Phantom

Discussion in 'The Sword of Truth' started by Confessor, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Please discuss Phantom in this section.

2. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    If anyone has any speculations on what is going to happen in this book then please discuss. :)

3. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Well, I have ideas about what will happen...Obviously if you haven't read Chainfire, don't read what I've written below.

So, since the Sisters of the Dark not under Jagang's control have put Chainfire into effect, Kahlan is remembered by no one but Richard because of it, and they've also put the boxes of Orden back in play, it's safe to say this will be a pretty packed novel! Not only that, but Jagang's beast is still after Richard.

I managed to spend 5 minutes or so at Barnes and Noble the other day, so I've finally read the preview chapter for this book. The sisters and Kahlan stop to rest at some house or other. Kahlan is determined to find out who she is, despite not remembering anything. When they get inside the house, the man (I forget his name) there actually acknowledges Kahlan. Up until that point, people have seen her, but as soon as they think to say something, they forget her. Not the case here. When he brings out food for the Sisters, he brings out 4 bowls, and one of those is for Kahlan. She can't believe he can see her, and neither can the Sisters. The chapter ends there.

I'm not sure what to make of that to be honest. Is this man a pillar of creation? I can't recall whether Richard asks Jennsen in Chainfire if she remembers Kahlan or not, so I can't say for sure....

Anyway, what I think will happen in Phantom. Since the Sisters of the Dark have put the boxes of Orden in play, but Samuel and his regained prize (The Sword of Truth) managed to steal one, I think Richard will go after him, and take back the box and his sword. I think Richard will gain the power from the boxes of Orden. Also since he is the one who has memorised the Book of Counted Shadows, he obviously needs no Confessor to verify the truth of what he's saying. The box Samuel stole may conveniently turn out to be the one Richard needs to open to gain the power of the boxes. This he will do not only to thwart the Sisters in their plan to unleash the Keeper, but also to battle Jagang's beast. Perhaps gaining the power from the boxes with give him some understanding of his gift. Imagine how formidable it will make him. A war wizard with the magic of Orden! Richard vs. the Beast should be an interesting fight!
    I'm not sure what will happen with Kahlan. I think she might be fighting the Sisters alone for a while. They'll probably kill this man who acknowledged her, but she'll plan to rebel somehow, now that she knows she's not invisible to the world. Reuniting with Richard will happen nearer the end of the book I think...

Well, that's what I think :)

4. Kahlan Amnell

Kahlan Amnell Mother Confessor

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Once I get the book which I had saved through my local bookstore and finished it - i'll be back. It might take me a good while though - i'm a slow reader. bye for now.

5. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Warning Spoilers Below!
    If you haven't read Phantom then please don't read any further!

After reading this book. I believe that Nicci will have to do some serious explaining after what she did by putting the box of order into play in Richard's name. Personally, I don't think that she's trying to win back her good willed nature with Richard. She betrayed him by giving over Kahlan to Jagang. Personally I'd like to see Richard kill her with the Sword. I believe Richard is too trusting with people - especially Nicci. I liked Cara's idea of killing her. It is going to be very interesting when Kahlan learns who she truly is and then even if she accepts the idea. Then there is the fact that Richard still has to get the sword back from Samuel. A lot is going to happen in this book and even though I do have it in my possession, I still haven't read it yet. What are your thoughts?

Search tags for this page

kahlan jagang phantom forum

richard kahlan forum phantom

richard kahlan phantom forum