RJ's Answers

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by Elan Morin Tedronai, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    No, no your right. This is the number 1 case for Taimendred at the moment. Still, i think Taim is a new Chosen in the making, not Demandred. Too obvious, there was a big thread at WOTMANIA about Bel'al being Taim, and alot of it makes sense, ill find a link soon.

2. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    The big proof that Taim and Demandred are not one and the same comes from the Cleansing. In Demandred's PoV he failed to recognise Damer Flinn, one of the first recruits of the Black Tower and the one famous for his Healing, one of the ones Taim would have known to be with Rand.

3. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    I like this line from the Dreadlords question referring to the Trolloc Wars. Ishy anyone?

4. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Week 13 question submitted by: "Nick," and several other people
    Hometown: Melbourne, Australia

Question:

If a wolfbrother is reborn in another Age, will he be a wolfbrother again? In other words, is being a wolfbrother a trait related to the soul? Can women be wolfbrothers?

Robert Jordan Answers:

Women certainly can be wolfbrothers, though the term would be wolfsisters. A wolfbrother or wolfsister reborn in another age would only be a wolfbrother or wolfsister again if that were possible in that Age. The ability to speak with wolves doesn't exist in every Age. In the "current" Age, it is a fairly new thing, appearing not too long ago. There are tales of it, sometimes just vague stories of people who supposedly "can talk to animals," without necessarily mentioning wolves, but remember that Elyas's ability was taken, at least by some Aes Sedai, as a sign that he was linked to the Shadow

5. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Well that explains their scarcity at least, I wonder if we'll be seeing any more? I mean if the frequency is increasing then the chances are that there'll be a couple more and Perrin'd hear about them almost immediately. You've also gotta wonder about the mechanism, is it born into them dormant and then activated when the ability becomes available? If so we should be seeing many more.

6. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if channeling works the same way, as in some Ages (like ours) there are no channelers, but if the soul is reborn than shouldn't they be able to channel in the current Age ? Perhaps the ability also lies dormant.

7. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    It's always bothered me that channelling disappeared in other Ages. It must be something to do with the Power, not the people. Channelling appears to be genetic and there's no way you could eliminate it from the population and reintroduce it later. But then who removed or blocked the Source? Also, who reconnected the Wolfbrothers? The Creator? Why? He won't interfere.

8. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Here's an e-mail Q & A attributed to RJ. I have no idea if it's real or not but here it is anyway.

9. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    New question. He's answered it before but gives much more detail this time. The Aginor/Balthamel bit is totally new information, makes you think a bit about their current roles...

10. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I liked this answer:
    It makes me think that Avl is now, or soon will be Forsaken.

11. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Two things that make me doubt it:

1. Shaidar Haran marked her. Not conclusive, he is the Hand of the DO, maybe even some sort of Avatar, but he's not the DO.

2. He says that she is marked as his creature and that none will harm her now. First, this means that other Forsaken can sense the mark; second, Forsaken CAN harm each other, competitive spirits one and all, survival of the fittest, backstabbing galore.

12. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think you are right, but I like my idea more.

13. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    New question:

14. Demandred

Demandred Forsaken

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    oo thats one of the better ones. interested to find out what moridin was up to. any thoughts anyone?

15. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't believe that Moridin could go, he had the perfect excuse, if he went those whose mind traps he possesed could not have channelled.

16. Demandred

Demandred Forsaken

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    maybe he was busy doing something else

something that will become clear in book 11

17. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    New question is up,

Question:

Is there any relationship between Foretelling and Min's viewings? Or is Foretelling a talent that only manifests in someone who can channel? Is Min's ability completely unique, or has it appeared in Ages past?

Robert Jordan Answers:

There is no relationship whatsoever between Foretelling, which manifests only in someone who can channel, and Min's viewings. There have been versions of Min's viewings in some previous ages, though not exactly the same.

Min, and the sniffers, and wolfbrothers appearing are all highly indicative, you know. New abilities, for this Age, are appearing, and that in itself indicates great changes coming. Great changes underway. Min's abilities will not remain unique; we have already seen one wolfbrother besides Perrin and Elyas, though a pitiful soul who couldn't master his gift, and there will be other sniffers. The Age is changing. The Wheel never stands still.

Its not that great I know, but I did find it interesting that Min's abilities will not remain unique, and we may have more sniffers (Hurin was cool !).

18. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    He keeps mentioning things like, abilities that have not been seen in ages past, and hinting at what that might represent. I keep thinking that it will lead to a new ending to the story, perhaps a new age (one that hasn't been recycled) I suppose either the DO breaking completely free of his prison, or being utterly destroyed would change events drastically, eh?

19. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    What strikes me about it is that all these events must be occurring for one of two reasons.
    1. The Creator is 'unlocking the power-ups' in time for TG (incredibly lame).
    2. The Seals becoming weak/broken and the DO's influence on the world increasing. Whether it's in response to his influence or he's doing it on purpose (we're gonna see loads of Darksiders with the abilities).

Every effect must have a cause.

20. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Ladies and gentleman, introducing another totally pointless question......

Question:

What parts of the series were difficult for you to write both emotionally and mentally? Have you ever turned something in for press and later realized you hated how it read?

Robert Jordan Answers:

None of it has been hard mentally, though getting inside the skins of the Forsaken and folks like Padan Fain required some effort. You have to really like your character unless that character is meant to be self-hating for some reason, which most people are not. Liking Padan Fain just isn't easy.

I've often read things later and thought I could have done better, but I always think I could do better if only I had another few months to do rewrites. Just a few more months, that's all. Deadline? Pub date? Never heard of them, sport. I've never looked at anything I wrote and hated it. Even the first things I wrote aren't too bad, really. I certainly know that I could do them better, now—I'd hope so, after all these years—but they aren't bad.