achieve peace. The army will take time to mobilize, but a small strike force should be able to atleast break their defences and learn the reason of this sudden attack."

Ephrit made no reply, except the nodding of his head.

"This army is like nothing you have faced Carambeth. Like nothing noone has ever faced. We will need all the strength we can muster. I will go with you to Lorinea, but I cannot stay long. For I am needed by those who sent me."

2. Lillith Forbid

Lillith Forbid Returned Queen of Bondage

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Irilse bowed her head and thought for a moment while the Lady wen tto attend other buisness. Her hair hung over her face light an elegant curtain that shielded her eyes. Soon Luin came back and sat next to her, silent, for which she was grateful. wHen the Lady came back from her other buisness, she smiled up at her and nodded, saying softly

" I just have one tiny question. If you cannot answer it it is fine..." sHe pause while thinking of her words carefully.." WHat is it that you are doing here. THese rangers?" SHe had been curious of it for along time and Luin would not tell her.

3. Orock

Orock New Member

The 'Dungeon'... otherwise known as my room... no
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ephrit and Carambeth made their way across the field toward Lorinea. He was not truly sure if what the elven king had said was true, but if it was to be his fate than so be it, he would except and continue fighting as he always had. He knew now that he did have the support of the elven rangers, which was very welcome after seeing their fighting prowess in the battle, but they would need more than just the rangers if they were to stand a chance in the battle they still faced.

"Tell me Carambeth, do you believe your rangers are ready for this battle? There is a very good chance that many will not survive this encounter with the Orga." Carambeth had opened his mouth to answer when Ephrit seen the one that he had been looking for, the Blood. "Hold that thought for one moment friend, I must speak to this one myself."

Carambeth stopped and Ephrit turned and started walking towards the Blood, I could use one such as him for the upcoming fight. "Blood." He called at the other minotuar. "Stop a moment and listen to me."

4. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Elril had not expected that question, she had thought it obvius all the time. But she politely answered lady Irilse:

"Lady Irilse, as Rangers of Lorinea our duty, our call of this world, is to protect our land from any threat there may be. For now, that threat is made by the orgas and thus we battle them. If we are ever to leave our land and the quest Nature demands of us, it would be by the call of Mother Gaea for us to do so, and Mother Gaea alone."

She hoped Irilse would understand, she knew no other thing she could say to further accentuate the importance of the Rangers of Lorinea. The safety of Lorinea, the home of elves, was as important to each elf who lived there as was their own breath, their own life. When living for such a long time as elves do there are certain things one will never let go, and thus you protect it, it's that simple, I guess. Elril thought, not really knowing what it was the lady could not understand.

5. Crys

Crys The Blood

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Foeseeker turned from a recently re-hacked-up Orga and turned to the Night. "Brother Night!" Rangevar called to his as he turned back to remove the now bluestained axe. "It seems I will need a new blade."

It seemed he'd finally come to some inner peace; his mind had relaxed after combat and he'd finally started to show some civility for once. As he turned his attention back to Ephrit, he disarmed himself by throwing his prized axe into the bushes where it would eventually decay and rust away. "What is it Brother Night?" He asked as he stood straight for the first time, now towering over the elf who Epherit had left, and standing slightly taller than the Night. "Well?"

6. Orock

Orock New Member

The 'Dungeon'... otherwise known as my room... no
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ephrit tilted his head back ever so slightly so as to stare into the eyes of the taller Blood. "I have come here in search of warriors to fight a war against the Orga, and I believe that you would be a perfect ally to me in this cause... that is, if you wish to except. I can promise you will get to kill quite a few of these Orga scum." Indeed, quite a few... and if your lucky you might just survive to tell your children... but I doubt that many of us will survive this battle.

7. Crys

Crys The Blood

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The Blood cracked his neck by nearly touching ear to shoulder both ways. "Orrga?" He asked, deep voice rumbling, some anger returning to his voice. "Killl thee Orrrga..?" He asked, more anger in his voice, deep tones rolling off his tounge. "Yess. I will jooin with you Brother Night... and killl thee Orrga! Kill them for... for Yuri!" He emphasized Yuri, and then regained his composure. "I suppose, that we shall be leaving soon... I will... patrol. Yes; patrol and scavange, maybe I'll find a new blade amongst the blood." He smiled. "Yes. Good bye Night. Don't forget me." And the red figure stalked off into the brush.

8. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    " I understand" Was all Irilse said as she took this information in.

She half expected that answer straight away. As rangers, it would be thoughtful to rid the world of these Orgas. Nodding a bit, she smiled softly up to Lady Elril. Taking a deep breath, she hoisted herself up on her feet. Luin tried to stop her, but she waved him off gently. Once on her feet, she winced a bit and made a deep bow to Lady Elril, saying softly up to her as her eyes were pointed at her feet.

