Point System Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Boomer, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Alright well it has begun.

Here we go. Someone bought a bold username and then noticed no change because our links here are bold and asked for money back and I said no. Then someone else came by and said wow that would have pissed me off for the day have some of my points.

This is the EXACT reason I do not install these systems. However, I thought we all might be a little more mature now and be able to get by. I guess I am wrong. So I am now laying down some rules.

If you buy something and it does not work, look right, etc. If you buy something and it does not do what you wanted it to do you are not getting your money back. These are points for posting. Just post some more. This is not real money so stop treating it like it is.

I don't want to hear any gripes about anything with the system. If I here one more gripe or someone ask for their money back I am uninstalling it.

Not to sound like an ass or anything but I am not taking suggestions on the points system. You get points everywhere on the boards even in the spam area. This should be something that is fun not something I need to worry about.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  2. Tinuviel

Tinuviel New Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Always has to be one of em in every bunch. :(

3. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Tinuviel, I completely understand why Boomerang is saying what he is. However, you seem to misunderstand the situation.

please do not call me "one of 'em".

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  4. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    But if I am not mistaken you asked for your points back. Listen I am not arguing and I don't care who thinks they are right or wrong. Bottom line is what I said is final and if I have to act like a dictator to keep people inline and to keep people from whining around here I will.

5. Tinuviel

Tinuviel New Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    If you want to out yourself as the person who brought this on, so be it. But, I do not think I misunderstood the situation. I think that something that Boom has implemented at this site, purely for our fun and amusement, will end up being yet another pain in his butt if people start complaining and wanting a refund(of PRETEND money) because the aforementioned 'fun item' is not working properly. And, to make the matters worse, the exchange then brought about a pity donation to the original complainer, making Boom out as the bad guy because he didn't refund the pretend money.

Did I miss something?

I apologize if my calling you 'one of em' offended you. Although, it seems that there always is someone in every group that has to find fault. That alone, must make the thought of implementing anything other than the bare neccessities seem futile. Of course that's just my opinion, and Boom can speak for himself.

6. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I completely agree with you Tin.

When one person, just one person complains about something that noone else seems to have an issue with it does not sit well with me. I implemented this system for fun that is all. Do I care if it works right? Yes I do. However, one stupid little thing is ridiculous. This is a free forum right? I could make it subscription based and THEN if something didn't work right you would be more than entitled to getting your money back. However this is a free board and I want to keep it that way. It is the petty complaints that make the thought of closing this place pass through my head. Yet, I realize that there will always be one person who won't be happy. And all I have to say to that one person out there is that we do not make you come here. If you are not happy with what we do or the way things are you do not need to come back. No skin off our back and none off yours.

7. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Art House Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Boom, I was wondering why my Theif and Donate options dont work anymore. It says "There are none of this item left". This might be the wrong place, but since its about points I figured Id ask.

8. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    There are only a certain number for each number. I figured that the text: "There are none of this item left" would be self explanatory. It will refill eventually.

9. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Hey Boom...

Am I reading this wrong?

Whenever I deposit into my bank, I generally deposit the full contents of my pockets. Yet when I go back to the "main bank page", it says that I still have all my points in my pocket. At the same time, it knows that my pockets are really empty, because I cannot deposit again.

I think it's just a small bug, but thought you'd like to know.

10. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    It has to recycle... Once you gain more or try to deposit it recycles

11. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    You got it Karaton. Folks I AM NOT LOOKING for bug reports. I honestly could careless if this system works 100% or not. Its something fun and it seems to work ok. No worries here.

12. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I noticed it refreshes when I try to deposit again.

Cool. If you're not worried, I'm not worried. ;)