Padme's Age?

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Confessor, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone - I did a little bit of searching about what Padme's age was when her and Anakin first met. As well all know when they met he was nine years old while Padme was fourteen at that time. So in episode two, Anakin is training with Obi-Wan for ten years which makes him nineteen when he meets Padme again on Crosunt. Padme is now twenty four years of age. And in the final I take it takes place perhaps two to three years later after Episode two? So wouldn't that make Ppadme twenty-seven years old and Anakin would be only twenty two before he is turned from the path of light? Am I correct? I knew Padme would be a bit older than Anakin but Natalie Portman doesn't look like she's older than Hayden Christian in the movies. I also don't like what Portman said about her playing Padme. She stated something along the lines of it not being her part to play. That kind of made me mad. One thing I didn't care for was her acting in Episode 3. No offense to you Portman lovers out there but she really got on my nerves in Episode III. To me she didn't really show any emotions with the news she had for Anakin. I just think they could have found someone else for the role of Padme. Believe me there were plenty more ladies out there who would have been a great Padme. What do you guys think??

2. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I completly agree, down to the last detail, it's like I wrote it only it's a post with perfect spelling, good show m8.

3. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well I always thought both Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman were ungrateful for playing SW, acting like snobs, complaining about it, while it made them surely more famous and they were spoiled in other ways through SW. Someone else doing the part of Padmé... I thought that too, but at the moment I can't think of somebody.

4. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ewan was a snob?But I liked him...I thought he was rather good myself.

And honestly I don't actually remember any other high-budget movie where Natalie got such a meyor role, they should have got somebody else, but we got used to her now.

5. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    You're right confessor, she was 27 when she died. And concerning Natalie Portman, indeed I don't like the snobbish look she's taken towards SW, without it she would not be the star she is. Could other women have played the role of Padmé? Easily, but I'm not in tears that it was her. I care more about the character itself rather than the girl who played her.

6. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Oh it wasn't just Natalie Portman's acting that sucked in Episode 3, it was the whole damn cast, with maybe the exception of the emperor.

But I thought Natalie's age looked right for the part.

7. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    How?She looks the same in all 3 episodes.
    Not only do we now how more advanced technology before, we also have characters that don't age and are not even force sensitive too explain it...unless...she is force sensitive?

8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well being Force Sensitive doesn't keep you young, but they do say that Padmé was Force sensitive due to the fact she was pregnant of twins who were both Force sensitive.

9. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Oh God...midi-chlorians...what was he thinking...

This is really poorly explained in the movies, I though the reason why Yoda was 800-ish was because of the force, but I guess it's his spicies.

10. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Yeah indeed, Padmé was meant to be strong in the Force, there's even a line of Yoda saying this to her at the beginning of Attack of the Clones but it was cut out, but you can still read it in the script. There's also a cut out scene between Obi-Wan and Padmé in Episode III where he says she should have been a Jedi lol But with her being pregnant with the Skywalker twins, it was the idea of one of the concept designers that she thus became the most force sensitive person in the galaxy. And it was an idea Lucas was going to work on with Padmé being doubled over in pain because of this effect, and that Yoda was trying to help her, but being unable to 'there's artwork of this idea in The Art of Revenge of the Sith book). But that idea was scrapped along with many others. So whether or not she was truly more sensitive in the Force because of the twins is unknown but it's interesting to think about. But in general she was meant to be strong anyway, but it doesn't matter.

11. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    So...that's why she actually died?I didn't quite get that part...too many things happen in the last 10 minutes of the movie.

12. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    No she lost the will to live... That's all lol... May sound weird, but yeah that's the reason she died.

13. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    She's meant to have died of a broken heart, kind of fairytale like death.

14. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I knew there was no way Lucas wrote Knights of the Old Republic, the story was too good.

Hmm, that is a nice way to die, however only Gaiman can pull that off.
    Or if he did the episodes in the proper order because back then that kind of drama would have been a hit.

15. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    You actually think KOTOR is a better story? ok.......

16. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    KOTOR didn't have a great story imo, didn't feel like Star Wars to me, more like a misc sci-fi creation with lightsabers lol

17. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I think that's why so many of us like it, because we don't like Star Wars story, just the concept of the Force and the Jedi and of course the shiny pointy things.

18. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    With all respect, Nox, but do you know that you sound like a little boy, a boy who likes to play with lightsabers, wants to be a Jedi as he likes shiny pointy things lol

19. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Ah, you like it cause it's not SW, makes sense lol Cause it's not. People who don't like SW tend to like the EU as well, for me, I like Star Wars itself. Fantastic mythology, metaphors, music, and all the formula of a great hero's journey. Just love it on so many levels.

The game of KOTOR was ok tho, but again didn't feel star warsy and the story was weak.

20. Nox

Nox Antediluvian

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Monty Phaytonesque humor is lost on you isn't it?Oh well...

The music makes my heart skip, quite litteraly and not in a good way, the mythology...meh, and the cliche of a great hero's journey starring a very whinny kid who likes to kill Sandman and his equaly whinny kid who's got it too hard on the farm so he decides to leave and kill his father, all in all, there are better choices.
    The metaphors I hate the most, they're too obvious, you can just feel the moral lessons crawling beneth your skin like a scarab bettle.
    The spicies...I mean Calamari, come on...

I just don't like Star Wars *shrug*

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
Search tags for this page
age of natalie portman padme
age padme episode 1
how old are anakin and padme when they met
how old is anakin when he meets padme
how old is padme in episode 1

how old is padme in episode 3

how old is padme in episode one
how old was anakin and padme when they met
how old was padme in episode 1