Romance for Harry?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by mithrandir, Oct 27, 2003.

1. mithrandir

mithrandir Gentleman Scholar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Harry faired pretty poorly in his first romantic relationship in the recent Order of the Phoenix.

What do you think? Will further books delve more in Harry's romantic life? Will he and Hermione end up together? Do you (like me) wish JKR would ditch the romance stuff entirely? Who would make a good match for the boy wizard? (Cho was NOT a good fit for so many reasons)

2. gwindor

gwindor ok i'm a n00b still

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i would guess that they will eventually end up together.
    but i would also think that hermione should have a romance in book 6 first.

3. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I think as they're getting older, Rowling with delve a little more deeply into the character's romantic lives. But Harry & Hermoine are friends. I don't see them becoming a romantic interest. I could see Hermoine becoming interesting in Ron. They seem to have a love/hate relationship going on.

4. mithrandir

mithrandir Gentleman Scholar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I'd agree with you. Ron and Hermione would make a more interesting pair.

5. Chrissy

Chrissy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've read all the books (1-5) and I've got this idea that Hermione and Ron perhaps will end up together.. Could happen..

6. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Gwindor, Hermoine has has a little romance, with Krum in book 4 & 5. Still going on as far as I know.

Maybe Rowling will introduce a new character for Harry to fall in love with. No one in the books seems right for him.

7. celebdraug

celebdraug Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If that happens i think one of them will be dead by the end of the series! they are always arguing! :argue:

a new character would be good! :) :jawa:

8. Melian

Melian New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with those who say harry and hermione can't have an romance toghether, they' re just friends, and I'm sure hermione and ron 'll end up toghether. I also think harry could have something with Ginny, couldn't he? They get on well with each other, and she's stopped being stupid with him, she's had some experiences with boys... she could be good for harry... Unless she goes out with Neville... What do you think of it?

9. Celestialy

Celestialy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    as for me I say...
    No way Ginny and Harry will end up together. First, Hermione tell Ron that she no more fancy Harry, and beside why would Harry fell in love with Ginny?
    But I agree with Hermione and Ron, that's kind for sure. and you see in the movie of Harry Potter 2, at the end. Harry Hug Hermione but then Ron and her look kind of shy and just shake hand.

10. sI0h

sI0h Master of Buckland

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I too think that Hermione and Ron will end up toghether.
    But what about Harry? Luna Lovegood perhaps?? :D

11. Nerdanel

Nerdanel [...The Wise...]

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I actually think Hermione and Ron are ALREADY together.

I got that impression for OOTP. I think maybe they're trying to keep it a secret. (For obvious reasons. They don't want to make Harry feel like a third wheel, the last thing they need is Ron's brothers making life difficult for them. Etc.)

But if they're not together now they will be soon.

I DON'T see romance in the story for Harry, though. He strikes me as someone more like Sirius.
    Too darkly troubled to make a good mate. Too touched by the evil he's seen to feel comfortable with a relationship.
    I think he might end up feeling as if he can't impose his demons on another woman and their subsequent children.

I see Harry staying alone, while the people around him marry.
    But I don't see him as being completely unhappy.

Kind of like Frodo. He never married though all his Hobbit friends did. He sort of stayed on with Sam and Rosie. He was too hurt by the evil to be truly happy again.
    I sort of see Harry moving in with Ron and Hermione later on.

Or staying alone and teaching at Hogwarts. :)

(Note: The Frodo comparison is NOT because I think LotR and HP are alike.)

12. Melian

Melian New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I quite agree with sIOh Harry might have a little adventure with Luna . Or at least they could become very good friends

13. Meg

Meg I solemnly swear...

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll be very happy if Harry and Luna end up together. They would be the perfect couple: both have a lot of similarities (A LOT), and Harry needs some fun in his life. Hermione is too serious, and Ginny... well she's just his best friend's little sister, so, I don't like that ship. Ron / Hermione and Harry / Luna would be perfect to me. And for Ginny... Neville, perhaps?

14. Celestialy

Celestialy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If Harry and Luna end up together I burn my copy of the book! :p nah just joking but the thing is, they may have a lot of similarities, but going out with luna won't bring as you said Meg "some fun in his life". I mean, Luna is kind of freak, they may become friend (personaly I don't know why) but noway they'll end up together.

15. sI0h

sI0h Master of Buckland

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We'll see! It's only one person that knows, and she won't tell us ;)

16. celebdraug

celebdraug Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MEG said:
    I'll be very happy if Harry and Luna end up together. They would be the perfect couple: both have a lot of similarities (A LOT), and Harry needs some fun in his life. Hermione is too serious, and Ginny... well she's just his best friend's little sister, so, I don't like that ship. Ron / Hermione and Harry / Luna would be perfect to me. And for Ginny... Neville, perhaps?

i agree with it all except the bit with Harry and Luna! God! the wizarding world will prolly be thinking "WHAT IS THE WORLD COMMING TO, THE POTTER LAD MARRING LOONY LUNA!" A

17. AcrobaticHippo

AcrobaticHippo Determined

In Turtleopia, training Elan's turtles :P
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Well,in Book 5 Harry does not seem to show any signs of affections towards her,he just treats her as normal....I think it will be best if Harry and Ginny paired up.Analysing the books,I think that ias what Ron wants

18. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Nah, I think Harry has a much too troubled soul to fall in love or to bind himself to someone. Remember, he is stuck to the guy who must not be named. On the other hand, Herm and Ron... Oh yes. I see them ending up together, especially after al the denial we have seen so far. For other love connections; Draco ending up with a girl near to the fabulous three... Shood be interesting (love potion in action???)