Question about AGOT Jon VII Chapter

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by Robb, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Robb

Robb New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys. New guy here. Really big fan of the ASOIAF series and looking for a good place to get into some discussion. I've read through the series twice now and visited some websites to get some more information and it's been a blast.

I had a question if anyone could help me out. I'm in the seventh Jon chapter of A Game of Thrones. For the record, this is my second re-read. I haven't had much money this month, so I can't buy new books, so I picked up a favorite.

Anyway, I have the Bantam paperback and I'm on page 563. Here is the summary from Tower of the Hand http://www.towerofthehand.com/books/101/053.html

So here is the quote from the page:

So I was reading this and wondering: How did Jon find out about that? I only remember the one letter about Bran waking up and I don't think he's had any Ghost dreams where he's connected to the other wolves or anything. Did I miss something? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    I am guessing here (Been a long while since that book) but this was still before the war and so times were more stable. I suspect communiction was not too erratic and a bird would have been sent. I recall that Lady was sent back to Winterfell - so a bird was probably sent from there. That and the event would have been fairly major in gossip so news would have spread about.

3. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    OR is likely right, though it's possible that it was a slip by Martin too.

Welcome to the forum BTW :).

4. Pale Ale

Pale Ale Music House Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You forget, Martin is infallible. In fact I have a hypothesis that he is god, although that has not been proven yet.

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Everyone loves a Jester !

Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -1
    I think that you have stumbled upon an error my friend.
    Well spotted, I am usually cursed with spotting these however, this one sneaked straight past my radar without even causing a minor blip to appear !!!