RPG #1 - Under the Dark of Night

Discussion in 'RPG #1 - Under the Dark of Night' started by Nienor, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    As the sun rose to just past its midday zenith, Kerden came riding back frm his reconisnce to the group, He gave a quick look at a few new men who had been found camping in a small forest in their path before coming over to Gwandon.

Before he made any introduction, Kerden wne tstraight to the point "I've found him, Two days to the south of here the locals say the blessed lord Alvarel..." Gwandon spat at the ground in anger "......has build a glorious Iron fortress as his palace where he rallys his troops, more than any of the patrols we've seen, mostly of beasts though. All the towns between here and there are devoted to him, the children are taking up swords to slay fathers who went against Alvarel, everyone is ready to line up as a flesh barrier to stop us at him"

"Mind control, it must be, nothing else could do this so fast, over so many. No fool would join that tyrant without it" Gwandon was almost there, If he could stir up trouble enough and draw the armies away, Darion could strike. Gwandon trusted him enough to finish the job, but in truth he wanted to kill the elf himself, but this would do. "Maybe we should find out how hospitable they will be to us" Kerden went almost white at the suggestion of walking right back into the lions den.

Gwandon Unshiethed his sword and signaled a ride forward towards the fortress. The endrun was coming.

2. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Sipping her wine Cymri answered, "He was pleased to have the emerald back. I'm sure receiving the whole sword was a suprise to him. Do you suppose he knew where the emerald had come from originally?" Taking a large gulp of the wine she concluded, "I doubt it, or else he would have expected me to bring back the entire sword. I am talking more with him privately later this evening." Standing up, she placed her empty wine glass on the sideboard and walked towardst he door, as she left she murmured quietly, "I will see you in the morning. It will be nice to have a full night's rest for once."

After her short talk with Menecrow, Cymri went to her own chambers where a light supper was laid out in her private dining room and a maid was waiting to prepare a hot bath for her. She ate a little, then spent nearly a half hour enjoying her first hot bath in a week. Since it was yet early, she laid down for a short nap. Shortly after midnight, Cymri was awakened by one of the undermaids, she knew better than to think her own tiring woman, Moire, would be awake at this hour. The woman laid out one of Cymri's better gowns a pale blue with gold embroidery. Dressed in her appropriate clothes with her hair neatly styles, Cymri felt more like herself again.

Leaving her chambers, she made her way to Lord Aquilius's private study. Entering the room she saw him seated in a high backed chair near the fire. Sitting down across from him, Cymri smilied and helped herself to a glass of port sitting on the table in front of him.

Arching a black eyebrow he querried, "What, no curtsy for your liege?"

Leaning further back in her chair, Cymri grinned and answered, "Only in public, Cedric."

3. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Night had again fallen and Darion stood in the forest watching the camp in the distance. With his cloak wrapped around him and the hood drawn deep over his face he was all but invisible in the night. They came to realize that the recent patrols they encountered were not only scouring the area for potential threats, but recruiting men from the villages scattered along the country side. This group came from one of the larger towns in the east, what concerned Darion the most was the presence of a dark robed mage riding with them, they had apparently aquired his services at their last stop.

As Darion crept near the camp he took note of the sentries crouched among the trees, two on this side of the camp and two on the other, with nearly a hundred men inside the camp itself. Fortunately most of the force consisted of untrained peasants and farmers. Their numbers alone prevented Darions group from attacking them along the road, so he made the decision to wait for nightfall and enter the camp alone. After quelling several arguements from some of his men about entering alone, Darion convinced them that despite their success thus far, they were no where near ready to enter an enemy stronghold unnoticed, so they waited in the distance, bows ready to cover Darions retreat.

He neared the first set of sentries, they were attentive he noted, but it would not serve them well against a foe who has spent most of his life training and executing tasks such as this. Creeping around behind the two crouching men Darion pulled his dagger from it's sheath, grabbing the unsuspecting man around his mouth to prevent him from crying out Darion ran his dagger along the man's throat. A moment later he quit struggling and surrendered to death. Several yards away the other sentry met sat in silence, never suspecting the fate that had befallen his comrad. In a matter of moments he lie on the ground near his fallen comrad, an identical slash across his throat.

