Pulp/Urban Fantasy in the works (with a side of Comedy)

Discussion in 'The Scribe's House' started by Reverend Crow, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Reverend Crow

Reverend Crow New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello dear readers. I'm new here and would like to get a conversation going about some projects I've been working on, as well as trying to build up my presence on social media (as all us authors must tirelessly do these days).

Currently I am working on a pulp/urban fantasy novel that is being readied for beta readers, but as an aside I have just posted a fantasy comedy story on my blog that I might continued if there's any interest (Irrevenant Part 1). It will hopefully appeal to any Terry Pratchett fans out there.

Anyhow, it'd be great if I can drum up some interest in my main project. I've been working on it for a couple of years and have had some good feedback, but mostly from people who aren't fantasy fans, so if there are some serious readers out there who'd be interested in being guinea pigs, I love to hear from you.

For now, here's the pitch for the first novel in the series, Red Star Rising:

Asclepius, the City of the Shining Spires, once the home of people's long since vanished. The ancient gateways they left behind has made the Guild of Navigators and Cartographers rich and powerful, the overlords of a trading hub that spans a hundred worlds.

But not everyone is a beneficiary of such ancient mysteries.....

When Shale and Scamorza lose all their money on a smuggling scam, their desperation leads them to consider taking a “dive”, a prospector's mission through the Guild's portals to an unknown location. It's a roll of the dice for the brave and the foolish, but great riches might await them if fortune is smiling.....

Or perhaps just a quick death if their luck holds.

Meanwhile agents of differing interests are at work within the criminal fraternity of the Undervine, but just what the greater objectives might be remains unclear......

Red Star Rising is the first in a series of exciting, modern pulp fantasy novels set against a backdrop of forgotten epochs, cosmological improbabilities and strange destinies.