Opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Wheel of Time' started by Turin, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    We will be making some changes to the Wheel of Time section in the near future. Our goal is to create a friendly atmosphere for our discussions, and hopefully draw in new members. This is your chance as members and frequent users of the WoT boards to give your input. If there is something you'd like to see or a suggestion you'd like to make please do so in this thread or via PM to me.

Thanks,
    Turin

2. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Ya want my two cents? hehe

I think this forum should have subforums like the Harry Potter and LOTR sections. To keep things slightly more organized.

3. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I think that it will. I'm mulling over possibilities for these subforums. General discussion/Book Specific (Hopefully cutting down on the spoilers)/Recent news etc.

4. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Good idea. :)

I don't want to see one subforum for each book, that would be too confusing and difficult, Maybe one section for debates, one for general, one for book 11 discussions and one for WOT games (the trivia thread and quote thread)

5. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good Nienor. I don't have any issues with it how it is, Id like to get a few more members so we can get some good discussions going, its been very quiet lately.

6. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    With new members will come a massive increase in spoilers, maybe 3 sections are in order: a newbie (I haven't finished all the books) section where you have to put your progression (which book you're on) in the subject line, an on-topic section where all spoilers are allowed (except KoD), a KoD section and an off-topic section for anything else. I have found that the Trivia and quote game inherently contain spoilers.

As I am a new member I can't comment on how quiet it's been lately but we definitely need more members and topics, I haven't posted many new ones 'cos I don't want people to think I'm taking over the Board ;)

7. Radagast

Radagast Art House Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry about taking over the board. The more threads we can conjure, the more active it looks for newbies. I personally just can't think of any threads lol.

Would a seperate forum work for theories? Would we get enough theory threads to make a seperate theory section work?

8. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Yes, bringing in new members is certainly a goal. Hopefully with a good format we'll be more attractive to prospective members. I agree with ya Unraveller, I like to see alot of good discussions.

9. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Of course we would get enough theories, everyone's got a few. The only reason Wotmania doesn't have thousands is because the Admins scrutinise each Theory before they post it. I know I submitted about half a dozen before I got one posted a week ago (*shameless plug* It's about Rand's mental state, in the LTT and the Third man section, also in latest theories). If you want I'll post it here too, it's pretty blinding. Main reason it's there is because someone there put me on the track.

As for new Topics there are lots of possibilities but different sections are definitely the way to go, otherwise people feel like they're spamming if it's not a discussion or theory about a major mystery.

10. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    As far as I'm concerned go ahead and post whatever theories you would like, you don't need to clear them with me. The only thing I ask is that in such threads we don't overly scrutinize or demean someone elses opinion on a theory (We have had no problems with that thus far).

I'd like to say to those who might feel they are taking over by starting numerous threads that they should not feel that way. One of the reasons why I chose to lead this section of the board is because I think that the members who come here are responsible and intelligent posters. I can only think of one occasion where a member had to be corrected for something. Just keep the discussions on track like they have been and it's all good.

BTW, when we do the reorg. I will be moving threads around, so those that exist today will find their way to a new home, so don't worry too much about flooding the one section we have today.

11. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a plan, I think the problem with the lack of new threads is just because theres not much going on it the WOT universe at the moment. Im liking the new ideas everyone, sounds good. Maybe we could have a WOT RPG or something aswell, just for fun.

12. Sorcha

Sorcha Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I haven't done RPG before, but I must say, I might participate in that one :D

13. Radagast

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Before, WoT RPG's weren't allowed. But since the change of owners, those types of rules might change. I think Nienor mentioned to me she was checking that out.

14. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Yep. I've been meaning to mention that to CB. *goes off to do so*

15. Sorcha

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Why weren't they allowed?

16. Radagast

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    The goal was to create a fantasy world of our own, named the Elysium, where all cultures and nations were created by TFF members. Because of that, having pre-existing ties to other fantasy worlds or stories wouldn't work, so no LotR, HP, WoT Rpgs were allowed.

But since the new ownership came into place, WoT RPG's may happen now, depending on what CB says. :)

17. Sorcha

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Ahhh, thanks for explaining :D For some reason, I thought that those were based on LOTR, so I found that kinda strange :)

18. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    No, the current RPG's are general fantasy or SCI-fi. OFC, they may bear a certain LOTR resemblence considering most members here have read the books.

CB said ok for the WOT type RPG. :banana: :banana: We can start a thread and brainstorm ideas.

19. Radagast

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Ah, sounds great!

20. Nienor

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0