Darion picked his way from shadow to shadow through the camp, avoiding the few men and beasts who remained awake sitting around cook fires. Near the center of the camp stood two large tents, having watched the camp go up earlier Darion knew wich one held the mage, and he knew the man to be alone. As he came to the front corner of the tent he watched the two guards who sat huddled over a game of dice between the tents. While he was sure he could easily take both men, he doubted he could do it in complete silence, so he waited. Several minutes passed and one of the guards rose from the game and walked around behind the tent, never seeing Darion lurking in the shadows only a few feet away. The man unlaced his trousers and began to urinate on the ground. Darion moved swiftly from the shadows striking the man with a backhanded chop in the throat that left him silently gaspig for air, a second later Darions dagger plunged into his gut and he lie quietly bleeding to death on the ground.

Darion crept back around to the front of the tent with his sword in hand, he had the foresight to cake the blade with mud earlier to prevent the campfires from shining off of the steel. Much to his advantage the remaining guard sat with his back to Darion. With one swift movement Daion leapt foreward and severed the man's head from his neck.

Pulling back the tent flap Darion found the startled mage sitting at a small writing table. Darion's dagger soared across the tent plunging into the mage's eye, but not before he let out a yelp. Quickly retrieving his dagged Darion rushed out of the tent to find himself facing three wide eyed guards, standing over the headless corpse of their friend. DArion sprang into motion, killing the first man before he realized his peril. The other two managed to put up a futile defense for a moment before one was clutching his abdomen trying to keep his insides in, the other clutched a deep gash in his chest.

Darion sprinted through the camp, cutting down the occasional enemy who happened to be alert enough to realize the situation. After running several yards into the forest Darion could hear the shouts of his pursuers behind him. After running another hundred yards he heard the pleasant sound of snapping bowstrings in front of him, his men firing into those pursuing their leader into the night.

4. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Githandas returned from his scouting mission shortly after sunset. The elf had been tasked with following the movements of a small force of men traveling through the forest. He approached his commander, ready to make his report.

“What have you found, Githandas?” Asked Lord Master Traivel. Tall and lanky, his raven dark hair streaked with gray, he wore a deep blue armor made of overlapping plates of steel attached to a sturdy mail shirt, matching that of Githandas. The armor, enchanted by holy clerics, was nearly as lightweight as a leather jerkin, allowing the warriors who wore it to move freely in combat, the man’s very presence demanded respect. The Lion tattoo on his neck, that mirrored Githandas’ own Lion Tattoo, was enough to make most respectful of the man. The mark on the opposite side of his neck made him all the more prominent. A sword, wrapped with winding roses tattooed on the opposite side of Traivel’s neck marked him as a Lord Master of the Dar’Shien, the highest rank in the elite force.

Githandas straightened before his superior. “They are no more that an hours march from here, no more than three score. They don’t appear to be associated with the other patrols we have encountered . . . no looting and burning that is.”

“Darion?” Asked Traivel.

“I did not see Master Darion among them, though if he wanted to remain unseen, I doubt any of us could have found him.” The elf added with a slight smile. “They are led by a warrior, clad in white, with a regal manner about him, he has the look of an Arconian about him.” Githandas responded.

“That’s Gwandon!” Exclaimed a voice from behind Traivel. The boy, about sixteen, brought news to the Lord Master from Darion some time ago, requesting aid. Having already heard of a hostile army in the south, Traivel was quick to respond.

“Go and inform the horse that they should wait for us here.” Traivel ordered the young man. “And you stay with them.” Turning back to the elf Traivel added. “Ready your men, Master Githandas, we will go and speak to this, Gwandon.”

The elven warrior began rapidly flickering the hand talk used by the elite-fighting group to those near him; they in turn relayed the silent message through the ranks. In a matter of moments, more than forty Dar’Shien warriors were moving as silent as death through the thick forest.

Githandas crept silently into the camp, most of the men were soundly sleeping, those who were not were acting as sentries, and they were by now subdued by the elf’s companions. Githandas had is goal in sight, the apparent leader of this small group lay slumbering beneath a tree, his hand on the hilt of his sword. The elf warrior approached silently and firmly pressed his boot on the sword hand of the slumbering man. Gwandon’s eyes popped open to find the elf’s sword resting just under his chin.

Traivel approached the pair, as silent as his elven companion; he spoke in calm yet firm tones. As he glanced about the camp, his warriors now were standing silently in the shadows around the perimeter. The men in the camp were totally unaware of there presence, all but the numerous sentries who were standing silently, each with the point of a sword resting in the small of his back. “I am Lord Master Traivel, I suggest you choose your words carefully, my friend, for my questions are important.”

