Premarital sexual relations

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Tinuviel, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Jendra

Jendra Jendra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well, yes, he does kiss me on the cheek and forehead (and I do the same to him) but we both have this idea that the first kiss (on the lips) coming on our wedding day would be especially beautiful.

2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    sounds really romantic, but I couldn't possibly do it...wait that long...unfortunatly...

3. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't want my first kiss to be in front of a crowd of people (including my parents *twitch*), who all know it's my first kiss. Plus, you can't really have a proper kiss at the altar (parents *twitch*), just a peck on the lips. In short I couldn't do it, and wouldn't want to anyway. Doesn't sound romantic to me. But hey, to each her own. :)

Tin, I loved your analogy :p lol

4. Jendra

Jendra Jendra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    *shrug* Indeed, to each her own. I just think of it as a way of saying to him, "Hey buddy, these lips are yours." :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  5. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Just not for a while yet, huh? :p

6. Jendra

Jendra Jendra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Nope, not for a while...I want to get out of college before I get married.

7. ~Elladan~

~Elladan~ A Elbereth Gilthoniel

Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -0
    ^ Well I'm totally amazed by the whole kissing conversation above. I can understand why some want to save sex for marriage, but no 'proper' kissing, that's a whole new level of abstinence :halo:

I admire you for your will-power if nothing else :D

8. Jendra

Jendra Jendra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well, quite honestly, it was his idea first. Not really a standard (although I know how we both are so it might be harder for us if we start kissing), but he did say he had this romantic idea of not kissing on the lips until his wedding day. I thought that was pretty sweet, too...so I kinda followed along...and I don't mind really. :)

I really am not trying to be a total nun...it's just my thing. :D

9. Phoenixfire

Phoenixfire New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In The olden days it was considered a sin and horrible to have sex before you were married but in those days people got married at like 16 and 18 years old which is when people start haveing sex today. These days some people don't even think of getting married until their early thirties so premarital sex should not be considered wrong

10. Master Wrath

Master Wrath Writer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I really can't understand how people can want to 'save themselves.' Is it because they are insecure? I don't know. I'm not religous, though I have been to Churches and know a fair amount about Christianity etc.... I still can't get it. I really don't want to get into this whole argument, but whatever :p
    Ok everyone this may not be completely on topic (or is it?) but if you had a world with no STD's, and you could know 100% before you had sex you couldn't concieve, do you think people would be walking around everyone just having sex? Probably not, unless you were a gay male (not to sound like I'm discriminating or whatever, but since guys have an animal urge to have sex, gay guys could be having it all the time without many females need for all the other stuff). Women usually want more in a relationship than just sex, and many guys as well. If women had such an urge to have sex as us guys, I don't think anything would get done in the world, so that's probably a good thing.
    Anyways I really have no idea where I was going with that, or this, but I thought I was until I got here... and than I just wrote this... well, continue your debating!

11. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, I don't expect other people to understand my convictions especially if they don't hold convictions about God or his word, but I will explain anyways.

In God's word, he designed sex to be a good thing. Sure there is the reproduction of children aspect, but God didn't need to make it pleasurable for that to happen. God made it to be a special bonding experience between husband and wife so that they can grow closer and so as to reflect Christ and the Church. It was not made for unmarried lovers, prostitutes, dating couples, or anyone else. Now many of you wonder why not people who plan to get married or are engaged? Many of you are thinking "Sure, I can understand why rape is wrong because it's not between two consenting adults, but what if both want to give themselves?" Well, here is the crazy part. God says that we do not own our bodies. 1Cor. 6:19-20 says "Or pdo you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." You may not agree, but there you have it.

12. Jendra

Jendra Jendra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    An excellent way to put it, Anduril. Marriage is the ultimate human gift. The reason divorce rates get so high is, I think, because of selfishness, the "what can I get out of it" attitude.

13. ero_senin

ero_senin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven't read the bible so can someone quote any and all parts about sex of any nature?

14. ~Elladan~

Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -0
    Using the 'my body is a temple' analogy ~ it would seem to me that I've been demoted to a mere lodger in my body, which has been provided by God. If God is the owner shouldn't he be responsible for the upkeep of the 'temple' and not have let it go to ruin as it is at the moment :eek: :D ... taking it further and more topic specific if the 'lodger' desires sexual relations doesn't that make God (as the 'temple' owner) a bit of a brothel 'madam' :D

*Put hands up to question 'who's an atheist'?*

15. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    great analogy

*raises hand* ;)

16. Jendra

Jendra Jendra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Um...no.

In the Bible, when you see the phrase "and so and so KNEW" someone, that refers to sex within marriage.

17. ~Elladan~

Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -0
    ^ ... but I think the Bible is a (boring) piece of fiction so that doesn't really concern me :D

(I don't want to be a temple, I want to be a pagan shrine ;))

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  18. HumanInfiltrator

HumanInfiltrator The Book club lady

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Always remember that the Bible was written within a specific time and cultural frame work. Different cultures have different views on sex that is just a matter of fact. Also back in the day there was no "protection" no way too make sure that you didn't get disseases or babies you couldn't care for.

19. Jendra

Jendra Jendra

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well, now that there is protection, I still love the romantic idea of saving myself for my husband.

You have fun being a pagan shrine, Elladan.

20. ~Elladan~

Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -0
    ^ I aim too :D