question

Discussion in 'Wheel of Time' started by Oniw17, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Oniw17

Oniw17 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just got a copy of the tenth book in this series for free; if I were to read it before I bought the other ones, would it cause any confusion?

2. Dragon Song

Dragon Song The Soul Reaper

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I have not gotten that far yet, but from what I have read, I would say, it would be confussing trying to read that far into it without having read the previous books, there is a lot going on in the story.

3. CaPtYnCrOnIc

CaPtYnCrOnIc The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    yeah it will give away way too much. Trust me the series is too good to go into like that you need to start from the beginning. Go to barns and noble or hastings or sometimes even walmart has the paper backs for like 5 or 6 bucks. I even bought Winter's Heart the other day at Wally World hardback for 6 dollars. Alot of the hardbacks are getting cheaper too if they are the older ones. Even try ebay, got a 1st ed. hb Shannara series book for 3 bucks!

4. Wrathen

Wrathen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh my gosh! My suggestion - find the most pleasant troll in your immediate vicinity - (the smaller race - not those mountain guys.) They can be found under bridges, at the root of the nearest mountain range, or in storm drains, if you live in the city. Give them the book and a package of cookies and ask him to keep it for your until you are finished reading the other books. Seriously. I know how tempting it is having a book around for a series you are reading, but if you read it you will be so----o confused. I read them all in order and could hardly make sense of some things.

Don't do it man! Don't do it. The trolls are your only hope.