Ranger costumes

Discussion in 'Historical Re-enactment' started by ascadian, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ascadian

ascadian Ranger of Gondor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is any one else making or has made a ranger costume.I am making one so far I have all the clothing.Just need weapons.I have plenty of swords and stuff.Just want functional stuff.I saw a guy in one forum David S. who had some cool let me refrase that extremley cool swords that were functional.He said some jhon guy made it for him I whish I knew who he was talking about.But anyways lets see some costumes. :gbounce: ​

2. Yasmar

Yasmar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The "John" guy who made several of David S.'s weapons is John Lundemo of "Odinblades" (www.odinblades.com). He is a custom swordsmith, though, so to get something custom made will be more costly than just buying a production made functional sword. If you can afford the custom work, though, John makes fantastic stuff. I am not yet lucky enough to own any, but I plan on it someday.
    For a more entry level functional sword, try Angus Trim (www.angustrimdirect.com). When I say "entry level," I mean the price is very reasonable, but I don't mean to suggest that the quality is low. To the contrary, among sword collectors who value functionality and quality, Mr. Trim's swords are regarded as being among the best available.
    If you want something with a little more flair, but the quality of an Angus Trim blade, try Christian Fletcher's site (www.christianfletcher.com). He sells Angus Trim swords, but he also has different hilt configurations available. For some LOTR-inspired contemporary designs, take a look at his "Contemporary" section, in the "Angus Trim" section of his "Swords" page. If you browse his other sections, you'll also notice he makes beautiful scabbards and belts, so if you want the whole rigging for a Ranger costume, and can afford his work, it would make a very nice set...
    For more info on this kind of stuff (functional swords, makers, etc.), and to see more from the various makers out there like John Lundemo, etc..., browse around Sword Forum International (http://forums.swordforum.com). It is a forum where many of the swordmakers hang out, along with a bunch of us collectors (including David S., aka David Stokes). Use the "Search" function on the site and type in "Gwailas" if you want to see a few threads about David's Odinblades...
    Also, see this thread for info about other functional swordmakers to consider: http://www.thefantasyforum.com/showthread.php?t=8318

Hope this helps...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005