RPG #10 - Gyin

Discussion in 'RPG#10 - Gyin' started by Nienor, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    “I have called this meeting to bring forth the important topic of the oncoming invasion.” King Damzus spoke aloud in a large tree house-like fortress high up in the forest. He, along with the other Kings of men were present, as well as their new found allies, the Animalistic Tribesmen had their chieftains.

“We cannot afford to lose any more villages to the oncoming Orga horde!” an elf cried from the back, obviously trying to sway Queen Morya, who was the Elven leader stopping the advancement of Elven troops.

“I agree.” King Fyllum added in, also trying to sway his fellow ruler. He’d agreed to join the human-beastman militia long ago, but he could not send troops into battle without the compliance of the United Elven Kingdoms.

“I cannot, and will not, send my soldiers to mindless slaughter. It’s suicide to do combat against the Orga, you all know the effect it had on the Dwarves. . . .” The Queen said rather matter-of-factly.

“The Dwarves knew what they were getting into when they chose to scout the Orga lands,” One of the centaurian chieftains commented, but was quickly interrupted by Morya.

“Yes, the dwarves knew full well what could happen, but that does not change the fact that countless warriors died meaningless deaths, does it?” She asked, like only a woman with power could.

The room fell silent, each and every ruler present was thinking hard on the Queens words. Until one, an aged Drider warrior, and chieftain of his group spoke. “The dwarves who did die, may they rest in peace, died defending their home, and unless you join our ranks, countless Elves will perish defending their homes as well. Can’t you see? The dwarves have faced many hard times, and you will be next, that is why the humans and ourselves have joined here, to ask you… will you take countless fatalities, or join our alliance she-elf?” The Drider looked blankly at the Queen, not even caring that he was blatantly disrespectful.

The lack of respect showed on the Queen’s face, a look of anger, yet understanding. “That is true. I suppose you are correct. But I will order retreat if it becomes too costly to my people.”

Martyr, who had been standing in a corner behind the large table, he clasped his hands in cheer. “Excellent! Excellent indeed!” He cheered as he uncrossed his arms. “The Elves have joined the Alliance! But there is no time to waste. He must hurry on to Dwarven Mountains! The Alliance can help the dire situation of the Dwarves, and we will.”

“Yes my friend,” Fyllum commented, “We will, but in the morning. Fore it has grown late. We will leave tomorrow after a large breakfast.”

~~~

After the men had left, Morya sat alone on her throne. Deep in thought, she recalled the news given to her by a dwarven messenger. He was bleeding from a wound to the stomach. He’d been taken directly to the Queen. The news was of Orga slaughter; supposedly his entire troop had been killed in a skirmish. He died as the last words were spoken. A tear came to her eye, ‘We are all going to die….’ She thought, before quickly purging the thought from her mind.

Written by Cyrs

2. Crys

Crys The Blood

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    **Augh! Hate to be rude but... IT'S CRYS>> Y second.. not Cyrs, but Crys, sorry, but thanks for the opportunity.**

3. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Elril walked around in Lorinea, looking for possible survivers. The battle had been a bloody one and she didn't thought she would find any. But she wouildn't let go of her hope, the one thing that kept her going.

She was not in such a good state. She had been slashed on her left upper-arm when confronting one of the orgas to save another elf maiden's life. She had failed. The maiden had been hit in the head by an orga's heavy club and she herself had been wounded. When no longer being able to fight she had sought the high branches of an ancient tree to tend her wound and scratches, she had seen the orgas continue their march.

Now she walked silently, as the elf she was, but her steps came hard because of the sorrow in her heart. So many elves had died, for nothing it seemed. There were still so many orgas left. Whenever she now came upon a dead kinsman, closing his, or her, eyes, reciting an old elvish prayer to the stars to watch for their souls, it added to the sorrow in her heart.

But it also invoke in her wrath. And wrath and sorrow are strong allies. They can make you do the most increadible things, but they may also call upon you doom. You have to be carefull and keep your head cool and your path straight. She knew she mustn't be blinded by dark emotions if she were to continue the struggle that was life. She must be strong and have faith in herself and all the spirits of the nature.

Such were the thoughts crossing the mind of Iell Vain Elril, a true elven ranger in heart and soul, when searching for survivers of her kin.

