President Bush

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Harrison, Jan 27, 2004.

1. matrix9217

matrix9217 King of the Mark

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think bush has been doing a great job, and that most of his opposition is just because the leaders of the Democratic Party are pissed about being out of power. If you look at statements that they made about saddam, amoung other things, while Clinton was in power, you will see that they have turned around 180 degrees since then. Many also seem to change their opinions on things from day to day. The only complaint that I do have about Bush is his illegal alien policy, and I dont understand why he thinks it is a good idea, but hey, nobodys perfect. In closing, I think that Bush has been a great president, and hope that he gets elected for another term. I know that many disagree with me, but thats what makes this country great.

2. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    My opinion on "W" :

I think he's a freakin' moron. Over and over I ask myself, how in the world is he the best candidate we had for president! I would not trust the man to drive me around in a Taxi, much less run the country. Maybe he sniffed too much glue as a child . . . or an adult.

3. matrix9217

matrix9217 King of the Mark

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, at least he can maintain his composure while making a speech, "yeeeeaaaaaah". Think about it.

4. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Again I ask, why do you think this?

5. Arijah

Arijah The Firstborn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And Gore was better?

Thanks to President Bush, our education will improve over the course of time and avoid the devastating shortfall in funds that was eventually coming as a result of Clinton's reducing the budget plan.

Thanks to President Bush, we still have a military. Democrats want to downsize our military, which in light of recent events would mean...they want to downsize security personnel availability, take away the jobs of our law enforcement, and prohibit the advancement of weapon technology so that our enemies who are trying to develop nukes can get away with it. It was one thing to face Russia in the Cold War, when all we worried about was each other, but it's another thing to worry about N. Korea, Iran, Iraq etc...who do not hold the same accountability to their weapons.

Thanks to President Bush, he actually put money towards programs, initiatives that would benefit our country's ability to help senior citizens, extend the life of social security...money that by no means would have been spent by Democrats who knew that such things would be sacrificing another raise in pay percentage the following fiscal year.

Thanks to President Bush, the people actually have a President who himself is a person. Not a self-proclaimed war hero who tries to use his military experience to gain confidence, and not a Democrat who promises change in the government but instead follows a strictly liberal agenda that would seek to optimize government wealth by raising taxes and decreasing Medicare benefit options...put a Democrat in office and your taxes will increase, and new taxes will be created...guaranteed.

Once again...every complaint so far has been regurgitated nightly news from a liberal media trying to degrade a conservative President.

6. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    He's not...but when you have as much money as he does...:rolleyes: ugh..must be hard to be sympathetic to the horrible economy when it doesn't affect you!

7. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Are you suggesting that it doesn't effect me?

8. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    No silly..Bush :p

9. mormegil

mormegil Art House Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    man it drives me crazy, some of you say you hate him, but dont support yourself, why do you hate him? someone told you to? someone told you he is after oil, that hes out to kill people. people just need to look up some facts before saying something as strong as hate. Someone mentioned it earlier and i agree, i dont like what he is doing with illegal imigration, but what about national defense? no democrat would be near as strong on it as he is, and in my book thats the most important issue. the whole after oil thing is ludacris. why arent we over there now taking the oil as apposed to repairing not only the wells but there infastructure, schools, government, etc... i will tell you one thing that we are after over there, and thats an ali in the middle east. i get a little steamed up about the whole issue because i hate the fact that its all political posturing as apposed to our national security.

10. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I don't think I said that I hate him. He may be a very nice person. However, he is still an idiot. Without the people in his cabinet I don't think that he would have been able to pull off the few successes he has had.

C'mon, this guy can't pronounce 1/2 of the words in a speech that someone else prepared for him. It's pretty bad when all Jay Leno has to do to get a laugh in his monolog is show a clip of a Bush speech. :rolleyes:

I think that a large number of the people who support Bush do so regardless of how stupid he is. It makes no sense. No matter how many stupid things the guy says and does people stand behind him . . . why? Because he's a republican, or because they didn't like Clinton. In my conversations with people I've yet to hear anyone list more than one reason (legitimate reason) why they voted for the man, after they get their 1 reason out it turns into why Clinton was so bad, or how stiff Gore was. Please.

11. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    ok, I feel better now. :D

12. mormegil

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well not liking a president because he isnt the greatest at giving speeches is a silly reason when you should be judging on actions (and your right that a lot of it has to do with his cabinet, but who appointed that cabinet). plus basing a vote on how many jokes jay leno pokes at someone is another poor way to base your vote otherwise you would never be able to vote on anyone. i feel good about the fact that my president has no other serious flaws other then some of his speeches to be made fun of unlike previous presidents. and as far as clinton goes i dont hate the guy. he did well for our economy, but i dont like the character flaws in him just judging from my personal beliefs and morals.