" It would be an honor to stay with your rangers and depend on your hospitality for no longer than acouple of days. As my wounds heal, I would be glad to help in any way I could. I will be able to carry my own weight.." She trailed off and glanced up, grinning with a miscievious look in her eyes.."Aye? or Nay?" She said it before thinking about who she was talking to. Clearing her throat hurriedly, she bowed her head back dor and eased herself back onto the ground to ease the throb in her head.

9. Rosgwak

Rosgwak The Masked Warrior

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Meltaris ran through the bush, the branches tearing at his robe as he sprinted on, his breath rasping. Damn Orga... he attacked thinking there were only 3 or 4, then suddenly the rest of the damn creatures ambush him. Hearing a crash of brush closer behind him then he liked, Melatris spun quickly and fired a ball of fire towards the Orga about to hit him, and as the Orga fell back, dead or well on the way, Meltaris spun back around and kept running. Where was he? He knew there was meant to be a group of Elven rangers stationed around this part of the forest somewhere, but blowed if he could find it. There was another crash from behind him, but this time Meltaris was too slow, and he felt a searing pain across his back as he fell forward and rolled, looking up into the face of an Orga above him.

Quickly Meltaris swung up his staff and stabbed the Orga through the gut.
    "Sorry to be so forceful, but hopefully you get my point." he grunted, as he twisted the blade. Then, climbing to his feet, he withdrew the staff and quickly resumed his run, but the last wound on his back had done what the rest of them couldn't, and he could feel himself slowing down. But, fortune of all fortunes, he could hear voices ahead. With one final burst of energy he leapt through the last line of bushes and landed amidst the rangers. Turning quickly he performed the spell necessary to send bolts of lightning flying towards the Orga who were foolish enough to follow him through the bushes, and any that he missed he knew the rangers would get.

After the last Orga was dead, Meltaris stopped the spell and turned to face the group. Around him he could see faces looking at him, confused, and he realised how he must look, his clothing threadbare and torn, and blood still flowing from cuts over his chest and back. In specific though, his attention was drawn to one woman in specific, someone he knew was human but had beauty to rival, if not beat, that of any elven female. It appeared she had just been talking to an elven female with pure white hair, who may or may not have been the leader of these rangers. Melatris smiled at both of this women, his usual grin sliding into place.
    "Hey." he said by way of greeting, and suddenly passed out.

10. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    She had just sat down when a crash was heard in the bushes. Grabbing her whips beside her, she proped herself up on one knee, fully aware of the noise of distant orgas dying. At once a figure burst from the trees and stopped to look at them. Frozen with a slight shock, she blinked as the man casually said " Hey" and than dropped unconcious. Landing rather hard on the ground, she noticed the man lay still. Blinking once more, her hands still on her whips, she got up unsteadily and walked carefully over to the man.

Examining him a bit, she noticed that he was rather good looking. He was elven, by the look of him and he was bloodied and weak. His chest and back seemed the worse of the blood flowing. Thinking back to her days with her Master, Galen, she heard his voice whisper in her ear.

" ...a common element used in Illusionist magic is to calm someone or prod them out of unconcieousness. A simple work, just sending the feeling of calm-ness into thier minds and easily tugg thiere essence to the surface' And then after which Galen had slapped her over the head because she was dozing.....

Sighing a bit, she Whispered the enchantment and dug into the man's head. Sending images and feelings of clam into him, she pinched a bit of his internal essence and rose it up, calling inaditable words to the man to make him rise back to concieousness. She hoped it worked well enough.

11. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Meltaris was slowly brought back into consciousness, and as he opened his eyes he groaned loudly and raised his hand to his head.
    "Did I really make that joke?" he thought to himself, and then deciding that nothing could be worse than that awful pun, he opened his eyes to see just where he was. He was pleasantly surprised, therefore, to find the face of that beautiful woman floating above his. He grinned up at her.
    "Now I know my luck wouldn't let this be true." he said out loud to her, laughing slightly as he sat up and looked around. He was still in the middle of the ranger camp, and judging by the way everyone was standing he assumed it had only been a few seconds since he passed out. But if that was the case he wondered just how he was brought back to consciousness so soon, and he looked at the woman who was still kneeling where he had lain.

She had long, black hair, ending around her waist, and when she looked at him he could see piercing green eyes. The rest of her appearance was that of elegance and pure beauty, and Meltaris was an elf, so he knew something about beauty. The same charming grin on his face he sat down heavily and pulled open his pack, fishing around for some bandages he knew should still be in there, never breaking eye contact with the woman.
    "I'll assume you brought me back, although I have no idea how." he said, and finally pulled the bandages out with a triumphant flourish. "Name's Meltaris. Mind if I ask yours and how you did that little trick?"

12. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Utterly confused as he spoke aloud right before he awoke fully, she tilted her head a bit and grinned softly down to him, her hair hanging over her shoulder. Seeing his willy grin, she grinned even broader and looked around at Luin, the male elf that she befriended. He shrugged and she instantly knew that Luin didnt know this handsome elf. SHrugging back at Luin she knelt by the man and brushed back her hair.

THe man had brown hair and green eyes almost like her own. He seemed to have a good humor enough to be seen as easy going.

Tilting her head once more, she reached forward and plucked the bandages out of his hand, saying kindly " I'll do that, you need rest...." sHe unrolled them and spoke aloud once more. " My name is Irilse....I arose you from unconcieousness because I am an Illusionist and can do such things" sHe glanced at him and started bandaging up the easy cuts on his arms. SHe'd leave his chest and back for someone else. Grinning a bit, she finished only a moment later and stood up, her head throbbing unconfortably, but she steadied herself and grinned down to him.

" I can do this" sHe whispered something and instantly Luin jumped back as a big brutish animal with three eyes stood in her place. Irilse, as the moster, stared down at the men and grinned than growled in a thundering voice" ANd I can do this" sHe whispered something else and her body, back to the young woman, multiplied by ten, each doing a small pose before returning to one. She stumbled a bit than sat back down , saying simply " I am an Illusionist"

13. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Meltaris sat there and listened to Irilse talk as she bandaged the cuts on his arms, better then he could've done anyway. Medicine was not his fortay. He grinned with amusement as she explained that she was an Illusionist. He had heard about that class of sorcery, but as of yet hadn't really seen an Illsuionist of any worth. He was suddenly proven blissfully wrong as Irilse transformed before his eyes into a huge hulking beast, that looked so real even he was slightly unnerved. He then grinned even wider as she returned to her normal form but multiplied herself by ten, each one doing a pose.

"Well, three beautiful women." he said out loud. "Truly your powers are dangerous to try and go up against." he said playfully, as she returned to her one normal form and looked at him. She then stumbled slightly, which Meltaris noticed, and sat down heavily saying "I am an Illusionist."

Meltaris got to his feet and pulled a small packet of herbs out of his pack. He then walked over to her, smiling.
    "No, you are currently in a sore state, is what you are." he said, laughing slightly. He knelt down besides Irilse and held out a leaf to her. "I may not know much about medicine but I do know this trick. Chew this, it won't make you pain go away instantly, but it'll help." he said to her, looking directly into her eyes to show his honesty.

14. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    SHe laughed a bit at his jokes. A humorly man was he and she found him amusing. Falling back a bit than sitting down, she watched with a slight grin on her face as he pulled the packet out of his pack. Tilting her head a bit she took the leaf and held it up to her face saying aloud to him " WHat is it?" It was a curious thing. Holding it flat in the palm of her hand, she traced the viens of the leaf and looked up to him as he explained it. Blinking back at his eyes, she flushed a bit as the pain pounded in her head. " It will help..I just chew it?"

Taking a deep breath, she nibbled a bit on the leaf. THe taste was refreshingly minty and she chewed half of it. It refreshed her sences and made her head ease a bit until it was enough to ignore. Grinning to him she exclaimed " Its good!" and she sat down fully, crossing her legs , making the leafs russle underneath her." I thank you very much..er..Sir Meltaris" And flashed another grin towards him.

15. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Meltaris swallowed hard as Irilse blinked at him from not too far away. He vaguely wondered why, but then merely brushed it aside and decided to ignore it for now. Instead, he watched encouragingly as she chewed on the leaf, and exclaimed that it was good. Grinning, Meltaris sat down next to her, brushing his hands dramatically.
    "And now, my work here is done." he said. "And by the way, please, just call me Meltaris." he said, with a theatrical and deprecating shudder. "Don't want people to start thinking I AM a sir...might have something to live up to then." he said, laughing freely. He had just burst into this camp, and already he appeared to have made a friend, or at the very least an ally.

Suddenly he thought of something.
    "So, if you don't mind me asking, where are you going next anyway Irilse? Are you staying with the rangers, or planning some dangerous quest on your own?" he asked, that same cheeky smile playing on his face.

16. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    SHe laughed softly again and grinned amusingly at Meltaris. He was funny, very good in a person. SHe clasped her hands together and grinned wider to him, shaking her head as he suggested that she was on a dangerous quest of her own. Saying simply, she shrugged " I am not sure whatI am going to do. I just stumbled apon the rangers....I am very grateful for thier hospitality so far" She smiled over at Luin as he attended the other elves for a moment. Returning her attention back to Meltaris, she smiled and unclasped her hands.

