Padme's death: childbirth or broken heart?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by RavenRock, Mar 28, 2006.

?

Would Padme have survived if Anakin wouldn't have strayed to the Darkside?

1. yes, she would have died in childbirth anyways, just as the vision predicted

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. no, she would have survived

31 vote(s)
    81.6%
  1. RavenRock

RavenRock New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do you think Padme would've survived if Anakin wouldn't have turned to the Darkside?

2. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I think she died of a bad case of "lame-ass Lucas script-writing."

Ahem.

If the medic droid reckons she was fine, but lost the will to live, I'd have to say that she would have been fine if Anakin had stayed a good Jedi.

3. Elkean

Elkean New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    (lol) Prepare for long debates with Anakin and Padme now Mububban. ;)

I think if Anakin had stayed with the Jedi Padme would have been fine and would have survived the child birth.

4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    no I won't argue with Mubbuban about bad writing, everybody is entitled to have its own opinion. Let me just say that many things in star wars are symbolic and should not be taken litteraly (like the Bible perhaps;))

She dies of a broken heart which is impossible. There have been people in history that died of a broken heart you would say, but that is of a real big loss and still something wrong goes with the heart itself or other body malfunctions....but like they say, medically she was completely fine!

If you also look at what the Force can do...it shows you the past and such...so that would explain that Leia was able to remember her mother...still she didn't really have so much visual contact with her as Luke and Luke wasn't able to remember his mother? Why? Because Luke is more like his father and Leia is more like her mother, both are almost identical to their parents. While Luke is born to become a Jedi Knight like his father, Leia is born to become a diplomat like her mother. Luke is emotionally deeper connected to his father and Leia to her mother. That also if you think of science with the Force it doestn't make much sense. But it is also symbolic like the death of Padmé

Also the fact that Anakin and Vader are two different persons. Anakin dies in episode III, that is why you see him so young as a ghost from the Force in episode VI. But didn't he actually die in episode VI? Yes and no...Anakin's spirit died in ep III, his body died in ep VI i.e. it was still Vader who died in ep VI although turned back to the light, but not Anakin. Anakin died as a Jedi in ep III...

This also raises questions I know...lot's of symbolic things confuse people...cause if this theory is correct than it was Vader who furfilled the prophecy not Anakin....

5. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Well all of what you said is true, and it would explain the reasoning behind young anakin as a ghost. and i do veiw anakin and vader as 2 different people. but the prophecy said that a boy would be born by midicholrains and that he would bring balance to the force. I dont ever remember it saying that he would do it as a jedi. so i think that yoda was right in saying, " A prophecy, misread could have been."

so because if you do look at it as 2 different people, then you could make the same arguments on vader as you did for anakin. Vader was born of midiclorains, just as anakin was. Vader and anakin are the same person with different names, correct, but they have completely different mind sets which is why i view them as 2 completely different people.

6. The Empress

The Empress Solitude and Strength...

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    From a females point of view and one with children, it would not be hard to lose the will to live and die after your body has gone through something as traumatic as childbirth (yes, labour is NOT easy!!!). Especaily if the person you have gambled your entire future on fails you in a huge way like Anakin did to Padme. There...that is my 2 cents. :D

7. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    she would have survived, because as they said she lost the will to live.

8. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, its simply supposed to be a fairytale like idea... dying of a broken heart. Tragic for a person as strong willed as she was. She claimed jokingly that love had blinded Anakin but in fact it had blinded her for so long

9. DazaRulz

DazaRulz The Aussie Soccer Team

Mirkwood, helping Gil-Galad_360 protect Middle-Ear
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well i voted that she would have died at child birth.

But maybe she could have survived.

10. Darth_Sabbathus

Darth_Sabbathus Dark Lord of the Sith

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I personally believe that Anakin, the chosen one, died on that table as "the suit" was being put on, and being the chosen one, his death (and consequential rebirth as a sith) sent such powerful reverberations through the force that even Padme, as she was closer to him than either Obi-Wan or the Emperor, felt them, and felt the pain of his tranformation, causing her death.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    actually that is not a bad theory...although her death was more symbolic I do see how you can look from more realistic points of view looking at your theory

12. Darth_Sabbathus

Darth_Sabbathus Dark Lord of the Sith

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well as far as i could see, the theoretical force bond between Anakin and Padme existed as early as AotC, if not earlier. For example, when Padme fell from the gunship during the Battle of Geonosis: it seemed to me that she stirred from unconciousness at the exact moment Anakin was fried by Darth Tyrannus/Dooku, before the clone trooper approached her, as if she somehow felt Anakin's pain. She also had some as of yet unexplained notion that the battle between the two jedi and Dooku was taking place in some hangar, which she couldn't possibly know otherwise, unless said force bond with Anakin existed. Anyways, I'm getting slightly off-topic, but thats the extent of my theory.

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Well, that seems a little exagerated. The only thing I wonder about is how did Padmé know that Anakin was in a "hanger". Was that through the Force or was it just a mistake. Although, in a cut out line from the beginning of Episode II, Yoda says to Padmé how she is very strong in the Force, but it never made it to the theatrical version.

What would make sense though in the third one is that Padmé's strength in the Force increases as she is pregnant with the Skywalker children. And her connection with them makes her more powerful. But, any Force sensitivity doesnt appear in the film though. Its just speculation at this point....

14. Cåim

Cåim Fallen Jedi

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'd say broken heart, Anakin saw the vision of what would happen if he turned to the dark side, but he didn't get what the vision was telling him.

15. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I'm sure that somebody would have shown her an image or two (if not actually explaining Padme's identity and relations) over the years of her mother. I mean, for her, it wasn't a big secret that her adoptive mother wasn't her biological one.

16. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Who knows, but the way Leia talks about her mother it seems that she was really in her presence...you don't have that kind of connection with pictures. We all know that Leia is Force sensitive so it's just an easy explenation how she could have known her mother

17. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    True enough. :)

18. Euphoric

Euphoric Baise Le Monde

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think it was on Mustafar when Anakin force choked Padmé, That is what I think broke her heart. Having the love of her life not believe her, and then do something so barbaric.

19. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I dont think it was really only that, it was mostly how Anakin changed in general, he wasn't the man she loved anymore.

20. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    true indeed.
    and there u see why both sith and jedi deni love. of different reasons...

Search tags for this page

did padme die of a broken heart