Other Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Sword of Truth' started by Confessor, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Post other thoughts you have in regards to the SOT series. For example who is your favorite character and why? What are your thoughts about SOT being made into a movie? Etc.

2. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys I just wanted to give you all a heads up on my travel dates this month. I'm going Turkey Hunting on the following Days: Wednesday April 26 through April 30th. I'll be back the first week of May though. Currently, I'm preparing to get married in June this year so May and June will be big months for me. May is going to be a big month because my fiancee and I will be in the process of moving into our new home. So we have to move furniture, appliances, and etc. While in June my family will be preparing for the wedding - therefore I will not be on any at all in June. I'm sorry but I just wanted to let you all know now so you all won't panic incase I'm not on for a very long time. Go on without me about TG. I'll be back online when I get the internet at my new home. Happy Discussion!

-Cordelia

a.k.a.

Confessor in White

3. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    wow turkey hunting...

sounds like some busy long times ahead, but I think the labour will be well worth it?

4. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Indeed it will be!! :)

5. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    awesome, hope you have a great day then :p

6. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    The official TG website is located at: http://www.prophets-inc.com/
    They've finally finished the new design and I must say it is very snazzy. I like it!! It's a job well done!! Check it out. :)

7. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ah, superb! It looks much better now, and it's nice and easy to navigate around it.

8. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    hmm is there supposed to be a top half, cause my browser wont load it...:(

9. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Yes there is supposed to be a top image. It works for me. Do you have the latest version of Firefox or IE??

P.S. - No turkeys. Hopefully i'll have better luck next time. :)

10. Smurf

Smurf Finrod Felagund

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I guess I will need to be a bit more patient :p

:D cool, you should try hunting wallabies....

11. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    That's okay. Hunting Waterfowl, Ground Hogs, and Turkeys keep me entertained - along with fishing. :)

12. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Okay. I'll try to have my comments on Wizards First Rule by the end of June when everything has officially calmed down on my end. Nearly all of the wedding items are complete except for the final fitting of my dress and the flowers. Other than that i'm trying to loose weight but I need somebody to back me up when it comes to eating bad food. For example my breakfast was a bag of those onion chips. I forget what they are called. Other than that i'm going through 'withdrawal' from hot chocolate as my fiancee calls it. I can't have any of that anymore because of the sugar in it. Its not that I don't eat the right foods because my lunches this week have been salads with applejuice and dinners have been lax as well. I'm not eating much but it's the fact i need to get my bum out of this freaking chair and begin my walking routine once more. Now that the weather is nice again I'll start it up again. I'm trying my best to loose 10 pounds before the wedding. If you don't see me on for quite some time you'll know why. Hope everyone has fun while I'm away. My next vacation or in this case Wedding break will be from June 10 through June 30. Have fun while I'm away ladies and gentlemen. Later.

13. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Subject Banners.

Does anyone know someone who can make some Terry Goodkind banners? I can do it with Photoshop but I only have version 6.0 All of the effects are not in that one. I got it at my college for 40 bucks. I'd like some banners made of all of the books that have been published to date with the covers and some sort either a quote from the book or the latest wizards rule learned. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks guys!! :)

14. chancock

chancock New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Back to movies... I hope one is made!! Now that the LOTR series is finished I'm suffering good fantasy film withdrawl

15. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, I think TG has been approached about a possible Wizard's First Rule film, and he stated that he will never sell the rights to a film being made :(

I'm not sure if I'd want one. Each book is so long, and so busy, that I'm not sure one film could do each book justice. Of course, the same was said of LOTR.
    I would suggest a mini-series as an alternative, with each season being one book. But then a host of problems arise, such as lower budget, difficulty keeping the cast together, and successfully running an 11 season series. That'd be tough, but not impossible I suppose.

I don't know, but it's not going to happen while TG still lives. Just out of interest, who would you cast? Personally, I think Tom Welling would be a good Richard Rahl.

16. chancock

chancock New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wait about 10 years and Brad Pit would make a great Darkan Rahl

For Kahlan...maby the new shadowcat from x-men but she'd have to be a few years older. Jessica Alba would make a good kahlan-both of these actresses would need color contacts to play the role though.

For Shota-Angelina Jolie is a shoe in--100% sexy-but a little weird and dangerous at the same time

For Chase-hugh Jackman if you can get him or the guy who played ObiWans master in Starwars

for richard-Maby the Eric Banna or Chris O'Donnal

Zed would be tricky though--I can't think of anyone for this role

17. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    No way should TG make a movie of this. It shouldn't be made. My SOT Adoration would go completely down the drain if a movie was ever to be made. Personally I know they would leave out a LOT of stuff in order to make it into a movie. The cast would be a MAJOR factor as well as getting ALL of the story into the movie. It just will not work.My thoughts on this matter are a big No because I know I would be disappointed with the casting. Especially for Kahlan they'd pick some idiot who has the looks and not the brain capacity for the role. It wouldn't be worth it and as for Richard I'm not sure who I would pick. I'd say no one really appeases my attention when it comes to Richard Rahl. Hugh Jackman wouldn't even work. Sorry If I've offended some of you but I'm very conscious in my opinions about making a movie. Just because LOTR was made into movies doesn't mean Every single book Has to be made into a movie. Besides, those who are TG fans on here do not meet up here in this thread and talk as much as Richard and I had hoped. Well....I do believe I've shared what was on my mind.

18. chancock

chancock New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you don't like movie translations I understand, but with the meager offerins at the box office-mostly B-comidies and Horror we really need more fantasy or comic based movies. There is only X-men and Superman to look forward to all summer--and not one real Fantasy film that I am aware of.

19. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Well most people know a LOT of stuff out of movies. Look at LOTR and Chronicles of Narnia. They are both Fantasies and although they did a good job on LOTR they still left out a lot. Same goes for Narnia. Yet if TG were to ever release the movie to the general public then he should be in Charge of the casting and pretty much everything along with the director and the screenplay writer. I don't know why i'm so offensive to this notion but to me it just shouldn't be done.

20. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    Okay guys I'm going to be gone for a month. See you all in the middle of July! Have a safe and enjoyable summer!! :)