Orcs

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kill frenzy, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Kill frenzy

Kill frenzy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Obviously they weren't as well suited to fighting as humans because of their crooked limbs, small height and weakness in sun light. But it occured to me a few years ago that orcs may be possilby stronger than humans?

In the first movie a group of orcs rip trees out of the ground. It would take alot more humans to do that. So are orcs stronger than humans?

2. Aphelion

Aphelion The Mighty One

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    crooked limbs, small height? Well, as we've already seen in LOTR, there isnt only one type of Orcs. There are couple of them, there are those regular Orcs, basically they use them for labour (In Isengard), not quite sure if they were exactly the same breed that Sauron used for his army in Mordor. There is another type which you can clearly see, the Uruk-Hai. Pretty obvious, the stronget breed of Orcs (I really loved em' xD), they were larger and stronger than their forebears, and could withstand the light of the sun. An Uruk-Hai stregnth is alot more than an average human, he can possibly crush your skull with one hit. There is another type which can be noticed in Mordor, some orcs that were bigger but not as strong as the Uruks. If you remember in the Tower of Cirith Ungol, there was a massacre of Orcs from two different breeds (If my memory isnt mistaken). If you judge by D&D world, then generally speaking, Orcs have much more strength, stamina and endurance than humans. Though, they lack intelligence and perhaps swiftness. Orcs are an army made of brute strength. Oh well, its my own opinion about them.

3. Kill frenzy

Kill frenzy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Well i mean lord of the rings orcs, and the normal variety of lotr orcs. Uruk-Hai of course are amazing fighters. But in the movie normal orcs are seen also to show amazing feats of physical strength and endurance, its clear that Uruk-Hai orcs are superior. But normal orcs seem to be getting less credit than their worth.

4. Kill frenzy

Kill frenzy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The larger Mordor orcs are Uruk-Hai. Saruman wasen't the original creator to the Uruk-hai, Sauron passed the knowledge of how to breed them onto the white wizard. Its said that Mordor Uruk-Hai are more skilled and mroe developed than the Isengard breed. Simply because the Isengard brood were younger and had less training and experience, although they were much more of an organised army.

Its abit like Celts VS Romans. Ones better at fighting and the other is better at team work.
    The armies of Mordor were very unorganised and ill equipped. What made Saruman's Uruks so successful is that they knew the basics on how to fight, and they were trained as an elite army. They were highly disiplined and worked well as a unit, in turn each unit worked well together as an army.

Mordor Uruks were better at fighting because they were older so they had more training and experience. But their training included the martial art aspect and not any of the disipine or other training that the Isengard Uruks had. Plus the Isengard Uruks were in larger numbers and well equipped.

Swear to god if the lord of the rings table top game wasen't so crap. I'd play it, infact Lotr would do well if someone formatted it into warhammer fantasy rules.

5. KraToRik

KraToRik Panda Samurai

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well, most supernatural races are considerably stronger than humans, especially the ones considered to be 'evil' like Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, Ogres and so on. So I think Orcs are stronger than humans but also dim-witted, which is why humans more often than not, win against them. Plus the whole sunlight thing.

6. Aphelion

Aphelion The Mighty One

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yes I agree.. a battle requires not only strength but intelligence too, therefore an Orcish army without a very good leadership wont survive. But what seemed great about the elite Uruks isnt only their strength and endurance but also their loyalty to their master, you can count on them that they wont turn back in fear but fight till the end. At least, thats the impression I've got from them in LOTR.

7. Kill frenzy

Kill frenzy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yea i thought that was cool aswell. They didn't fear Saruman, they respected him and had loyalty to him.

8. Aphelion

Aphelion The Mighty One

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Well, when you have warriors that are loyal to you, you know that you wont be betrayed and you know that they will do everything you bid them to. and that feature is very important in an ongoing battle too. would you like to have a personnal Uruk army? ;) not as affective as the undead one though.. *laughs*

9. Kill frenzy

Kill frenzy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    An army of Kill frenzies would rape them both. But theres only one of me, and i cost a fair amount of money.

10. Aphelion

Aphelion The Mighty One

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Actually, any beast which is strong enough and has the urge to kill would be good to annihilate anything. For example, Xenomorphs (Aliens), it's enough to bring one egg that contains the mother and there you are, before you can even notice and you will be surrounded by them. My point is that creatures are smart, their instincts are very sharp and even if you think that their intelligent level is low, which is not correct at some point, they will give you a very hard time. Thats when we come to Orcs, they do have some level of intelligence and their strength is compared to a beast, if trained well, you can even make their instincs sharp as a beasts. Give them a good tactician and a zealous leader and you may have a very deadly force.

11. KraToRik

KraToRik Panda Samurai

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    True, I think any army of any kind of minion can be very effective given the nature of their training and commander. Kinda like the blind leading the blind type of scenario.

12. Kill frenzy

Kill frenzy New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Except that blind people shouldn't lead anyone because they can't see. It's like that cryptic crap you see in warhammer books and other places.

In realitiy:

Blind folk are still blind.

Crazy people are still crazy.

13. Aphelion

Aphelion The Mighty One

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Any army of any minion, as long as you have control ;)

14. Galadriel71

Galadriel71 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Going back to topic . . The Moria Orcs, or "Goblins" whichever you prefer, were very much so small and lanky, Mordor Uruks were also short but very stockey, comparable to a man of 5'8 and 200 lbs. Orthanc Uruks, were the most perfected breed of ORCS, and also the largest, smartest, and undurable of all the ORCS in the Trilogy and most likely in all of the Ages of Middle earth.

15. Thy Fearful Symmetry

Thy Fearful Symmetry New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    The Uruk-hai, it should be remembered, conquered Ithilien and destroyed the city of Osgiliath. Though originally bred by Sauron, Saruman created his own strain, making them resistant to sunlight. He created a formidable fighting force, more than capable of defeating the opposition due to the nature of their creation and their own twisted spirits.