Rap and Hip-Hop

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Ender-Zero, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    I like all types of music, including rap. My all time favorite rapper is definitely Tech N9ne, along with most of Strange Music (i.e. Krizz Kaliko, Kutt Calhoun, ¡MayDay!, etc.). I also like Twista, Busta Rhymes, and Eminem (older stuff more).

I also listen to this one Russian rapper by the name of Basta, I love his s@¢%. I first heard him on GTA IV, on the Russian radio station. since then I've gotten all 4 of his Basta CDs.
    from the same country, there is a rap duo called AK-47 that are pretty good.

Then there's SIDO from Germany, who I like a lot. His stuff is fun to listen to.

and there is also a Norwegian rap group called DRM Klikk who have a really cool sound.

2. Hydrae

Hydrae Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Surprised no one's mentioned him especially since I'm seeing mentions of FlyLo but, J Dilla was definitely one of the greats. Lord Quas is pretty dank too.

There's this one producer named RJD2 as well. I can't find the original text, whether it was someone's random post from the internet, a description from an online store, or something directly from RJD2 in a written or spoken interview (think it's the latter) but he mentioned his music is inspired by video games like the Ico & Zelda franchises.

I found a couple quotes from him all the same. The first is from his Reddit AMA; "zelda 1, NES. where it all started for me. best game of all time,i think." was one of his answers when asked about his 3 favorite video games. This one is from an interview when asked about naming the title of his album "The Colossus"; "It's from a video game title that I was obsessed with Shadow Of the Colossus. It just seemed to fit."

I always have RJD2 & Icebird (his other project) playing while I'm wandering the Forbidden Lands in search of colossi or hanging out in Hyrule.

3. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0
    Ender are you down with Dungeon Synth?

djrozwell.bandcamp.com/album/none-of-this-is-real

WIZARD.jpg