4. Crys

Crys The Blood

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    A red blur stalked through the trees, the scent of blood heavy in his thick fur. A heavy set axe rested on his shoulder, the blur moved forward, twisting through the thick foliage at a pace near trot. A deeper, nearly purple blur comes into site, back turned, thick, greasy hair half way down its long back. A deep growl begins red’s throat, and slowly becomes more dominant. The growl turns to a cry, the cry constant yelling; this then turns to one piercing note.

The other, purple, blur then turns to see what this death cry comes from; he sees red, and draws a viciously curved blade from a loop of worn leather hanging at its belt, and raises it high into the air.

Red, still screaming that petrifying note, raises his axe, and quickens his pace. Full blown running. Red has reached a speed unreachable by non-bestials, and then quickens further. His rages bubbling up with in him, he screams, a single word “Orga!” Then silence. Nothing moves. The birds long ago left their nests, the small mammals, long since hunted and eaten.

The purple blur, now obvious without his motion, has indeed an Orga. Red smiled as the corpse fell from the blade of his axe, still dripping with the deep blue the minions of dark bleed. His lips peeled back over his gums and he again screamed. This time, the word was not Orga, nor did it carry as much hatred, though hatred was present. “Yuri!” He screamed, and then repeated it. “Yuri! Where are you Yuri?” His cries echoing through the thicket that was his current battle ground.

Red dropped to his knees; tears running down his face. His mind hadn’t recovered yet, and everyone who knew red, or, more accurately Rengevar, knew it never would. The Orga had taken his meaning of life; his only sibling, and younger brother Yuri. For this, there was no vengeance, nor was there retribution, there was only punishment. Rangevar rose, and hoisted his axe upward. He brought the blade down, three times, each swiftly hitting the fallen Orga in the throat. Its head now rolled freely over the earth, now moistened with blood.

With one final thought, Rengevar picked the head up by the hair, and through it into the largest tree he could find, skull crushing from the hard wood. Again, tears still running down his face, his lips slipped back into a sneer, and under his breath, he muttered that single word. “Yuri….”

5. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    "Dead," mumbled Carambeth, as he let the head of Alvenor, a former Ranger, fall to the ground. The sadness Carambeth felt was close to numbing. He had lost over 17 Ranger's in one day. And not just any Rangers. These were the Rangers Of Lorinea, a group famed across the lands for their ruthlessness in war, and their skill with the sword and bow. Not to mention stealth, and herb-lore. He looked up to see Elril in the higher brances of a sentinel tree. Licking her wounds he thought bitterly. He had seen her take an Orga's blade to the upper arm, laying open her flesh.

Carambeth himself had only received minor wounds, and for that he was thankful. As First Ranger, it was his responsibility to take care of the entire group. And the Ranger's did not need another terrible blow to their confidence by losing their leader.

Carambeth straightened up, and stepped away from the corpse. His dark hair fell across his left eye, leaving only the dark blue of his right eye visible. He straightened his many belts, rearranging his weaponary. His longsword was still in his hand, slick with the bluish blood of the Orga. He wiped the blade down on the cloaks of the fallen, and slammed it back into its sheath. He would have to grope for spent arrows, he realized, or head back to the Ranger's Citadel to recover fresh ones. Carambeth decided both were a good idea.

As he made his way up the giant trees the Forest Elves' called home, the size of the battle became horrofyling apparent. Thousands of slain Elves and Orga littered the ground. Blood was everywhere, and the stench of death would linger for days. He found the Citadel in ruins, as he knew it would be. Though the sight of the destruction still froze his blood. The once proud archway was a crumble on the floor, and even here he sighted familiar faces, some with limbs brutally hacked off, others with arrows piercing them like pincushions. He said a silent prayer for the dead. May they find their way home.... He entered the building, and grabbed as many arrows as would fit his quiver, and then some more. Likely, Elril was empty aswell. He would see her on his way back down, he decided.

Flipping the hood of his black cloak over his head, he strode out of the Citadel, and down towards Elril. He had a duty to his company, those who had died, died valiantly. Defending the homeland. It was time to look after the living.

6. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    She saw Carambeth when he made his way towards her. She really didn't wan'r to meet anyone right now. She stood by the dead feet of an elven maiden, one who had been her friend for three centuries. It's always hard to part from friends, but harder still if you're elvish. How many good times hadn't they shared? They had many good memories together and Elril would cherish them closer still now that her dearest friend was beyond the world of the living. She crossed the arms of her fallen comrad and lay upon her a white lily, the flower which had always symbolized their friendship. "May you rest in peace, Sindë, and may the stars always be there by your side on your endless jorney." She fell a tear over her friend and then turned to meet Carambeth.

Eventhough Elril had always operated on her own and had never been a part of the ranger group, she still held Carambeth in high regards. With tears in her eyes but still looking quite strong she greeted Carambeth. "No surivers as far as I can tell. I heard a noise though, a scream. You must have heard it too. Have you found anything?" she said with her hopes low, expecting the worst.

7. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    "Do not mourn too long for the living, Elril," said Carambeth, draping an arm over her shoulder, "She has gone to the Blessed Realm. And one day, when your time is right, you will meet her again."

He looked up at her, and he sensed that she knew he was right. Elril had always been one of Carambeth's favourite Ranger's. She was skilled, friendly, and honorable. He was glad she had survived the days of battle.

"This time is for the living," he said, "though there seems to be few of them around...I found two children huddled together in their beds in the upper compartments, they seem to be alone. Noone else has been found. Though you must know....we lost a large amount of Ranger's today.."

"How many ?" she asked sternly, fearing the worst.

"17," he replied.

The shock hit her full on, the way it had hit him. 17 Rangers Of Lorinea, dead before their time. The Ranger's had never suffered such a blow. Though Lorinea had never been as tested as it was today.

"The scream..." she reminded him, "Did you hear it ?"

"Distantly," he replied, "I was helping the children into the safety of the trees. The other Ranger's will guard them while the city is being scoured. There must be some survivors out there. I need you to look for them. Take Lahren and Kyman with you."

Carambeth shouted their names, and in an instant, they were there. Both dressed in the dark greens and greys of the forest. Sweat beaded their foreheads. He knew the two brothers would have been where the fighting was thickest.

"I am naming Elril "Second Ranger," she here has the most skill among you, and has been a Ranger the longest. She will lead you on a scouring mission. You are to sweep the entire city for survivors. Starting by investigating the noise you heard. Go."

The Elves took off, racing towards the sound. Carambeth prayed they would find survivors. Any at all. Lorinea could never fall, because its people were truly apart of it. But if the Forest Elves were extinguished entirely....

He stopped the thought. Useless musings. You have work to do..

"Alenda," he called, and another of his Ranger's stepped from the rubble, and came over to him.

"Sir ?" she asked. This one was an expert with the Longbow, though it seemed her arrows were all but spent.

"Take these," he said, handing her some arrows, "and follow me. While Elril and the brothers are out looking for survivors, you and I will be scouting the perimeter. Orga could still be out there, so I want you to be ready. We do not have time to regroup, nor can we withstand another attack. If there are any Orga out there, we will eradicate them. Silently. This is what the Ranger's were made for, Alenda. Protecting the homeland."

And with that, the two Ranger's stalked silently into the Forest, dissapearing into the darkness.

8. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Happy with Carambeth's compassion but still in chock from the report of the dead rangers, Elril was glad at the task laid before her. At least she would now have something to do. She had never liked to comand troops but wasn't bad at it and the task would keep her mind away from dead Sindë's deep green eyes.

She led the two rangers towards the area the noise had come from. Cautiously and observant they went, not wanting to disturb whatever it may be. If it was friend or foe didn't matter for them beeing carefull. During thees days one can easily be blinded by sorrow and commanded by it to do unsuspected things.

They made it to a clearing and stopped behind some trees to see a red beeing sobbing quietly. At it's feet lay a quite dead orga. Elril made the conlclusion this must be more than a simple kill, that very strong emotions was playing their role. She didn't want to startle the creature, so she started wisteling like a bird. Just to see if he would react and how. If he showed to be able to control himself she and Lahren would approac it and Kyman would stay in the bushes. She singnalized her plan to them and started to wait. Again she made the sound of the bird, a little louder this time.

