"Pirates" Sequels Still Casting

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Arwen, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    POTC Fandom attended the open casting call in Los Angeles last Sunday for the "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequels and later interviewed casting director Sande Alessi. The agency is still looking for extras it seems for the March 2005 start of shooting date in Los Angeles where the shooting will alternate between the Californian city and St. Vincent.

According to the casting director, pirate crew extras are being selected early so they can complete training in sword play and other pirate skills before filming starts. Many female extras are needed, as well as people to play soldiers, marines, fishermen, and townspeople in Port Royal and other film locations. Extras of various ethnic backgrounds will be needed, especially if Chow Yun-Fats character needs crew members or other associates.

Meanwhile, "The Office" star Mackenzie Crook, who played a pirate constantly losing his wooden eye in the first film, was on T4 yesterday in the UK, where he confirmed that he would be returning for though didn't specify wether he would be appearing in one or both of the sequels.

Thanks to 'Patrick', 'Diane' & 'Jas'

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041220e.php

2. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Hong Kong action hero Chow Yun-Fat is set to star in the upcoming sequels of box office smash "Pirates of the Caribbean" according to Yahoo News.

Citing Chow's wife, Jasmin Chan Wui-nin, Chinese-language newspaper Apple Daily said Chow will play the famous 15th century Chinese pirate Cheung Po Tsai for the second and third installments of the film.

Chow will team up with members of the original cast including Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush and Keira Knightley along with newly joining Keith Richards as the father of Depp's character.

Chan said both the movie's producer and director contacted Chow's management company in the US two months ago and Director Gore Verbinski flew to Hong Kong last week to discuss the screenplay with Chow.

"The director was very sincere about it and specially flew to Hong Kong and discuss the script with Fat Gor (Chow's nickname) ... but we cannot talk about the details until we sign the contract," Chan was quoted as saying.

Thanks to 'cadguymon'

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/041216i.php

3. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Cool! Chow Yun Fat is cool, and we all saw how well he can handle a sword in Crouching Tiger. I cna't wait for these ones! And his character will span both sequels. Are they doing 2 separate sequels, or a Matrix/Kill Bill style thing of having one too-long movie chopped into 2 release dates?

4. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Chow Yun Fat has officially signed on to the third film according to chud. He will play Captain Sao Feng, a notorious pirate.

5. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    A minor bit of technical detail about the progress of the filming:

Gore Verbinski was out promoting his new Nicolas Cage dramedy "The Weather Man" when he revealed how his work on the two back-to-back "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequels are going to iF Magazine.

Things seem to moving rather strangely - "I'm a quarter of the way through the third one and three quarters of the way through the second one. It's madness. We're shooting scenes in the third movie without even knowing what the hell we're doing. We actually have a pretty good second script and the third script is still on the operating table. And we're in triage constantly, everyday. I don't recommend making two movies at once. I think that we're going to get there, but it's just madness. I think that the second movie is strong and clever and has a lot going on. The third movie we're still working on".

He has been getting advice - "I did talk to Peter Jackson about it and he said, 'Re-shoots'. We don't have time for re-shoots. We don't have the time. We actually have a story that's challenging and compelling and dangerous and he [Jack Sparrow] is still the character that gets to weave his way through that story and affect everyone else with his own agenda"

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/051013e.php

6. The Empress

The Empress Solitude and Strength...

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Oh my gosh...I just read all this and it is so exciting! Finally some more movies to add to my collection!