question on functional lotr swords

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by Baker, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Baker

Baker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I recently became a member of the fantasy forum, and I have question I'm dying to know.
    I own the united cutlery edition of strider's ranger sword (my ultimate favorite) but it's always bugged me that it isn't fully functional. I was wondering if there is such thing as a fully functional strider sword, with the exact dimensions as the UC version, only made with high quality materials. I've searched all over the web and I can't seem to find anything what I'm looking for, any help would be much appreciated.
    thanks

2. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    As far as I know, no.

Google "lotr museum collection" and you will find Sing and Glamdring were both made in limited run (1000?) is carbon steel, full proper swords, in lovely display cases. Glamdring has always been my favourite LOTR sword.

Sting costs about USD$400 and Glamdring goes for between USD$600-$1000. So they're priced like real swords are priced too.

But as far as I know they only ever made those 2, and not any other of the LOTR swords. Which is a shame, because they'd all sell out.

3. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    there are a few hcs knockoffs of strider's sword, but they won't be the exact same dimensions, and the quality of construction is dubious.

4. ragu71900

ragu71900 ARTEMIS ENTRERI

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    :devilbat::devilbat:theres quite a few sites on ebay and theres budk but as far as functional and qualiy thats going to be a different subject but for just an ornament or a decor thing thats about all your going to find there

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thingol

Thingol New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have you seen the one from Dark sword armory? It's an exact replica, but fully functional, you can find some reviews on it in some site... pretty good if you are a fan of strider's sword.

6. Thingol

Thingol New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well, there are a few details, like the golden pieces on the quillions and the pommel, other than that it's basically the same.

Search tags for this page

functional glamdring

functional lord of the rings swords

real functional glamdring lotr sword

strider ranger sword dimensions