Photography House - welcome and the rules

Discussion in 'User Created Art' started by Overread, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    Welcome to the TFF Photography House. This section is dedicated to the showing and devlopment of photographic works of members of TFF.

Rules of the house

1) This section is dedicated to the works of photography of members of TFF and thus you are only allowed to post images which you have taken yourself. You are permitted to like to photos that you have not taken if you need to, but no posting images that are not yours. (if you need too head off to spam)

2) Constructive comments are allowed - insults and bashing are not! Do feel free to comment on the works of others, give advice and point out areas where you think improvements might be warranted, but do so in a polite manner.

3) These rules can be changed and added to at any point my by (and I guess the TFF mods and admin as well ;))

Image posting rules:

1) Please remember that there are people still on dial up and that its very hard for people to give meaningful advice or comments on a lot of photos - so please post your work with restraint and do try to keep the numbers of photos in a post down to a sensible level.

2) Photos should not be greater than 1000pixels on the longest side and 800pixels is around an ideal size - do please feel free to link to larger examples offsite if you have them.

3) If you are after help do please remember that the following information will greatly aid and encourage constructive comments: camera used; lens used (if interchangeable); ISO; aperture; shutter speed; mode shot in; basic idea of the ambient lighting and weather at time of shoot; any other notes or kit used for the shot (eg tripod, remote release) and also try to give an idea of what you were hoping to achieve with the image.

4) If you specifically do not want any critique of your work in a thread please do say so at the start of the thread or in the title - any threads without such notations are fully open to critique.

2. anonymous

anonymous the king

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -3
    -but can i send pic witch i have saw but i havent photographed the m ?

3. Overread

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    no - this is a serious section on the site (yep we do have a few outside of spam) and its for photography only - so unless you took the photo no.

4. anonymous

anonymous the king

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -3
    i meant i watch the sunrise while my sister photographed it ..still no ?

5. Overread

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    no - this section is really just for the works of members of the site - if you want to post that sort of stuff then spam or maybe one of the general sections would suffice

6. anonymous

anonymous the king

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -3
    tnaks god i have some my own photos :p

7. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I am really looking forward to getting my camera. Thanks for the links in the link section. Really useful.

8. Árëlin Milloway

Árëlin Milloway Toast Tiger

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yays! Awesomest of all houses!