Raymond E. Feist

Discussion in 'General Books' started by The_Khan, Dec 29, 2003.

1. The_Khan

The_Khan New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Here is the penciled and inked cover to Raymond E. Feist, The Woodboy, it has yet to be colored, but I wanted to give you all a sneek peek, enjoy :)

[​IMG]

2. lilhobbit

lilhobbit New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I like Raymone E Fiest! who else does? :) [

• Like Like x 1
  3. javelin98

javelin98 does anyone read these?

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Most of his Riftwar stuff is pretty good, but my absolute favorite is the Daughter of the Empire trilogy -- easily on my "ten favorite series" list. He creates such a colorful and deep culture in those books that it's almost as enrapturing as LOTR, in my opinion.

4. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I've read just about everything of his but the Empire series. Somehow I just wasn't so interested in the Tsurani... mebbe I'm biased because I heard it is a lot more politics than anything else...

I love the stuff I have read though. Brilliant. I have to get those two new ones still though, Talon of the Silver Hawk and that Fox one. Can't even remember it's name right now, I'm so tired.

5. javelin98

javelin98 does anyone read these?

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My wife's reading the Silver Hawk right now. You really ought to give the Empire series a try; true, there is a lot of politics in it, but it's done in a very dynamic way that has you sweating over what's going to happen with the protaganist, Mara. I'd say it's Feist's best work, but that's just me.

6. lilhobbit

lilhobbit New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the Tsurani are kinda boring...but the other books are excellent!

7. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone else read anything by Raymond E. Feist ? I think he's a great author, ive read everything except the new series (Talon Of The Silverhawk, etc) I think he deserves his own thread, hes a champion author, he creates some truly memorable characters, my favourites have gotta be Macros The Black, Milamber, Tomas, Calis and Martin Longbow.

Well, this is a discussion thread for his books, so, discuss !

8. Falagar

Falagar Death

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I read the first 20 pages or so of Magician (admittedly a Norwegian translation) and couldn't quite see what all the fuss is about. I'll try again when I've finished my exam. :)

9. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Haha, it gets alot better, its a pretty damn popular series so there must be something about it people like.

10. Legend

Legend Made in NZ

Land of the Long White Cloud/Aotearoa/New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Magician was the first fantasy book I ever read and I became hooked on them ever since. I have all of Feist's books to date, and love the world of Midkemia. Alot of the main characters are very memorable. There is alot of books in this series, and recommend them to all.

11. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    They were the first fantasy books i ever read aswell, though i accidently read Serpentwar Saga first, then after i found out there was a Riftwar Saga before that, so i went back and read that, it was like reading a prequel - watchen all my favourite characters growing up. Lol.

12. Legend

Legend Made in NZ

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Serpentwar saga rocks, following the adventures of Eric and Roo and the rest of them. Lots of adventure and action, battles, amazing writing.

13. Caranthir

Caranthir The 'not so' Dark

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Judging from a majority of the comments on this forum, I'm going to make "The Magician" my next book purchase. I'm reading some RA Salvatore at the moment but you can only ever have so much of the dragonlance type of fantasy. I'd much prefer a more in depth world and if that's what Feist provides, I'm all for it. :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  14. Legend

Legend Made in NZ

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    You've got lots of reading ahead of you Caranthir, you wont be disappointed, next stop.... Midkemia hehe. Enjoy.

15. Elan Morin Tedronai

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Caranthir, I don't at all doubt you'll enjoy Magician, its a fantastic book. Still up there with my favourites after all these years, Feist is a master story teller.

16. Legend

Legend Made in NZ

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    His latest series The Conclave of Shadows Trilogy is awesome, Ive only had time to read the first two and they were amazing, just have to finish a couple of other books first then its going to be Exiles Return's turn to be read.

17. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Hmm...I'm sure I've seen threads about this before...in my previous incarnations. Or was it TFF's previous incarnations?

Anyway, his books are greate! I loved the Riftwar Saga, and the Legends of the Riftwar series, and the Serpentwar Saga, and The King's Buccaneer, Prince of the Blood...and Talon of the Silver Hawk. Haven't got the others in the Conclave of Shadows yet...but I certainly will!

18. Evils Dark Master

Evils Dark Master He's Ba'ack...

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    What did you think of the Empire series spinn off co written with Janny Werts???? Hmm not sure I have the correct author there. Servent of the empire, Daughter of the Empire and not sure of the third book.

Personally I only read the first one and put it away although Pug was noted very breifly as a slave. Magician, Riftwar and all other to follow where truely one of the best reads I have had. I must have reread them all 3 or 4 times now.

Double thumbs up for me.

19. GOLLUMM

GOLLUMM New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The author your are referring to is Janny Wurts. I've basically read everything by both Janny Wurts and Ramymond E Feist. My favourite character is Jimmy The Hand.

The Servant books in order are:

1. Daughter Of The Empire (1987)
    2. Mistress Of The Empire (1990)
    3. Servant Of The Empire (1992)

Mr Feist is pretty good. I met him when he came to Melbourne a couple of years ago. Got the hardcover Riftwar trilogy signed by him. A prized posession!!

Don't forget to check out my top fanatsy list and answer to your other query in the thread Anyone Read These Authors?

Bye for now.
    :faceit:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  20. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Ooh baby, you missed out! Get it again and keep reading! I loved the Riftwar series, but the Empire series blew me away. THe places they went with that series, the amazing hardship, heartbreak, struggle and total dedication to a higher purpose by Mara of the Acoma blew me away. She loses so much along the way it's amazing. Definitely worth a read.

Due to a lack of spare time these days, I haven't read any other Feist apart from the Riftwar series and the Empire series. I can almost remember what it was like having spare time ;-p