RPG #10 - Gyin

Discussion in 'RPG#10 - Gyin' started by Nienor, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Crys

Crys The Blood

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The sign of the next attack would not reach Scarlet’s ears today, as it wouldn’t be today at all. What did happen however, was a wall of Orga, each bearing a spear and thick shield formed a line at the front of the horde. A wall of pointed edges and wooden walls was quickly erected to stop anything from getting passed. Anything.

The Orga, relieved to see a safe retreat, ran back to the horde, but were met with he same spearheads the enemy was. Infuriated, they turned back, and charged, though being few in number at this point, were quickly, though not effortlessly dispatched.

Shortly after the last Orga who stood outside the wall of spears fell, the call came from the summit of Kilnako. “Regroup!” The Alliance looked over their shoulder. “Come quickly, leave the dead! There is little time!”

The Alliance members closer to the summit turned tail and ran, while other, or example, the Blood tribe, simply walked backward, they being much closer to the frontlines. Stormborn and Foeseeker made to it everyone got in, and that the wall stayed still. They were replaced by a handful of heavily armoured dwarves, who then closed the heavy stone door, to allow them some time to rest.

Some of the soldiers who showed more promise were called to a meeting with the surviving leaders to discus strategy and ranking. Among the promoted were Ephrit Stormborn, Rangevar Foeseeker -- who denied power to follow Stormborn – Irilse, Meltaris, got a standing offer of captainship. The newcomer, Scarlet, also got mention, though being new to the Alliance, was not granted power over troops, yet.

Shortly after rank hand been handed out, a dwarf entered the throne room, panting through his heavy helm. “Milord!” His deep voice boomed. “The Orga sir! They are taking the dead!”

“Good, let them remove their fallen filth!” came cries from the gathered.

“No milords!” Started the dwarf. “They be takin’ our dead too!”

2. Moriar

Moriar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Scarlet fell in beside Stormborn and Foeseeker covering the alliances back as they retreated toward the summit. Once replacements had arrived she headed back with the two Minotaur’s, although she was almost jogging to keep up with them. It wasn’t so much their speed, just the shear size of strides!!

On the way she kept a sharp eye out for those who were injured as opposed to dead. She had no problem telling the difference as her eyesight was razor-sharp and it was easy enough to see someone’s chest rising and falling. She did not carry anyone herself but her companions had strength enough to compensate. There was very little in terms of conversation on route, just nods of recognition if an injured soldier was spotted.

Scarlet’s first port of call was a bath; sooth the muscles and cleanse the skin. She did not stay in the bath for long as there was a lot of blood to wash off. Once ‘rinsed’ she re-filled the bath and soaked for about 10 minutes letting her mind wander to where ever the breeze took it.

Soon after the meeting was called and she chose to attend having already been singled out. Given the option, Scarlet would have declined any military 'power' offered anyway; she would much rather be fighting for herself without the responsibility of others around her. She did not voice her concern as it was not an issue, but it was at the forefront of her mind.

There was still an aura of common interest flowing between herself and the radiant beauty of an elf she had seen on the battle field; a couple of times their eyes met across the room but neither took the initiative as the time was still not right.

Scarlets main curiosity was in the blind faith already put in her; it wasn’t so much that she was not a familiar face, it was more that everyone seemed indifferent towards finding out her motives. She was more than happy to stay in the shadows though there was a degree of attention drawn to her anyway. There is little she can do to cover her combined looks of fire and ice and it always draws a moderate amount of interest. Unfortunately her wishes to stay quiet would have to be put aside in light of what followed.

Once the worn out dwarf had finished and been told to sit, Scarlet stood up. Having contributed very little so far, she was quickly given space in conversation to say her part.

