Question/theory

Discussion in 'Harry Potter' started by Wizard27, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Wizard27

Wizard27 Ol' Fartsy Said So!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Alright, I have a question about HPatDH: What happens to Harry, Hermione and Ron when everything settles down and is back to "normal?" I think that our hero trio go back to school so that they can finish their education. But the alternative I can see: Professor McGonagall hands them a diploma in exchange that they come and work at Hogwart's when needed. What are your thoughts?

2. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 2 / -0
    MORE OF THESE THREADS PLX!

As to this one, we actually do know what happened from an interview Rowling gave. Not sure which it was, it might have been one of the public appearances - or the documenary made about the final book.

Harry and Ron never finished school (having all the credentials they needed defeating Voldie) - they immediately joined the Aurors Department. Harry would move on to head this department, reforming it entirely from within.

Hermione, on the other hand, important as School always was for her, insisted on finishing. She joined the magical justice department (as predicted by Scrimgour), later heading that.

Neither of them ever made it to minister, I think though.

3. Sïalla

Sïalla New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I had the same question when I finished reading. I would've been nice if Rowling had continued the storie instead of just writting that little final chapter with their kids.

If I hadn't read your response I think I would probably guess something very similar. It more or less the most logical outcome.
    I still would've liked to read it though if Rowling had actually written it ;)

I also like the option of them going back to school. For some reason I just think that simply handing them credentials and entering the aurors department without finishing school it's too fictional (I know the wonders of fiction is that you can whatever you want, but it's just my opinion ;) )
    But i guess it would've also been strange for them going back after being "heroes" and probably being observed in awe for the rest of their year there...