9. Reaper

Reaper Super Llama

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Garwin rolled over to his side, his head had a sharp pain in the back of his head. "Oiy, what's wrong with me head? It hurts! Wait a sec, where am I?" he moaned as he sat up and looked around. He was surrounded by sleeping Orca's. He sat up slowly and picked up and Orca axe, crudly made but simple to use. "Hmm, I think I should be going"he whispered under his breath as he started to run into the forest when a horn was blown. Garwin turned towards the noise and realized that an Orca was awake. "Oh on my own beard"he said as he threw the axe and broke the Orca's skull open.

The Orca let out a loud gurgle as its knees buckled and it collapsed onto its sleeping neighbour. Garwin turned to run when he saw his own axe, sitting by a tree. "yoink," he yelled as he grabbed it and broke down the tree line when he heard a yell as the other Orca's woke.

10. Crys

Crys The Blood

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Red dye dripping within drops of sweat, Rangevar continued, still smiling as if he were utterly mad. Tears running down his face, mouth curved in a twisted smile, he looked around at the sound of the whistling when he smelt it; three of them, forest elves, about 20 feet behind him. Two males, and one female, sweat hung thick on all three.

“You’re not my Yuri!” He screamed as rage filled him, eyes still wet with tears. “I only want Yuri!” He screamed as he stood, towering over the elves that were poorly hiding behind trees. He lifted his axe in one hand; the blade seemed nearly as heavy as the female, the whistler. “You haven’t seen him have you?” He nearly cried with what seemed joy. “He be a bright orn’ge, und he be thiss tall!” He said, raising his hand to his chest level. “Oh, und I ne’rly frogottin! He be a bleedin’ from de eyes!” The joy ended and he began to cry again. “Yuri!” he screamed for his fallen brother. “Yuri? Where be yoo?” He cried out in the pain that surged through his soul.

He lifted his head, devilish grin taking up half his face. “Yuri!” He yelled again, booming voice echoing through the trees. He lifted his axe above his head, and ran through the first pair of Evles, and swung hard beside the head of the third, who stood further back among some bushes. The axe stopped just short of his right temple as the skull behind it fragmented into enough pieces that it stopped. “Orga!” He yelled as he bent down to look upon his prey. “For me Yuri….” He muttered as he look down on the nearly headless Orga, who’s eyes still held onto the fear.

11. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Stunned about this ones attack and quite relived it was aimed toward an orga instead of at Kyman. Elril thought Kyman would be the most relived, and rightly so. THey all took on a more defencable stance always beeing cautious with strangers.

"Hail to you, slayer of orga, mighty with the axe and our saviour. No, unfortunatly we haven't seen Yuri." She glanzed carefully at this stranger when saying that, thinking he might change his loyalty. He didn't seem to be attacking but was far from calm. She understood this Yuri must have been very close to him. "I take it you are against the orgas." But he might as well be against us too, she thought. "As are we. Many of our kin have been slain and we all hold great sorrow in our hearts. We fully understand if you, honorable warrior, woild better be left alone and shall no longer bother you with our presence."

Elril bowed as low as she dared and started to back off from the one, motioning for her companions to do the same. Agile as they was they only backed to the first trees, then they climbed up swiftly and made their way further from the one through the top of the trees.

"We must be careful. I understand if you are shocked Kyman and I respect that. But we cannot afford to lose time when the forest is this unbalanced. We mustn't delay further. The minotaur are mentally instable, at least for now. He seems overwhelmed with emotions and we do best in not confronting him." She sighed silently. "Now let us be on with our task, there might be survivors left too find." She managed a smile to try to get her companions ona better mood. She was afraid nothing would ever heal the wounds of the loss of kin, but she would try to keep the hope up that someday they would find revenge and peace for their souls.

They continued through the treetops until they were sure they were not beeing followed. Then they continued their search. Their hopes low but still they had some.

12. Lillith Forbid

Lillith Forbid Returned Queen of Bondage

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    " HYAAHA!"

Wham!

The dead orga flew from a young woman with such force that it was a wonder it was still intacted. The woman flashed a smile and muttered something before moving over to the dead corpse of the monster. There was a nasty spatter of blood of the beauty's temple where a shallow cut ran from her ear to her temple. Blood was streaming down her face in riverets. A satisfied smirk hung on her lips as she serveyed the orga.

She had been lounging in the forest all day, collecting food and hunting when the monster had attacked her while sleeping peacefully. The woman shivered. She hated Orga. The stank of thier breath and the feel of them. Grimacing, she kicked the corpse savagely and then took a deep breath. Brushing back her black raven hair, she stood straight up and listened to the forest to see if any more orga were around.

