Robin Hobb

Discussion in 'General Books' started by Judeau, May 6, 2004.

1. Judeau

Judeau Synchro Ratio 87%

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone here read robin hobbs Assassins trilogy, white ship traders trilogy or the fools trilogy? if you have what are your comments on it? what did you like best or hate and what was your fav book

2. Legend

Legend Made in NZ

Land of the Long White Cloud/Aotearoa/New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I've read and own all of these remarkable books, what an incredible journey Fitz and the Fool and other characters have. My favourites would be the Assassins Trilogy as this was the start of this amazing series. Full of emotion and adventure, it catapults you into this bleak place and gives the reader a full picture in the head of all the events that take place in these superb books. Highly recommended reading, these will make you laugh, cry out at the injustice of some of the actions taken by characters, the bravery, magic that is called "beast magic", the foul deeds and downright evil scheming, triumphant deeds, these books drag you in......resistence is futile.

3. Falagar

Falagar Death

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've just finished the first book of the Farseer-triology (Assassin's Apprentice) and it was really good. :) Just started the second, seems just as good as the first.

4. Bubbaloo0705

Bubbaloo0705 Ice Dryad of Hoarfrost

The Peak of Mount Havernost, tallest mountain in a
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Robin Hobb: Queen of Modern Fantasy

The mighty Robin Hobb is undoubtedly one of Fantasy's leading ladies! Her books are in a world of their own (literally) and her style is encaptivating aswell as unique. I just wanted to hear other peoples opinions concerning this Fantasy Genius and what you thought of her previous books! I think she does not get the recognition she undeniably deserves! So, roll up and tell me: what do you love AND HATE (if that's possible) about Lady Hobb and her masterpieces!

5. Tarantio

Tarantio Naruto Fan!

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I've read The Assassains Trilogy, The Liveship Trilogy, The Tawny Man Trilogy and Shaman's Crossing..so all of them really. Fitz is an amazing character, and I like the way the story develops from him being 'Newboy' and 'The Bastard' to being an outcasted adult. The way people react and their attitudes towards him later in the books is very well written. Legend is right, they do drag you in :D The Skill and the Wit are also really good ideas, the way people react towards the Wit, but admire the Skill is well detailed and creates a great atmosphere.

I've just ordered Assassain's Quest of the internet, and I already have the first 2 assassains books, the whole liveship trilogy and Fool's Fate. Robin Hobb is one of my favorate fantasy authors, and i'd recomend these books to anyone. Once you've read one you'll want them all!

6. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I've the The Farseer Trilogy, Tawny Man Triology, and Liveship Trilogy.

The author is actualyl amazing. These books were a really good read. And I agree with you waylander. Fitz if a ****ing great character.

Before I knew the Tawny Man trilogy was out to continue from the Faresser one, I was agnry with the book and its ending for ages, because of the Fitz and Molly situation. But the Tawny Man Triology fixed everything, and my heart was actually at piece. I hate when books don't finish as you want them too.

Truly, Robin Hobb is a great author. Anyone who has not read her books, do so!!

7. Plish

Plish Soul Sailing Psychonaut

on mountain of fire, waiting for the ash to guide
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    I haven't read any yet....Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should start?

8. DolorousBob

DolorousBob New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The Farseer trilogy is really good, the first and second books being the strongest in the whole series. The third book peters off into the bland.

I didn't really like the Liveship Traders series because the characters were annoying and after reading about Fitz, I wanted more from him.

The Tawny Man was mostly mediocre, but it continues the story of Fitz and his characterisation stays strong.

It's kind of like A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin in the characterisation, except the Fitz books are all First Person.

9. imrhien

imrhien The Lady of the Sorrows

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    I love Robin Hobb, My all time favourite series was The Farseer trilogy. I was not very impressed with Sharman’s crossing, maybe the second book will improve the story but I doubt it. Unfortunately I don’t think we will hear any more about Fitz. Robin said she would not write any more after the first three, but then she wrote another three. I don’t think it will happen again. Poor Fitz

10. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Plish: Read The Farseer Trilogy, and then the Tawny Man Trilogy. Their the best one's I have read so far

11. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Read 'em all, love 'em. Unfortunately, I only have Fool's Errand and Golden Fool so far (been looking around used bookstores), and I don't have any money left, thanks to half a dozen book shopping sprees earlier in the year. :eek: I actually enjoyed Shaman's Crossing, although not to the extent of the Farseer and Tawny Man trilogies.

12. Plish

Plish Soul Sailing Psychonaut

on mountain of fire, waiting for the ash to guide
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! :D

13. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Eh Eh? No problem

14. Nynaeve

Nynaeve <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    Legend had recommended this series to me a while ago, and I love every one. I must say, The Tawny Man is my favorite, I loved reading how things all come together, and Fool's Fate is such an emotional read. I'll have Shaman's Crossing in a few days, it's waiting for me at the library. :D

15. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Lol, I'm returning SC to the library today.

16. Nynaeve

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    Well, I finished it this morning, and I loved it. It was slower moving, and the the characters were not as good as the Farseer books, but it was so well written, like all her books. I always feel like I'm standing in the books watching, not reading. I can't wait for the next one. :D

I loved Fitz though, I really hope she goes back to that series sometime. :)

17. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Yep... anyone visited her site? Very interesting. :p

18. Nynaeve

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    I've been there, pretty cool. Lots of people to take about the books with, since IRL I only know one person who's read them. I have not been there in a long time, since I finished Fool's Fate. I need to go back now, though I hate EZBoard. :D

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  19. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Lol, I've never actually visited her forum, just her official site (www.robinhobb.com). I like the way the site's laid out. :)

20. imrhien

imrhien The Lady of the Sorrows

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I like her site. It’s much improved from her last one.