Possible Boba Fett Movie

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Cascador, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Joe Johnston, director of films such as The Rocketeer, Jurassic Park III and Captain America: The First Avenger is talking about a Boba Fett spin-off on the big screen. Johnston started out making props for the Empire Strikes Back, like the Imperial Walkers and even the Boba Fett costume itself, which is why he has such an interest probably in this project. The only question that remains is if Lucas agrees. Personally I hope he doesn't, though at first thought I think he won't because he said no more Star Wars movies would be made, but this isn't exactly the same, this is a spin-off which would be more on par concerning canon, with projects such as the games, possibly maybe the The Clone Wars animated series.

2. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Myeah, I love Star Wars but even I'm thinking enough already! lol I really hope this just stays in the fantasies of old Joe Johnston

3. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Although I'm usually pretty sceptical when it comes to spin-offs (or sequels or prequels :D) this really sounds like an interesting idea. I just hope that if a Boba Fett film is really made they won't screw it up. That would be a shame. A film about Boba Fett turning out to be trashy or plain bad would be a severe sacrilege! :D

4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I doubt Lucas would go forward with it. He said there would be no more movies. But if it's a friend's request then he might agree. It depends on the script. If he sees its good and good enough to make it into a film then he'll agree. But he'll only be executive producer. I don't think he would write it. For a project like this he would leave it in the hands of another, just like the games and the animated show, even though he has had his share of influence on the show, which makes it worth to watch imo. This... It depends... If my faith in Joe Johnston was bigger. If Spielberg was interested in making it I would be all for it. And I think we can count John Williams out, which is a pity.

5. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Boba Fett was one of my super-favorite characters in Star Wars,but since the day where I saw his origins in 2nd movie of the first trilogy and...the fact that the clones were made by his ...well "father"...and also saw that he was that darn ugly...well screw it.

I never wanted to know how Boba Fett looks like.I pictured him as a handsome,strong non-cloned human

6. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I don't think he's ugly. And hey, he's a warrior, there's no need for him to be handsome! :D

7. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    lol my thoughts exactly. A friend of mine was bothered at how he was meant to look, but that's cause she fancied Boba Fett from the originals lol I still think he's cool, regardless of looks.

8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Handsome? That's actually something they complain about with the new Conan, (Jason Momoa). He's too good looking to play a Barbarian, a warrior. Personally I can see what they're coming from, but you got to attract the audience a bit, so I get why they made that move. But with Boba Fett, that's something else. His face is actual his true mask... Not the helmet he wears. That is what defines his look. And it's cool...

9. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Hmm..... Now I'm thinking of Jason Momoa as Boba Fett................................... Foin's right! A huge casting mistake was made!!! :p

10. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Oh you could still have him playing a younger Jango I guess (as well as a younger Boba), considering they kinda have the same skin colour and such:p

11. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'll email GL, he'll just fix it with CG for the blu-ray release. Easy :D

12. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Dont...you know he will!! :p

I have to agree that it was a shame to see the face behind the mask, but it was a part of the storyline!!
    A Boba Fett movie would possibly end up the same as the Conan spin off "Red Sonja" (but with less lady flesh!!).
    Guess the good news is that GL probably won't be involved (if he sanctions it)!!

j/k :p

*runs from thread, before the flaming begins*

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0

14. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I didn't say he had to be a model or something...lol...but THAT looking?And a clone?And the offspring of the guy who was used to make the clone armies?For crying out loud IT'S AN ENTIRE GALAXY and we keep bumping on the same people.AND robots *R2-D2 whistle here*

15. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Yeah don't be surprised if they replaced Billy Dee Williams as a clone too, cause that is why Princess Leia originally didn't trust him... Because he's a clone. Wouldn't surprise me if they added that in the new version on Blu-Ray. No kidding.

16. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Or they should replace all the clones with Billy Dee Williams! Hell, the poor Separatists wouldn't have stood a chance against those winning smiles :p

17. Foinikas

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Well actually in a parallel universe the separatists cloned Chuck Norris.Even Palpatine was shocked.

18. bloodfiredeath

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Ha Ha you said that last time I waded into a similar debate!!

I miss my nose!!

19. hatchet13

hatchet13 The Nasty Tusken

In the middle of the Dune Sea - Tatooine or Austra
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -0
    Boba Fett may look cool and all that but honestly what has he done to deserve a spin off ? Any spin off should be on two clueless Tusken Raiders called 'Dude,Where's My Bantha?' .

20. bloodfiredeath

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Much better scenario!! :p

Or perhaps the Cantina band could have a reality tv show search for a new singer??