Problems with www.flames-n-knives.com ?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by Skulpturen, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skulpturen

Skulpturen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I mailed him several times and I still haven't got anything back!!!! :-(

2. Thorin

Thorin Avatar of Darkness

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Is there something wrong with your mail server? Maybe you have the wrong incoming mail wrong, or maybe your imbox is full? Or maybe its blocking his account?

3. Skulpturen

Skulpturen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I mailed with 2 different mail accounts/servers. Plus I also sent a PM. So it's deffinitely not a technical problem. It's easy, they just don't want to refund. :-(

4. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    somehow I highly doubt that.
    If a person of authority on UCforums got as angry as he did when I brought up what you said, I doubt he would intentionally do it.

If you want help, and are having no success with email, try posting on UCforums with the conflict of communication. I am sure it is not intentional.

http://www.ucforums.com

5. Flamesnknives

Flamesnknives New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got your PM, gimme a day or 2 to look into this and we will get back to you. Based on the information we have so far, you ordered your helm when we first started selling them, one of the problems we ecountered was shipping size; the boxes were to big to mail to some areas. As I said, give me a day or 2 to look into it for you. Since I can only get on here once in a while, please contact justindube1@cox.net (my partner Justin) if you have any further questions. Once I figure out what happened I'll let you know.

6. Skulpturen

Skulpturen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Seems UCforums is run by flamesnknives...? Sorry Jessehk you got banned there :-(

So I have to mail them again? How many times again? Are 20 mails not enough????

7. Skulpturen

Skulpturen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I mailed Justin today. How many mails do you still need? Strange...

8. Xaltar

Xaltar Faen Curunír

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Just a point, being rude solves nothing and quite often hurts you in the long run. Hang in there, I know its irritating, just keep your cool and save yourself a headache ;)

9. Skulpturen

Skulpturen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply. Well I tried not to be rude. But after 6 months it's hard to stay cool.

10. Xaltar

Xaltar Faen Curunír

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I know how you feel, I have lost money on more than one occasion.

11. Skulpturen

Skulpturen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Still no reaction...

12. GALADRIAL

GALADRIAL New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This is totally unbelievable. There is no way in this world that a credit card company will not refund or charge back a customer ESPECIALLY when you NEVER received the item!!!!! If I were you, I would want to speak to a supervisor of the credit card company or PAYPAL. Tell them point blank----YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU NEVER RECEIVED. FlamesN Knives would have to PROVE that they sent the item(s) to you.

Something doesn't sound right.......30 days? What if you should order something and it gets back-ordered......do you mean to tell me that the credit card company would start from the time you ordered the merchandise and not from the time you received it. Another question to ask is if your CC is a gold or platinum. Most credit cards give an automatic 1 year insurance. If I were you I would definitely NOT let $355 go!

Also, if Flames are selling the helmet on e-bay, they should have plenty in stock.

Do you live in the US?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  13. Skulpturen

Skulpturen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Galadrial for your nice response.
    I'm from Switzerland. I have a MASTERCARD and they really only protect up to 30 days!
    Maybe I have to change to another Credit Card company...

The EBAY protection is up to 3 months. After 3 months the auction is deleted so you cannot post feedback or claim your money back. That means PREORDER is risky if you don't know the seller.

My advice:
    Only buy IN STOCK, READY TO SHIP items.

14. Skulpturen

Skulpturen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just to let you know:

Still no reaction from FLAMESNKNIVES... :-(

15. Skulpturen

Skulpturen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, enough is enough... will take on further steps. If anyone had the same problems please send me a PM. Thank you!

16. SANCHO VII EL FUERTE

SANCHO VII EL FUERTE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi man, I'm having a similar problem with LOTR BLADES.I bought two pre-order items and 3 months later still have no answer from him.I've sent several mails, but nothing.I got them from Evil Bay, but I'll wait a little longer and then I'll issue him.

Hope none of you never suffer this, it's not only the money, but the illusion you lose...

I think I didn't break any rulez from the forum, did I? If so, I'm sorry, I don't post too much!!!

17. Skulpturen

Skulpturen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info! Good to know... Keep us updated.

18. JustinDube

JustinDube New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Skulpturen,

I replied to you several times via email. Was wondering why we haven't heard back from so I came here to look for you. Essentially this was the problem. Due to the size of the package, shipping rates are alot higher than initially expected. Emails were sent out asking people if they would like to pay the additional shipping or take a refund. According to my records, we never got a response from you so we filed your purchased into what we call our "limbo" drawer, (this is where we put orders that we aren't sure how to proceed since we have no contact with the buyer) and have been waiting since. If you ordered from the webstore, you should have gotten an order confirmation email, if you can forward it to me, I can elevate your case and get things squared away. I don't like to keep people waiting for items, and we do have a bunch left still so stock isn't an issue. Again, my email is justindube1@cox.net or justintd_d2@cox.net.

BTW, Steve is overwhelmed which is why I am responding to this, plus I am handling all LotR, Sword, and Fantasy releated stuff.

19. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Its very common for this to happen. Especially with overseas or air shipments. On many of the larger items you can assume even before it comes out that for ground it'll be UPS Oversize 1, but there is no way of knowing what the dimensional weight will be for air shipments. If you use the post office to ship sometimes the item will actually end up being too large to use them, in which case your shipping quote would be way off.

We'll send customers 1 email a week and try calling them if they provided a real phone number. If they still haven't replied after a month and if we cannot find a cheaper way to send the package we just cancel their order.

You would be suprised at how often emails get lost though, or blocked by overzealous spam filters.

20. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad everything worked out in the end. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

flames n knives