None.

Smiling , Irilse rolled the dead orga around to a gully, where, with great effort, she pushed it into the dip and covered it with leaves. Standing back to view her work, she brushed herself off and hopped out of the gully. Looking around curiously, Irilse saw her pack thrown over a tree limb. The contents were scattered everywhere. rolling her eyes, but smiling all the same, she hastily wiped the blood off of her face and scurried off to gather the contents of her bag. Several things were broken. The locket she found was hanging off a cracked chain. She frowned and stuffed it in her bag. Maybe someone in an up-comming village could fix it. A jar full of jam and a jar full of berries were cracked and scattered. Irilse sighed and gathered what remained of the berries, putting them into a smaller leatherr sack and shoving it in the pack. Looking around for anymore loose possesions, Irilse grinned and slung that pack on her back.

" Good days work" She muttered as she found the trail she was on and continued back on it.

13. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Everywhere the rangers went they saw dead comrades. They also saw that at least ten orgas lay dead around each elf. They were happy to see that and swore that these brave warriors would be reminded for eternity. They wouldn't let them be forgotten and they promised that songs would be written to their fallen comrades honor. But as much as they wanted them to be reminded they knew that if that should work, there must be someone still alive to remember.

They continued their search with heavy hearts, neither of them talking much, except for to state the identities of the fallen, in the cases that was possible. Some of their friends had been clubed down in the head or slashed across the face and were hard to identify. they had to search the bodies for special belongings to discern their true nature. They didn't leave any elf whitout saying a prayer for their souls, placing his or hers arms crossed over the chest and the eyes closed.

As they day grew longer their sorrow grew deeper. But then they found an elf who was still alive but fairly wounded. They put down great effort to save him but did not succed and Elril got tears in her eyes when the elf took his final breaths, whispering the name of his diety.

But their hopes grew stronger when they came upon a shelter built in the forest. They found three wounded elves, one with her leg broke and they emidiatly understood why they hadn't taken flight for the trees. They helped the elves to get up in a great elm-tree, being much carefull when they hoisted up the wounded. Giving the broken band some food and two of their waterskins they took their farewell with promises to come and get them later.

"Finally some luck is with us." Elril muttered under her breath as the party took up their quest. Allthough they continued long after the night had fallen they only found five archers. But they were in a farely good state and Elril was happy to se that. Togheter they made their way back to the place where they had parted from Carambeth. Then they waited in the trees for him to return while they got themselves something to eat. It had been a long day and only nine survivers had been found, eight of them still alive. But Elril wouldn't give up her hope that there was more to be found. She would go out again when the day had dawned and she had had som rest.

14. Crys

Crys The Blood

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    A ranger, clearly after a long, merciless journey, thrust his nearly useless body through the double doors to the Moyra’s throne room. The look on her face was enough to bring the elf to his knees, and mutter “Your forgiveness my Queen…” He ended his head deeply bows down, nearly forcing his long hair to drag on the floor.

“Your request is so….” Moyra answered to the Ranger’s request. “Now speak my son, who are you, and why do you look so torn?” Her voice was soft, but the strictness of a ruler was present. Always.

The ranger, who at a second glance, truly was torn; his sword, which he still held in his right hand, was broken short, too short to do any fatal damage, save that of a well placed slash. His bowstring was snapped, and his leather quiver was soaked in a sticky blue liquid, known to others, not the Queen however, as Orga blood. After examining his quiver, it was obvious that before he had snapped his string, he’d fired many arrows, as in his large quiver, he only had three arrows left, one missing much fletching.

“My name is Aellam, and I have recently fled my home of Lorinea. The Orga my Queen, they came in the night, there are few survivors, and throughout the night, loud cries could be heard echoing though the woods. I haven’t a clue if any Rangers still live, but it is an urgency I expect the Queen shall not overlook?” He ended; head bowed again, this time lower, a pathetic grovel really.

“You say the ranger town of Lorinea has been attacked by the Orga? It is as the Drider said than… they have come over the mountains, and we are not safe after all.” The Queen turned her head to look out her southern most window. She could, in fact, seem smoke, faintly mind, but smoke nonetheless, rising out of the trees. She had earlier dismissed it as the Dwarves, burning trees for their forges, but now that she new the truth, the attack seemed all too obvious.

