Orc Arguing In The LOTR Trilogy

Discussion in 'Books' started by Daywalker, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Daywalker

Daywalker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is the best comic relief in the books in my opinion. The great dialogue that Tolkien brings makes it so enjoyable and they ALWAYS argue.

2. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Cmoic relief? Well, some of it was funny, but I always rather considered it as something Tolkien used to get information to the characters or move the story along. Like in The Two Towers, their talk is how Sam finds out Frodo isn't dead, and because they are arguing, the whole mithril shirt thing erupts.

3. Daywalker

Daywalker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I find it comical because I think arguing in itself is funny. I'm one of those people that is entertained by arguing, I can listen to it for hours, and as far as getting information to the characters; that's were the great dialogue comes in. Like when the snuffer orc is blaming the other orc for his mistakes. He even says he hopes it's true that the Lord Of The Ringwraiths is dead, that was a bold statement to me but Frodo reminds Sam that they would have dropped their fighting to persue them. Also in the Tower I think it was Shagrat who declares,"I will eat you" -Great stuff!

4. LadyLaurelin

LadyLaurelin Crazy 88 Member (#19)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agreee with you both on this. it's areally funny, entertaining way to get out necessary information. it also just shows you the competitive nature of orcs, because they fight over everything!

5. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    True, but I never really thought about it as comic relief.