13. mormegil

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and as for three reasons why iam voting for him this year plus one,
    1. his stance on national defense
    2. the economy has turned around and doing well
    3. his belief system, morals, and fortitude
    4. his environemental stance (conservationist within reason, we still need to use our resources but he understands minimizing impact)

now i know that sounds like i worship the guy and a lot of people are going to have problems particulary with #3 and #4, but in fareness heres 3 reasons i dislike what hes done

1. policy on imigration
    2. his spending
    3. the perscription medication bill

if a democrat was in office there would still be the three dislikes but minus the 4 likes.
    the environment is actually a big issue for me. i beleive in saving it but using it and it seems like all of these environmental groups are all about shutting it down to everyone. groups such as the ones al gore is involved in.

sorry for ranting and raving about my political beleifs but theres my 3 reasons for voting for him and i would like to hear 3 reasons not to other then jay leno makes fun of him.

14. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    See what I mean, you lump Democrats together without looking at individual qualities.

1. I'll agree, I think that in a time like this we need a strong military. I don't agree, however, that it would be unachievable with a democrat, that's just silly. Kinda like saying everyone from Kentuky drinks moonshine. It just ain't so.

2. If you think that Bush has been good for the economy you're foolin' yourself. The longest and most rapid period of economic prosperity in the history of this country were the 8 years that Clinton was in office. Ironically, the most dramatic economic plummit since the depression was the first couple of years that Bush was in office. Now the President is not solely and directly responsible for this, but what a charming coinsidence. Not to mention that the guy has driven us back into a huge National Deficit.

3. Hmm, seems like I read that while he was in Texas they executed an obscene amount of people. I also read that something like 40% of them were found to be innocent afterwards. Now there's a strong set of values for ya. ;)

4. OK show me what he's done beside alot of talk on this issue. He's into Oil up to his elbows, yea, he's gonna cut that one back.

BTW, Jay Leno making fun of him is not the reason I wouldn't vote for him, I wouldn't vote for him 'cuz I doubt he can spell the word vote. The fact that Jay doesn't have to say a word to get a laugh out of it, is just very amusing.

15. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    The man is not stupid and I'm sure he can spell the word vote. He graduated from Yale and from Harvard business school. You have to be smart to do that.

What Bush has done is great for the economy. What could be better than tax cuts? And the economic bubble during Clinton's years were because of the Reagan and Bush 41 tax cuts. Duh. Really, read some economic reports.

We were never really out of a national deficit. I agree that it shouldn't be so big, but Democrats like Ted Kennedy, John Edwards, John Kerry, Howard Dean, etc, have all proposed plans that will increase it just as much.

He hasn't done much on the environment, that's true, but he's not able to move anything through Congress yet.

As far as his speeches go, I don't give a darn that he pronounces "nuclear" wrong. His tone and expression are always sincere and honest. Seriously, did you watch the State of the Union speech, and the cpeech before the Congress on September 21, 2001?

16. Arijah

Arijah The Firstborn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to Clinton's reduced budget during his 8 years, and the short-term greatness and all that, in economics, when the going gets good, the going will eventually go bad...and then go good again. That's how economics work. Fortunately, Bush had the right idea when he initiated tax cuts, because he knew that over time, the more money people had, the more they would spend which would then begin to lift the economy and fortunately we avoided the stock market crash of 2000, which was feared would happen due to where the economy was headed as the end result of Clinton's great short-term economy.

Unfortunately, this takes time and we are now beginning to see the fruit of Bush's tax cuts and the turn-around of our economy as of recent days. Let's not forget 9/11 and the affect it had on the world market...you can't blame Bush for that, but you can thank him that we are getting out of it.

About our National Debt...it's money we owe to ourselves that will always be there regardless of who's president.

17. mormegil

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    despite the death penalty being a very touchy subject i am for it, so his stance on the death penalty isnt immoral in my perspective. and as far as 40% of them being innocent is a bunch of crap. that would mean that 40% of individuals in prison are innocent since they are all judged in the same courts. you honestly believe that 40% of murders and theives are innocent? if that was the case our legal system would not last long. i would have to say probably 99.9% are justly in prison. now sorry to knock your sources but a paper or reporter saying 40% of executionees are innocent is propaganda in an effort to 1- discredit bush, 2- eliminate the death penalty.

18. Glorfy_of_Imladris

Glorfy_of_Imladris Mysterious Glorfy

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ah well... everyone has his own opinion, no? And not that a hit below the belt can do much damage to him

Erm... one moment please... **rubs eyes, bangs head against the wall ;)** Yep and that's why everything gets less money, except... DEFENCE!

Actually, I do. Much economical, historical, political etc books, encyclopedia's, magazines, etc. Not everyone does, hm?...

19. pinkflyingwalruses

pinkflyingwalruses Beatnik

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I don't like him that much because of how he is handling things over in Iraq, war, etc. I think he looks like an old teddy bear because of his beady little eyes and ears lol.

20. Justice

Justice New Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Ha ha ha, well, Glorfy, if you did do a lot of research and stuff like you claim in the post, you'd know calling someone a murderer IS NOT an opinion. It has to be either fact or fallacy. And if Bush is a murderer, what about all the other wars the US has been involved in? Over 900,000 of our boys were killed in WWII. Does that make FDR a maniacal mass murderer??