“Thank you Aellam. I will, of course, send the united forced of the Alliance to the aid of your city. The Military will be more than happy to oblige, as I am required to gain the force of the Elven armies.” She glanced back; Aellam seemed concerned, and obviously desperate. Moyra smiled, and then continued with “Run child! Tell the Rangers to hold for 2 hours. The Alliance will have aided by then. Go child! There will be a horse waiting in two minutes. Now go!”

As the young ranger left, clothes torn, weaponry broken, and obviously tired and injured, she knew the other Rangers of Lorinea must also be injured and out numbered. She clapped, and a servant ran to her side quickly. “Get a horse ready for the boy,” The servant smiled. “And tell the soldiers that breakfast must wait, there are more pressing issues.”

15. Reaper

Reaper Super Llama

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Garwin sprinted as far as his little legs would carry him into the forest when he started to collapse on to the ground. He rolled over just as an arrow landed where he layed just moments ago, tired, out of breath and having a strange urge for ale he readeied his axe as an Orga with a large sword ran at him. Garwin ran forward as well and cleaved the Orga in half. "Ha, nothing can beat a Dwarf!" Garwin yelled in triump when an arrow hit his chest. Garwin looked up his Dwarven Rage getting higher.

He let out a loud war cry as he charged forward at the group of Orga, he calculated about eleven Orgas, all dead soon. Three more arrows wizzed into his chest as he crashed into the Orga group swinging his axe. He swung it like a true Dwarven mad man and killed all but one. The one Orga, armed with a large axe jumped at Garwin who laughed as he chopped the Orga down by the knee caps. "Sorry, Dwarves are stronger then they are built." he said as he raised his axe and cleaved the Orga's head into two. He walked among the dead and pulled the arrows out of his leather tunic under his cloth one. He managed to scarp some small axes and an apple. The apple was half eaten so he tossed it away, but in the process picked up a dented Dwarven Helmet. Garwin looked at it then sat it on his head, 'It's a little damaged but it'll do" he said as he heard more Orga cries and started down deeper into the elven woods.

16. Lillith Forbid

Lillith Forbid Returned Queen of Bondage

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    A while later Irilse had started singing. The song was beautiful. It was harmonized perfectly with the melody. With a smile on her face, she finished the song with a bow and burst out laughing. She always joked with herself when she was alone. Grinning widely, she remembered when she first heard that song. It was by her Illustionist master. He had taught it to her. If spoken correctly, it would light a rainbow that could not be touched up in the sky for all to see. Well, her rainbow was a bit thin, but it was a rainbow none- the -less. Sighing heavily as it dissapeared, she returned to the silent clip-clop of her feet as they troad the road. Her pack strapped around one corner, she kept a firm ear for any sounds.

Screams and sounds were comming far off to her left. Her sences picked up the familiar cries. Dwarven cries? Furrowing her brow, she picked up her speed of walking until she was almost sprinting. The sounds were getting closer. The screams and grunts soon became recongnised. Orgas? Even more confuzed, Irilse frowned and plunged into the woods right next to the sounds. The sight startled her more than anything.

A dwarf was being chased and attacked by more than ten Orgas.

" Tiralk" She breathed hastily and she turned invisable to the naked eye. It was an easy trick taught to Illusionists but it made good sense if you didnt want to be seen. Following the dwarf, Irilse watched the slaying with a satisfied expression on her face.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  17. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    "Two," intoned Carambeth in the silent hand talk of the Ranger's. "Behind the beech. One bowman, one seems unarmed."

That fact, however, would be no comfort in close combat. Orga, he knew, could crush an Elf bare handed. But this was not close combat, he reflected. A hundred feet in the air, Carambeth and Alenda sat silently in the canopy, looking down on what seemed to be Orga scouts. It was obvious one had been wounded in the fighting, but by the looks of the Elven corpses around them, they had not gone down without a fight. He prayed none of his Ranger's were down there, he hoped desperatly that Elril had found the rest. He had faith in her, she would find those alive. But all the looking in the world would do no good if they were already dead.

"Draw," he said, and as one, Carambeth and Alenda drew a single arrow each, placing it lightly on their longbows, "Aim," he commanded, "I will take the bowman."