“I don’t claim to know the reasons for this latest development, but I can tell you what I know so as to increase your knowledge of the situation. My part in this war was primarily business. The betrayal you suffered was long in the planning, long enough for my employer to decide he wanted to give you an advantaged. There was a small group of necromancers aside from the battle field for what ever the reason and my instructions were to remove them from the picture, and I did. I have no idea if they were the only dark mages at the hand of the Orga or human’s but they were the only ones present today and they are no longer in the land of the living. What ever the Orga intend to do with the fallen, my evidence suggests it is not to resurrect them.”

Scarlet let the gathering discuss this for a few moments then continued:

“One thing I do know is that ivory of any form can be fashioned into a large variety of items for use in war, my weapons are proof of this. With the amount they will now have available to them… well it concerns me. As I said, I cannot pretend to even have a slight idea what they intend to do with the dead, I’m just saying my piece. Now, I cant foresee me of being any further assistance so if it is not an inconvenience I will go and seek a meal; today has been hard work for us all so I suggest that you are not to far behind me.”

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  3. Lillith Forbid

Lillith Forbid Returned Queen of Bondage

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Irilse, the battle now defeated as the orgas scrambled back with thier dead and some others of thiers, was now looking for Meltaris. He had wonderered off somehow and she didnt know where he was. Her green eyes full of concern for her friend, she followed everyone back to the encampment. If Meltaris would be anywhere, he would be there. But, following the elves back, she noticed several things. First, there seemed to be less dead for them here. THe orgas seemed to have taken many. Over the people who followed everyone else, she started as she saw a flash of brilliant red hair. Blinking, she met eyes with the fighter from the field. wHo was she? sHe aked herself again. She showed up like a red devil on the field. Very good fighting skills and determination. Elves were resting outside there tents, healing wounds and tending to them. Few were sent summons to join a meeting, her included. Looking slighly away from the woman, as they enetered the meeting, she scanned the place for Meltaris.

Through the meeting, she had been invited as the rank of Captainship as well as Meltaris.
    she had been overgrateful that she, Meltaris and others had been promoted in rank. But, this was another thing, was she part of this army of elves? It was all very overwhelming. Sighing a bit, she was slightly startled, as were others, when a dwarf came hurrying in.

“The Orga sir! They are taking the dead!” The dwarf cried.

“Good, let them remove their fallen filth!” came cries from the group.

“No milords!” Protested the dwarf. “They be takin’ our dead too!”

There was a slight outcry from several people but they were silenced.

She furrowed her brow in confusion. WHy would they take thier own dead and the elves' too? It was a question being muttered all around.

Then THe redhaired fierce woman stood up.

“I don’t claim to know the reasons for this latest development, but I can tell you what I know so as to increase your knowledge of the situation. My part in this war was primarily business. The betrayal you suffered was long in the planning, long enough for my employer to decide he wanted to give you an advantaged. There was a small group of necromancers aside from the battle field for what ever the reason and my instructions were to remove them from the picture, and I did. I have no idea if they were the only dark mages at the hand of the Orga or human’s but they were the only ones present today and they are no longer in the land of the living. What ever the Orga intend to do with the fallen, my evidence suggests it is not to resurrect them." SHe paused for a few moments than continued "One thing I do know is that ivory of any form can be fashioned into a large variety of items for use in war, my weapons are proof of this. With the amount they will now have available to them… well it concerns me. As I said, I cannot pretend to even have a slight idea what they intend to do with the dead, I’m just saying my piece. Now, I cant foresee me of being any further assistance so if it is not an inconvenience I will go and seek a meal; today has been hard work for us all so I suggest that you are not to far behind me.”

Irilse smiled and thought to herself Well said

4. Rosgwak

Rosgwak The Masked Warrior

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    The battle was finally over. It had been a long, arduous task, but by the time it finished there were just as many Orga dead, if not more, than the allied forces. Not the greatest of victories in Meltaris' opinion, but at least he was alive to even have an opinion, as he easily dispatched the last few Orga with a few small elemental spells. As the sky cleared, Meltaris looked up, and the place that had just recently been crackling with lightning. Summoning a storm of that size... he knew he'd be feeling the effects of that all night. He grinned weakly, as he thought to himself. Some of the elemental spells he used could be quite powerful in his hands, but even one as naturally gifted as himself had to pay the price. It was then, looking around, that Meltaris began to panic. He couldn't see Irilse anywhere! Adrenaline flooded his system as he looked around panicked, trying to see through the retreating crowd. She was right behind him last time he had checked, and now...

