Pushing my e-book

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Pandadug, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Pandadug

Pandadug New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello. I am new here. I wrote a fantasy/ sci-if book about a year ago and put it on Amazon Kindle, but haven't advertised it until now. It's about an awkward young man who finds new friends and tries to defeat a bad guy who wants to kill him. Pretty standard story, huh? Now my sob story: I recently lost my job and have $6000 in medical bills, so that is why I'm asking you to buy my book. I know I'm not as bad off as many, but being in my 50's, it's hard to find a job that will pay the mortgage and every little bit helps. I think it's a good book (of course, I am biased, having wrote it) and it's just $2.00. The name is "The magic stones" by Doug Webb. It's 366 pages and took about a year to write. If you have questions about the story, just ask. Thanks!

2. Detth

Detth Wanderer

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hmm..how about you write some kind of a short introduction to the story and introduce the potential readers what it is about? You know, like on the back of most books nowadays

3. Pandadug

Pandadug New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay. Will do. The story takes place some time in the future. Mankind has evolved into several distinct races due to the presence of "magical stones". Technology has taken a back seat to this magic and sociaty now looks down on it. There's two types of this magic: red and blue; sort of the yin and yang of each other. Red is the male half and is used more than the blue. The bad guy wants to capture all of the red in order to take over the world. The "hero" of the tale is a young guy with basically no skills at all and not much liked. He's sort of a Harry Potter kind of guy. He really doesn't want to get involved in what is happening, but is forced into it since the bad guy thinks he is important. I don't want to give too much away, but I have about five or six main characters in the story and they develop as it goes along. This is my first book. I enjoyed writing it, and planned to write a sequel to it but haven't had the motivation so far. I recently lost my job after 30 years there and it's been hard on my family. I don't really feel like writing at the moment. I hope that anyone reading my book will give it a chance and read it through. It may start slow, but I think you will enjoy it. It's not a "kids" book: there are some adult themes in it, but nothing too extreme.

4. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
  5. Pandadug

Pandadug New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. Milo A. S.

Milo A. S. Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'll check it again new few days. With amazon Unlimited i don't know how to pay for a book that is offered to me for free.

Try to check your book on Amazon every day or so. I also have a book on Amazon and noticed that it is for free for way longer than i thought it would be. also i discovered that the kindle version of the book has almost 400 downloads from some other website (that doesn't give me nothing for it).

7. Pandadug

Pandadug New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is my first book, so I'm pretty clueless how to advertise it. I tried offering it to some publishing people but no one was interested. I think that it's just as good as some paper books that I've read, but I guess you just have to have the right connections or be lucky to publish.