Robert E Howard

Discussion in 'General Books' started by Overread, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    (blame Greybeard for this thread ;))

Ok I've been trying to get my head around it, but it seems that every website doing listings (that I've found) gives me a horrible confusing mix of stories and publications with many publications having different names and different combinations of the base stories within them - not to mention the range of different publishers publishing his works.

The result is a very confused me unable to work out what goes where or what not. So

In short I'm after a list of the various stories that Howard wrote ordered into the different world/characters he wrote about and in the order they were originally published (chronological is nice, but not essential provided that the publishing order is complete).

I just wanna get the books an read em in the right order - sounds so simple in theory ;)

2. padraigmarron

padraigmarron Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    not sure if its all books but you get a book called the complete tales of robert e howard mainly conan i think though

3. padraigmarron

padraigmarron Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. Greybeard

Greybeard Geezer

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Blame me all you want to Robert E. Howard. I first read "Shadows in Zamboula" when I was fourteen or fifteen, and more than thirty years later REH remains one of my favourite writers.

Wikipedia bibliography of REH's prose fiction.