She nodded, and turned her bow slightly to aim at the other Orga.

"Loose," he said silently. The sharp twang of their bows was the only noise they made, and from canopy, not even the Orga could hear it. The died effortlessly, the only sound being the twitching leg of the bowman. Carambeth's aim had been slightly off, he had not hit the heart directly, the Orga would drown on his own blood. He pulled out another arrow to give the gift of mercy, but Alenda touched his arm. He looked up at her.

"Leave him," she said, "we have lost enough arrows today. He will be dead soon, and their is need of those arrows. You of all should know the fighting is far from over."

"You are right, Alenda. Let's head back, Elril should be back by now, and we have found no other Orga but these. We should try to gather our strength in what is left of Lorinea. Set up defenses, and patrols."

The Ranger's lept silently to the ground. Leaving no mark of their existence except the the rotting corpses of the Orga.

They arrived in the village a few hours later. He could see Elril was back, and had lost none of the Ranger's. He was thankful they did not run into trouble, they had seen enough blood spilt this day. He saw Elril was talking and eating with a group of Elves. Survivors he thought immediatly, as Elril walked over to him.

"So few," he mumbled, "Have their wounds been ten-"

She cut him off, "Ofcourse their wounds have been tended. They have also been well fed, and well rested. Don't worry."

"The survivors are not the only ones I'm worrying about. I have not seen Aellam since the attack begun...Did you find his body today ?"

"No, his body was not recovered. Perhaps he still lives ?" she asked, and Carambeth hoped she was right. "I wonder...." he said, and trailed off.

He called his Ranger's over, and announced that he and Alenda had found what seemed to be Orga scouts.

"Scouts ?" one Ranger piped up, "Don't the Orga usually just sweep straight through a village. They never hang around."

A few of the older Ranger's nodded in agreement. "I agree. I have thought about it all day. I believe the Orga may have bigger plans for Lorinea. They may plan to wipe it out entirely. That is why I believe our best chance lies in fortifying the ruins of this village, gathering the survivors, fletching arrows and fixing armour. If the Orga come again, we may not be able to hold them back. But we will bleed them dry."

"I need you all to start gathering supplies; arrows, armour, food, anything useful. We will stockpile it in the centre of town as it is the most undamaged. We will do our best to create some outer defences. Go." he said, and the Ranger's broke off in scattered directions. Highly trained and efficient, he knew he could trust the Ranger's Of Lorinea.

"Elril, with me," he said as she started to walk off, "You and I have more important matters to attend. As Second Ranger, you would sit on the High Council of the Ranger's, if any were left that is. It seems no other memebers of the Five have survived, so you and I seem to be the Council. We must decide what is necessary to preserve this town. Have you any ideas ?"

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  18. Via_Amarth

Via_Amarth Wicked Me

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    A determined look in her eyes but sorrow in her heart she followed Carambeth. She wasn't that fond of her newfound responsibility but realized it was a thing she must do. And she would do it the best way she could.

"Well the best and easiest place to defend seem to be the gathering hall in the middle of town. It is the largest building. Many elves can found shelter in there and many can therefrom attack. It has sleeping rooms were we can tend the wounded. And it's built in and around the largest tree and from the high branches we can come and go without having the orgas following us. It seems to me to be the best place. But also the place were the orgas will come first."

She sighed and thought about all of the elves slain so far and felt that more was yet to come, more pain and more death. As she thought of pain her arm begun to hurt more intense than before. It had only been a dull ace, well in Elril's way of thinking. But now it grew stronger and she had to clench her teeth hard not to wince. Damn orgas! She didn't need to be hurt right now. She didn't care much if she would die in the upcoming battle but she wanted to do some real damage to the enimyy first. She wasn't sure how well she could fight with her wounded arm. She decided she had to make some herbmixture to help the wound on it's way towards healing, but she had gone out of all her herbs when tending the others. Sweat begun to show on her face but she was determined not to give in to the pain. She wanted to continue to talk with Carambeth but found that she couldn't bare to open har mouth so she stayed quiet.

19. Crys

Crys The Blood

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Aellam rode into the city, and then dismounted a still trotting horse. "My people!" He screamed into the emptiness of the burned ruin. "The Queen sends her aid!" He yelled after a moment's silence.

