Places for writing fan or other fiction.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by I Man, May 13, 2013.

1. I Man

I Man New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to make a thread where people can check out different places to submit writing. That way those of us that like fanfic or just other fiction can have other places to show off our stuff as well as talking on here. I'll start off with two that I know of.

The Pedestal Magazine accepts writing submissions for poetry and fiction and pays if they print. They print all types of stories. As for poetry, the do some traditional forms, but usually print a higher volume of free verse or non-traditional poems. They also generally have a theme for their writing for each issue the print. The magazine digital and is free to read. http://www.thepedestalmagazine.com/

Kandanoria is a new fantasy world that encourages fan fiction (unlike most other places). They offer a writing contest that pays out for winners, but even better is the day-to-day discussions about the world. It's kind of like being on here, but everyone is distilled down to the one fiction and, like I said, adding to the official lore is encouraged. There is a good bit of free content to get into the world with and premium members get even more content as well as some extra permissions. http://www.kandanoria.com/

If you know about another place that you can submit writing to that will take it seriously (maybe even pay for it), let us know. I am always looking for a way to take my love of fantasy to the next level. I will let you know more as I know more.

2. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
  3. I Man

I Man New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the tip. Free to join is good enough for me. Paid submissions is just icing on the cake. :)

4. I Man

I Man New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I should add here, in case anyone hasn't heard, that http://www.amazon.com is now offering the ability to write fan fiction for their Kindle area. It isn't fantasy related, so I won't go to into it here, but it is a good growing trend. They have the rights to a couple of properties (like "Gossip Girls") and the owners have agreed to allow fan fiction to be written and sold on the site. There are some restrictions on what you can write, of course (no erotica etc.).

5. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    There's a fan fiction thread/discussion up in the "general fantasy" section where we discussed Kindle's ideas on this if you want to check it out.