President Bush

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Harrison, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Harrison

Harrison The Best Beatle

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What are your opinions on President Bush? I like him, he is reducing major threats to the free world, the economy as a whole is better, and he does what he says he will.

2. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I can't stand him :p

3. Kinslayer

Kinslayer Warrior of Rohan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hes the best president since Reagan!!! If it weren't for him you can be assured we would have had more attacks on us here on our soil!!!!! Lobbing a couple cruise missles as a point resolves nothing!!!!!! Not one Democrat running for Pres. is for the war but not one can tell you what they would do or should be done!!!!! I promise you if we have a new Liberal Pres in 2004 be ready for more terrorism!!! every group of terrorists knows the Democrats will do NOTHING to stop them except threaten them
    with sanctions over and over again!!!!
    Not to mention he freed the Iraquis from Tranny on par with Hitler and Mousalinni!!! For helping get rid of them us and our Pres. were HEROS! Now because of liberals and the for the most part castrated male race in this country were the tyrants for doing the same thing!!!!!! Excellent Job Mr. Bush!!!!!!
    Arwen please tell us why you can't stand him???????

4. dwarf tosser

dwarf tosser "What the Deuce?"

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    * dt cleans off the spit from his ear

-dt

5. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    take a deep breath KS. LOL

I don't like any of Bush's decisions..I didn't like his father either. Actually I know very few people who like him at all. Notice how all the problems with Saddam existed only during both Bush terms? Anyhow I'm not getting into this..its JMO

6. Kinslayer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No this problem with Saddam was always there just the 2 Bushes chose not to mess around with internes while ignoreing the problem!!!!! Clinton even could have had Bin Ladden and was to busy to take him in to custody. To busy staining monicas dress i guess

7. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    No no the problem did exist during the Clinton term also. I'd like to refer you to a 1998 speech he made that sounded very much like what President Bush has been saying.

That said, you can probably tell that I am for Bush. He's done a great job on the national security side although I have to say I was a tad disappointed about the education bill he signed, and campaign finance reform, but other than that thumbs up.

8. Harrison

Harrison The Best Beatle

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I like him and support him, but he's fun to make fun of, as seen on SNL.

9. Arijah

Arijah The Firstborn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Definitely the best since Reagan...

The Saddam problem has existed ever since Bush Sr. decided against a regime change during the first Gulf War, and instead imposed sanctions and war reparations, and weapons inspectors to oversee the destruction of the WMD...

Concerning the economy....little known fact....Clinton is the one who screwed us over. It was predicted one year before his term ended, that our economy was headed toward decline during the next President's term as a result of the steps he took for a reasonably good economy during his term. President Bush actually put into action an economic plan that would require time and patience before it would blossom into something good...ie: New York City under Rudolph Guilani. Rudy used the same economic principle, just on a smaller scale, and it took a little over a year of controversy and hardship until the plan finally enabled NYC to enjoy the benefits, and also fortunately the ability to withstand the 9/11 attacks.

I wish I could give more detailed explanations, but basically Bush is doing for the economy exactly what a fast-food society hates. Something that takes time, and produces a better, more satisfying product. Most of the outspoken Democrats are big talker, little doer. If there was a good Democrat that was running for President who didn't want to raise taxes, who would serve better than Republican, than heck I'd vote for him...but right now Republican seems to be the way to go, if we are going to at least attempt to save the honor of this nation.

Concerning the war...

Saddam needed to go. Period. His trustworthiness as a leader was non-existent. His defiance of weapons inspectors, and purposely detaining weapons inspectors immediately prior to their search areas only raised suspicion and exacerbated an already tense situation concerning whether or not he had WMD. If anything, Saddam led us to believe that he did by the above mentioned actions. Saddam brought the war upon himself, and in short, forced the hand of Bush Jr.

10. Kinslayer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You are almost completely right! We did'nt go to Bagdad with Sr. because we went in under that huge waste of money and effort the UN. SR. and his generals wanted to go to Bagdad but the UN mandate only called for getting Saddam out of Kuwait not for a regime change in Iraq.

I do agree It doesn't matter if there were WMD's or not! he needed to go! He even went as far as bragging to the UN that he had more chem. weapons then any other country!! and with Clinton we just ignored it!

11. byzantine warrior

byzantine warrior Autokratos Konstantinou

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    KS is right in saying saddam had to go he was killing people on a daily basis i mean did you see the torture chambers they found? but almost everyone in other countries hate busch no not hate LOATH is better a word and i do not know why

12. mormegil

mormegil Art House Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i think your a fool if you think sadam didnt have WMD. afterall every body involved at one one point admited he had them from the US to the UN. its just a question of where did he hide them. I really like bush but there have been a few issues of late that kind of bug me like the legalization of illegal aliens. I get what he is trying to do with it, but i dont see it working the way it is supposed to.

13. mormegil

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ya BW people hate him just to hate him. I mean no offense to Arwen, but she just hates him and couldnt give any legitimate reasons. theres a talk show i listen to and they go out and interview people on the street. many people say they hate bush but then when they were asked who the VP is they dont even know that. i think that the hate that is out there for him is from ignorance and propaganda.

14. byzantine warrior

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    thats probably true mormegil also i heard in the american news that the democrats are speading rumeours is this true?

15. Harrison

Harrison The Best Beatle

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it's true. Yes, I agree, WMD's or not, he had to go, Hitler didn't have nuclear bombs but he had to go, why should Sadaam be an exception?

16. byzantine warrior

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    because people thnk that saddam didint do anything wrong they dont take the time to see what saddam really has done to his people also hitler made war on us and folks knew bout that

17. Harrison

Harrison The Best Beatle

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes, true true, but it was more a retorical question.

18. byzantine warrior

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    oh sorry bout that my dad was in WW2 fought in greece against mussolini

19. mormegil

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ya people think war is wrong and that people die. well thats right except when you actually save lives through war. Ya the democrats are really after bush. it is pretty bad, they conterdict each other and even themselves just to pander to certain voting populuses. i think that it is hold over from what the republicans did to clinton and they are trying to "get even" but luckily Bush doesnt have the skeletons clinton has.

20. byzantine warrior

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    too bad for busch hes just trying to do his job you know