As if this were a password, the rangers came out from their hiding. "Aellam? Is that you?" A fellow Ranger asked him aloud. "It is truely joyous to see you. Joyous indeed." They shook hands and set about informing First and Second Rangers of the oncoming aid.

As they walked, the Rangers who'd stayed informed Aellam of their situation, as he told them of their coming aid, who would be passing through in about an fourty-five minutes. They were not but seconds walk from the meeting hall, where tey would tell of their aid, when the rain of arrows began to thud into the earth.

As Aellam ran toward the door, so did the other Rangers. He tripped, and quickly shuffled upward to his feet once more, and ran toward the door. While on the ground, a bokin tore through his right calf, which slowwed his movement greatly. It is because of this, that he took another bodkin in the ribs, and two barbed arrowing in the back as the door slammed shut behind him. Alone in the great hall, all the others haveing already climbed to safty, he slowly limped toward the massive set of spiral stairs that wound up the tree trunk; bleeding from his wounds, and blood pooling out his mouth. The young ranger was going to die.

20. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Carambeth and Elril sat discussing matters for a long time. Her ideas were sensible, and hew knew she was right. The Gathering Hall could be heavily fortified, with the right amount of time. And the trees would make excellent sniping areas for his skilled Rangers.

Carambeth looked up from his revery and saw a slight sheen of sweat of Elril's forehead. He wondered if the wound had festered, but did not have time to voice his concerns, when a large cry emitted from the ground below.

"What's happening ?" asked Elril, already on her feet, striding towards a window. Then she saw. "Orga," she said, turning back to Carambeth, "They're attacking already !"

This is impossible, he thought, it's too soon !. But when he peered out the window he saw she was right, he saw two Ranger's dead on the floor. The hideously barbed arrows of the Orga sticking from their backs. They kill them, even as they flee...

He turned around, "Elril," he said. But the Ranger was gone. Carambeth picked up his cloak and slung it back over his shoulders. Checking his quiver, he realized he had only 6 arrows left. He checked his beautifully engraved longsword, pulling it from its sheath. It glinted in what little light broke through the ruins of the Council Hall. He ran down the stairs, and slammed the swrod into its leather sheath. He could hear Elril's footfalls further ahead. When he broke into the sunlight of Lorinea, he found Elril, a few metres away. Her slender blade was in her hands, and already two Orga lay dead at her feet. Carambeth noted that she was wielding the blade one-handed, not using the arm that had the wound. He did not have time to think about it though, as he could see Aellam, sprawled on the ground, wounded by many arrows, clawing his way across the ground. He ran over to him, "Aellam," he shouted above the roar of battle, "By Mother Gaea, what's happened ?"

"The Alliance...."he mouthed, "they....they're........coming. Coming to aid Lorin-" the words died on his lips. His soul had left his body. Carambeth bent down and closed his eyes. Aellam had been a good Ranger, and a good friend.

Suddenly, an arrow whipped past his face and thudded into the tree next to him. He turned to see a humungous Orga thundering towards him, already nocking another arrow to his bow. A guttural growl emitted from his lips as he let loose. Carambeth rolled forward, the arrow sailing harmlessly past him. And in one smooth motion, as he came back around, his longsword slid effortlessly from its sheath, and in one fluid motion cut clean through the Orga's left leg. It stumbled and fell face-first on the ground. As it tried to rise, Carambeth lept into the air and came down with crushing force. Both hands gripped tightly on his blade, he sheathed it through the Orga's heart. Black-blue blood sprayed from his wound, covering Carambeth's blade and clothes in the blood of the Orga. He pulled the blade from the corpse, and surveyed the area. Orga were fighting Ranger's everywhere, cutting them down aswell as the commoners. He only had 9 Ranger's left at last count, he hoped they survived the onslaught. He could find no sign on Elril, but he knew she could take care of herself.

He turned to see some Elves racing towards the Gathering Hall, where several Elves and a Ranger had stationed themselves in the trees above, killing any Orga who came close. He helped them through to the Hall, cutting down any Orga who got close. Arrows whizzed past him and thudded into Orga all around him. It was clear they were trying to break down the doors of the Gathering Hall.

Carambeth turned, his sword held low, and watched as four Orga came sprawling towards him.

"Come," he whispered, "let us dance."

Search tags for this page

medicine rpg10