Prince Naharashi and the Tree of Wonders

Discussion in 'Greetings!' started by edwardgardner, Sep 18, 2012.

1. edwardgardner

edwardgardner New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,
    I've just signed up to this site and would like to share my blog with you all. If you like fantasy and magical realism then check out my site where I'll be posting chapters from my new novel Prince Naharashi and the Tree of Wonders. (www.treeofwonders.blogspot.com). I'll be posting something new on my blog every few days so stay tuned and let me know what you think :) Here's how it begins.

The story is called The Fable of the Leopard and the Swan. I have no idea where it originated or who made it up, or even what sort of story it is. What genre I mean. But I heard it back when I was much younger and I've never been able to shake myself free of it. I've also never been able to retell it the same way twice. It grows in the telling, if you've heard the saying before. Sometimes I think I might start retelling it one day and it might actually swell up too big to retell. It might go on and on forever. Maybe this will be that retelling. Or maybe, after you hear it, you'll try retelling it to somebody and wind up caught in that infinite retelling. Are you willing to take the risk? For me, I am already caught and cannot escape.

2. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    We don't usually like to have people sign up here to advertise their work or blogs...but..stay here with us,spend some time and give us the chance to know you better.