Here and there throughout the camp men stirred at the sound of Traivel’s deep voice. Soon most of them were awake and wide eyed looking at the ring of men in their deep blue armor surrounding their camp. “None of you will die this night, so long as you do not attack, had I wanted you dead, none of you would have woken from your slumber.” Though Traivel’s words were certainly not very reassuring to the awakening men, none drew their weapons, though they did make sure they were readily available.

Turning his attention back to Gwandon, Traivel asked. “What is your name sir?”

5. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    With an easy manner, Cedric Aquilius leaned over towards Cymri and asked, "My dear, please tell me everything that's happened since you left here."

Taking a deep draft of the wine Cymri began. She started by telling him about meeting Menecrow and Darion in Four Corners, their ride chasing her stolen horse, meeting the elf Alvarel and then Gwandon along the road. She continued with telling the tale of meeting Fallorian, the horse thief, who had by chance also bought the emerald from Michel. She detailed meeting Lord Sarat, the mysterious fire and finding out that Alvarel was a dark elf. Cymri told Lord Aquilius about the couple people who started in on the journey but left as they lost interest. She finished up by telling him the forces Darion and Gwandon were amassing to defeat Alvarel, who they thought was Cyric. Her last comment was, "I think Fallorian has been following myself and Menecrow. Most likely to retrieve his sword."

Stroking the arm of his chair, Lord Aquilius was lost in thought for a moment. Then responded with, "Cyric you say? If that's true, it is serious. But I will research more upon that later. Do you really think the sword's owner will attempt to come here, Cym?"

"I think so." she answered. "He has fought hard for that sword since I've met him. It was no easy task to keep him separated from it. Do you think his family is truly the rightful owners?"

"It is possible..... If Cyric is truly loose in the world again, anything can happen. This sword is quite magical. The emerald alone was quite valuable in my studies. If this.. Fallorian.. shows up, I will decide what to do with the sword. It might be useful in buying a new allegiance."

6. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Fallorian rode hard for several days until he finally came upon the city that Cymri must have been. Entering the gates, he was a bit nervous, although the gate guards did not take much notice over him, passing a lazy eye over him.

Deciding that it was a bit risky going back to the same Tavern as before, he wandered to the other side of town to a little Inn called the Grapewine Inn. Handing the reigns over to a stable boy, he took his small belongings and arranged for a room with the Innkeeper.

After having one or two drinks and thinking what he should do over, he set off to find out who this Lady Cymri was and where he might find her.

7. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Woken by a boot on his hand and a blade to his throat Gwandon could only lie and watch as a powerful looking man approached him, now and again the shadows revealed blue armoured warriors, but it was hard to tell how many in the darkness, but to pass the senties this must be no normal group and if they were the elf's men they would likely of murdered them all in their sleep. One thing did catch Gwandon's eye, about the mans collar was a few dark lines on his skin, It was difficult to recognise the lion tattoo from so little, but being around Darion meant he knew it quite well. Although Gwandon knew nothing of the faint signs of another tattoo on the other side.

"I am Gwandon DeMuro, Lord Master Traivel,......of the Dar'Shien?"

If this man was as dangerous as Darion, Gwandon decided to let himself be questioned rather than provoking the man. The Dar'Shien were famed for their military prowess in a host or alone, rumours said every one bore the lion tattoo symbolising a master swordsman. If they were here because of Darion then the efforts against Alvarel would not be so futile anymore. Something itched in the back of Gwandon's mind, a letter he was given from Darion, it was secured safely in his saddlebags, now if only he could get it without having his throat sliced, maybe this could go more pacively.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  8. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Traivel nodded slightly to Githandas and the elf took a step back from Gwandon, removing his sword and motioning for Gwandon to rise. Traivel made a few silent hand gestures to the elf instructing him to send for the young stable boy and have the rest of the men stand down from their aggressive posture.

Around the camp the silent message was relayed and the Dar’Shien warriors sheathed their weapons and assumed a more relaxed posture, though they kept a ready eye on their surroundings. Githandas ordered one of the other men to move out and bring the boy to the camp to identify Gwandon.

“Order the horse to advance.” The lord master instructed his elven companion, pointing toward the nearby road.

Traivel turned his attention back to Gwandon as he rose to a standing position. “So you are the estranged prince of Arconia? Tell me, Gwandon, where is Darion?”

9. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Standing up and brushing himself off, Gwandon finally had a chance to make a formal bow to a man of this much imortance, a bow was always useful if calming the mood, but this man seemed ice so Gwandon decided to comply.

"I last saw him around five days ago, he rode south with a small group of men under his charge, he was planning to make trouble for the armies amassing in this region. I headed this way to draw the attention of their leader"

10. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Githandas leaned close and spoke in low tones to Traivel. "Are we to take the word of a man we just met?"

Traivel silenced him with a curt gesture. The elf, Traivel thought, was always overly cynical. "The stable boy should be able to identify him." Traivel responded. "If we find he is not who he says we will act accordingly."

Traivel Motioned to the tree line where two figures were emerging. One of the blue armored warriors, leading a startled looking young stable boy.

11. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Cymri was nearly finished with her conversation and about to retire for the evening, when a servant came bursting into the room, "m'lady Cymri," he began, "There is a young gentleman inquiring about ye down in Four Corners. He's been asking if anybody knows ye. I found this a mite suspicious."

"I had suspected this would happen." Cymri replied to nobody in particular. Curtsying to Lord Aquilius since they were not alone anymore, she said, "If you will forgive me, my lord. I have some business to attend to. It was a pleasure speaking with you. Perhaps we will talk tomorrow at greater length."

Leaving the room she thanked the servant for his wise decision in coming to her and promised the man further rewards. If Cymri thought about it in the morning. Hurrying down to the guard towers, she sought out Brendail, the captain of the guards. Looking at the seasoned warrior she commanded, "There is a man who calls himself Fallorian down in Four Corners inquiring about me. Bring him back here and do make him comfortable in the dungeons. Hanging upside-down by his feet if possible. I will attend to him sometime tomorrow."

With those words, she dismissed Brendail, knowing full well he would complete his task competently. Returning back to her chambers, Cymri readied herself for bed. She would sleep well knowing everything would be taken care of.

12. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Fallorian spent a fair bit of time gathering information, and soon found out that the 'Lady' Cymri resided with a lord with the name of Aquilis. After making one last check where he might find Lady Cymri, he saw a man eyeing him carefully, and most certainly eavesdropping.

After he had inquired about Lady Cymri, the man scuttled off in a hurry, and headed in the direction that he was told he would find Lord Aquilis' manor. Now I'm in for it, he thought to himself. He decided that he would stay at the four corners, and sleep with one eye open. If he was caught, then the closer he was, and all the better it would be. Taking out a vial with the sleep drug, he dabbed some of it on a little dagger hidden amongst his clothes...one little snick on the skin, and whoever got cut would be sleeping a deep sleep

13. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    As the Dar'Shien warrior brough the young lad forward to where Traivel and Gwandon stood, he immediately caught sight of Gwandon and confirmed his identity to the others. Gwandon was pleased that there seemed to be a little less tension in the blue armoured warriors, even if it was infinitesimally small. The one closest, an elf, did not seem to be at any more ease than before, though what that mant eluded Gwandon.

Leaning over to the Stable boy, Gwandon whispered in his ear and after a moment the boy went off into Gwandon's tent. A few glances passed around before he emerged carrying a letter ion his hand. Taking it from the boy and Handing it to Traivel, Gwandon gave a smile.

"Darion gave me this when we parted, I assume it is meant for you"

Traivel eyes the letter for a while before opening it.

14. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Traivel broke the wax seal on the letter and read it's contents. Darion explained the events leading up to his and Gwandons parting several days ago, mentioning Alvarel and that some thought he was, in truth, Cyric. He spoke well of Gwandon, calling him an honorable man and recommending that they take Gwandons advise to heart.

Handing the note to his Elven companion Traivel turned his attention back to Gwandon. "It appears you have made a new ally this day Gwandon." Traivel directed Gwandon's gaze to the road where the column of horse men was coming into view.

Even in the dim light of the moon the shapes could be made out. Three thousand horsemen, moving in a four wide column down the road. Though the Dar'Shien are but a small force, their aid to the northern nation of Tunval and Arconia, among others earns them the use of those countries armies at times. The Tunvali Light Horse were among their favorites. The best trained war horses in the world, allowed their riders a great advantage in combat. They were able to, among other things, use their horse bows at a full charge to devastating effect. Each man, lightly armored, carried a long sword, horse bow, and multiple quivers.

