Quick 40K buildings idea

Discussion in 'Games Workshop' started by javelin98, Jan 9, 2004.

1. javelin98

javelin98 does anyone read these?

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I haven't tried this yet, but it seems possible. My kids have a number of little sand castle molds -- castle-shaped buckets you use at the beach to create sand castles, towers, etc. They're hard plastic and sell at Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, and other general big-box stores for about a buck each. Some are actually quite well suited to work as 40K guard towers (or for 15mm minis games), having slightly sloped sides, crenellations , and enough flat surface on top to pose a few minis. Unfortunately, they tend to be bright red, yellow, green, or blue.

Now, Home Depot has a product is used like spray paint to create a faux stone or faux granite finish (it's actually a two-part process). I'm thinking that a few of those sand castle molds covered with this faux stone and - voila - quick buildings for use in your Tallarn campaign. Since those buckets aren't in stores right now, I'll have to wait until summer to try it, but I thought I'd share the thought before it scampered out of my overfull and much-abused noggin.

2. The_phatmasster

The_phatmasster New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I never would have thought of that. Sounds like it might turn out pretty good. If you ever try take some pictures Id like to see it.

3. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good. The place I work, Lincraft, also sells sprays that have interesting effects, like crackle, grainy, marble, etc. Sounds good!

4. javelin98

javelin98 does anyone read these?

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Actually, the extension of that idea is just using the molds with some cheap plaster-of-paris to make multiple buildings, then paint them up. Guess I'll have to try it this summer.