Suddenly, a soldier approached Meltaris, and told him he was wanted in a meeting. Struggling to resist, Meltaris only wanted to find Irilse, but against his will he was slowly, yet firmly, direceted to the meeting tent. He was therefore relieved to see Irilse standing off to the side, and he rushed over to her, a grateful smile on his face. He took her into his arms and kissed her, then pulled back and grinned.
    "Thought I'd lost ya there." he said, the adrenaline subsiding now he'd found his love.

Throughout the meeting, Meltaris struggled to stay awake. After he had calmed down when he found Irilse, the weariness from the lightning spell had started to rapidly set in. But he was jerked into alertfulness when it was announced, to all assembled, that he had been promoted to the rank of Captain. Looking up in surprise, Meltaris quickly held up a hand.
    "Hey, um, look, it's an honour and all, really. But I don't think I can handle it! I don't think leading is exactly the job for me... right?" he finished, before turning to look at Irilse. Looking into her eyes, he saw the respect she had for him, and remembered the faith she put in him as well. Heaving a sigh he then turned back to the front. "But, why the hell not? Could be fun." he finished, his usual grin sliding into place, as he waited for the meeting to finish.

A few minutes later, at a newcomer's prompting, the meeting finished, to Meltaris delight. Turning to Irilse he kissed her once more, then looked into her eyes.
    "Ok, look, I'm gonna go set up a tent or something for us to use, if you want, ok? I'll also take a bit of a bath, that spell wore me out. You gonna come with, or can I find you somewhere later?" he asked her.

5. Moriar

Moriar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    From early on in Scarlet's childhood, she had heard rumours of how good dwarven parties were. Obviously there was not going to be a party tonight but the ingredients would be there. Great food and strong drink, and with any luck it would be a help yourself deal. She was by no means on her own with wanting sustenance after the day’s battle and there were numerous sections in the encampment where food was available. Some had started fires already to keep the heat up as the evening drew in so Scarlet chose to make the most of both. Raw meat was what she normally ate so that’s what she took. It was quite a novelty not to be frowned at for doing so but then again she was in the biggest multicultural gathering she had ever seen so it wasn’t that surprising.

Using a stripped and clean stick, she ‘kebabbed’ her meat and sat down in a meditational stance by the closest fire. Through out her life nature in its many forms had facinated her but the two that grabbed her the most were lightening just behind fire. The way the flames twist and turn, almost as if each flame had a partner and it was one big dance. Spirals, bursts, falling and climbing; you will never see the same flame twice which is why she could watch it for hours.

Scarlet very lightly cooked her meat, just a hint of brown on the outside but still dripping in the middle. She started to make her way through the chunk of meat when from the depths of her subconscious a thought came to mind. In other circumstances she would have dropped the meat but it tasted too good. Getting swiftly to her feet she ran at a moderate pace to the outskirts of the base; she needed to look out over the battle field before all the light had faded. The Orga’s plans could well be more apparent if she knew exactly ‘what’ they were taking from the blood soaked hill side.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  6. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Once out of the meeting, Irilse stretched a bit and blinked to the sky. It was a nice day, besides the battling and the bloodshed. But, once in a persons life, they just have to overlook that and get on with it. She started to turn her head back when she was caught on the mouth by Meltaris. She grinned against his lips and turned to him.

She smiled soflty at Meltaris. She grinned to him before they sat down and winked teasinly, waving her hand around to make a faint picture of a mermaid laughing silently and flippig her hair before it vanished and she laughed to herself. " Which do you perfer yourself, to have me with you or to leave me be for acouple of hours while you take your bath? and or, get relaxation?" sHe stuck out her toungue.

7. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Meltaris smiled back at Irilse, and poked his tongue out at her, laughing easily.
    "Well, I think you know which I'd prefer", he said, winking at her, "but if you'd rather go and eat, don't let me stop you. Otherwise, just follow me." he said, standing up, and kissing her once more before turning and walking off through the camp.

As he strolled amongst the gathered forces, he looked around at all the temporary shelters and tents being set up for the night, and all the different groups gathering together to celebrate their survival through the first day. But he also noticed other, more morose soldiers, not joining in the merriment, and it struck him once more just how many brave warriors had fallen at the hands of the Orga forces... and the human's betrayal. THAT was something he wasn't going to readily forgive.

After a few minutes, Meltaris stopped walking. His short stroll had taken him out of sight of the camp, and even behind some straggling trees, where a small stream flowed. Stretching his energies once more, despite the drain it put on him, Meltaris altered the earth beneath the stream, making it deep enough for him to stand in, submerged to his chest. Then, removing his clothes he stepped into the stream, and began to clean himself, keeping an eye out in case Irilse had followed him.

8. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Irilse grinned at him, his teasing adn his wink. SHe knew, of course, who wouldnt? Sighing a bit,a slight rumble reached her ears. Alarmed, she jumped and looked around. Her head whipped around her other shoulder. THere it was again! Blinking, Irilse looked down at herself and almost burst out laughing. SHe was hungry.... Good thing Meltaris wa gone already, she thought as she blushed with embarrassment and skipping over to her tent. Meltaris would probally miss her, but she would catch up later when she had eaten a bit.

Looking around, she was glad to see the merriment of a victory within the groups of the camp. Although there was laughing and music, there were also pale and horrid faces. There had been many deaths here, and it stung like a bee. She sighed and looked ahead of her. SHe flt sympathetic to the ones who had lost family and friends, but this was a battle, it couldnt be helped.

Making her way through the various tents, she found a small one next to another that she had set up earlier, before the meeting. It was a little hap-hazard on its side, so she went a spent several minutes fixing it. Finally, a bit later, she smiled and crawled in, gathering her supplies and set to work building a small fire. Deciding to cook a bit of everything and making a stew, she set to work on that for a few minutes too.

Sitting down with a confortable smile, she wound her long black hair into a tail at the base of her neck with a gold scarf she had tucked away in her pack. Perfect, now to wait for the food. When Meltaris came back, there would also be a share for him and his tired self, she thought with a grin.

9. Moriar

Moriar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    By the time Scarlet reached a view point to look over the battle field the light had dropped to low for her to see clearly 'what' had been taken. The only way to find out would be to go and investigate up close and she had no intention of that!!
    The sky was a blend of midnight blue through to faint crimson on the western horizon. Those colours almost portrayed the emotions Scarlet could see drifting around the campsite despite being relatively withdrawn from them her self. Some were deep in mourning for lost love ones whilst others were celebrating their return from the day’s events. It was a twisted sight to have these extreme emotions sat feet from each other, each blissfully ignorant of the other. There was still interaction between the various parties but it would only tend to be a swift gesture of commiseration before returning to the drink being provided. Scarlet so far had remained completely solitary excluding the meeting and due to the situation was likely to stay that way unless someone took interest in her.

Scarlet made her way to one of the points where drinks were available. She is not a fan of beers or ales at any level but plenty of other drinks take her fancy including dwarven fire wine. It is debatable as to whether to class it as a wine or as a spirit but either way it is one of the most sensational drinks Scarlet has ever had the opportunity to drink. On that point she made a specific request to get hold of a bottle and fortunately enough there were a few available. It was not sizable at all, only a 500ml bottle but one of them would be enough to render an average human unconscious.