"I have also ordered a platoon of infintry from your homeland to march to our aid, though they do not travel as fast as the horse." Traivel glanced around the camp at Gwandon's men, still on edge from the silent and efficient takeover of their camp. "Your men can relax, I think that our travels will lead us down the same road. Tell me, Gwandon, what plan do you have formed?"

15. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    When the sun began to rise, Cymri was awakened by her serving woman, Moire. "Get up m'lady. Brendail says ye are needed in the dungeons. There's somebody you wish to see."

Picking up head up slightly, Cymri remembered her orders the night before to have Fallorian brought to the castle. Brandail was a good soldier, she was sure Fallorian was downstairs shackled in a dungeon. Knowing nothing was urgent, Cymri rolled over and put her pillow over her head, intent on getting a little more sleep. Moire roughly pulled the blankets off of her and informed Cymri, "It's time to get up now. I have yer breakfast and gown waiting." Not wishing to argue with her obstinate serving woman, Cymri got out of bed and began to get ready for the day.

After a quick breakfast, Cymri dressed in a dark gown that wouldn't show any stains from the filthy dungeons. She didn't bother to see if Menecrow was up and about, as she was sure he would still be abed. Making her way downstairs, she stopped occasionally and greeted a few of Lord Aquilius's retainers. When she made her way down to the lowest part of the castle, she saw one of the men from Brendail's garrison waiting for her at the entrance to the dungeon. "Last cell on your right." he said before going back to staring off into space.

Striding down the dimly lit corridor she came to the last cells in the dungeon. Seeing Brendail casually standing outside of one cell, she inquired, "Did all go well last night?"

"We were successful, but not without complications." he replied. "We found the man at an inn, pretending to be asleep. But when Lars went to grab him, the ruffian stuck him with a dagger. Now, Lars is used to tricks like that. But he must have put something magical or some poison on that dagger. Lars is still sleeping. Originally, I was going to put him in a dry, comfortable cell to await ye, but not after what happened to poor Lars. We were lucky that he only tainted one weapon. The men is awaiting you in this cell, hanging upside down by his ankles, just like you requested, m'lady."

Smiling at Brendail, Cymri patted his shoulder affectionately. "After Lord Aquilius you are the best man here." She waited patiently while Brendail found the key to open Fallorian's cell door, then Cymri let herself inside. True to his word, she found Fallorian suspended upside down in the cell by his ankles. He looked road tired and slightly flushed from his uncomfortable position, but in good shape otherwise. Grinning evilly, Cymri greeted him, "Good to see you again, Fallorian. Is your stay here comfortable?" When she got no reply Cymri crossed her arms and started pacing a bit, "Was it truly a wise idea to follow me all for a sword. You would have been safer with Darion. He'd watch over you like a nursemaid, I'm sure." she taunted.

16. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Alvarel sat in his chamber, he was listening to reports from his genrals about battles and what the Enemies plan was....."Oh so that's what the little prince is up to......." Alvarel stood up and walked along his dark and black chamber...."The time of my Awakening is almost upon us......when it comes I'll give them a battle they'll never forget....you know why Saridon?" General saridon shook his head, Alvarel grunted "Offcourse you wouldn't why would you...you're my faitfull dog, I say jump and you jump...don't you?!" The general nodded.... "Good!" Alvarel smiled and continued to walk across the chamber until he reached a Balconey that looked down upon the thousands of people he had recruited, a loud horn blew and all eyes were on him.

"People....I have heard that the tyrants that destroyed your towns, your cities are marching on us now!!!..." There was a disturbance amongst the crowed many people gasped and look fearfull, "But do not threat.......your master is here and he will look after you......I swore to you when I rescued you in your time of need that justice will be done...and I tell you that Justice WILL BE DONE!!!!!!!!!........When these tyrants are gone, when these unhumane animals are all dead......we...WE will have rule over all the lands!!! We will be the master race!!! and nothing, nothing will be able to prevent you from getting what you heart desires......and all I ask in return is that you fight for me.....that you fight to the death...and do not forget what is promissed and what has passed....what say you?" The crowed let out a loud cheer, men, women and children all praised him...he was their God, their Master and they trusted him above all things...nothing could now be done to change their minds, they would lay down their lives for him and they intended to.

