reaperminis

Discussion in 'Games Workshop' started by Overread, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Well its sort of Warhammer relaited!

Anyway anyone ever used these minis before: http://www.reapermini.com/
    I have been thinking of using some of them to customise my Wood Elf army a bit.
    Something like this; http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Dark Heaven Legends/latest/02951_G
    with a converted rider!

I have heard that they are a little smaller than GW mins and I was wondering if any here know by how much - is it really noticable - I don't want a dwarf horse ;)

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    You'll obviously have to use correct base sizes I believe depending on the type of unit, but most players in Fantasy and 40k go with the WYSIWYG rule.

3. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    very true - correct base sizes are a must for warhammer - as for WYSIWYG - well Wood Elves don't really have a winged horse - but we have a great eagle and elven steeds (not unicorns) so it can only be one of two - besides I like the model and I don't play at tournaments

4. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    WYSIWYG also really applies to normal games in the shop. You might aswell do some remodelling or get a Griffon or something instead of a unicorn -.-

5. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    I thought about that and I do like the look of a hero on a griffon for the Empire army (or brets) - the newer general model (that on my last looking had vanished off the mail order site, but is still in the pricings list :))
    However I like the look of the model and I personly think that there should not really be any problems in normal matchs - infact the only major problem would be that the model is not GW and most stores are not too much bother with that - esp as I plan to convert the rider from a WE (and HE dragonrider) models.
    I also play nids and so many of our WYSIWYG upgrades are inernal things - hence they never appear on models - I don't cheat (intentionally - though making mistakes I have done) and will show my army list and such and clearly clarify what I am using where.

6. Meteorain

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Yea but what are you going to say the Unicorn represents? A flying mount? What type? :S

7. Overread

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    well I thought of using it as a cover all representation ;)
    firstly as a normal mount for a lord - elven horse - and thus sitting on its normal (well normal once I make it) base for a horsman.
    Then also using it to represent an elf lord on a great eagle by making another base (which for a winged model is larger) into which the other model slots into.

Of course I have to make sure that the bases are going to work in this method - if not then I will probably use him to represent a normal elven horse - as I reckon this will get used more than a giant eagle with lord mount

8. The Chaos Engine

The Chaos Engine Grumpy Old Git

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I've got tons of Reaper minis in my Vampire Counts army. Their skeleton characters make great champion models. I've also got a few Call of Cthulhu ghouls in there as well. I don't spend hours painting a miniature just to let it sit on shelf.