" Well...if you dont mind me asking..what are you doing out here?" SHe brushed back her black hair and reached up to tie it with a piece of cloth from her sleeve. Her hair kept comming down into her face and hiding it. Blinking away extra strands , she grinned to him and motioned to his wounds on his chest and back " By the way, you might want someone to bandage those up..I wont because..er.." sHe blushed lightly then hastily said " Because others have more complicated medicine to heal them" SHe looked over to Luin and said " He needs some medicine...do you have any?" She felt unconfortable as he nodded and went to get some. SHe didnt want to demand and she was sure she didnt, but these elves were kind enough for letting her stay for a bit, let alone ask for medicine.

17. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Meltaris smiled as Irilse laughed lightly at him. Her laugh was excellent... light, and mysterious, seeming to hint at more humour hidden away, yet at the same time full of life. Meltaris liked a person who could laugh as freely as it seemed Irilse could. Meanwhile, Meltaris listened attentively as Irilse explained what she was doing here. He also watched closely as she tried to tie her hair back up out of her eyes, and taking a small liberty he reached up and took the strip of cloth, quickly fashioning an effective, yet attractive grip on her hair with it. He looked up at it refelectively, and then laughed at how strange it most look. Looking back into Irilse's now uncovered eyes he smiled.
    " I apologise for assuming there, but even the most hardened elven warrior is an elf at heart." he said by way of explanation. "We demand style in everything." he said with a self-deprecating laugh.

He then watched as Irilse pointed as his wounds and said that he might want to get someone else to look at them, laughing at her clear embarassment.
    "More complicated medicine, eh?" he said, still laughing. "It's okay," he said, waving a hand at Irilse. "I understand entirely and it's fine. One must remember manners after all. Meanwhile, I've got no specific plans, I'm a wanderer me." he said, striking a pose which he knew looked rather silly. "As for how I got here... well, Orga in the forest aren't going to kill themselves, unfortunately." he finished. "What about you? How did you actually end up here to begin with?"

18. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    She blushed light pink as he reached up and tied her hair up with his own cloth. SHe blinked a bit and turned her head to avoid him seeing her pink cheeks.. Once they were back to normal, she looked back at him and grinned, saying softly " Sorry, but style is my downpoint" sHe spread her arms out so he could see her clothes more clearly. THey were a simpler green tunic and brown traveling pants. SHe shrugged and looked at him, her eyes flashing embarrassingly as he pointed out her obvious hesitation at his wounds on his back and chest.

" N-no..its not that!" sHe stumbled a bit, the pink rising back in her cheek. sHe laughed at his pose and shook her head, saying to him " You are the most silliest man I have ever met" She shook her head a bit more and looked up to him, her eyes flashing miscieviously " I came because I wanted adventure! THe wind in my hair and the dirt under my fingernails" SHe held up her hands..(which were pretty clean) and laughed a bit. " Actually I am tracking someone" She didnt want to talk about the people who murdered her family...to fresh in her memory even though she was only a little girl when it happened.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  19. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Meltaris listened to Irile's explanation of her reason for being out here and stopped. He could tell there was a bigger issue behind her reason, but she clearly wanted to avoid speaking about it, and Meltaris wasn't going to push her to talk about something she clearly didn't want to. However, he did take a new look at her, and noticed the wounds she had obtained earlier as though seeing them for the first time.

"They look rather nasty." he said, leaning close for a good look at the wounds and their dressing. Someone had patched them up rather well by the looks of things. "Hmm, good thing you ran into the rangers, or else these wounds could've turned pretty bad. Who patched 'em up?" he asked Irilse. "They did a good job."

20. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    She blinked and rubbed the bandage on her head where that big orga had smashed her with a rock. She gingerly took her hand off again as sharp pain danced around her eyes. SHe blinked them out and looked to him. " Oh there nothing...only a head wound...can heal easily" she grinned softly and looked aorund to see hwere Luin went " Luin dressed them up for me. He is kind to do so. SOme of the elves just brushed me off..not sure why though" SHe shrugged and looked around her shoulder. Maybe she should go look for Luin...those wounds on Meltaris looks bad enough to pain him terribly. Although he didnt looked pained, she bet thoughs hurt.

Standing up carefully, steading herself on a nearby tree, she nodded her head to him and explained " I'm going to see where Luin went. I'll be right back with your medicine" sHe grinned and walked, a bit wobbly, away to find him.

Moments later, she came back with Luin and a bunch of herbs that healed. She grinned down at him and sat down next to Meltaris as Luin told him to hold still.

" THis will sting" He said with a glance to Meltaris

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
Search tags for this page

medicine rpg10