Rebirth

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by witchwolf, Sep 10, 2009.

1. witchwolf

witchwolf New Moon, Old Soul

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rebirth of a Queen

It is funny now looking back how life takes us through the twists and turns that shape us into who we are. When I think of the child I was growing up in the province of Alturia I would never have guessed that one day I would become an Assassin or that I would love the most hated of all enemies to the crown. I would not have thought that for a brief moment I would become a Queen or that my death would be so public. But there we are, as I sit in this cell awaiting the executioners blade I can only laugh at myself for thinking of the beginning at a time when I face the end.

In the dungeon below I know the screams I hear are those of my beloved, and that his fate will soon be that of my own. The axe will end both our sufferings and pain, at least in that we will be together. As he endured my screams so shall I endure his. Knowing it was soon to be over was a relief in its self, no more plotting, no more lies just ever sleep and the adventure of what awaits beyond death. Be that something or nothing at this moment I care not.

I was conscious of the pain in my body at any attempts to move, gashes oozed blood and puss, and burns festered from the lack of care. By now the screaming had now stopped. The movements of the guards could be heard as the dragged something heavy between them, the key turned in the lock of my door and the guards threw the unconscious body of the man I loved to the floor with a glint of glee and malice in their eyes, “Not long now your Majesty” the leered as the slammed home the oaken door with a bang.

With each movement drawing a gasp from my lips I moved to lay next to Kallen, his face although not what was deemed handsome, was now with out recognition of being the man he was. Tears flowed down my cheeks stinging grazes and cuts on my face as I looked into those dark brown eyes now just barely open, barely alive. A horse whisper escaping from his swollen and bleeding lips, “Hush now my love, soon we will be free.” I tried to smile but the pain was too much and a weak nod was all I could manage. “Soon” I whispered in return and together we lay not moving awaiting the dawn.

Dawn never came for either my love or me, and in the morning as the sun rose and the guards came to take us to our executions, they found not even the empty husks of our beaten and broken bodies, only bloodstains marked the edge of where we once lay. Friendship is a strange thing, some friends will stand by you till the end of time where as others will not reveal themselves till all is gone. That was the case for Handen, who would have crawled under the nearest stone rather than lift a finger to help you. In the end he granted us the mercy that only a quick and quiet death could, using his magic he called our bodies from the cell into the woods of Treylek. No living thing can survive transport by magic, though none could tell you why, some how the soul is lost when the body is in limbo. And so it was for us, as the energy raged about our corpses and dragged flesh from soiled straw our souls were yanked from our bodies in an instant no pain and no despair. We watched from a point above where our bodies had materialised as Handen covered our forms with a cloth and wept, actually wept for us, “I’m sorry,” he whispered “I hope you find peace.”

Turning to look at my beloved I saw him raise an incorporeal eyebrow at the sentiment of the man who betrayed us to the fate we had endured. I shrugged in return, who’d have thought that Handen would have a conscience and that it be burdened enough to perform such a feat. As the first rays of the sun touched the glade I felt a tug at the centre of my being, it was clear Kallen felt it to. With a smile and a brush or his insubstantial hand against my equally insubstantial arm which sent shivers through me we followed the tug into the next life our sorrows forgotten, our lives beginning a fresh but with an unspoken vow to find each other again.

Warmth filled about me as my world darkened and all memories faded, it would be near nine months before I would see the light of day again and long till I could think, talk and move about...but from the moment I could I would constantly wonder where and what I had lost and so desperately sought to find again...and why.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  2. Dragn9

Dragn9 Sorcerer Supreme

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -0
    I have to say that was really, really well written. I like the angle of the writing, it's very appealing. An interesting piece so far, looking forward to more, especially how it all lead up to this.

3. witchwolf

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thank you, it is an ending and beginning which screamed at me to write, I hope more inspiration on this is coming...it usually does ;)

4. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    Really good work!
    I love the style (although there were a few mistakes, some repetitions, some typos- and it could use more breaks, that makes it easier to read)
    But I'm intrigued! That is an awesome beginning for a story and a well written end of two very interesting characters.
    Please, let us hear more about them :D
    Keep writing ^^

5. witchwolf

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! my work is usually full of those ;) a few reworks and i find most of them...some are every elusive! I have put a couple more breaks in a found a few of the errors. Will hopefully get some more of their story up soon.