Taking the drink with silent gratitude, Scarlet went back towards the outskirts of the encampment. After a few minutes searching she found what she was looking for; a tent yet to be occupied already kitted out with bedding. Taking a blanket she found a comfortable patch of grass in an open space distant enough from the majority to only have a few songs and laughs as faint background noise. Folding the blanket up to form a pillow she laid down on her back looking up into the void of space, her hands behind her head and one leg crossed over the other at the ankles.

As it was a cloudless night the temperature was dropping slightly but the heat of the day was still present enough not to feel a chill. Scarlet studied the skies as she made her way through the strong dwarven solution, looking for identifiable shapes and constellations. Not for ones she knew already but trying to find ones not already written. The more she drank the more her eye’s relaxed and the easier it was to see shapes and forms in the sky. A Minotaur striking a Troll; an eagle catching a fish; a grand tree; a lost fox cub.

After about an hour or so Scarlet had finished off the entire bottle of fire wine and eventually drifted off into a haunted sleep as it always was. Visions of the perverse pleasure the wraiths enjoyed whilst afflicting agony upon her and the impossible pain of having her very soul whipped and flogged. Anyone that saw her would think she was deep asleep as she wasn’t physically reacting to the images in her mind but she was more alert than ever whilst in this state.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  10. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    After a few long minutes, Meltaris had finished washing himself, and now just relaxed in the stream. He could feel his muscles unwinding, but knew that it would take more than a small dip in a stream to get him back to normal. Lying there, he reflected on all that happened to him so far. A few days ago, he was just a simple elementalist, doing what he could to survive and have fun. Then before he knew it he had been caught up in this whole war, and praying he survived each day. On the plus side, he had met Irilse, and things were going very well. In fact, if he didn't know any better he'd say he genuinely lo... nah, he wasn't that far in yet.

'Was he?' he thought, as he remembered the rose he had carved into the tree not that long ago. Shaking his head, he remembered Irilse would be waiting for him, and he quickly climbed out of the stream, got dressed and headed back to camp.

A few minutes later, Meltaris was moving through the camp, and had arrived at the tent Irilse had set up earlier. Lifting up the back of it, and sneaking in, Meltaris put his hands over Irilse's eyes.
    "Guess who." he said, with a light laugh, then just as quickly let go of her eyes, spun her around, and kissed her on the lips. Licking them after he smiled.
    "Hmm, something tastes good." he said, reaching around and picking up his share of the food. "Thanks." he said to her. As he ate, Meltaris looked at Irilse. Plenty of emotions boiled inside, but at the forefront was pure relief she had survived as well. However there was that hair again...

Putting his bowl down, Meltaris leant forward and reached around her back. Untying the golden scarf, he laughed gently.
    "You know, as beautiful as your hair is, one of these days you're gonna have to learn how to tie it properly." he said, his fingers moving unconsciously and leaving the hair how she wanted, but in a much more efficient tie. Looking into Irilse's eyes, Meltaris' heart was pounding, and despite wanting to move his arms, he couldn't, or wouldn't.

"I love you." he said suddenly, before leaning and kissing her on the lips. But suddenly he realised what he'd just blurted out, and quickly pulled back, blushing. He buried his face in his palm, first the rose in the tree, now this? Man, if Irilse didn't hate him yet, she would if he kept blurting things out like this.
    "I'm sorry, Irilse, really... Um... sorry." he finished pathetically, chanting in his head over and over again 'Not the time, not the place.'

11. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Irilse looked up at the sky and grinned. Meltaris haddent got back yet, and his food was getting cold, but she was confortable under the pale moon and stars. The air wafted aorund her was fairly warm, yet a bit chilly when the wind caught it up. Wrapping her arms around her, she finished her food and dsat down next to the opening of the tent. Waving her hands around, she muttered various words and made air illusions to pass the time until Meltaris came back. A snake slithered dangerously around a couple stars, a bear roared a silent roar as it galloped acrossed the moon, and asingle male archer rose up and strung his bow, hair flying, and struck a swan in the air.