Alvarel smiled and signalled to his workers, who instantly dished out to all, food, drink, clothes and materials that they most desperatly needed. Alveral turned and returned to his chamber laughing...."Oh Gwandon....if you are out there....all I can say is.......Bring it!!"

17. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Hanging from the cellar door, his plan had not quite as he expected, but he still had one more drugged needle yet. Opening his eyes after Cymri had spoken he replied unpeturbed, "I see you treat your guests in some what different manner as my father did, yes?". He knew he shouldn't be speaking like so in such a disadvantageous position, but alteast it will keep the woman on some sort of alertness. Looking behind her he saw the man who brought him here. Smiling at the man, he recieved a glare in return.

Turning his attention back to Cymri, he answered he original question, "Wise? No...but needed? Yes. You have something which is mine and not yours, so what simpler plan could there be than to retrieve it?" he spoke. Making his ideas seem naive.

18. Radagast

Radagast Art House Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Menecrow slowly got out from the large bed in his guest chamber, finally feeling the need of hunger over sleep. From the light outside, it appeared as though it was already morning, and Menecrow would not waste a minute in this keep without taking advantage of it's wealth. Quickly grabbing his old grimy cloak, Menecrow strapped on his twin axes and left. There was little need for taking the crossbow, so Menecrow left it in his room loaded. A nice surprise for any cleaning lad who was a tad curious.

Making his way out into the hall, Menecrow decided to take the servant stairwell instead of the larger, more elaborate staircase that would eventually lead him to the large dome roofed hall in which he entered the previous night. Servant stairwells were quick, quiet and led to the most valuable parts of any Keep. Slowly making his way down the winding, stone chilled stairs Menecrow eventually found himself a hallway that seemed far more elaborate than his guest hall. Knowing this was a perfect choice, Menecrow made his way down the empty hall, trying odd doors. Twice he encountered other strangers, the first was a child who was on an errand and did not pay heed to him. The second a pretty serving lady who Menecrow quickly persuaded into not telling of his existance. Menecrow reflected on how easy common people could be persuaded when his eye patch came off and when he cut his hand on his axe.

Finally finding a room that was left unlocked, Menecrow quietly entered and took a look around. There was an abundance of gold and wine in this room for Menecrow to steal. Taking all of the valuables he could carry, Menecrow made his way back through the servants staircase to his room. Hiding the jewels under the bed until he could get them out of the keep, Menecrow went out again in search to try and find other unlocked doors.

19. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Cymri tsked over Fallorian's demeanor, "I thought a night hanging by your ankles would have made you more amenable. If I remember correctly, your father was not exactly courteous to us either. We were invited into his home, yet he was willing to take us prisoner at your request. With no proof that we were doing harm to you or him. You came here uninvited, but you are still alive and only slightly uncomfortable."

Glancing cooly at the man who was hanging upside down she continued, "It would have been more polite of you to send me a note asking for an audience. I might have granted it to you."

Taking a bejeweled dagger out of her belt sheeth, she idly toyed with it while thinking. Turning towards Brenail, she quietly said, "I would like for you to take this man's hautiness down a little. I will return to speak with him at noon. Do whatever you wish to make him more amenable without killing him."

The guard nodded and replied with a grin, "It will be my pleasure m'lady."

"Thank you ever so much, Brendail." she answered. As Cymri left she concluded, "Do a thorough search of him. He probably has other nasty little tricks hidden upon himself."

20. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Fallorian watched as Cymri left the cell he hung in. No sooner though the guard called Brendail approached him, twirling his dagger. He grinned at Fallorian, and Fallorian returned his smile. The man angered at the gesture and walked to the end the door, closing it. Whilst the guard did so, Fallorian performed a sit up in his position, pulling out a little needle from his boot.

The swiped at the rope that held him, and he dropped down on his back. Turning onto his stomach he saw the man aprroach him grinning. Taking his chance he threw the needle at the man's neck, where it imbedded itself. The man clasped a hand to his neck, he eyed Fallorian, and in the next instance his eyes rolled and he fell to the floor. "Good night friend" he said to the sleeping man.

Pulling himself towards the man, he took the knife from him, and cut at his bonds. Standing up, he felt a bit dizzy. All that blood movement out of his head giddied him. Maintaing his balance after a while, he took the man's sword, and belted it to his waste. Exiting the cell, he made his way down the dungeon corridor, and climbed the black set of stairs. Now all he needed was to find this Lord Aquilis, or even better, the Lady Cymri.