Padme's Age?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Confessor, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0
    My sentiments exactly, although perhaps a little more properly phrased.

2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I get the humour, but it seems you don't get what sarcasm is... seems you don't like much abut SW, well to each his own...

3. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Ah, you're one of those people. You only ever find them online, so weird. Well it's odd, if you don't like SW why you talking about it then? *scratches head* I don't like LOTR but I don't go and chat about it. I assumed that you were an originals fan but a prequels basher lol

4. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0
    I love the expanded-universe, the whole setting, and the technology. The force is really awesome, or was really awesome until they brought medichlorians into the picture. Some of the star wars movies are amazing (particularly the original trilogy, episodes 1 and 3 are tolerable sometimes as well) and the video games based on star wars are fantastic. I just despise episode 2, and the writing/acting in episodes 1/3, and I find the comic books/novels to be boring.

5. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    The EU is rubbish imo, like I said before, it's like one big soap opera, unoriginal and with the most ridiculous storylines... The Emperor cloned... Uh huh, very good. And of course Leia has twins, original.... Calls her son Anakin? She would never do that, it's not in her character. People who really knew SW would know this. She never had an attachment to her real parents, she was focused on the present and what was ahead. It was Luke who was more attached to knowing about his father and such, if he had had children then he would have been the one more likely to call his son Anakin. But in a real SW sequel to Jedi, Luke would never have had children or got married, Lucas said this himself. The movies are fantastic though, the depth to them is amazing. References to, as I said before, mythology, fairytales, politics, opera, culture, history etc etc. And what's wrong with the midichlorians? Is it such a big deal to get into a huff about? Strange things that people pick up on, oh well, at least Jar Jar didn't come up again lol Though I'm not a fan of the novels, as you said, I'm not interested in someone else's interpretation of SW, hence why I'm not a fan of the EU either. I think it is more accurate to call it AU aka Alternate Universe. Cause it's not Star Wars.

6. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Well part of the problem with the EU is that its free writing rights - ergo its not the original author, so people (and publishers who pick what does nad does not get printed) are often looking for the same forumla to keep it "Star Wars" - which is why you end up with the same story being rehashed and poor understanding of characters.

As for KOTOR - KOTOR 1 had a good story to it, though some things were a little odd it was I felt a strong story. KOTOR 2 had a very weak (heck it was not even finished) story, but the Crone Character I thought was something well thought out and presented - something about her was new, and yet very starwarsy.

7. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Well said Padme! You are indeed correct about the character and not the actor portraying her. Padme was a very worthy character in the star wars films. I love the way she takes charge in the arena in episode two. That was Totally awesome! I love her dress while her and Anakin are at their Naboo retreat. Then comes her Genosis white outfit at the arena fight. And last but not least the outfit she wore while her and Anakin went back to Tatooine. Her character is very strong in the Star Wars Universe. It is a shame her life had to end so quickly. I would have loved to seen more about her!

8. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I like EU, it's good stuff, there's the Lucas version which is rather boring to me, I was barely able to watch the last three episodes, the ones with Luke, because at that time there was no advanced cg, so the only thing there you can watch is the story, which I find rather sad.

@OR: I agree, the whole Star Forge bit was rather lame, but the main story was and is my favorite when it comes to SW, I do not like KOTOR 2...at all, the gameplay may be better but the story is just sad, like Lucas wrote it to be honest.

9. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Strange why you found the prequels boring, I know a lot of people did not find the political stuff interesting, and of course MANY did not understand the historical references, not just politically but with the main characters as well, but yeah that's not Lucas' fault, just people aren't knowledgeable enough. The EU on the other hand has shallow depth, there's rarely anything more than what's on the surface, and in a sense it's more adolescent reading. The Star Wars movies on the surface is very friendly and fun for kids but there's a lot more to it than that. And it is when I learned of this as I became older than I began to appreciate it more. But yeah, some people like the soap opera EU style more lol Bet their big Home and Away fans too lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Well, what I understand is that SW is entertainment, I don't care about the political remifications and the effects of the east india trading company on the stanting of the worlds economy.
    I want to watch a movie for fun, I take life lessons from my own expiriances, not from fiction.

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Well yeah EU doesn't contain the mysteries, the mythology, the historical references. Like Padmé says it misses depth. I guess the story of SW really intrigues people who understand those historical references and the metaphores. Without those SW would be nothing. EU feeds itself from mostly characters that George Lucas created or base other characters that GL created on that. I mean Jacen and Anakin Solo, you can see they are already based on Luke and Anakin. It's almost a duplicate, which just takes another twist. I I think it's always boring when they try to duplicate the story of Anakin going to the Dark Side... It happened to Luke in EU, it happened to Jacen in EU.. It happened to Cade in EU... The list goes on... Many writers just lack the inspiration or the knowledge to create an actual Star Wars story. I think the only thing that comes a little close is maybe the story of the Force unleashed which follows the rules Lucas created for himself. A love story, a mentor and a comic side-kick. And the theme follows the same as star wars, namely redemption, while with Luke and Jacen that's not the case.

12. Kelmourne

Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0
    when I say expanded-universe, it's basically a pretty way of ssaying I like the setting.

Search tags for this page
age of natalie portman padme
age padme episode 1
how old are anakin and padme when they met
how old is anakin when he meets padme
how old is padme in episode 1

how old is padme in episode 3

how old is padme in episode one
how old was anakin and padme when they met
how old was padme in episode 1

how old was padme when she met anakin

how old were anakin and padme when they met