Hands closed around her eyes, blocking the illusions and a voice whispered chillingly into her ear " Guess who?" she laughed and relaxed as Meltaris spun her around and kissed her. As she grinned against his lips, she laughed and tugged his hair " You scared me" SHe muttered and gave him his food. While he ate his food, she brushed back the hair that was escaping from the scarf around her hair. Blinking, she felt a tug at her scarf and her black hair billowed out and fell around her shoulders, splashing down her back.

She growled teasingly at Meltaris as he said, "You know, as beautiful as your hair is, one of these days you're gonna have to learn how to tie it properly." She stuck out her toungue and said back " ANd I always wonder how you know so much about tieing up hair, Meltaris" but she let him tie up her hair, shiviering now and then as his fingers grazed her neck.

"I love you" floated aorund the air as his lips muttered it. sHe blinked, shocked and looked at him. He looked as shocked as her, yet she also looked embarrased. He buried his face in his hands and apologiesed, but she smiled soflty and took his face in her hands and brought her lips to his. Just before thier lips touched, she muttered " And I love you" And she kissed him.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  12. Rosgwak

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hearing Irilse return his feelings, Meltaris was overjoyed. The kiss was brilliant as well, if he was honest, but just knowing she returned his feelings... it was more than he could have hoped for. He knew it may have seemed slightly rash of him, but if he was pressed for answers he believed the trials such as they were currently going through were a catalyst, taking any emotions they felt and throwing them into overdrive, because it suddenly confronted them just how short life was. But this sort of philosophising wasn't right, he was in the arms and lips of the one he loved, now was not the time to think.

After a few minutes, they broke apart, and Meltaris held Irilse closer. When she looked at him he smirked.
    "It's cold out." he said, laughing at what was clearly an excuse. But, truth be told, he didn't really care. They'd both survived the day's battle, they'd been promoted, and now their feelings were out in the open. This was turning out to be quite a day indeed. Although, on the matter of their promotion...

Meltaris looked down at Irilse, in his arms.
    "Um, okay, you're gonna have to help me here, because I have NO idea what a captain is meant to do." he said, a sheepish smile on his face.

13. Lillith Forbid

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Irilse smiled at his smirk.

"Its cold out" She just laughed and shook her head, repling " Yes, very cold, almost to chilly to bear"

She stuck her toungue out and pressed her face into his chest, breathing in his presence. It was strange. A couple weeks back, the cold beauty Irilse set out into the forest to find something to be, someone to be, and yet, she found this handsome being infront of her. Handsome face and pointy ears, kind heart and equll kind eyes. She almost felt like it was a dream. Soon, she would wake up and find herself curled up in her Master's house, being woken up to study. Sighing happily into his chest, she blinked and looked at him.

"Um, okay, you're gonna have to help me here, because I have NO idea what a captain is meant to do."

She laughed and shook her head " dont ask me. I've never had a leadership position as long as I've been born. But, you being captian, is a good move. You will obvisously be very good." SHe stuck out her tongue and waved her hands. TIny elven soldiers danced around his head.

14. Crys

Crys The Blood

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Whence the meeting left his presence, the King of Dwarves, held Stormborn back, which of course also slowed Foeseeker. “There is no longer any doubt in my mind.” He said, seemingly to wise for his appearance. “You are most certainly He Who Rides the Storm.”

“Course ‘e is!” cried Foeseeker, who was silenced by both Stormborn and King Tyrin.

“This means, Lord Stormborn that I have something which belongs to you.” He quickly hopped down off his high throne, and walked across the oddly clean stone floor, his grieves making mechanic clangs as he strode past the minotaurs, each with a look of puzzlement on their face. He grabbed a lit torch of the wall, and looked back, “Well, do come along.” He said before turning out the doorway. He walked down the one unlit passage to been seen by either minotaur since entering Kilnako, it was long, and cool, both from feelings of unknown, and lack of firelight.

