Pillars of Creation

Discussion in 'The Sword of Truth' started by Confessor, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Please discuss Pillars of Creation in this section.

2. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    The best part of this book was OBA. what a sick sick man . but i loved his hole Character . but is was not one of his best books

3. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, this is probably my least favourite out of the 9 books so far. When I first started reading it, I thought maybe I'd picked up the wrong book. I mean, there's character development, and then there's excessive. This was excessive. It was all about Jennsen and Oba for like at least 75% of the book, and not a mention of either Richard or Kahlan for that duration. It was basically just filler, and that's something this series never needs to repeat. Pillars of Creation are of course crucial to the future story line, but the detailed life story of Oba, who eventually dies (or does he?), and Jennsen, Richard's half-sister, was quite unnecessary for the most part. It didn't help advance the story, and Jennsen's tale ended kind of anti-climatically. She was dead set on killing Richard right from the off, and when she finally meets up with him, the uttering of a few consoling words is enough to stay her hatred? Well, that coupled with Sebastien's lies. Not a very strong story line if I'm honest.

The book did get good when Sebastien took Jennsen to Jagang, and they went to Aydindril. I thought the whole scenes between Zedd and Adie, and the Imperial Order troops were very good, and very entertaining, and from that point on, it was enjoyable enough. Certainly not TG's best work though...

4. Wolf star *

Wolf star * I walk alone.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I found the ending was quite rushed.

Not much to kill oba off as the whole book made out to be.

If I remember right Richard shows up walking across the desert and bang he’s dead. Doesn’t go into much detail about how he used his powers or how he got there so fast..

I know I know its all about need.. but he should of been more descriptive is all.

Just my two cents