After an approximate fifteen minutes of walking, he stopped abruptly, the only thing differentiating this spot from the rest of the wall, was an empty, rusted torch holding, attached to the less than well kempt stone wall. He placed the torch in the slot, and pulled a small, ornate knife from his belt he dragged the blade across his palm, and allowed the blood to drip into a small hole in the floor.

Blue lights accented a square on the wall, and it began to push back. Shortly there after, stairs were revealed, and Tyrin grabbed the torch, and began to walk down the stair into the deep, dark, nothing. Reluctantly, the minotaurs followed.

After following a winding stone staircase for upwards of five minutes, Tyrin stopped again, and extinguished the torch, which seemed unwelcome by the minotaurs, who gave quick expressions of confusion in the now pitch black.

“You must walk forward, Stormborn.” The king said. “Go ahead, it is quite safe.” Alone, for the first time in quite sometime, the minotaur walked, forward, and into the abyss.

Dimly, yet surely, blue light once again began to glow, first calming, and then pulsating, brightly and then dimly. Air moving in a tight circle was then easily heard over the dead calm. A large axe, balanced by a pair of heavy spikes, dark in nature, dark in design, floated, hilt down, a mere two feet of the ground, but never the less, it float.

“Lord Stormborn,” said a king, to a being born inferior, “I present to you, the Abbadon.”

Beldral stood alone, pondering all, and naught, in the top room of his spire. Evil in its simplicity, it was truly a sight to behold. Once more, three clangs came on the door, and echoed through the nearly hollow room. “Enter, you worm.” Be muttered through a long, white mustache.

Quickly, and slightly, Joyr entered, and scurried to his master’s side. “Master, the soldiers have returned as you have asked.”

“Excellent! Most excellent indeed.” He smiled a cruel smile, and puffed out his mustaches. “And they have brought the dead as I demanded?” He asked the worm of a Goblin, nearly pleadingly.

“Of course they did!” cried Joyn, exaggerating with a toothy grin. “Shall I prepare things Master?”

“Yes, see to it you do.”

Beldral stood in front of a mass of Orga, and a pile of bodies, each torn, ravaged, beaten, bruised and bloodied. “Fewer Orga returned than I had planned.” He muttered to himself. “And they brought few dead of this pathetic Alliance than I had hoped for. Though no matter, it will still be a welcomed addition.” Beldral raised his gnarled wooden staff into the air, and screamed as loud as ancient lungs would allow. “Bring the bodies!”

This those words, each Orga walked to the mass of dead bodies, and grabbed one, throwing it over his shoulder, Orga bodies, human bodies, elven, dwarven, animalistics, everything. If it lived, it died, if it died, it was in the pile. They began to walk toward Beldral, thousands of Orga, thousands of dead, and still, only a days work.

An Orga threw a dead drider down in front of the twisted wizard, who raised his staff, and muttered a phrase or to, before a purplish light began to emanate from the spider-like corpse’s wounds. The wounds healed over into scars, and the skin of the deceased turned to a bluish purple. The thin, lithe legs of the drider became thick and muscular, even a severed leg was replaced. The thorax, which had one time bore armor, was covered in a thick leathery coating, resembling leather.

The blue glow ended, and the drider opened his eyes, stood to meet Beldral’s gaze, and nodded his head. “Father,” He said, as though he were speaking to an evil clergyman, before stalking off, and grabbing another body off the pile.

It was worse than Scarlet, bless her, could ever imagine. The fallen had not been revived. The fallen had been reborn. The fallen, were risen-again Orga.

15. Reaper

Reaper Super Llama

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Garwin awoke in a small bed, his head hurt, he was obviously hit in the head with something hard. He sat up and looked around, he appeared to be in an underground city, unsure where he stood out of bed and shook of his headache. As he walked towards the doorway he noticed some failliar looking suit armor on a nearby table, he walked over and lifted up the helmet.

It appeared to be dwarven made, just his size, it looked like it was also recently repaired and enforced. He sat the helmet back down when a dwarf with a grey beard walked in the door. "Aye, Garwin you've awoken!" he said in a cheery voice as he removed blood stained battle gear. "Who are you?" Garwin asked trying not to sound too rude, the dwarf's face was covered in shock, as if he was smashed with a hammer. "Garwin... its me, your friend Helmer!" he said as a tear rolled down his cheeck, he was obviously hurt very badly. 'I'm sorry Helmer, but I have amnesia..." Garwin said as his eyes strayed to the armor again.

Helmer looked at the armor, "Oh! So you noticed that? Do you like it, I just finished repairing it!" he said, cheerfulness returning to his voice. "Its a good suit of armor" Garwin said as he felt it, his stubby fingers running of the silver scales. "Good, well its yours! And so is that hammer." Helmer said as he motioned towards a large hammer leaning in the corner. Garwin was surprised, he had never seen anything so beautiful, then he remembered. "Oh... um, how long was I out?" he asked dumbfound. Helmer laughed as if he was waiting for that question. "Well lets see, the elf found you in the forest, and carried you here.... Orga attacked, I'd say a little over three days." he said as he counted on his fingers.

Garwin looked at the hammer, its head was broad, it looked like it could knock even a giant to the ground, and it has two large spikes on the back of its head, its handle was easily a meter long, and was a dark brown with a silver stud at the butt. Garwin walked over and picked it up, it was heavy, but not to heavy. Helmer looked at Garwin, "You should change, we never know when the Orga may attack again." Garwin nodded and as Helmer turned to leave asked him to wait, 'Who brought me here?" he asked. Helmer smiled, "An elf by the name of Azaryl found you behind the Alliance and carried you here, glad your alive!" he said as he closed the door.

16. Moriar

Moriar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The more Scarlet had slept the more her dreams had progressed. In the end it had become a hybrid of meeting her parents (though their faces were impossible to see) only to have them stripped from life by the very abominations that had brought her so much agony. Her sleep was always haunted by images of her torturous endevour but they had never stretched this far with pain.

Scarlet awoke suddenly with a fright. She had not fealt fear since she had ‘recovered’ from her ordeal but she felt it now. Something was wrong… drastically wrong! She has a relatively low body temperature as it is but she was getting chills all over; was someone watching her… was something coming… then the recognition of the feeling dawned shrouding her face with a look to match death…

It was still the middle of the night so Scarlet had no idea what time it was but it made no difference. She jumped effortlessly to her feet without a second thought and sprinted as fast as she possibly could back to and trough the camp seaching frantically… she could see NO-ONE up!!

Summoning the same inner fury she had the day before Scarlet let out an equally blood curdling roar come scream that unified attacks mid battle. Everyone was abruptly awoken except for the few dwarves that had gone over the top with their alcohol indulgence, though even they stired. Everyone rushed out of their abodes half dressed holding weapons unsure of the the source though it soon became apparent as Scarlet was posed in the middle of everyone all on her own and fully dressed.

A few varied indivuals saw her and thought she was possessed! The look in her eyes was that of pure determination but in the wrong light it appeared like that of a wild beast.

Her eye’s darted amongst the quickly formed croud until her eye’s came to rest on Meltaris: the most powerful mage she had seen in the fight. With out a moment’s hesitation Scarlet ran towards him picking up a remarkable pace in a very short time span. To everyone around her (as she got closer) it was obvious that in fact the look of determination or insanity that had been observed before was either way induced by fear not rage. Everyone parted giving her a clear path through to Meltaris and Irilse who stood beside him. Scarlet locked eyes with Meltaris and pretty much held him there in a petrified state, it was as if she was looking straight into his very soul, not his physical form. Knowing what she was about to ask could induce fear in every creature present she made a swift decision to say this ONLY to Meltaris.

Stopping only inches in front of the almost frozen figure, Scarlet leaned in close to his ear and whispered, “Do you have the resources to cast banishing spells?”. Scarlet took a step back and looked into his eyes once more anxiously awaiting an answer…

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
Search tags for this page

medicine rpg10